Sign in to follow this  
jdswan922

Dynasty Draft, Top 25

This is pretty rough, having not looked all the way through, but it is my first try...

Jontahan Stewart, CAR

Rashard Mendenhall, PIT

Matt Forte, CHI

Kevin Smith, DET

Darren McFadden, OAK

Ray Rice, BAL

Felix Jones, DAL

Ryan Torain, DEN

Matt Ryan, ATL

Limas Sweed, PIT

Devin Thomas, WAS

Earl Bennett, CHI

Malcom Kelly, WAS

Jerome Simpson, CIN

James Hardy, BUF (can't believe I forgot him the first time through)

Joe Flacco, BAL

Jamaal Charles, KC

Lavelle Hawkins, TEN

Keenan Burton, STL

Tim Hightower, ARZ

Donnie Avery, STL

Andre Caldwell, CIN

Chris Johnson, TEN

Jordy Nelson, GB

Arman Shields, OAK

Brian Brohm, GB

Sleeper: Josh Johnson, TB and Xavier Omon, BUF

This is pretty rough, having not looked all the way through, but it is my first try...

Jontahan Stewart, CAR

Rashard Mendenhall, PIT

Matt Forte, CHI

Kevin Smith, DET

Darren McFadden, OAK

Ray Rice, BAL

Felix Jones, DAL

Ryan Torain, DEN

Matt Ryan, ATL

Limas Sweed, PIT

Devin Thomas, WAS

Earl Bennett, CHI

Malcom Kelly, WAS

Jerome Simpson, CIN

James Hardy, BUF (can't believe I forgot him the first time through)

Joe Flacco, BAL

Jamaal Charles, KC

Lavelle Hawkins, TEN

Keenan Burton, STL

Tim Hightower, ARZ

Donnie Avery, STL

Andre Caldwell, CIN

Chris Johnson, TEN

Jordy Nelson, GB

Arman Shields, OAK

Brian Brohm, GB

Sleeper: Josh Johnson, TB and Xavier Omon, BUF

I think a great ranking. I would love to move DMAC down, but even though I not a fan the reality is the Raiders drafted him to play. So until he proves it one way or the other I might even be tempted to take him number five in a Rookie Dynasty Draft.

I think a great ranking. I would love to move DMAC down, but even though I not a fan the reality is the Raiders drafted him to play. So until he proves it one way or the other I might even be tempted to take him number five in a Rookie Dynasty Draft.

I have a feeling he is going to break some long runs, but also have a lot no gains and loss of yards. I just don't see him as more of a RBBC guy.

I'm not a fan of McFadden but if he falls to pick 5 then somethings wrong. He should be top 3 in every dynasty draft just because of his potential.

Chris Johnson- a wildcard and will be taken in the top 10.

Forte- a guy I really like but he is getting too much love because of all the Benson hate. He may not even be the starter and the Chicago offense will not do him any favors.

Omon- love him as a sleeper but I don't like him landing in Buffalo

I don't like your ranking at all. I put much more emphasis on early (that means right-off-the-bat) production. Here's mine:

1. Stewart - should become the primary back, beating out DeAngelo.

2. Kevin Smith - I had him #6 pre-draft - He takes over as bell-cow starter from day 1.

3. Chris Johnson - This guy will be Tenn's main playmaker - I see him being used in two back sets with fat Lenny, and they will use him (I would hope) the same way that NO used Reggie Bush when Deuce was healthy. He will also be their return man.

4. Matt Ryan - the future QB in atlanta, and the future is soon.

5. McFadden - will not be as good in the pros as he was in college

6. Mendenhall - RBBC with fast Willie

7-8. tie: Forte - right situation, wrong back - IMO Ray Rice would have been a much better selection who would have clearly beat out Benson. I'm not so sure this won't be RBBC.

7-8. tie: Felix Jones- will get about 1/3 of the carries in Dallas with MBIII being the bell-cow.

Rest of the 1st round: I won't even try to pick the order, but Flacco, Earl Bennett, Jordy Nelson and Ray Rice would round out my top 12.

