Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Allen is a Viking!

Am I missing something here or will Brohm be long gone at 47.

I don't know....I figured there was no way he'd make it to 17 (Vikes original 1st round pick), but talk is he may slide into the 2nd round.

It's not a real good QB class (at least that's what the 'experts' tell us), and Brohm is supposedly ranked 4th or 5th of the QB's coming out. Although again, that's by the 'experts'.

The thing about the draft is always this....one pick that doesn't go the way everyone expects always throws everything off.

Look already....there's talk that if Chris Long falls to the Raiders, they'll skip McFadden and go with him.

Tell me that doesn't throw things off. Besides, if Ryan gets past the Falcons, that means the Ravens take him.

Which means Brohm falls to the 2nd round, almost assuredly.

pretty shitty for both the vikes and raiders ;)

look BLS, I'm not saying it's a bad move for the Vikes. I'm just sayign jared Allen is what he is, a great pass rusher which is what the Vikes need. I also think you have to look where the Chiefs are at as an organization, and realize this is a good move for the Chiefs, it really makes sense. especially in this deep of a draft.

Yeah Toofy, I hear ya. And to an extent, I guess I agree. The situation looked bleak to get done on your end with Allen, so maybe it's best overall.

But I've been on the Chiefs forums all morning and not many of them share your viewpoints. :huh:

But karma being karma, Allen will probably go out and get drunk tonight, get a DUI and we'll be screwed before the draft even starts.

BTW....If KC gets some OL help, will Larry Johnson be worth a sh1t this year? I skipped on him last year because I suspected it was going to be ugly, but not THAT bad. Do you think he can bounce back this year? Maybe not to 20+ TD's or whatever, but mid teens, 1400 yrds??

Yeah Toofy, I hear ya. And to an extent, I guess I agree. The situation looked bleak to get done on your end with Allen, so maybe it's best overall.

But I've been on the Chiefs forums all morning and not many of them share your viewpoints. :huh:

But karma being karma, Allen will probably go out and get drunk tonight, get a DUI and we'll be screwed before the draft even starts.

BTW....If KC gets some OL help, will Larry Johnson be worth a sh1t this year? I skipped on him last year because I suspected it was going to be ugly, but not THAT bad. Do you think he can bounce back this year? Maybe not to 20+ TD's or whatever, but mid teens, 1400 yrds??

the QB and WR situation impacts him as much as the OL does. If teams don't have to fear the pass, then they'll throw 8 in the box and that doesn't bode well. I don't see him doing as bad as last year, but I still wouldn't be too overly optimistic. Croyle still hasn't won a damn game yet as a Pro.

the QB and WR situation impacts him as much as the OL does. If teams don't have to fear the pass, then they'll throw 8 in the box and that doesn't bode well. I don't see him doing as bad as last year, but I still wouldn't be too overly optimistic. Croyle still hasn't won a damn game yet as a Pro.

Yikes. He's gonna have a meltdown and maybe will start to realize his 'studness' was partly his behemoth offensive line that is now mostly retired.

Tell that to the Ravens, Buccaneers, and 85 Bears.

Tarvaris needs work, and possibly a replacement. But we have this guy who can run the ball. You may have heard of him.....

I'm so stoked, that if the Vikings went out at 47 and took Brian Brohm, I'll go buy season tickets TODAY.

The sad part is Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson are light years better than TJax will ever be. Adrian Peterson is great yes, but how great was he over the final 8 games last year?

11-45-0

0-0-0

0-0-0

15-116-2

14-3-0

20-78-2

9-27-0

11-36-0

I bet D coordinators are looking at those games and salivating. Without a legitimate NFL QB and passing game to worry about Mr. Peterson will find little room to run. Good luck! Your D will have to not only be outstanding but will have to score as well for the Vikes to have a chance at the playoffs.

The Vikes, if DE was a huge priority, should have looked for one in the draft and kept their picks which may have assured their getting Brohm. Now, you have to pray he falls to the Vikes at 47. Good luck though!

I don't know....I figured there was no way he'd make it to 17 (Vikes original 1st round pick), but talk is he may slide into the 2nd round.

It's not a real good QB class (at least that's what the 'experts' tell us), and Brohm is supposedly ranked 4th or 5th of the QB's coming out. Although again, that's by the 'experts'.

The thing about the draft is always this....one pick that doesn't go the way everyone expects always throws everything off.

Look already....there's talk that if Chris Long falls to the Raiders, they'll skip McFadden and go with him.

Tell me that doesn't throw things off. Besides, if Ryan gets past the Falcons, that means the Ravens take him.

i dont think brohm will fall to 47 under any circumstance....some think he is as good as ryan and either atlanta or baltimore will get him in round 2 before us if he even falls that far.

Am I missing something here or will Brohm be long gone at 47.

Um nope. You hit the nail on the head! Vikes fans are simply daydreaming :first:

The sad part is Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson are light years better than TJax will ever be. Adrian Peterson is great yes, but how great was he over the final 8 games last year?

11-45-0

0-0-0

0-0-0

15-116-2

14-3-0

20-78-2

9-27-0

11-36-0

I bet D coordinators are looking at those games and salivating. Without a legitimate NFL QB and passing game to worry about Mr. Peterson will find little room to run. Good luck! Your D will have to not only be outstanding but will have to score as well for the Vikes to have a chance at the playoffs.

The Vikes, if DE was a huge priority, should have looked for one in the draft and kept their picks which may have assured their getting Brohm. Now, you have to pray he falls to the Vikes at 47. Good luck though!

if AP had those 8 games behind that line..a line that included Hutch, how good will he be? they should trade adrian peterson for 2 #1s...as he wont make it through 08 healthy..no way, no how...

are u a lil bothered that the chiefs only have 2 great players and they just traded 1 away?...

are u a lil bothered that the chiefs only have 2 great players and they just traded 1 away?...

