Sign in to follow this  
neworleansff2003

is sperm edwards retarded?

did he really just not attempt a field goal to tie? 4th and 1 at the OAK 23 and he goes for it, down 20, 17.

LOL..

he wont make it out of arrowhead alive if they lose this game.

did he really just not attempt a field goal to tie? 4th and 1 at the OAK 23 and he goes for it, down 20, 17.

LOL..

he wont make it out of arrowhead alive if they lose this game.

I just thinking the same thing. How in the world do you not at least try to kick the game-tying FG in that situation????

"You play to win the game.... You play to win the game."

Great words from a guy that doesn't win very often huh?

and they lose, LOL :wall:

that is grounds for the HUnt family to fire him tonight.

Well, they certainly didn't do anything to stop the Raiduz on that last possession to get the ball back, but that absolutely had to be the most retarded play call that I've seen all year. Totally ignorant.

I'm happy, though, 'cuz I started Fargas today and he picked up some excellent yardage sealing the deal... :angry:

OMG. I didn't see this, but this is bad even for Herm. As a jets fan I have endured many of his idiotic time management issues, as well as his taking a knee in Pitt in december to lose 3 yards to make a 44 yard fg a 47 yarder, one that has never been made at heinz during december or some crap like that, but this takes the cake! Classic herm. He probably will give the speech of his life in a press conference tomorrow, and end up getting a raise or something. An orator he is, a great one at that. Coach, not so much...

"You play to win the game.... You play to win the game."

Great words from a guy that doesn't win very often huh?

In Herm's defense, he has never had a half way decent starting QB on any team he has been the head coach of. We have no idea what he could do with a good quality starting QB on his roster? :thumbsdown:

In Herm's defense, he has never had a half way decent starting QB on any team he has been the head coach of. We have no idea what he could do with a good quality starting QB on his roster? :thumbsdown:

not sure what this has to do with the situation at hand. Herm is a master orator and can make his own excuses, please don't make any for him. I have never coached a minute of football in my life, but I know 100 out of 100 times you kick that fg in that situation down by 3. Even if you have priest in his prime, you kick that FG. That is a no brainer. I will wait till tomorrow for the consensus to see if there were any external cirmcumstances that lead him not to, though I can't think of anything that would cause you to go for it. Unless you are 1-11 and trying to play spoiler. Classic Herm...

I think it is funny that he is employed. Didn't the Chiefs have to give up a draft pick or two to get him? :lol:

In Herm's defense, he has never had a half way decent starting QB on any team he has been the head coach of. We have no idea what he could do with a good quality starting QB on his roster? :lol:

There is no defense for this RETARD of a head coach.

He obviously was banking that Culpepper wouldn't take a knee after the last first down....and would then attempt a handoff and drop the ball allowing one of his def players to scoop up the ball and run it into the endzone as time expires......a guy could get alot of mileage out of a play like that he might even parlay it into a coaching gig :lol:

He obviously was banking that Culpepper wouldn't take a knee after the last first down....and would then attempt a handoff and drop the ball allowing one of his def players to scoop up the ball and run it into the endzone as time expires......a guy could get alot of mileage out of a play like that he might even parlay it into a coaching gig :lol:

haha. well played. I want to hear chm chime in on this un...

Kansas City's Field Goal Kicker Dave Rayner had already missed TWO Field Goal attempts in this game from a similar distance. The Chiefs were running the ball at will all day (150 yards for Kolby Smith) and it was 4th and only a yard. I'd say the odds of getting the 1st down were as good or better than making a field goal. Raiders Defense had a great surge filling the gap and making the tackle.

Kansas City's Field Goal Kicker Dave Rayner had already missed TWO Field Goal attempts in this game from a similar distance. The Chiefs were running the ball at will all day (150 yards for Kolby Smith) and it was 4th and only a yard. I'd say the odds of getting the 1st down were as good or better than making a field goal. Raiders Defense had a great surge filling the gap and making the tackle.

NO, you are at home, still in the playoff chase, you have a good defense and your offense is moving the ball effectively. You tie the game, make your stop and try to score or take it into OT. And if you have no faith in your kicker get the hell rid of him! And Herm will not be fired, Kind Carl would never fire Herm, I think he's playing for a better draft pick!

u are a pot-bellied idiot.

it was a very long yard (not inches).

oakland had 11 (ELEVEN) in the box

it was a 39 yard field goal at home.

There is no excuse, kickers miss all the time, if there was 10 minutes left, sure, go for it, but it was their LAST POSSESSION! (ok, so what if the defense would have stopped OAK, they still have to focking drive down the field and kick a focking field goal, lol)

you are so stupid that you should consider a vow of silence for 10 years to find yourself.

There is no excuse, kickers miss all the time, if there was 10 minutes left, sure, go for it, but it was their LAST POSSESSION! (ok, so what if the defense would have stopped OAK, they still have to focking drive down the field and kick a focking field goal, lol)

you are so stupid that you should consider a vow of silence for 10 years to find yourself.

There were 4 1/2 minutes left so it was not their last possession. If it was around 2 minutes I think they might have ATTEMPTED the field goal. You can call me names, but all I did was post the reality of the situation. Sorry it got your panties in a bunch. I don't think it would have been likely for him to make a field goal of that distance based on how he was kicking today and neither did Herm Edwards.