13-25 This might be a cop-out but I see very little difference between any of these guys. When it comes to WRs, I chose my 2 favorites in picks 9-12 above, but the truth is that no one can preduct who will be the most productive in this group as there is very little real separation between them. I like Brohm but when will he play? Not that high on any of the other RBs either.

Edit: on further review, I'll rank Felix ahead of Forte based on talent.

I don't like your ranking at all. I put much more emphasis on early (that means right-off-the-bat) production. Here's mine:

1. Stewart - should become the primary back, beating out DeAngelo.

2. Kevin Smith - I had him #6 pre-draft - He takes over as bell-cow starter from day 1.

3. Chris Johnson - This guy will be Tenn's main playmaker - I see him being used in two back sets with fat Lenny, and they will use him (I would hope) the same way that NO used Reggie Bush when Deuce was healthy. He will also be their return man.

4. Matt Ryan - the future QB in atlanta, and the future is soon.

5. McFadden - will not be as good in the pros as he was in college

6. Mendenhall - RBBC with fast Willie

7-8. tie: Forte - right situation, wrong back - IMO Ray Rice would have been a much better selection who would have clearly beat out Benson. I'm not so sure this won't be RBBC.

7-8. tie: Felix Jones- will get about 1/3 of the carries in Dallas with MBIII being the bell-cow.

Rest of the 1st round: I won't even try to pick the order, but Flacco, Earl Bennett, Jordy Nelson and Ray Rice would round out my top 12.

13-25 This might be a cop-out but I see very little difference between any of these guys. When it comes to WRs, I chose my 2 favorites in picks 9-12 above, but the truth is that no one can preduct who will be the most productive in this group as there is very little real separation between them. I like Brohm but when will he play? Not that high on any of the other RBs either.

Edit: on further review, I'll rank Felix ahead of Forte based on talent.

I have been burned in the past by focusing too much on situation. Being in a dynasty league I focus on who I think is the best talent, then use the situation for minor tweaks. I had Kevin Smith around 6 or 7 prior to the draft and moved him up a couple and Ray Rice around 4 or 5 and droppped him down a slot or two, just as an example.

For someone who focusses on immediate returns, you have Ryan awfully high IMO. He won't have any fantasy impact for a couple years, even if he starts this year. Interesting take though. I think you have Mendenhall a little low too. He should not fall out of the top 3.

My .02

1) Jonathan Stewart, CAR ~ Easily steps in and wrests ownership of the primary RB from all others, but can the passing game keep the box open enough?

2) Darren McFadden, OAK ~ Upon his arrival will be the best RB on the squad, not running away....but still the best...on a team that ran well last year. If the passing game can just inch forward this cat could be a top 5 back by the end of the year.

3) Kevin Smith, DET ~ Comes into a team starving for runnign production and will be given every much a chance as Stewart or McFadden to take over the RB role, their current coprs of backs are simply pathetic, he almost starts by default.

4) Matt Forte, CHI ~ I am not sold on Forte as being an every down back in the NFL over a full season, but I think he gets a solid opportunity to establish himself as the main guy, and the split with benson is very much in his favor.

5) Rashard Mendenhall, PIT~ This guy is the future of this team, but i don't see them swtiching gears on the design of their offense away from FWP right away. So this year is RBBC, but by next yea this guy is the main and is gouging nasty holes through the middle of defenses as a battering ram...

6) Limas Sweed, PIT ~ Likely starts right away, likely comes out of the season as the top rookie WR, but does not produce startling numbers right away, just hopeful ones

7) James Hardy, BUF ~ Won't likely surpass Sweed in receptions or yardage, but emerges as the primary target inside the 20, and uses his size and strength to lead all rookies in TD's.....running backs included.

Others noted:

Ray Rice, BAL ~ Bit player on this offense, does not likely remain on the team for more than two years.

Felix Jones, DAL ~ Change of pace who has the potential to emerge as a Charlie Garner in a few years

Matt Ryan, ATL ~ No one can be sure, could be a Carson Palmer or could be a Brian Griese, or even a Trent Dilfer....

