Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

The Wire

I'm sure it's been discussed plenty on here, but this show is focking excellent. Just finished watching the last two episodes of season 3 On Demand, can't wait for Season 4 to be replayed next month.

Excellent acting and writing. I don't feel as attached to the characters as I did with The Sopranos, but I think The Wire is a slightly better overall show.

GREAT show. :huh: I believe the On Demand for Season 4 begins December 4th? Roughly that date. Season 4, as great as the other season were, may have even been their best season. The 5th and final season starts in January. I can’t wait. :bench:

It is one of my favorite shows ever.

Great, great show.

I'm currently re-watching all of the seasons, I've watched seasons 1 and 2 over the past couple weeks, I'll be watching Season 3 shortly.

Season 4 was really great, although I was sad to see Bodie and Stringer Bell get killed - they were really good characters.

I can't wait for Season 5 - I'm really interested to see what the Marlo Stanfield crew has in store for everyone. Also wondering if any of the Barksdale crew will be able to get out of jail to compete..

Great stuff.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it Oooooouuuuttt!!!

It is one of my favorite shows ever.

Great, great show.

I'm currently re-watching all of the seasons, I've watched seasons 1 and 2 over the past couple weeks, I'll be watching Season 3 shortly.

Season 4 was really great, although I was sad to see Bodie and Stringer Bell get killed - they were really good characters.

I can't wait for Season 5 - I'm really interested to see what the Marlo Stanfield crew has in store for everyone. Also wondering if any of the Barksdale crew will be able to get out of jail to compete..

Great stuff.

What the fock? Obviously, there are people who haven't seen season 4 and you go and say some stupid sh1t. Stringer Bell died in season 3, and now thanks to you i know bodie dies in season 4. ######.

What the fock? Obviously, there are people who haven't seen season 4 and you go and say some stupid sh1t. Stringer Bell died in season 3, and now thanks to you i know bodie dies in season 4. ######.

This thread is about THE WIRE - If you haven't seen all of them - then DON'T read the focking thread.

Really focking simple.

You want me to spoil some more of it for you?

Bodie and Omar have actually been lovers the whole time. Bodie ends up cheating on Omar with some chick.. Omar goes into a blind ghey rage - he raped Bodie, ripped his a$$ apart until he lost too much blood and dies.

Bodie then finds out if there is really a heaven for a gangster.

*Spoilers*

I knew about Bell dying (by the way, his execution was an excellent scene) but didn't know about Bodie. I figured he'd get killed or end up in the pen anyways, like everybody else in his crew.

I really hope that isn't how he died.

*Spoilers*

I knew about Bell dying (by the way, his execution was an excellent scene) but didn't know about Bodie. I figured he'd get killed or end up in the pen anyways, like everybody else in his crew.

I really hope that isn't how he died.

Don't worry about the knuckleheads in this thread. Regardless of what happens to Bodie as you know the cast is such a great ensemble there are so many great subplots to follow.

As per your comments about not being as attached to the characters as you were with The Sopranos - wait till you watch season 4.

Don't worry about the knuckleheads in this thread. Regardless of what happens to Bodie as you know the cast is such a great ensemble there are so many great subplots to follow.

As per your comments about not being as attached to the characters as you were with The Sopranos - wait till you watch season 4.

Agreed. There were a ton of OH SH!T!! Moments in season 3.

Yeah, there are several homosexual characters on the show.

Really?

Mebbe i'll start watching it B)

This thread is about THE WIRE - If you haven't seen all of them - then DON'T read the focking thread.

Really focking simple.

You want me to spoil some more of it for you?

Bodie and Omar have actually been lovers the whole time. Bodie ends up cheating on Omar with some chick.. Omar goes into a blind ghey rage - he raped Bodie, ripped his a$$ apart until he lost too much blood and dies.

Bodie then finds out if there is really a heaven for a gangster.

I have seen them all, but it is still pretty ignorant to not mention spoilers in the title.

Smarten up, dummy. :shocking:

I just got through watching the epsode where Stringer tells barksdale that he had his nephew killed. Is that why he ends up getting killed? I know it looked as though they had differing "management" styles.

