Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Pats are running up the score this week

What's Belichick reason this week? Washington doesn't have the offense to come back and the guy I'm playing against has Brady. :music_guitarred:

"Running up the score" = Playing pro f***ing football

Quit your crying.

I guess the Patriots should start taking a knee in the 2nd quarter. :shocking:

C'mon!! Running up the score.. PLEASE!! These are all professional teams and if they can't stop the Pats then that's on them. The Pats are just playing football and that's - that!

C'mon!! Running up the score.. PLEASE!! These are all professional teams and if they can't stop the Pats then that's on them. The Pats are just playing football and that's - that!

:unsure: Amen brotha.

I am a long time Pats fan. But I was embarrassed when with 5 td lead they go for it on 4th down. Thats not good sportsmanship.

"Running up the score" = Playing pro f***ing football

Quit your crying.

Way to show how much class you have. Your parents should be proud of their son. :unsure:

I will say it again...just keep doing what you are doing New England. You haters pissed off BB with all your astericks and taint bullsh!t and now he taking it out on the entire NFL. I am killing everyone in my league because of Brady and because they are not taking the foot off the gas...no matter the score.

The Pats will go 16-0 and Brady will throw for at least 55 TD's.

I am a long time Pats fan. But I was embarrassed when with 5 td lead they go for it on 4th down. Thats not good sportsmanship.

It is completely out of hand. It will come back to hurt them. There are teams with much more pride than the Skins or Dolphins. They will not stand for this garbage. Someone is gonna get hurt. And it may come from a cheap shot, but don't think that Bellicheck isn't asking for it.

The Pat's recent displays of complete and total domination are a two fold F-U to the NFL and the media.

When you questin a team as to whether or not they win because they cheat, you just called to the carpet a pretty darn good football team that will have a little something to show everyone. This is Belichek unleashing the hounds to shut up all of the idiots who actually thought that the only reason that they won is because they cheated.

The second F-U is to all of the folks who call Manning the Best QB in the game since he finally won a Super Bowl. Brady has always been called a winner, but he almost always comes in second to Manning in the "Best" discussion. So they went out and surrounded him with some receivers. He's never had that before. It's like buying a guy a new corvette and not letting him go over 55 mph.

The Pats and Brady are going to set some recors this year and go down as the best team in the history of professional football. That is if they keep this pace up, which should certainly be possible.

Quit your whining, sit back, and enjoy the show!

When you questin a team as to whether or not they win because they cheat, you just called to the carpet a pretty darn good football team that will have a little something to show everyone. This is Belichek unleashing the hounds to shut up all of the idiots who actually thought that the only reason that they won is because they cheated.

Funny, but I didn't see Moss and Welker on those past superbowl teams.

To dominate this year with a new team vs. different competition and to think this erases the past cheating and how it affected outcomes of games is 2 completely different things.

The Pat's recent displays of complete and total domination are a two fold F-U to the NFL and the media.

The second F-U is to all of the folks who call Manning the Best QB in the game since he finally won a Super Bowl. Brady has always been called a winner, but he almost always comes in second to Manning in the "Best" discussion. So they went out and surrounded him with some receivers. He's never had that before. It's like buying a guy a new corvette and not letting him go over 55 mph.

The Pats and Brady are going to set some recors this year and go down as the best team in the history of professional football. That is if they keep this pace up, which should certainly be possible.

Quit your whining, sit back, and enjoy the show!

Because that's a speed limit and there are certain rules, written or unwritten, put in place for whatever purpose. The guy can go as fast as he wants in that Vette, but I don't want to hear a damn word about it when he crashes it right into a 300 lb lineman.

End metaphor.

Seriously, someone quote and save this now:

IF Brady gets hurt doing what they're doing now, I hereby proclaim that no Pats fan is ever allowed to say "Well we were the best team ever until Brady got hurt" or any variety of that phrase without massive public ridicule.

Funny, but I didn't see Moss and Welker on those past superbowl teams.

To dominate this year with a new team vs. different competition and to think this erases the past cheating and how it affected outcomes of games is 2 completely different things.

Exactly... without Moss and Welker, Brady would be stuck on about 22 TD and the average margin of victory would only be about 15 ppg...

Give Brady receivers on par with what Mainning has has the past few years and look what happens.