Devin Thomas, WAS ~ Outstanding talent, doomed to a mediocre team, only thing worse would have been being sentenced to Detroit

Malcom Kelly, WAS ~ Same as above....

Jerome Simpson, CIN ~ VERY interesting pick, has the potential to emerge as a factor.

Joe Flacco, BAL ~ Likely the starter by the end of the season, wont give them much to cheer about this year, but should emerge as a Carson Palmer in 2009

Jamaal Charles, KC ~ Loved the pick, light a fire under LJ, and if he has already flashed out, this kid could be the next "one" for KC

Theres alot of McFadden hate considering he just went to the #6 rushing offense .

Theres alot of McFadden hate considering he just went to the #6 rushing offense .

Yet tons of love for K. Smith with Detroit's horrible rushing offense. Getting 1 lineman wasn't enough to fix it. Martz has his faults but that offense will not be better without him. I understand the good chance for playing time but a bad team around him would make me temper expectations a little more. :dunno:

Couldn't agree more.

I believe it should go more like this....

1. Stewart... Best situation of all players.

2. McFadden... If Fargas can run well behind the Raiders OL, McFadden can do the same.

3. Mendenhall... For reasons of pure talent. Won't give immediate return on pick, but worth the wait.

4. Forte... Next best chance to get immediate return on investment.

5. K.Smith... I like the chances of Forte just a touch more than Smith. I was not high on Smith going into the draft.

6. Ryan... Here's a good place for Ryan to go. Future investment.

7. F.Jones... 3rd down back for a good offense.

8. Rice... Handcuff to McGahee. Has a good future in this league.

9. Sweed... Big target but a weak class of WR's. Sweed has the best chance of the group.

10.C.Johnson... Fast but getting way too much love. Crowded backfield. Not going to get a lot of touches.

11.J.Charles.... Another handcuff.

12. Take your favorite pick of QB or WR here.

13. J.Parleme... Here is my pick for future WHO? Stud. This guy has flown under the radar for the most part but has a lot to offer.

14. Slaton... 3rd down back guy.

15. Favorite QB or WR left.

As mentioned above, I'm kinda sneaky high on James Hardy too. He could really end up being that big red zone / possesion guy that Buff needs. A big time sleeper in ppr I bet.

My .02

1) Jonathan Stewart, CAR ~ Easily steps in and wrests ownership of the primary RB from all others, but can the passing game keep the box open enough?

2) Darren McFadden, OAK ~ Upon his arrival will be the best RB on the squad, not running away....but still the best...on a team that ran well last year. If the passing game can just inch forward this cat could be a top 5 back by the end of the year.

3) Kevin Smith, DET ~ Comes into a team starving for runnign production and will be given every much a chance as Stewart or McFadden to take over the RB role, their current coprs of backs are simply pathetic, he almost starts by default.

4) Matt Forte, CHI ~ I am not sold on Forte as being an every down back in the NFL over a full season, but I think he gets a solid opportunity to establish himself as the main guy, and the split with benson is very much in his favor.

5) Rashard Mendenhall, PIT~ This guy is the future of this team, but i don't see them swtiching gears on the design of their offense away from FWP right away. So this year is RBBC, but by next yea this guy is the main and is gouging nasty holes through the middle of defenses as a battering ram...

6) Limas Sweed, PIT ~ Likely starts right away, likely comes out of the season as the top rookie WR, but does not produce startling numbers right away, just hopeful ones

7) James Hardy, BUF ~ Won't likely surpass Sweed in receptions or yardage, but emerges as the primary target inside the 20, and uses his size and strength to lead all rookies in TD's.....running backs included.

Others noted:

Ray Rice, BAL ~ Bit player on this offense, does not likely remain on the team for more than two years.

Felix Jones, DAL ~ Change of pace who has the potential to emerge as a Charlie Garner in a few years

Matt Ryan, ATL ~ No one can be sure, could be a Carson Palmer or could be a Brian Griese, or even a Trent Dilfer....

Devin Thomas, WAS ~ Outstanding talent, doomed to a mediocre team, only thing worse would have been being sentenced to Detroit

Malcom Kelly, WAS ~ Same as above....

