Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2008 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Green Bay Packers

The Pack does not have any glaring holes to fill. Do not expect them to target positions. They are getting the best available according to their draft board.

I know nothing about him.

Seems like a return guy maybe. Big kid.

I thought a WR would be drafted...just not this early for them.

Driver will not be around for ever. Neither will KRob.

Odd pick for sure.

IT SUCKED SHO!!! Period! It was worse than will Farrell last year!

IT SUCKED SHO!!! Period! It was worse than will Farrell last year!

I guess some people will never be happy.

Who was the automatic best guy to you right there?

What do they really "NEED"?

Im not jumping up and down excited about this...but did not think it was anything terrible (just wondering if they could have got him later with one of their other 2nd rounders).

It was the single worst pick of this draft1 Hell, trade down before you take aguy you could have in the late 3rd. They could have atleast taken a need like a TE.(Bennett) The pick sucked, and you know it !

Don't get it---nothing I saw had this guy rated higher than late 2nd/3rd

The same thing was said after they drafted Jennings and Jones.

It was the single worst pick of this draft1 Hell, trade down before you take aguy you could have in the late 3rd. They could have atleast taken a need like a TE.(Bennett) The pick sucked, and you know it !

No...that pick was odd and I know it.

How can any of us say it sucked when the kid has not even suited up yet.

Plenty of people thought the James Jones pick sucked...Greg Jennings...and so on. One position I will not question TT on is WR. The guy has done quite well (including Terrence Murphy who looked good before they found that injury).

Single worst pick of the draft? That is quite questionable.

Thats what I guess I am hoping for in trusting Ted on this one.

He takes his guy when he feels its the right spot.

Nobody here knows what other teams are thinking on this guy.

Just because Kiper says he is a 3rd round guy...does not make it so (ask Devin Thomas and DeSean Jackson about what they think of Kiper's ratings)

Yeah but how many WR's does Millen TT need? :dunno:

No...that pick was odd and I know it.

How can any of us say it sucked when the kid has not even suited up yet.

Plenty of people thought the James Jones pick sucked...Greg Jennings...and so on. One position I will not question TT on is WR. The guy has done quite well (including Terrence Murphy who looked good before they found that injury).

Single worst pick of the draft? That is quite questionable.

He has always had Favre to throw to them to. I would have rather taken the QB, and killed myself! Now I am among the walking dead! Hell, Sho.............we drafted a guy named Korky with our first pick! :dunno:

Jordy Nelson will be good. He has the size, speed and the hands. I was hoping the Chiefs would get him in the 3rd. Does seem kind of odd as he wasn't really mentioned anywhere going this early, but I don't think the Pack fans will be disappointed once they start seeing what this guy can do come camp and preseason

:dunno:

..........and did they both get killed or retire?

think wes welker

It is amazing how many people think they know more about this than TT.

I have been happy with TT, but his first rounder last year, and his first pick this year are the SUCK!

Will Farrell and Korky!

I have been happy with TT, but his first rounder last year, and his first pick this year are the SUCK!

Will Farrell and Korky!

WR was the last place I thought GB needed help this year but we haven't even seen this guy play yet.

fockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfock

ockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockf

ckfockfockfockfockfockfockfock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno:

fockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfock

ockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockfockf

ckfockfockfockfockfockfockfock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown:

This is the pick you are wrong to b1tch about. How all the faith in Rodgers? Half a game against Dallas? Great pick. :cry:

I love the Brohm pick this late. :thumbsdown:

it's round 2. you draft starters here. not sure how this is "late."

TT just batted 2 for 2 in this draft so far.....brohm is a focking steal....

it's round 2. you draft starters here. not sure how this is "late."

Because I had him as the #2 QB in the draft and we got him at the end of the 2nd. That's late to me.

Go back to dreaming about how good Stanton will be. Oh, and good luck with Tatum Bell at RB.

Because I had him as the #2 QB in the draft and we got him at the end of the 2nd. That's late to me.