Watching the Pats reminds me of when I used to play Super Tecmo bowl and I tried to get a perfect season. Tried to go undefeated, set all of the records, and try and score 100 points in a game. They're getting pretty darn close...

You haters pissed off BB with all your astericks and taint bullsh!t and now he taking it out on the entire NFL.

This is the single dumbest thought that people are spreading.

Sorry, BB did that to himself with his own actions...nobody else forced him to do it. If he wants to take it out on someone, take it out on himself for being such a moron to try that stunt.

Yes, I hate watching teams score especially TDs. A ML baseball team can loose by 20 runs and the fans don't cry "running up the score" but the wimpy football fans do. What a bunch of babies.

Yes, I hate watching teams score especially TDs. A ML baseball team can loose by 20 runs and the fans don't cry "running up the score" but the wimpy football fans do. What a bunch of babies.

1. the baseball comparison is getting tired.

2. there is no clock in baseball.

3. they hit you in the focking head with a fastball if you're stealing bases and hitting sac flies when up by 8 or 9 runs.

Other than those minor aspects that make your comparison completely useless, I agree I guess. :pointstosky:

Actually, it WAS good sportsmanship. It would have been poor sportsmanship to take the guaranteed 3 points from the FG. You Pats haters (sorry, I don't believe a true Pats fan would have posted this) need to get off the "poor sportsmanship" bandwagon.

If anything, the poor sportsmanship was exhibited by the Redskins, who chose to roll over and play dead instead of actually competing. That tennis player Davydenko has nothing on Joe Gibbs' squad today. Goodell should fine Washington for "not giving best effort."

1. the baseball comparison is getting tired.

2. there is no clock in baseball.

3. they hit you in the focking head with a fastball if you're stealing bases and hitting sac flies when up by 8 or 9 runs.

Other than those minor aspects that make your comparison completely useless, I agree I guess. :pointstosky:

I am talking about the fans, not the players.

I guess this topic is fantasy football's fault.

1. Fantasy football brought in millions of fans that really don't know allot about the game of Football. Just the fact that they talk about “no class” and “running up the score” in the same breath shows they know nothing about the game.

2. The whiners don't care about the score or outcome of the game, just their fantasy team.

1. Fantasy football brought in millions of fans that really don't know allot about the game of Football. Just the fact that they talk about “no class” and “running up the score” in the same breath shows they know nothing about the game.

2. The whiners don't care about the score or outcome of the game, just their team.

Ah, gotcha. My apologies. The baseball thing is a tired comparison though.

Carry on. :pointstosky:

I'm glad you mentioned this, Me_2006. This is the key point to remember when making any comparisons with baseball. When there is a huge lead the team that's up big continues to try to hit, but they play station-to-station baseball. No first-to-third on a single or first-to-home on a double. And as Me_2006 also pointed out, no stolen bases. BUT, if another home run is hit, they hitters sure don't turn it down and stop at second base.

In football terms, I felt like what the Pats did against Dallas and Washington on 4th down and short was the right thing to do. Against Dallas they ran the ball right up the gut with a 3rd or 4th stringer - a play that should have been easily stoppable, and far less riskier to the Pats than a FG that could have been blocked and returned for a TD (Minnesota vs. Dallas, anyone?). Against the Skins, they had Brady sneak the ball - a reasonable chance for the Skins to stop him and keep them from putting any points on the board. I felt like the TD pass to Welker was more akin to "stealing second with a 10 run lead", but it didn't put my nose out of joint. I certainly wouldn't have done it with Brady and the other starters still in the game, as it was an invitation for Brady to "get a beanball".

And I'm sure that there are some in the NFL (coaches AND players) that probably echo the sentiments of some people here, hoping for Brady to be injured in a situation like that. That's the reason I think Brady, Moss, and whomever else should have been out of the game at that point - the risk was/is far greater than the reward.

This about sums it up... From Billy B. himself...

"It's not [the offense's] job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the [bleep] do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job."

Do you all get it now???? The offense has 1 job scoring points... The defense has 1 job, to stop them...

Obviously, Washington could not do their job today.... MB

ps. so quit the focking crying... This just in the Pats offense is really, really, focking good...