Jerome Simpson, CIN ~ VERY interesting pick, has the potential to emerge as a factor.

Joe Flacco, BAL ~ Likely the starter by the end of the season, wont give them much to cheer about this year, but should emerge as a Carson Palmer in 2009

Jamaal Charles, KC ~ Loved the pick, light a fire under LJ, and if he has already flashed out, this kid could be the next "one" for KC

So, Kelly & Thomas are doomed to a mediocre team but James Hardy isn't? :unsure: Also, Sweed is at BEST the Steelers 3rd WR.

You may not like Campbell but the Skins have quite a few more weapons now and Kelly or Thomas have great chance to turn into a viable #2 WR this season and maybe more in the future.

The Mcfadden hate is stupid ! The kid focking tore up the SEC the greatets conferenc ein colleg ball. He shredded the #1 defense last season in LSU as well. In a dynasty draft if McFadden wasn't #1 overall the person picking Stewart over him is making a error IMO ! I won't say they are stupid for doing so as Stewart is pretty focking good too I just think McFadden is in deed that good.

The OPs rankings look pretty good to me, good job.

The one thing I do know, is that as a Marion Barber III keeper league owner, I was very happy to see Dallas take Felix Jones with Mendenhall still on the draft board. If they would have taken Mendendall, it could have made the MB3 contract negotiations a little more awkward, as it would have given Dallas a little more leverage.

By taking Felix Jones, I think Dallas really gave a vote of confidence to Marion Barber, as Jones will fill a great complimentary role, but won't be a threat for the starting job like Mendenhall could have been.

Even better, is that Felix Jones shouldn't be a threat to get the any of the goalline carries. Last season, Dallas usually let Julius Jones stay in the game, during his drives, when they would be in scoring range. I think with Mendenhall, they could have possibly been tempted to give him some of the goalline work, as he is a sturdy, tough RB himself. But thankfully, they passed. They eliminated any possible RB controversy, taking the "specialty RB" as a compliment to the starting RB Barber, as opposed to taking Mendenhall, who is basically a starting RB in his own right.

My .02

Why would he start over Ward or Holmes? Not really sure he'll beat out Nate Washington for the #3 right off the bat. He's talented but so are the WRs in place and he is a rookie.

So, Kelly & Thomas are doomed to a mediocre team but James Hardy isn't? :unsure: Also, Sweed is at BEST the Steelers 3rd WR.

You may not like Campbell but the Skins have quite a few more weapons now and Kelly or Thomas have great chance to turn into a viable #2 WR this season and maybe more in the future.

We can agree to disagree, perhaps there is actual information behind your assertions, it certainly seems to be en vogue to provide some measure of support.

:( :dunno:

We can agree to disagree, perhaps there is actual information behind your assertions, it certainly seems to be en vogue to provide some measure of support.

:pointstosky: :dunno:

As opposed supporting claims by just dismissing a team as "mediocre".

Why would he start over Ward or Holmes? Not really sure he'll beat out Nate Washington for the #3 right off the bat. He's talented but so are the WRs in place and he is a rookie.

Oh, I cannot find where I mentioned who he might start over, but yes, he is the #3 starting WR at the beginning of the season IMHO, over Washington. Perhaps am wrong, but I beleive that he is better than Washington, only time will tell of course. Everything right now is pure speculation based on the information at hand, camp and pre-season will help ulluminate further, and hopefully people would not be so silly as to hinge their actions only on todays information.

As opposed supporting claims by just dismissing a team as "mediocre".

