Sign in to follow this  
phenom

Brandon Jacobs out until week 14

The New York Post believes the Giants will be lucky to have Brandon Jacobs back for Week 14 against Philadelphia.

Beware of all the injury outlooks so soon after Sunday. The tests on Jacobs' hamstring haven't been revealed, but it looks like Jacobs is highly unlikely to play this week. It sounds like he may be week-to-week after that.

Source: New York Post

What's wrong with her?

Bruised labia.

The post has been wrong before, so don't jump off the bridge yet Jacobs owners, but atleast plan for a different option this week. IMO he is back in week 13.

That will put him right on schedule to get hurt again in the first round of the playoffs. :banana:

Guest _my_2_cents_
The New York Post believes the Giants will be lucky to have Brandon Jacobs back for Week 14 against Philadelphia.

Beware of all the injury outlooks so soon after Sunday. The tests on Jacobs' hamstring haven't been revealed, but it looks like Jacobs is highly unlikely to play this week. It sounds like he may be week-to-week after that.

Source: New York Post

NY Post is an unreliable source. If the tests aren't out, they don't know sh!t. HTH

What's the deal with Derrick Ward? Somebody already snatched up Droughns, and I need something. Anything.

I'm down to Priest Holmes as my only sure starting RB. :banana:

NY Post is an unreliable source. If the tests aren't out, they don't know sh!t. HTH

BINGO!

If the tests haven't been revealed, then anything the Post has to say is 100% pure speculation based on absolutely nothing.

But hey, at least they filled some print space right? Made up news it better than no news.

Guest _my_2_cents_
BINGO!

If the tests haven't been revealed, then anything the Post has to say is 100% pure speculation based on absolutely nothing.

But hey, at least they filled some print space right? Made up news it better than no news.

Now, that said, week 14 is in 2 weeks. It's probably pretty good speculation that a hamstring injury bad enough to need to be helped off the field and go in for MRIs would take 2 weeks to heal, so I wouldn't be shocked. But sometimes injuries aren't as bad as they initially appear - I've seen guys carted off the field and taken to the hospital only to start the next week (like that drama queen ocho cinco) - and I've seen guys take a seemingly nothing hit and be out for the year.

Wait & see. I doubt he plays this week.

As for Ward, I just read that he might be back this week, so RBBC beware.

BINGO!

Yeah what a joke they are.

I want to be a journalist.. I wouldn't be held accountable for anything. I can just thrown in some "maybe" and "possibly" and I would be good to go.

As for Ward, I just read that he might be back this week, so RBBC beware.

Just curious - where did you see that?

I've been stashing Ward on my bench in both leagues that I have Jacobs... But now when I need him - he's not healthy.

I need some kind of points.. I hope he can play.

I want to be a journalist.. I wouldn't be held accountable for anything. I can just thrown in some "maybe" and "possibly" and I would be good to go.

Somewhat sad to say, but law school will make you even more of a critic of the use of words. You know preciseness of using different words like could, should, shall, maybe, possibly, and all of the rest of the qualifiers. You then tend to project that precise use to others and they don't always follow those rules. Makes you wary of soooo much! I tend to look for for those loophole words and harp on them far too much. I see the word "possibly" and I read all that follows as "possibly" total crap.

By the way, GEAUX TIGERS!

Beat that Nutt into the ground.

The post has been wrong before, so don't jump off the bridge yet Jacobs owners, but atleast plan for a different option this week. IMO he is back in week 13.

did you get that opinion from talking to Jacobs or something? or is he on your team and you need him back for week 13 because you don't have Ward or Drougns?? :rolleyes:

Anyways here's the latest of Ward:

There are conflicting reports regarding Derrick Ward's status for Week 11. The Newark Star-Ledger believes he will play

Ward has reportedly been green-lit to return to practice with his teammates this week. With Brandon Jacobs hurt, Ward is worth a look in all leagues that he was dropped. He'd probably start over Reuben Droughns if he's healthy enough. It sounds like Jacobs is less likely to play than Ward.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Guest _my_2_cents_
Just curious - where did you see that?

I've been stashing Ward on my bench in both leagues that I have Jacobs... But now when I need him - he's not healthy.

I need some kind of points.. I hope he can play.

Sportsline had a reference from some paper.

Guest _my_2_cents_

This topic would be better served with a "maybe" or "possibly" in the headline. :lol:

Giants' remaining schedule has some brutal matchups whoever they start at RB.

Since that Thelma Young serious injury turned out to be nothing and Andre Hall has little or no value yet, I'll take a flyer on Ward.

did you get that opinion from talking to Jacobs or something? or is he on your team and you need him back for week 13 because you don't have Ward or Drougns?? :doublethumbsup:

What the fock are you talking about?