I love the wire. I wish I had on demand with the dish.

I just got through watching the epsode where Stringer tells barksdale that he had his nephew killed. Is that why he ends up getting killed? I know it looked as though they had differing "management" styles.

*spoilers*

If you REALLY want to know..........

No

Anyone catch the Season 5 premiere last night?

Shaping up to be a good season so far. Good to see McNulty hittin the Jameson again.

Looking forward to next week's episode after seeing the previews.

Seeing Marlo show up at the jail looking for Sergei, only have have Avon show up... :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :ninja:

Just started watching this show on Friday.

About 2/3 of the way through season 1

The Wire is one of the best shows on TV right now.

And if you know any black guys from Baltimore you know that they talk just like that.

The Wire is one of the best shows on TV right now.

And if you know any black guys from Baltimore you know that talk just like that.

Most Def

I think that was the beginning of the end for Stringer.

Even though that might not have been exactly why Stringer got killed, it did start off a bad chain of events.

Looks like McNulty is up to his old tricks!

HBO @ 9PM (EST)

Will a fed up McNulty decide to take matters into his own hands? Plus, Marlo takes care of unfinished business.

I heard alot about the show so I started on season one earlier this year. To me it seemed to start alittle slow, but once they got the wire and pager taps it really seemd to take off. I'm waiting for disk 1 season 2 to arrive.

great show

It did start a little slow but it allowed time for you to develop a connection with them.

here comes Omar

:doublethumbsup:

1st 3 episodes of the new season are a bit slow but its setting up real nice

here comes Omar

:pointstosky:

1st 3 episodes of the new season are a bit slow but its setting up real nice

:thumbsup:

I was suprised lester thought jimmys idea of a serial killer in WB was good. I am betting that jimmy is going to plant the red bracelet on a more high profile murder. Someone who IS "a white upperclass" type that just happens to die or i actually murdered.

I was suprised lester thought jimmys idea of a serial killer in WB was good. I am betting that jimmy is going to plant the red bracelet on a more high profile murder. Someone who IS "a white upperclass" type that just happens to die or i actually murdered.

I agree. When I first saw him do it two episodes ago, I thought it was dumb. Now I think it might be an OK storyline.

It is great to see Omar back.

The scene with McNulty banging the chick on the car and he flashes his badge is priceless. :rolleyes:

I agree. When I first saw him do it two episodes ago, I thought it was dumb. Now I think it might be an OK storyline.

It is great to see Omar back.

The scene with McNulty banging the chick on the car and he flashes his badge is priceless. :rolleyes:

of course he is going to get in lots of trouble when it comes out, and it will.

Im not sure I like Omar. I was kinda hoping when he was walking up the hill that marlo would just happen to run across him and smoke him. Seeing as that did not happen it looks like its going to be on between marlow and Omar.

The On-Demand Wire is a week ahead. If you guys haven't seen that one yet, you're in for a treat.

Another good one. Joe getting killed suprised me.

Yep. Didn't see that one coming. :shocking:

I guess that was what nobody was referring to. Marlo sure is fockin around with a lot of peeps.

Kenard setting up Det. Colicchio with the shite in the bag :shocking:

I guess that was what nobody was referring to. Marlo sure is fockin around with a lot of peeps.

It looks to me like they are setting it up so that Marlo consolidates the whole city of Baltimore under his control.

It looks to me like they are setting it up so that Marlo consolidates the whole city of Baltimore under his control.

I think Marlo will try to make it look like Omar shot Joe.

I think Marlo will try to make it look like Omar shot Joe.

that would be a good plan but Marlo is arrogant and doesn’t even try to use strategy like that. He’s more for taking the credit and scaring everyone else.

i'm disappointed they took out Joe, at least this early. i was hoping he'd be around longer into the season.

i guess Marlo's done with the Co-Op. he gave up that other guy to Cheese too. so its now Marlo vs everyone else, including Omar.

I was thinking that Marlow would end up taking over the co-op once the war with omar is done.