Ohhh, so our definitions of mediocre differ.....that's cool.... :pointstosky:

It's a big list, but here is the complete list of skill position draftees this past weekend:

PLAYER POS RND PICK TEAM

Matt Ryan QB 1 3 Atlanta

Darren McFadden RB 1 4 Oakland

Jonathan Stewart RB 1 13 Carolina

Joe Flacco QB 1 18 Baltimore

Felix Jones RB 1 22 Dallas

Rashard Mendenhall RB 1 23 Pittsburgh

Chris Johnson RB 1 24 Tennessee

Dustin Keller TE 1 30 New York

Donnie Avery WR 2 33 St. Louis

Devin Thomas WR 2 34 Washington

Jordy Nelson WR 2 36 Green Bay

John Carlson TE 2 38 Seattle

James Hardy WR 2 41 Buffalo

Eddie Royal WR 2 42 Denver

Matt Forte RB 2 44 Chicago

Jerome Simpson WR 2 46 Cincinnati

Fred Davis TE 2 48 Washington

DeSean Jackson WR 2 49 Philadelphia

Malcolm Kelly WR 2 51 Washington

Limas Sweed WR 2 53 Pittsburgh

Ray Rice RB 2 55 Baltimore

Brian Brohm QB 2 56 Green Bay

Chad Henne QB 2 57 Miami

Dexter Jackson WR 2 58 Tampa Bay

Martellus Bennett TE 2 61 Dallas

Kevin Smith RB 3 64 Detroit

Jacob Hester FB 3 69 San Diego

Earl Bennett WR 3 70 Chicago

Jamaal Charles RB 3 73 Kansas City

Brad Cottam TE 3 76 Kansas City

Early Doucet WR 3 81 Arizona

Harry Douglas WR 3 84 Atlanta

Craig Stevens TE 3 85 Tennessee

Steve Slaton RB 3 89 Houston

Jermichael Finley TE 3 91 Green Bay

Kevin O'Connell QB 3 94 New England

Mario Manningham WR 3 95 New York

Andre Caldwell WR 3 97 Cincinnati

William Franklin WR 4 105 Kansas City

Marcus Smith WR 4 106 Baltimore

Martin Rucker TE 4 111 Cleveland

Tashard Choice RB 4 122 Dallas

Arman Shields WR 4 125 Oakland

Lavelle Hawkins WR 4 126 Tennessee

Jacob Tamme TE 4 127 Indianapolis

Keenan Burton WR 4 128 St. Louis

Derek Fine TE 4 132 Buffalo

Kenneth Moore WR 5 136 Detroit

John David Booty QB 5 137 Minnesota

Ryan Torain RB 5 139 Denver

Gary Barnidge TE 5 141 Carolina

Jerome Felton FB 5 146 Detroit

Timothy Hightower RB 5 149 Arizona

Matt Slater WR 5 153 New England

Dennis Dixon QB 5 156 Pittsburgh

Kellen Davis TE 5 158 Chicago

Josh Johnson QB 5 160 Tampa Bay

Erik Ainge QB 5 162 New York

Owen Schmitt FB 5 163 Seattle

Marcus Thomas RB 5 166 San Diego

Marcus Henry WR 6 171 New York

Thomas Brown RB 6 172 Atlanta

Josh Morgan WR 6 174 San Francisco

Jalen Parmele RB 6 176 Miami

Xavier Omon RB 6 179 Buffalo

Kevin Robinson WR 6 182 Kansas City

Colt Brennan QB 6 186 Washington

Paul Hubbard WR 6 191 Cleveland

Jaymar Johnson WR 6 193 Minnesota

Tom Santi TE 6 196 Indianapolis

Andre' Woodson QB 6 198 New York

Mike Hart RB 6 202 Indianapolis

Lex Hilliard RB 6 204 Miami

Pierre Garcon WR 6 205 Indianapolis

Matt Sherry TE 6 207 Cincinnati

Matt Flynn QB 7 209 Green Bay

Chauncey Washington RB 7 213 Jacksonville

Justin Harper WR 7 215 Baltimore

Brett Swain WR 7 217 Green Bay

Alex Brink QB 7 223 Houston

Steve Johnson WR 7 224 Buffalo

Chaz Schilens WR 7 226 Oakland

Peyton Hillis FB 7 227 Denver

Keith Zinger TE 7 232 Atlanta

Justin Forsett RB 7 233 Seattle

Adrian Arrington WR 7 237 New Orleans

Cory Boyd RB 7 238 Tampa Bay

Mike Merritt TE 7 239 Kansas City

Allen Patrick RB 7 240 Baltimore

Mario Urrutia WR 7 246 Cincinnati

Marcus Monk WR 7 248 Chicago

Oh, I cannot find where I mentioned who he might start over, but yes, he is the #3 starting WR at the beginning of the season IMHO, over Washington. Perhaps am wrong, but I beleive that he is better than Washington, only time will tell of course. Everything right now is pure speculation based on the information at hand, camp and pre-season will help ulluminate further, and hopefully people would not be so silly as to hinge their actions only on todays information.

