Sign in to follow this  
Law

** OFFICIAL PATS/COLTS THREAD **

Good game.

Thanks for posting along edjr.

You seemed to have been a lone reed, but at least you posted when down and when ahead.

:rolleyes:

:cheers:

It was a great game. I hate to see the Refs be such a part of it. Any self respecting fan could admit there were some very bad calls. Be nice to see the Colts come to Foxboro for the AFC championship with both teams having all of their players healthy.

I focking HATE the Pats. I have no reason to. I just do.

-I thought the officiating was horrendous. Pats overcame a lot to win this game.

it's nice to see a real fan that can admit what he saw.

It was a great game. I hate to see the Refs be such a part of it. Any self respecting fan could admit there were some very bad calls. Be nice to see the Colts come to Foxboro for the AFC championship with both teams having all of their players healthy.

Agreed. Some bs calls for sure. The rematch should be a splendid game(should everything play out). Maybe it'll be a snow game and turn into the Maroney+Addai show, that would be some good football.

1999 at Chicago in November...12/204/0

2000 at Green bay in November...6/130/0

2001 at Green Bay in December....2/10/0

2002 at Green Bay in December....3/25/1

2003 at Chicago in December....9/93/1

2004 at Chicago in December...4/31/0

He wasn't that bad outside....3 good games, 2 bad, I'm pretty sure he was injured in the 2004 Bears game...anyway, these are all of his outside games in Nov,Dec vs Bears and Pack....while this is only a six game sample....looks like he did ok in the cold weather a few times.

If you look at this post...these are ALL of his games against NFC North opponents outside in Nov/Dec....not just the ones where he had a bad game. He did horrible in a few...but he also had some solid games as well.

I could care lesss about either team today, but the one thing I did notice is the Colts played good D and less then average offense and almost won that game.

Before this game I was begining to buy in to the belief that NE was the greatest football team ever and afterwards I realize that they have been way overhyped playing against crappy teams. It's like hyping USC as the greatest college team ever, pick a year, just because they beat teams like Duke by 50 points.

I think people aren't realizing how much it hurt Brady for it to be so loud in the dome and having to always to go on silent counts and how much it helps manning to have it quiet. not an excuse, it's just the truth and another advantage of playing in a dome. the patriots really overcame a lot to win this game

Game lived up to the hype. CBS has to be pleased. The Colts played very well, especially early. The Pats were lucky to only be down 3-0 after the first 2 drives for each team. The Pats first TD seemed to turn the tide and then Addai's TD was huge before the half. Changed the complexion of the game.

Pats came back late and made some key plays. I don't know that my heart could take many more of those situations, but that was essentially playoff football.

I could care lesss about either team today, but the one thing I did notice is the Colts played good D and less then average offense and almost won that game.

Before this game I was begining to buy in to the belief that NE was the greatest football team ever and afterwards I realize that they have been way overhyped playing against crappy teams. It's like hyping USC as the greatest college team ever, pick a year, just because they beat teams like Duke by 50 points.

After seeing this game, I really think the Steelers will be the team to knock off the Pats. They basically do everything Indy does on D but in a more effective way and their rushing attack will really come out and hit the Pats in the mouth. New England has some work to do on defense, and if anyone can ever cover Randy Moss, they're beatable.

Helluva team though. See you in the AFC title game.

I don't know about the best team ever...but I just saw a great game with the two of the best teams I have ever seen....Teams that will be remembered for a long time for how good they are regardless of controversy....Fun to watch after seeing Brett Favre a$$fock my Chiefs.

If you look at this post...these are ALL of his games against NFC North opponents outside in Nov/Dec....not just the ones where he had a bad game. He did horrible in a few...but he also had some solid games as well.

He did well in the November games and then played terrible in the December games. Anyone who lives or has lived in the Mid west will tell you that there is a big difference in the weather between November and December and January. It starts to get very cold and snows a lot more in December.

The Pats beat both the Refs and the Colts. Nice quality win. Its a shame the spread covering streak had to come to an end though.

He did well in the November games and then played terrible in the December games. Anyone who lives or has lived in the Mid west will tell you that there is a big difference in the weather between November and December and January. It starts to get very cold and snows a lot more in December.

He had a 9/93/1 in Chicago in the middle of December... :pointstosky:

Great game by two awesome teams. This whole rivalry reminds me of the 49ers/Cowboys of the early 90's. They are clearly the best two teams in football and it's sad they can't meet in a SB on a neutral site. As a Pats fan I'm stoked we won but the Colts are still our biggest stumbling block on the way to AZ. I have a feeling if and when we meet in the playoffs we can expect more of the same where a play or two here or there is the difference.

*Some real bad playcalling by the Pats for 3/4 of the game. It made no sense as they were going away from what they do best. It played right to the strength of the Indy D and was often predictable. Some of those playfakes by Brady were foolish as all they did was give a fast D line more time to get in the backfield as they weren't biting.

*The Pats D won the game today. It often wasn't pretty but they held Indy to 20 points at home and that's never easy. They kept the game close enough so that the O could get their head out of their butt and win it.

*Indy's D is much improved. They are real fast and have gotten a lot more physical.

*Some real clutch returns by Welker...this guy is earning every dollar the Pats gave him.

*This win was beyond huge. First of all it gets a monkey of the Pats back. If they lose that's four in a row with two in Indy and two in Foxboro. Now Indy has to come into Foxboro in January. They're talented enough to still win but it's a far bigger hill to climb than playing in a dome at home. Especially for a D built on speed.

*I'd be real surprised if the Pats lose a regular season game. I just don't see anyone being able to go 60 minutes with them.