You're the one that posted this bogus topic, then you try to bash the guy for saying that the Post has been wrong before?

What a joke.

Great thread title, btw. :thumbsdown:

oh no, an improper thread title?? what did you say? I left out the "possibly"??? oh my gosh stop what your doing, and criticize. Haha you guys are funny man. This thread probably ruined your day didn't it? go get some pu$$ey or something for crying out loud. than maybe a freaking thread title might not be the center of your life. LOL

oh and FWIW I'd be more than willing to bet any of you that Jacobs will be out until week 14 AT LEAST.

oh no, an improper thread title?? what did you say? I left out the "possibly"??? oh my gosh stop what your doing, and criticize. Haha you guys are funny man. This thread probably ruined your day didn't it? go get some pu$$ey or something for crying out loud. than maybe a freaking thread title might not be the center of your life. LOL

oh and FWIW I'd be more than willing to bet any of you that Jacobs will be out until week 14 AT LEAST.

I bet you get alot of "pussey" - considering you don't even know how to spell it.

Don't you have pre-algebra homework to do?

What's the deal with Derrick Ward? Somebody already snatched up Droughns, and I need something. Anything.

I'm down to Priest Holmes as my only sure starting RB. :music_guitarred:

Ouch, I feel for ya man. I thought I had it bad with Selvin and Brenda. :thumbsdown:

Not to pile on, but the Padre may potentially have a career-ending neck injury. Pick up Kolby Smith if you can.

By the way, GEAUX TIGERS!

Beat that Nutt into the ground.

:music_guitarred:

I'm not going to lie - McFadden worries me a little bit this week. But, there is no way that LSU isn't up for this game. We always show up for the Arkansas game every year.

So with them going for a national championship and going against the most dynamic RB in the NCAA - I don't see how we don't come in a make a serious statement.

It's really exciting. The best part is, is that if we make it to the National Championship - it will be some serious home field advantage in New Orleans. It's weird, just like in '03 when we made it - we have a shot again 4 years later just when it's the Sugar Bowl's turn for the national championship game.

I'm sure Les Miles is gone.. But I don't blame him. It's his dream job, I can completely understand if he walks away.

How long did they say Eli was going to be out when he had a shoulder injury? 4 weeks? How many games did he miss?

Now, I dont have any inside info on this topic, but the point is that maybe we should wait for some more info before we jump the gun.

I'm down to Priest Holmes as my only sure starting RB. :music_guitarred:

T&P

Guest _my_2_cents_
I'm down to Priest Holmes as my only sure starting RB. :cheers:

:overhead:

sorry, but crassic.

Don't suppose you've seen the news today about Padre? :doublethumbsup:

not good

;)

sorry, but crassic.

Don't suppose you've seen the news today about Padre? :ninja:

not good

Has priest been ruled OUT yet?

He's been ruled as unable to walk or lucky he isn't freakin paralyzed.

I'd put him as "doubtful" :ninja:

Seriously though, focked up his neck again. He could be done for good.

I bet you get alot of "pussey" - considering you don't even know how to spell it.

Don't you have pre-algebra homework to do?

see this is what I'm talking about. little children like you make this site less than enjoyable. By all means don't forget a word in a title, or heaven forbid make a spelling error in your post. first of all you wouldn't talk to me like that if you weren't using your keyboard to do so. Second of all you probably look like John Clayton so the chances of you actually leaving the house period are slim to none. keep trolling guy. you lead a life to be desired by all.

PS I heard their coming out with some new smilies pretty soon. Try not to let your excitement force you to lose any sleep........cute little fella

see this is what I'm talking about. little children like you make this site less than enjoyable. By all means don't forget a word in a title, or heaven forbid make a spelling error in your post. first of all you wouldn't talk to me like that if you weren't using your keyboard to do so. Second of all you probably look like John Clayton so the chances of you actually leaving the house period are slim to none. keep trolling guy. you lead a life to be desired by all.

PS I heard their coming out with some new smilies pretty soon. Try not to let your excitement force you to lose any sleep........cute little fella

It's not important, and I'm definitely not gonna play grammar police, but I just thought I'd give ya a heads up before someone else does. :ninja:

(they're)

Really? New smilies. ;)

:ninja:

Really? New smilies. :wub:

:ninja:

:lol:

you're downright tolerable in threads not involving the Patriots. ;)

someone buy this man a beer :cheers:

:cheers:

you're downright tolerable in threads not involving the Patriots. :ninja:

someone buy this man a beer ;)

I am even good in most of the Patriots threads. I usually avoid them. Of course, there are 1,302 of them so I can't avoid all of them :wub:

Guest _my_2_cents_

uh, I think it's pretty safe to say he's done for the year. The words "re-injured" and "spine" are not what you want to hear about a guy who got knocked out of the game due to a spinal injury.