Sign in to follow this  
ff07

Romo is NFC East's new biggest choker

At least McNabb could carry his team to have a shot at a Super Bowl

Romo has what, 13 Pro Bowlers and he can't get it done?? :pointstosky:

Romo has what, 13 Pro Bowlers and he can't get it done?? :pointstosky:

Romo is gonna be tabbed the "new Peyton Manning".

The Cowboys were out of synch the last month of the regular season. It carried over into yesterday's game.

I wouldn't say Romo choked yesterday per se. He played about like he's been playing now since November. The offensive line couldn't keep the Giants off him and yes, he did make some poor throws. His receivers also didn't play all that well.

It was a team loss.

The Cowboys were out of synch the last month of the regular season. It carried over into yesterday's game.

I wouldn't say Romo choked yesterday per se. He played about like he's been playing now since November. The offensive line couldn't keep the Giants off him and yes, he did make some poor throws. His receivers also didn't play all that well.

It was a team loss.

He did choke as did the rest of the team. Taking those two horrible sacks while out of the pocket and then the grounding penalty while in the pocket is choking. The o-line and Crayton choked pretty hard as well.

Dumb..

Romo didn't choke yesterday he played decent not great but good enough to win, they stopped trying to runt he ball and took a bunch of penalties, along with Crayton blowing the game himself by dropping one potential TD, and stopping his route short on another.

Dumb..

Romo didn't choke yesterday he played decent not great but good enough to win, they stopped trying to runt he ball and took a bunch of penalties, along with Crayton blowing the game himself by dropping one potential TD, and stopping his route short on another.

The QB of the ONLY NFC team to lose as the #1 seed in the divisional playoffs that took 2 horrible sacks and 1 horrible penalty at the exact wrong time in the game choked. Those 3 plays are the definiton of chokng...he panicked during all 3 plays. Sure, blame the #3 WR for losing the game for you...good one.

The QB of the ONLY NFC team to lose as the #1 seed in the divisional playoffs that took 2 horrible sacks and 1 horrible penalty at the exact wrong time in the game choked. Those 3 plays are the definiton of chokng...he panicked during all 3 plays. Sure, blame the #3 WR for losing the game for you...good one.

:mellow:

If Crayton hadn't dropped that catch on 3rd and 13, Cowboy fans might have been rejoicing about Romo's ability to elude a pass rush and deliver an on-target pass. He's a very good QB, and Dallas is lucky to have him, in my opinion.

He also made a clutch improv play to Witten to keep the drive going. His linemen kept gettting false start penalties, though, which killed momentum. Not sure who's fault that was. Like I said, the whole team looked out of synch.

I don't like the Cowboys. At all. I am a Steelers fan first and foremost. But, I also try to look at games objectively without the hate and biases and I don't think Romo was the deciding factor in that game. The Giants just seemed like the better, more in synch team when it mattered most.

I suppose the bottom line is, in a weekend with absolutely spectacular QB play, by both winners and losers, Romo ranked dead last out of the 8 playing.

I suppose the bottom line is, in a weekend with absolutely spectacular QB play, by both winners and losers, Romo ranked dead last out of the 8 playing.

That's a decent point. I think Hasselbeck's play was on par with Romo's, though. They were both pretty average.

If Crayton hadn't dropped that catch on 3rd and 13, Cowboy fans might have been rejoicing about Romo's ability to elude a pass rush and deliver an on-target pass. He's a very good QB, and Dallas is lucky to have him, in my opinion.

I don't dispute that. But, like McNabb in the SB he choked.

That's a decent point. I think Hasselbeck's play was on par with Romo's, though. They were both pretty average.
I only give Hasselbeck the nod because of playing on the road, in poor conditions against a supposedly superior team.

I don't dispute that. But, like McNabb in the SB he choked.

I'm actually an Eagles fan, and I started this thread more as an "all in good fun" joke because we've been hearing it about McNabb for the last several years.

Romo is a good quarterback. But he is now also a choker

I'm actually an Eagles fan, and I started this thread more as an "all in good fun" joke because we've been hearing it about McNabb for the last several years.

Romo is a good quarterback. But he is now also a choker

Yup, me too. It's all good.

Romo has what, 13 Pro Bowlers and he can't get it done?? :overhead:

Didn't McNabb lose 3 straight times in the NFC championship? :rolleyes:

Didn't McNabb lose 3 straight times in the NFC championship? :cheers:

And Romo has lost 2 straight first round playoff games. I know Dallas fans are in denial but look at Romo's stats in December and the play offs the last two years, this is a 10 game span and a trend. You can't have it both ways saying Romo is a great QB and is not a product of the talent around him and then when he chokes blame it on the team. Which one is it?

Didn't McNabb lose 3 straight times in the NFC championship? :mad:

big difference between that and losing in 1st round 2 years in a row.

:cheers:

Romo has what, 13 Pro Bowlers and he can't get it done?? :cheers:

granted Romo had a shot at the end. but that loss isn't on Romo, and if you think it is, you didn't watch the game.

we'll see what mknee and the eagles do next year. my prediction is last in the NFC East again. Romo take another step forward next season.

And Romo has lost 2 straight first round playoff games. I know Dallas fans are in denial but look at Romo's stats in December and the play offs the last two years, this is a 10 game span and a trend. You can't have it both ways saying Romo is a great QB and is not a product of the talent around him and then when he chokes blame it on the team. Which one is it?

he hasn't played well. but yesterday some of his teammates lost the game for the Cowboys. i.e. patrick fuccking crayton. :cheers:

Romo and McNabb are both top tier NFL quarterbacks. Seems pretty juvenile to pull out the "choker" tag on either of them.