*As a bonus to Patriot fans San Fran's ineptness continues with a loss to Atlanta and that trade looks better and better each week.

I didnt read the whole thread but did anyone else think the pass to Stallworth should have been challenged by Dungy. I know the refs ruled it a force out but Stallworth did not have control of the ball when he landed out of bounds which makes it an incompletion. Not a Pats or Colts fan and I had no interest in the game other than as a football fan.

He had a 9/93/1 in Chicago in the middle of December... :pointstosky:

Yeah your right 1 good game out of 4. The guy is terrible in the cold. Just like I said in another post, look at the games he played with the Raiders @Den etc.....terrible...

I didnt read the whole thread but did anyone else think the pass to Stallworth should have been challenged by Dungy. I know the refs ruled it a force out but Stallworth did not have control of the ball when he landed out of bounds which makes it an incompletion. Not a Pats or Colts fan and I had no interest in the game other than as a football fan.

I did not notice that he dropped the ball when he hit the ground. Are you sure? They can't rule on the force, but I would imagine that they could rule on the ball coming out when he hit the ground. :pointstosky:

Given the calls to that point, I don't know that the refs could have gone further towards the Colts for fear of alienating even the people that hate the Pats.

I did not notice that he dropped the ball when he hit the ground. Are you sure? They can't rule on the force, but I would imagine that they could rule on the ball coming out when he hit the ground. :pointstosky:

Given the calls to that point, I don't know that the refs could have gone further towards the Colts for fear of alienating even the people that hate the Pats.

He didnt drop the ball but he juggled the ball as he hit the ground

He didnt drop the ball but he juggled the ball as he hit the ground

I think that is okay. The issue would be if he was juggling as he was being hit or he dropped the ball. If the ball comes a little loose as he hits the ground but it does not hit the ground, then he is okay. I think :pointstosky:

I think that is okay. The issue would be if he was juggling as he was being hit or he dropped the ball. If the ball comes a little loose as he hits the ground but it does not hit the ground, then he is okay. I think :dunno:

The rule is he must maintain control all the way to the ground on any play out of bounds, force out or not.

The rule is he must maintain control all the way to the ground on any play out of bounds, force out or not.

Well, then according to the review on the play, I believe that he maintained control throughout. :dunno:

*Some real bad playcalling by the Pats for 3/4 of the game. It made no sense as they were going away from what they do best. It played right to the strength of the Indy D and was often predictable. Some of those playfakes by Brady were foolish as all they did was give a fast D line more time to get in the backfield as they weren't biting.

*The Pats D won the game today. It often wasn't pretty but they held Indy to 20 points at home and that's never easy. They kept the game close enough so that the O could get their head out of their butt and win it.

*Indy's D is much improved. They are real fast and have gotten a lot more physical.

*Some real clutch returns by Welker...this guy is earning every dollar the Pats gave him.

*This win was beyond huge. First of all it gets a monkey of the Pats back. If they lose that's four in a row with two in Indy and two in Foxboro. Now Indy has to come into Foxboro in January. They're talented enough to still win but it's a far bigger hill to climb than playing in a dome at home. Especially for a D built on speed.

*I'd be real surprised if the Pats lose a regular season game. I just don't see anyone being able to go 60 minutes with them.

*As a bonus to Patriot fans San Fran's ineptness continues with a loss to Atlanta and that trade looks better and better each week.

Patriots keep winning, 49ers (1st rounder) and Jets (Mangina) keep losing, life is good. :dunno:

Also, where is murf74 to talk about strength of schedule? Not including their losses to the Patriots, here are how some of their opponents have done:

Jets (1-7)

Chargers (4-3)

Bills (4-3)

Bengals (2-5)

Browns (5-2)

Cowboys (6-0)

Dolphins (0-7)

Redskins (5-2)

Colts (7-0)

The Jets, Bengals, and Dolphins are turds, okay. The remaining 6 teams range from respectable (Bills) to great (Colts).

I'm going to reiterate what a lot of the other Pats fans have said, the Colts defense impressed me. They gave up bombs to Moss and Stallworth during the Patriots' comeback, but it's hard to defend against those plays. Indy is fast as hell on both sides of the ball. The Patriots are the best right now, but the Colts showed that they are a close 2nd.

-I thought the officiating was horrendous. Pats overcame a lot to win this game.

-Brady/Moss = incredible.

-Manning didn't play very well.

-Addai...are you focking kidding me??? He was awesome.

This is a good assessment. Add Indy's D is pretty good and Brady put together 2 really good drives to win the game. The Colts did not lose the game, the Pats won it.

Well, then according to the review on the play, I believe that he maintained control throughout. :dunno:

There was no review. Dungy SHOULD HAVE challenged the play. That was an incomplete pass.

There was no review. Dungy SHOULD HAVE challenged the play. That was an incomplete pass.

Not according to my TV :lol:

I was joking with you. I did not see any juggle. I was celebrating and spilling my beer :dunno:

The refs sucked. Maybe they screwed that one up like they messed up about 4-5 other plays that went the Colts way. I did not see it that way and neither did the guys on TV. :thumbsdown:

It would have been a wasted review for Dungy. Stallworth held onto the ball the whole time. Plus he actually had his back heal tap off the turf despite being pushed out.

It was a good no review for Dungy.

It would have been a wasted review for Dungy. Stallworth held onto the ball the whole time. Plus he actually had his back heal tap off the turf despite being pushed out.

It was a good no review for Dungy.

I disagree, he bobbled the ball the whole way. It was a force out, but he never had control of that ball.

I agree, Dungy should have challenged that play and I was waiting for it and I was glad it didn't come.