No, if we hit with our draft picks we might land 3-5 great players, if this draft is as deep as everyone is saying it is. 3 good draft picks does us more good than a solid DE. I think there are a few players currently on staff we are building around. Those players are:

G Bryan Waters - pro bowler, hoa many years does he have left is the question

C Rudy Niswanger - yet to see what he has, but penciled in as the starter in '08

Other O-Line prospects - (Herb Taylor, Will Svitek) - have yet to show much, but could develop into players

WR Dwayne Bowe - looks like the real deal

QB - Brodie Croyle - I wish I had as much faith in this guy as the Chiefs seem to have

RBs - LJ & Kolby Smith - i liked what I saw in Smith last year

DE - Tamba Hali - looks to be a decent player for years to come, still needs to take his game to the next level

DTs Tank Tyler & Turk McBride - drafted on the first day last year, still have a lot left to prove

LB Derrick Johnson - Gunther has been assigned to coach LBs this year on top of being DC, did great in this role bringing up DT aqnd in Tennessee, optimism that this will benefit a guy like DJ

LB Napoleon Harris & Demarrio Williams - Harris has never lived up to 1st round hype, and Williams is the type of players the Chiefs are targeting, guys hitting that 2nd contract that could develop into a starter. Gunther working directly with the LBs could benefit these two as well

Ss Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page - these guys have had a couple years now to learn the ropes, its time for them to stepup and play at a higher level

P - Dustin Colquitt - I really like this kid

So while most people haven't heard of some of these guys, the team is young and moving forward in a new direction. With 13 picks this year, 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, the Chiefs really hope to improve their team through the draft. They have some talent around them to work with, they need to hit on their draft picks and they are going to be in great shape moving forward. When Carl first took over they were in a similar situation and made the most of it, I'm optimistic they're going to do the same here.

Jared Allens deal is essentially a 2 year deal.... Link

8 mill roster bonus in 2010 with escalated salaries from there on out. If Allen gets a DUI again, Minnesota would cut ties in 2010. Which would make KC the winner of the deal. If he stays clean, he'll get the bonus or restructure by then.

They have almost nothing left. They'll be lucky to win 5 games in 2008.

On the bright side for KC fans, Herm "Country Club" Edwards should get fired within the next year or two.

I hate to be pessimistic but the Vikes aren't as close as people think they are. Look at last year. We beat:

Detroit

Chicago

Chicago

Atlanta

Oakland

San Francisco

NYG

SD

The two games where the Vikings beat winning teams: Eli threw 4 picks....and AD set a record vs. SD.

Don't get me wrong, I like the direction the Vikes are headed. But they need to show a lot more than they did last year.

They weren't competitive against WAS, PHI, DEN (most of the game), and GB.

Critics of TJax are right on. He needs to progress a light year or two from '07 for the Vikes to be serious contenders. Even if he's capable of that, we need some better playcalling from Chilly and crew.

They paid a steep price... but Minny is getting an elite player.

As for the QB situation... The staff there is not ready to give up on Jackson. They overpaid for Berrian because Berrian has the speed that plays well to TJax's canon arm. Minny is more interested in backing up TJax w/ a vet QB if he gets hurt or truly does stink.

Jackson was terrible in the bigenning of the yr, but after he came back from his injury / benching... his stats did improve.

Starting from Week 11

He had a mid 60ish completion Rate and He had 8 TDs (6 passing / 2 Rushing) to 7 INTs (3 in one bad game).

They have almost nothing left. They'll be lucky to win 5 games in 2008.

On the bright side for KC fans, Herm "Country Club" Edwards should get fired within the next year or two.

coming from a raiders fan whose team in just about as bad of shape as the Chiefs, with only 2 picks out of the top 105 while the Chiefs have 7. Classic :overhead:

if AP had those 8 games behind that line..a line that included Hutch, how good will he be? they should trade adrian peterson for 2 #1s...as he wont make it through 08 healthy..no way, no how...

You guys are such homers.

You realize that those last 6 games he played he was hurt, right?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...naps/index.html

One league source told SI.com on Wednesday that Allen's two strikes in the program get wiped off the books if he stays incident free through September, at which time his most recent DUI will be two years old. He would then be out from under the threat of a year-long league suspension if he incurred another DUI after September, the source said. But that scenario could not be confirmed by an NFL spokesman Wednesday, leaving it uncertain whether Allen is a high risk for a career-interrupting suspension.

This is a great signing.... :mad:

If they can teach him to throw, catch, and cover wide receivers, the Vikings could be 8-8 this year!! :dunno:

This is a great signing.... :shocking:

If they can teach him to throw, catch, and cover wide receivers, the Vikings could be 8-8 this year!! :doublethumbsup:

Alright b1tch. We're obviously on a crash course for a sig bet. :unsure:

You're pathetic team will NOT win the division. You know that, right?

I know this sounds crazy, but if TJax is as bad as he was this year, they already have a huge upgrade in Ferrotte. I realize Ferrotte is no savior by any means, but he can throw the ball 20 yards down field and complete it, as well as cutting down on the picks. My point is that if Jackson sucks, Ferrotte will get put in and Peterson will not be seeing 8 in the box every time, because if he does, Ferrotte should be able to move the offense through the air... That, I think, is enough to keep the offense from being as horrible as it was last year... and with a significantly upgraded defense, I think this team will at least make the playoffs.