Sign in to follow this  
ofiba

Dawson's kick.

The ball hit the left upright, bounced down and hit the BACK curved extension of the crossbar and took a wacky bounce OUT of the uprights. The refs ruled it no good. The Ravens went to the locker room. Then they reviewed it and determined it was good. Now heading to overtime!

:thumbsdown:

Was wondering what was going on w/ yahoo...

Now if CLE can pull it out they'll save my parlay. Gift from the gambling gods! :overhead:

Shocking!! I stopped watching thinking my browns blew it again and then I look at my ff team and B. Edwards is still playing!!

Gift from the gambling gods! :)

Curse from the gambling gods, as I have Baltimore on the money line. :pointstosky:

Shocking!! I stopped watching thinking my browns blew it again and then I look at my ff team and B. Edwards is still playing!!

I don't think you can call them "your browns" if you stopped watching the game before it was over. :pointstosky:

That was the final play of the game and I saw them say it was no good. I didn't see them go to review it.

I guess I can see that. If it was a Bills game, my remote probably would've gone through the TV at that point.

What a way to find out!!! Thats funny.

What a way to find out!!! Thats funny.

Yeah, I was all depressed because the browns blew another game and there I see Edwards still playing!! It's was going from one extreme emotion to another!!! I'm glad I have directv to watch most of the ot!!!

The instant replay equipment was malfunctioning earlier in the game so I don't know if they used it to review, but I'm sure it'll be on highlight reels for awhile.

Baltimore players and fans were furious... The stands were clearing and the Ravens were already in the locker room, someone had to go get them back onto the field.

It was one of those million to one freak haps that'll never happen again. Very crazy... :angry:

The instant replay equipment was malfunctioning earlier in the game so I don't know if they used it to review, but I'm sure it'll be on highlight reels for awhile.

Baltimore players and fans were furious... The stands were clearing and the Ravens were already in the locker room, someone had to go get them back onto the field.

It was one of those million to one freak haps that'll never happen again. Very crazy... :angry:

Got a link to the clip?????

The ball hit the left upright, bounced down and hit the BACK curved extension of the crossbar and took a wacky bounce OUT of the uprights. The refs ruled it no good. The Ravens went to the locker room. Then they reviewed it and determined it was good. Now heading to overtime!

It was a good kick. Hit the upright, then hit the bottom of the crossbar after it went through the uprights, then bounced back in front of the uprights.

The tools on CBS didn't even show the kick once in their halftime show. :wall: :cry:

The tools on CBS didn't even show the kick once in their halftime show. :wall: :cry:

Neither did FOX. B@stards!

I saw it shake down, and I rewound my DVR right away cause I thought it was fishy that the ball bounced straight up.

The refs were confused for about 5 seconds, and then called it no good.

I could clearly see on reply that it had hit the back bar that runs down to the ground (the support bar). I thought they may screw the browns, there was a lot of confusion on the field. Then the refDID go to the review box and did see that the ball hit the support bar and ruled it good.

It took a good couple minutes before it was even declared good and that the game would proceed into ot.

It was mishandled by the initial refs, I dont know how they couldnt tell it didnt bounce of the bottom bar on the upright, but instead the support bar which holds it. But in the end the play was ruled correctly.

Billick mentioned that he'd probably get a memo later this week. I'm guessin that he's referring to an apology

letter from the NFL because the officials reviewed an unreviewable play. The refs on the field got it wrong, but

that's no excuse to break the rules. Remember the Cleveland bottle throwing game? The head official used his

own judgement, broke the rules by calling the game with a minute left. The league forced them to go back out

there and finish it.

Just saw Costas discussing this....The refs whent to review & were told they would not have access to the video playback!!!!! They had to discuss the play amongst themselves & come to conclusion. They did it right......albeit a little unorthodox

I don't mean to flame...but is there anything sadder than a team that has a Kicker as their Captain!?!?! :overhead:

I don't mean to flame...but is there anything sadder than a team that has a Kicker as their Captain!?!?! <_<

a team has more than 1 captain..hes the captain of the special teams...

some teams like gb dont have a captain...

the way josh brown lit devin hester the fock up...hes earned being a captain also....hester was scared after that....