I think it is funny that he is employed. Didn't the Chiefs have to give up a draft pick or two to get him? :thumbsdown:

They gave up a 4th rder. The Jets used the pick to draft Leon Washington

:shocking:

This sums it up right here. I watched the whole game (cuz I'm a HUGE Raiders fan).

As a couch-potato-coach, I wondered why Herm didn't give his kicker one final chance to prove himself in that situation but then I again, why not go for it if your running game has been tremendous and your kicker kicks like a toddler learning for the first time. Kolby Smith and the KC o-line handled and ran all over the Raiders all day. The QB and DEF did just enough to help KC stay in the game. The kicker was terrible and missed 2 key FGs. Give Herm a break. If he would have gone for it and made it, then this thread would have never existed and you all would have been praising him for being a Herm-Genious!

:rolleyes:

GO RAIDERS!! :(

I think Herm is a great leader. He inspires. I'm not very active these days, but when I'm home drinking it up and I hear him speak, I get fired up to do a better job. So, when I go to the can I make it a point to get less piss on the toilet seat than I normally do. Piss.

There were 4 1/2 minutes left so it was not their last possession. If it was around 2 minutes I think they might have ATTEMPTED the field goal. You can call me names, but all I did was post the reality of the situation. Sorry it got your panties in a bunch. I don't think it would have been likely for him to make a field goal of that distance based on how he was kicking today and neither did Herm Edwards.

dude, this is terrible logic. So what you are saying is that herm should never kick a fg again because he can't trust his kicker?!? Or maybe you're saying 39 or more he won't kick it. Or maybe if its 4th and 1 from 39 or more out he wont?!? See the point I'm making?!? If you don't, it is this. You can create scenarios that fit the decision, but the bottom line is that you kick the FG at that point. Even if your kicker has missed the last 5. Unless your kicker is hurt and the 3rd string QB or someone is kicking, you kick it there. The fqact that they were still in a playoff hunt makes this situation that much worse. If miami or the jets did this, no one would blink. Furthermore, this is one in a long string of coaching blunders by herm. I'm really intrigued what the local media is saying about this. What happened to chm1999?!? His FF teams must have fell off, haven't heard him proclaiming the cheifs as the best thing since sliced bread in a while...

Herm Edwards blows. Dave Rayner blows. The Chiefs blow. I like how the Chiefs wasted two timeouts before the 4th down play, one challenging the spot, and another because they are idiots, and then allowed the Raiders to run 4:22 off the clock, because they blow.

If Herm had them kick the FG, and Rayner actually managed to make it (which is a stretch, AND he's KC's second kicker this year by the way), then what? Most of the same people in this thread would be foaming at the mouth, talking about how Herm has no balls to go for it on 4th and 1 when your RB had 150+ yds already, and the FG kicker sucks.

I'll tell you right now, it's not the 4th down call that bothered me at all. I liked the call to go for it, was just piss poor execution. What angered me was the fact that Herm called a timeout on the play before that, then challenged the spot of the ball and lost. He lost TWO timeouts before calling the 4th down play. THAT is what was inexcusable...the rest I can deal with.

Even worse than that...it's the same thing Romeo Crennell did last week I believe. That is just stupid. Either challenge it, or don't...but don't waste a second timeout trying to figure out if you should.

In a word: YES, he is retarded

He's not a good coach, nor is he a quality leader, as a Big Chief Fan, I cringed when he took over the helm of my beloved chiefs, he will destroy this team the same way he destroyed the Jets, with bad clock management, low confidence, bad talent assessment, and just overall dumb ######.

He needs to be placed in the job he had in the NFL shop commercial, He sounded convincing and I don't think he can handle anything harder than that..." Jerseys ..GO!!!, Crocs....GO!!!

Herm Edwards *had* to do this after the failed 4th-and-1 on Sunday:

Chiefs sign Carney to replace Rayner

November 27, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday signed free agent placekicker John Carney to replace the inconsistent Dave Rayner.

During a 20-year NFL career, Carney has played in 269 games with Tampa Bay, the Los Angeles Rams, San Diego, New Orleans and Jacksonville.

He appeared in eight games this season with the Jaguars, filling in for an injured Josh Scobee, and was 9-of-11 on field goals.

Herm Edwards *had* to do this after the failed 4th-and-1 on Sunday:

Chiefs sign Carney to replace Rayner

November 27, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday signed free agent placekicker John Carney to replace the inconsistent Dave Rayner.

During a 20-year NFL career, Carney has played in 269 games with Tampa Bay, the Los Angeles Rams, San Diego, New Orleans and Jacksonville.

He appeared in eight games this season with the Jaguars, filling in for an injured Josh Scobee, and was 9-of-11 on field goals.

Great move, replace a kicker with no accuracy with a dinosaur with no leg strength to miss the same kicks.

Freaking brilliant.

What, Morten Anderson doesn't want to come back to KC.

Old kickers...old QB's....old coaches......no Super Bowls. <---- Chiefs business plan

Chiefs suck!

simply put if he were this bad and a white guy he would be looking for a job.