Well Holmes and Ward start in the base offense for Pitts - so one would make an assumption that...

If he's the #3 he isn't really a starter then - but will see significant time so its not worth nitpicking.

I don't disagree that he could beat out Washington but it isn't a foregone conclusion, Washington is a pretty good player and knows the system - but I see your point that its speculative at this point and respect your opinion.

I'm not convinced that Sweed is the top WR prospect at this point though. I like Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly better from a talent perspective and while Campbell hasn't put it all together yet he has shown flashes and both have less in front of them for serious playing time in Washington that Sweed does in Pitts.

If Zorn's offense works, they could produce right away. I also like Hardy better since he compliments Evans so well and Edwards is ready to take the next step in Buffalo.

Good list though.

Well Holmes and Ward start in the base offense for Pitts - so one would make an assumption that...

If he's the #3 he isn't really a starter then - but will see significant time so its not worth nitpicking.

I don't disagree that he could beat out Washington but it isn't a foregone conclusion, Washington is a pretty good player and knows the system - but I see your point that its speculative at this point and respect your opinion.

I'm not convinced that Sweed is the top WR prospect at this point though. I like Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly better from a talent perspective and while Campbell hasn't put it all together yet he has shown flashes and both have less in front of them for serious playing time in Washington that Sweed does in Pitts.

If Zorn's offense works, they could produce right away. I also like Hardy better since he compliments Evans so well and Edwards is ready to take the next step in Buffalo.

Good list though.

Sweed is just as big, faster and a better character guy than Kelly is. And Devin Thomas has only done it one season. Sweed fell because of concerns over his wrist, which should be ok. He won't start immediately for the Steelers, but he will be the eventual replacement for Ward.

Washington will probably beat out sweed for the #3 spot, and i would be willing to be that if holmes or Ward go down this year it will be washington, and not sweed filling in.

Talent wise - Sweed has to be at the top of the list.

Like crawfish said, if it wasn't for him getting hurt, he would have been a long way ahead of the rest of the WR group.

Steve Slaton the RB that Houston took in the 3rd could make for a great sleeper in most fantasy drafts. He's a 3rd down back with good hands on a team with 2 RBs that can not stay healthy.

On a side note I heard this moring on Houston radio that he did not have a fumble college.

Steve Slaton the RB that Houston took in the 3rd could make for a great sleeper in most fantasy drafts. He's a 3rd down back with good hands on a team with 2 RBs that can not stay healthy.

On a side note I heard this moring on Houston radio that he did not have a fumble college.

I think we all wanted Houston to take a front line back though. Too bad. A stud there would be fantasy gold. This sounds like RBBC at best.

I think we all wanted Houston to take a front line back though. Too bad. A stud there would be fantasy gold. This sounds like RBBC at best.

Kubiak is a disciple of ShannyRat.... no way he was gonna take an RB on the first day....

Slayton is a very good cut back/slash runner though, watched WV a lot the past few years...he's not afraid to hit the hole when he see's it even though he's not that big... his running style with that type of running game, and he could be a decent sleeper if he earns the PT my .02

Rotoworld:

"The Houston Chronicle expects third-round pick Steve Slaton to be the Texans' third-down back as a rookie.

Slaton (5'9/197) might get run over in pass protection. Chris Brown is a pretty good third-down back already and Darius Walker can work those downs too. The Texans have a whole lot of competition at tailback with nothing set in stone.

Source: Houston Chronicle "

I think right now many people are putting McFadden at #2 behind Jonathan Stewart. I don't think that's "hate."

just so happens the thread-starter and another poster put mcfad at 5/6 but most right now i don't think are

Donnie Avery could be a great pick in a dynasty league. U of H does not get the attention of the big schools in Texas thank to Anne Richards. He look really good last year ('06) when he had a QB that could throw the ball. Plus IMO Holt has seen his better day.

Over who? Ward and Holmes are locked in as starters. He's likely to be the 4th WR on his team this year.

Over who? Ward and Holmes are locked in as starters. He's likely to be the 4th WR on his team this year.

You mention two players, then call him the 4th :blink:

He starts over Washington. :mellow:

Gregg Rosenthal's top 40 Link

Overall Top 40

1. Darren McFadden, Raiders

2. Jonathan Stewart, Panthers

3. Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers

4. Matt Forte, Bears

5. Kevin Smith, Lions

6. Felix Jones, Cowboys

7. Devin Thomas, Redskins

8. Matt Ryan, Falcons

9. Limas Sweed, Steelers

10. James Hardy, Bills

11. Chris Johnson, Titans

12. Chad Henne, Dolphins

13. Dustin Keller, Jets

14. Eddie Royal, Broncos

15. Joe Flacco, Ravens

16. Brian Brohm, Packers

17. Ryan Torrain, Broncos

18. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs

19. Steve Slaton, Texans

20. Jerome Simpson, Bengals

21. Jordy Nelson, Packers

22. Mario Manningham, Giants

23. Malcolm Kelly, Redskins

24. John Carlson, Seahawks

25. Early Doucet, Cardinals

26. Ray Rice, Ravens

27. Mike Hart, Colts

28. DeSean Jackson, Eagles

29. Will Franklin, Chiefs

30. Jermichael Finley, Packers

31. Tashard Choice, Cowboys

32. Marcus Thomas, Chargers

33. Donnie Avery, Rams

34. Andre Caldwell, Bengals

35. Earl Bennett, Bears

36. Tim Hightower, Cardinals

37. Chauncey Washington, Jaguars

38. Fred Davis, Redskins

39. John David Booty, Vikings

40. Gary Barnidge, Panthers

You mention two players, then call him the 4th :unsure:

He starts over Washington. :cheers:

Nah, I paid attention to washington quite a bit last year, and the dude gets open. I tried starting a conversation about him in the steelers thread, to see if any other homers thought the same way i did, but they didnt really say either way.

I think washington could be pushing a healthy ward for playing time at the #2 spot by the end of the year. All he really needs is a little work on the hands, everything else is there.

Sweed will have no value this year, unless 2 injuries occur, something that did occur last year for 1 week.

Regardless of where you put them on your list, you have to put Smith above Forte on the list of RBs because Smith will be the #1 guy from day one. Benson has at least proven that he can share the role when he did so with Thomas Jones. The best Forte fans can hope for is to share carries. That and the salary the Bears are paying Benson will force them to play him to at least showcase him for trade opportunities.

Regardless of where you put them on your list, you have to put Smith above Forte on the list of RBs because Smith will be the #1 guy from day one. Benson has at least proven that he can share the role when he did so with Thomas Jones. The best Forte fans can hope for is to share carries. That and the salary the Bears are paying Benson will force them to play him to at least showcase him for trade opportunities.

I agree that Smith is a better bet than Forte for the short term and the long but your argument of Benson proving that he can share the role and thats why Forte should be lower is bogus. If we're talking what has been proven, Tater has proven just as much as Benson.Having said that, they both have proven to pretty much suck and both of these Rookie runners should start very early in the year.

You mention two players, then call him the 4th :blink:

He starts over Washington. :sleep:

Are you familiar with the concept of STARTERS? That means the top two WRs--Ward and Holmes--which Sweed is not one of. Meaning he is NOT a starter. To further emphasize my point, which you seemed to miss, I mentioned that he will likely be 4th on the depth chart this year. What difference does it make if I name Washington or not? Most people know who the 3rd guy is. What are you, 15 years old?

He'll have some impact this year, he's too talented not to. However, he won't have a feature role for at least another year barring injury. Right now I believe him to be a superior WR to Washington, who is talented but has the dropsies. Sweed becomes the eventual successor to Ward.