Romo and McNabb are both top tier NFL quarterbacks. Seems pretty juvenile to pull out the "choker" tag on either of them.

juvenile? if NFC east teams can't act juvenile after wins and losses what's the point?

With Owens.

The 49ers also won a freak game, worst non-call ever ... Garcia to Owens ... beat the Giants on that weird FG pass play. The Niners got crushed the next week. Had no business being there.

That's what makes this SO SATISFYING! Owens has been a Giant killer. The most physically skilled WR in the NFL, IMHO .... but he's looney tunes!

:mad:

he hasn't played well. but yesterday some of his teammates lost the game for the Cowboys. i.e. patrick fuccking crayton. :cheers:

Yeah, your #3 WR and #4 option in the passing game lost the game for you. Good grief will the excuses never stop?! The whole team choked and Romo is the leader of your team. The QBs get the good and bad, deal with it.

juvenile? if NFC east teams can't act juvenile after wins and losses what's the point?

No one said you couldn't or shouldn't. Just calling a spade a spade. :cheers:

Pretty tough to apply the choke tag to a sucky QB, so...

I don't think he choked so much as he came down to earth a little bit. He's good, but he's not Manning/Brady/Favre good yet, perhaps.

He sure did! And I and many Eagles fans like me gave him a hard time for it, but still recognized him as an elite QB. McNabb sure didn't have TO, Witten, Barber, and co. during the times he lost those NFC championship games though.

I can now laugh at the times he puked on the field. Maybe some day you'll be able to laugh off Romo's bobbled field goal snap and perhaps the dumbest intentional grounding penalty in playoff history.

Good QB, but now a choker

Pretty tough to apply the choke tag to a sucky QB, so...

My point is that the "choke tag" as you call it is being applied to every game and every situation nowadays. There have been true "chokes" in sports, but just because a player is on a losing team does not constitute "choking". It used to be a tag we applied to unquestionable acts of panic, anxiety, or fear in the face of a challenge. Now, it's applied too readily and stupidly, quite frankly. I didn't see anybody truly "choke" in any of the games over the weekend. I saw some mistakes made...but it's all part of the game.

Sometimes, players do indeed come up small when the moment is big, but I don't think Romo fits that. He was coming back to earth this season long before yesterday.

Screw the overrated Cowboys and their overhyped QB. Ellis shouldn't have been comeback player of the year, they didn't deserve to have anywhere close to as many Pro Bowlers as they had, and Romo doesn't deserve half the fame and exposure he has gotten. Hell, he couldn't even be a good fantasy player when it really counted.

The Giants exposed them as the frauds they are, I don't want to hear Tony Homo's name or see him in any more gay commercials until he can actually win a damn playoff game.

granted Romo had a shot at the end. but that loss isn't on Romo, and if you think it is, you didn't watch the game.

LISTEN! Romo didn't lose that game, that is not the point. The point is Romo didn't win that game! He had two shots at is and couldn't produce. Great winning QBs win that game.

To me Romo reminds me of Don Majkowski the former GB QB. He was the "Magic Man" but in reality could not take the team to the next level and we all know what happened to him.

we'll see what mknee and the eagles do next year. my prediction is last in the NFC East again. Romo take another step forward next season.

Well its hard to stay on top any longer....the Eagles controled that Div. for a while.

The Cowboys were bad for a while.

I personally think Romo is a tad overated, he didn't lose the game for them by himself, but he did choke and didn't make the plays that had to be made.

PS: does anyone recall that time he rolled out yesturday to the right, he was pressured but had a wide open I think #18 running straight down field and he never threw it?

during the times he lost those NFC championship games though...

And, here's the fallacy. Football isn't an individual sport. McNabb and 51 other guys lost those games. SportsCenter and ESPN perpetuate this nonsense. They said that Peyton Manning dropped to 7-7 yesterday in postseason play. Ridiculous.

Football is not tennis. Individual players don't go head to head with other individual players. Those who make statements like they do have drunk the media-driven kool-aid. Football is a team game. You can't take one player and assign a postseason record to him like he is competing in an individual, head-to-head sport. It's just stupid.

Football is systemic. Period.

he hasn't played well. but yesterday some of his teammates lost the game for the Cowboys. i.e. patrick fuccking crayton. :dunno:

How does Patrick Crayton lose the game for you?

Thats like me being a Packers fan saying James Jones lost the game for them?.....The Off. as a whole lost the game for them, that includes Romo. Say what you want but he played terrible. How about that terrible pass, supposedly to TO, about 10 yards behind him and looked more like a punt than a pass? Taking Sacks at the end? Grounding? Missing wide open guys. You can blame a loss on the 3rd WR all you want but overall I want more than 17 points in a playoff game from a team that was basically great on Off. the whole year, I think 2nd behind that Pats. Romo had like 36 TD passes. And they put up 17.

Romo didn't lose that game by himself, BUT, he was playing on the more talented team with 12 or 13 "Pro Bowlers" :dunno: around him, and he was playing at home after a week's rest. He should have made a play when in counted.

He's been annointed this big star, and has lived the part up, and he can't get a win in the Playoffs.

Dropped passes? You wanna talk about dropped passes? Giants lead the league!

It's all gravy after making T.O. cry.

I don't think he choked so much as he came down to earth a little bit. He's good, but he's not Manning/Brady/Favre good yet, perhaps.

This is the most rational post in this thread and is correct. The real question is how will Romo handle this next year. Will he learn from his mistakes or crumble like a house of cards.