Go back to dreaming about how good Stanton will be. Oh, and good luck with Tatum Bell at RB.

hopefully kevin smith

Wow, I am very happy with how this draft is going for the Packers. I absolutely loved getting Brohm that late and Patrick Lee is one of the faster corners in the draft, should be a solid nickel back right off the bat this year. Thompson is on a role :thumbsdown:

People, including myself, have been saying that about most of TT's early picks over the last few seasons, but everyone of them has panned out to some extent so far. Even Harrell last year was going to be taken 2 picks after GB, so its not like he was a reach there either. Thompson has earned my trust when it comes to evalutating draft prospects.

We should have Merling, Bennett, and Godfrey. There is no hope to save this draft. :thumbsdown:

Are you kidding me? TT has nothing to prove to anyone. He is one of the better GMs out there and he knows much more than all of us put together. Great draft so far.

Green Bay is having a misrable draft. Congrats. Almost as bad as the Seahawks. Almost.

Green Bay = FAIL.

Are you kidding me? TT has nothing to prove to anyone. He is one of the better GMs out there and he knows much more than all of us put together. Great draft so far.

He has done well, but he didn't today. He really screwed us with his first pick last season too. Then today he drafts Korky! hE THEN GRABS ANOTHER qB WE DON'T NEED AND a Db nobody knows about. This has been a F!

My God do you guys sure drink the kool-aid with this guy. A back-up QB, 4th WR and 4th DB makes you guys that happy after 2 rounds? :thumbsdown:

My God do you guys sure drink the kool-aid with this guy. A back-up QB, 4th WR and 4th DB makes you guys that happy after 2 rounds? :cheers:

The packers have no glaring needs, so you tell me who else he should have drafted here? In a year, everyone bashing this draft will probably have a different opinion. And for the record, Lee isnt a 4th CB, he will be the nickel back and play a lot this year. GB also was without a legit backup QB, and ended up getting one of the top prospects in the entire draft late in the 2nd round, I don't see how thats a 'bad' pick.

My God do you guys sure drink the kool-aid with this guy. A back-up QB, 4th WR and 4th DB makes you guys that happy after 2 rounds? :cheers:

Successful teams don't draft for rookie year stars. They draft for depth and the long run.

- How long to you expect Driver to keep playing? Plus, in the WCO that they run 5-9 receivers touch the ball every game. Plus again, TT has a nack for drafting WRs, no reason to doubt that pick.

- Rodgers has shown flashes, but he has also shown that he can miss a lot of time due to injury. The Pack was very shallow in QB and Brohm fell to them at that pick. It was a great pick.

- DBs and SFTs are the Pack's holes - if you can even call it that. They have 3 quality CBs right now, but Woodson does not have more than 2 more years in him.

Bottom line, the draft is not how you win in one year, it is how you win in the long run. This has been a great draft thus far.

like the Lee pick, I took him for the Chiefs in the homer mock...

Remote, you're going to like Jordy......the guy is a playmaker, plain and simple. I've never seen a player play with more fire and determinatinon in all my years of watching college football.

13 years from now, GB will be naming a street after brohm :cheers:

:rolleyes:

GB will be lucky to even make it to the playoffs. They did not need another WR. The real problem area in GB is still RB; RYan Grant needs to prove it one more year WITHOUT Favre for me to buy into him. He will soon learn how the holes will not be there with no Favre behind the LOS. With so many good RBs available in this draft, GB was stupid to get a back up QB and another WR. :mad:

GB will be lucky to even make it to the playoffs. They did not need another WR. The real problem area in GB is still RB; RYan Grant needs to prove it one more year WITHOUT Favre for me to buy into him. He will soon learn how the holes will not be there with no Favre behind the LOS. With so many good RBs available in this draft, GB was stupid to get a back up QB and another WR. :mad:

the packers picked up a better backup qb than the bears have at starter....

but u said it..lots of rbs in this draft.....

so why cant gb pick a rb later?....

Go fish somewhere else, we all know your football knowledge is very limited.