OK, I've been defending New England against the charges of "running up the score" for the past few weeks. But wouldn't this be a delicious scene:

AFC Championship Game

San Diego Chargers (10-6) at New England Patriots (16-0)

Chargers lead 31-24, under 2:00 on the game clock. But the undefeated Patriots are driving for game-tying TD, with no timeouts remaining. Fourth-and-8 from SD 24. Brady's pass to Randy Moss in the end zone glances off Moss's fingertips and falls incomplete. Chargers go to the "Victory" formation. Final snap with :30 remaining. As the final seconds are still ticking off the clock, a jubilant LaDainian Tomlinson runs over to NE sideline to shake hands with NE players and coaches. Who's betting that the Patriots are as "gracious" as they were in San Diego last year???

2. The whiners don't care about the score or outcome of the game, just their fantasy team.

Actually, that you keep defending the Pats behavior shows that you may not know much.

There was a time when coaches would never pull the crap BB is, because they knew their QB or someone else was going to get taken out.

Teams would run the ball and not line up in shot gun, 2-wide formations...or throw the ball on 4th down while up big late in the 4th.

They run the ball, and end the game quickly by taking the clock down.

There is no doubt what the Pats are doing. The defense for it is ridiculous. (and funny, as I had less of a problem this week than with other weeks).

I'm glad you mentioned this, Me_2006. This is the key point to remember when making any comparisons with baseball. When there is a huge lead the team that's up big continues to try to hit, but they play station-to-station baseball. No first-to-third on a single or first-to-home on a double. And as Me_2006 also pointed out, no stolen bases. BUT, if another home run is hit, they hitters sure don't turn it down and stop at second base.

In football terms, I felt like what the Pats did against Dallas and Washington on 4th down and short was the right thing to do. Against Dallas they ran the ball right up the gut with a 3rd or 4th stringer - a play that should have been easily stoppable, and far less riskier to the Pats than a FG that could have been blocked and returned for a TD (Minnesota vs. Dallas, anyone?). Against the Skins, they had Brady sneak the ball - a reasonable chance for the Skins to stop him and keep them from putting any points on the board. I felt like the TD pass to Welker was more akin to "stealing second with a 10 run lead", but it didn't put my nose out of joint. I certainly wouldn't have done it with Brady and the other starters still in the game, as it was an invitation for Brady to "get a beanball".

And I'm sure that there are some in the NFL (coaches AND players) that probably echo the sentiments of some people here, hoping for Brady to be injured in a situation like that. That's the reason I think Brady, Moss, and whomever else should have been out of the game at that point - the risk was/is far greater than the reward.

I don't think anyone is saying kick the FG against Dallas. (that would be stupid).

But they could have taken a knee. Given Dallas the Ball at the 2 with 19 seconds left, no timeouts and down 14 points.

IMO, they ran it because Dallas called the TO after 1st down, and for no other reason.

The problem was the TD as you mention...and just the amount of passes in that drive really. Why not just keep running the ball? Even when Cassel came in (and after last week's INT) he was throwing the ball. I agree that it did not really get me as much as some other things, but like you said, its pushing it with other players and coaches.

I don't think anyone hopes that he gets hurt (that would be total whiner IMO). but if he does happen to take a shot in a game like that and get hurt, I would not cry about it at all.

It is completely out of hand. It will come back to hurt them. There are teams with much more pride than the Skins or Dolphins. They will not stand for this garbage. Someone is gonna get hurt. And it may come from a cheap shot, but don't think that Bellicheck isn't asking for it.

this is what I think too. Someone, somewhere on down the line, is going to take it into their own hands to 'get revenge': brady will be hit late, or moss will get completely laid out, and then where will New England be? Bad karma if you ask me... very bad karma

I hope they continue to run up the score.

Brady, Wes, Ghosty & NE Def owner

:wall: :blink: :wall: :wall: :wall:

The dumbest move I saw this weekend vis a vis runnning up was playing LT into the 4th quarter of an absolute blowout game that was won at halftime.

Great if you own him, but a dumb, reckless move on the part of coach turnover.

The dumbest move I saw this weekend vis a vis runnning up was playing LT into the 4th quarter of an absolute blowout game that was won at halftime.

Great if you own him, but a dumb, reckless move on the part of coach turnover.

"into the 4th quarter" is a bit misleading. They guy played 2 snaps in the beginning of the 4th.

Though, I agree he should have never seen the 4th quarter.

Maybe he wants more guys out for the year with knee injuries????

Running up the score with Matt Cassell?

:sleep:

That would be a sight to see. :thumbsdown: