Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Mid East policy and Israel

What policy is best for America ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What policy is best for America ?

• continued status quo support of Israel
    • A balanced support between Israel and Arab Nations
    • We already Supported Israel now it's dem A-Rabs turn ! Whoo hoo go Sadam !
    • 110 % Israeli support - kill all teh towel heads we see !
    • I spit on teh infidel !
    • What's the middle east ?

Personally I think it is time for the US to take a 50/50 approach to dealing with the middle east instead of a 90 % Israel support and 10 % Arab. I think this is the major thing causing most of our problems in the region and a simple change in gestures here would go a long way to easing US - Arab relations and maybe even lowering oil prices.

I can't see how any money thrown the Arabs way will change anything. They have radicals that hate us no matter what. All the support in the world won't change a thing. They edumacate them young to hate everyone not like them, and that includes other Muslims.

What I find funny is that Israelis are towel heads themselves, they just modified it to look like a beanie. :mellow:

I can't see how any money thrown the Arabs way will change anything. They have radicals that hate us no matter what. All the support in the world won't change a thing. They edumacate them young to hate everyone not like them, and that includes other Muslims.

:mellow:

You can't play the middle ground with the radicals. It's all or nothing. And even if we supported the arabs 100%, it wouldn't be enough in the radicals minds because WE are the devil in their eyes.

You forgot the option 'stay the hell out of it'.

Everyone in favor of continued occupation in Iraq needs to call up their local armed forces recruiter and sign up. National Guard and Army are taking everyone up to 41 and granting waivers for those college educated to get commissioned for OCS.

Great fun and recommended for all Mid-East interventionists! :thumbsup:

No he forgot the option: Nuke them all including Israel :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

No he forgot the option: Nuke them all including Israel :thumbsup:

What we should do is just let em all go at it and put it on Pay Per View.

Personally I think it is time for the US to take a 50/50 approach to dealing with the middle east instead of a 90 % Israel support and 10 % Arab. I think this is the major thing causing most of our problems in the region and a simple change in gestures here would go a long way to easing US - Arab relations and maybe even lowering oil prices.

you're assuming that the Arab nations would be satisfied with 50%. They wouldn't. Look, this is a pretty tribal part of the world. Show me someone who compromised in the Middle East and I'll show you a dead guy.

you're assuming that the Arab nations would be satisfied with 50%. They wouldn't. Look, this is a pretty tribal part of the world. Show me someone who compromised in the Middle East and I'll show you a dead guy.

why wouldn't we try a n even hand for a little while and see where it takes us -- rather than assume it won't do anything ! Being 99% in back of Israel doesn't seem to be helping at all either !

What we should do is just let em all go at it and put it on Pay Per View.

Let me get my popcorn ready :pointstosky:

:pointstosky:

All the money we give to Palestine doesn't exactly do us any good...and is only countered by our support for Israel.

why wouldn't we try a n even hand for a little while and see where it takes us -- rather than assume it won't do anything ! Being 99% in back of Israel doesn't seem to be helping at all either !

Nothing less than the total abscence of western paticipation, and complete elimination of Israel will bring peace to the region. Even if the total elimination of Israel were to actually occur, there would still be unrest and America would still be a target for terrorism. Our support of the house of Saud ensures this...

where were all the crazies then 50 years ago ? Before Israel decided to take back there ancient birth right ?

Nothing less than the total abscence of western paticipation, and complete elimination of Israel will bring peace to the region.

No, then they'd turn on each other. See Iraq.

And that's bad how??

Where is the option to turn the middle east into a glass parking lot?

Actually i vote stay the course, lets occupy iraq for 10 more years and see what comes out of that(seriously).

And that's bad how??

I didn't say it was. Just that even erasing Israel from the map won't create peace in the Middle East.

It would be perhaps...unwise...to assert the situation in Iraq to that as might transpire in Palestine/Israel. To better understand try reading a book called A Peace to End All Peace....its very good... :mad:

It would be perhaps...unwise...to assert the situation in Iraq to that as might transpire in Palestine/Israel.

How about Iraq/Iran? Or Iraq/Kuwait?

Even if every Jew and all Western presence were removed from the Middle East, there wouldn't be peace.

Even if every Jew and all Western presence were removed from the Middle East, there wouldn't be peace.

Iraq/iran? What about them?

Iraq/Kuwait? What about them? Is Saddam going to come from the dead and try to annex Kuwait again? Again, the areas and influences are very unique, and also very fluid.

If you removed Israel, and the US completely removed themselves from the area, there would still be problems, with the US....the situation is far more complex than direct comparisons between empirialistic lines drawn by the british and americans...

There's all kinds of places on the planet that don't have peace unless we intervene.

Should we invade Africa too? Why not Georgia and Chechnyia? Hell, why don't we just invade the world, so we can keep them all in line. And then tell them, "It's because we want to free you".

:mad:

Man some people just don't fuckin get it.

Some famous Israeli guy once said: "If you make nice to the crocodile, he eats you last." Siding with the Arabs would be more or less the same thing. The fact that siding with the Israelis hasn't yielded a nice, clean, peaceful solution (well, ok, ANY solution) is not reason enough to try moving over to the other side. The Israelis may not be perfect, but at least they are rational, and they are not deliberately sending their kids to die as suicide bombers with the expectation that those kids will be better off in the afterworld.

Nothing less than the total abscence of western paticipation, and complete elimination of Israel will bring peace to the region. Even if the total elimination of Israel were to actually occur, there would still be unrest and America would still be a target for terrorism. Our support of the house of Saud ensures this...

Lack of dependence on oil would also help out a lot.