Sign in to follow this  
FantasyBowl33

Who's had lasik done?

Had it. Probably 5-6 years ago. Definitely worth it. Still lasting. Paid too much but my eyes are worth it.

If you do it the key is to go to a doctor with a lot of procedures under their belt. Almost all cases of botched lasik surgery can be traced to doctors without enough experience doing them.

i am still too scared to do this, no matter how much I hate my focking glasses.

had RK done in the mid 90s just out of high skool. went from 20-80 to 20-15. I got my license renewed yesterday

and they make you read the middle line in the eye tester...I could read the smallest line no problemo. At the time

insurance paid for the procedure, but knowing what it's like to have perfect vision 24/7 365, I'd gladly pay for it

out of pocket. I had sensitive eyes, they were sore for about a week after having it done. Course RK isn't lasik,

just saying it's well worth the pain as well as the $$

I had it done just over 4 years ago. I paid $3,000. He was the most expensive and had the best reputation in town. It went great, and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

i am still too scared to do this, no matter how much I hate my focking glasses.

When it comes to blood and surgery I'm about the biggest wuss there is. So is my cousin who had this done a year or two before me. So trust me when I say that I normally wouldn't even consider any type of elective surgery, especially one where I had to stay awake. But....My cousin had hers done and when she went back a month later for a checkup they found that one of her eyes wasn't perfect, just slightly less than perfect. They offered her the option of having Lasik done again on that eye to make it perfect. She accepted. So, she essentially had three eyes done. Also, it's worth noting that her father is an overprotective father and a pediatrician. No way he would have allowed her to have the procedure if he didn't think it was 99.99999% safe.

So, after talking to her I decided to go ahead and have it done, by the same doctor who did hers. Mine came out perfect the first time. No do overs for me. Pretty easy, the procedure itself was painless although I did have a tad bit of discomfort for a few hours afterwards.

What I'm saying is that if my cousin and I could have this done and, in her case have it done twice, anyone can have it done. It's truly about as easy of a medical procedure as you'll ever have.

It's also worth noting that when my cousin and I had this done they actually used a knife to cut the cornea open. Now even that is done by laser by most Lasik doctors.

Tiger Woods had it done.

Had to be the most nervous Dr in the world. Imagine focking up his eyesite?

if Tiger Woods had it done, stop being puzzies and get it done already.

I've thought about it, and whenever I have a couple grand lying around I may well get it done. I have heard nothing but positive things from everyone I know who has had it done. For me, the issue is outdoor stuff. I love hiking, camping, etc. and it is a real pain in the ass to do that stuff with glasses on, or to try to keep your contacts clean and such.

When it comes to blood and surgery I'm about the biggest wuss there is. So is my cousin who had this done a year or two before me. So trust me when I say that I normally wouldn't even consider any type of elective surgery, especially one where I had to stay awake. But....My cousin had hers done and when she went back a month later for a checkup they found that one of her eyes wasn't perfect, just slightly less than perfect. They offered her the option of having Lasik done again on that eye to make it perfect. She accepted. So, she essentially had three eyes done. Also, it's worth noting that her father is an overprotective father and a pediatrician. No way he would have allowed her to have the procedure if he didn't think it was 99.99999% safe.

So, after talking to her I decided to go ahead and have it done, by the same doctor who did hers. Mine came out perfect the first time. No do overs for me. Pretty easy, the procedure itself was painless although I did have a tad bit of discomfort for a few hours afterwards.

What I'm saying is that if my cousin and I could have this done and, in her case have it done twice, anyone can have it done. It's truly about as easy of a medical procedure as you'll ever have.

It's also worth noting that when my cousin and I had this done they actually used a knife to cut the cornea open. Now even that is done by laser by most Lasik doctors.

I have had two c-sections, it's not the fear of blood and surgery that freaks me out.

A) It's my eyes.

:doublethumbsup: It's a knife slicing off partof my eye, shooting a laser in there, and then letting it heal

C) The thought of being essentially tied down to a bed for an OPTIONAL surgery doesn't make my panic/anxiety issues any easier (my c-sections were NOT optional - the baby had to come out).

D) The cost. Hubby and I go around about the pros/cons, etc. I would LOVE to never wear glasses or contacts again, I am just too scared of the above.

Wife had it done 18 mos ago. It was amassing she couldn't read the clock on their wall before the procedure, then 10 min. later she could see and even read the numbers on the clock.

My eyes were so bad that I needed an AK (astigmatic keratotomy) before I could even get the Lasik done. Both procedures were painless - just need to be diligent with drops post-procedure.

Year post-checkup (few months ago), both eyes were 20/15.

Paid ~5k - includes lifetime "touchup".

How did it go? Worth it? How long ago, still lasting etc.

How much did you pay?

I typically explain it as being uncomfortable for about 15 minutes. There was no pain. They gave me 1/2 valium for before and 1/2 for after so you would nap for a few hours after the surgery.

The only thing that got me at all was the seared flesh odor when the laser cut my eye...

I had it done 5 years ago, and 4 years later had to go back to wearing glasses. It was fun while it lasted because my eyes are devastating and make me irresistible to women, and men.

knife on eye....meh wasn't so bad...till the final two cuts which I absolutely felt :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :nono:

I had it done as soon as I turned 18 (two years ago). Procedure took 45 seconds for each eye, and was completely painless (except for them holding your eye open for 45 seconds straight, which is a bit rough, but obviously quite worth it). My contact prescription was -2.75 in one eye and -3.75 in the other. I'm now 20-15 in both eyes. Cost about $4,000. Went to the most expensive, best reputation in town. Best money my parents ever spent. :doublethumbsup:

Also, it has a lifetime guarantee as long as I keep seeing my eye doc once a year. If my eyes go south, they fix it back up for free.

I want to do it, but I am with TNG...It isn't the operation exactly.

I have heard a FEW horror stories....and I don't want to be one. It isn't much effort to put my contacts in every morning

BTW, my vision is at least -4.5 in both eyes. Ugh. Practically BLIND.