Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

Wings vs. Stars

3 minute mark of the 2nd and it's Detroit 4 Dallas 0

Observations:

Detroit is good

Dallas notches their 1st to at least add some drama to the 3rd period. 4-1 Detroit after two.

Some real observations:

Dallas isn't nearly as aggressive as I figured they would be. Detroit isn't nearly as off their game as I would have expected with the lay off. Turco hasn't had much of a chance on any of these goals but he hasn't made one great save IMO. Dallas D better start moving Holmstrom and Franzen away from the net or this series will be over with quickly.

Dallas notches their 1st to at least add some drama to the 3rd period. 4-1 Detroit after two.

Some real observations:

Dallas isn't nearly as aggressive as I figured they would be. Detroit isn't nearly as off their game as I would have expected with the lay off. Turco hasn't had much of a chance on any of these goals but he hasn't made one great save IMO. Dallas D better start moving Holmstrom and Franzen away from the net or this series will be over with quickly.

:overhead:

feed the mule! :unsure:

27 goals in the last 27 games. Unreal.

Not much of a game really. Perhaps Dallas was lacking in motivation/energy after such a long OT game but this hardly had the feel of a conference finals game. For one game, Dallas was no match here.

Some real observations:

I wouldn't go booking those Finals tickets quite yet. Dallas played by far their worst game of the playoffs - maybe still feeling the effects of the quadruple overtime game. I'd expect a MUCH better showing from them in Game 2. Turco's been arguably the best goalie in the league this year, and has played extremely well in the playoffs so far. He can win a series on his own, never mind with the help of Dallas' trap.

I still think this one's going seven games.

Good Lawd I hate those pole smoking, window licking, short bus riding Dead Wings.

I wouldn't go booking those Finals tickets quite yet. Dallas played by far their worst game of the playoffs - maybe still feeling the effects of the quadruple overtime game. I'd expect a MUCH better showing from them in Game 2. Turco's been arguably the best goalie in the league this year, and has played extremely well in the playoffs so far. He can win a series on his own, never mind with the help of Dallas' trap.

it's not over by any means, but the wings are rolling better right now than i've ever seen them in the past ten years--including the 3 cup years.

dallas has its work cut out of them big time.

Good Lawd I hate those pole smoking, window licking, short bus riding Dead Wings.

don't worry: the salary cap will fix those high-spending red wings!! everyone knows they just buy, buy, buy those cups.

oops!!

:argue:

Oh I agree we haven't seen Dallas's best game, however you can't give away games in the conference finals. Oh and Turco is now 0-8-2 in Detroit. Last time I checked, there will be four games played here. :argue:

You wear that sig well. It's too bad I didn't receive nearly the props I deserved for enacting most of it. :argue: yostevo >>>> than patweiser

Physically, Dallas should be recovered from that 4 OT game, but I somewhat expected a natural drop in intensity. I was just hoping they'd still be in the game when they woke up last night.

Detroit is the better team no doubt. Dallas best shot is not putting Detroit on the power play, even if it means giving up some scoring chances. Then hoping Turco steals 2 games.

Go Stars!

* i think DET is the more talented team and will win the series - thought that going in.

* DAL has to still be feeling the strain from the other night - as well as 2 very emo series in getting here.

* stars got really screwed on 2 early calls. may have not changed the outcome - but you can't just give DET those two calls like that.

* DAL is going to have to step it up and bring the fight to DET, cuz the wings are too damn skilled.

* i think DET is the more talented team and will win the series - thought that going in.

* DAL has to still be feeling the strain from the other night - as well as 2 very emo series in getting here.

* stars got really screwed on 2 early calls. may have not changed the outcome - but you can't just give DET those two calls like that.

* DAL is going to have to step it up and bring the fight to DET, cuz the wings are too damn skilled.

Remove the sketchy penalty call that put the Wings 5 on 3 and the goal where Holmstrom was in the crease interfering, and the game could have theoretically gone either way. Though to me, Dallas was just too listless for it to have mattered. I think this could be one of those series that has the teams flip-flopping wins up until Game 7.

For the record, I think a Wings/Penguins final could be the most entertaining Final in years. In a talent-diluted NHL, this could be just what the doctor ordered.

Remove the sketchy penalty call that put the Wings 5 on 3 and the goal where Holmstrom was in the crease interfering, and the game could have theoretically gone either way. Though to me, Dallas was just too listless for it to have mattered. I think this could be one of those series that has the teams flip-flopping wins up until Game 7.

For the record, I think a Wings/Penguins final could be the most entertaining Final in years. In a talent-diluted NHL, this could be just what the doctor ordered.

I'm a Stars fan, so I am obviously dying for them to beat Detroit.

That said, I agree that Wings vs Pens would be best for the NHL. High scoring, lots of skill. Best team vs the biggest superstar. It's the type series that COULD MAYBEEE help bring the NHL back into the mainstream.

So as long as it's not Wings vs Flyers, I'll be happy in some way.

You wear that sig well. It's too bad I didn't receive nearly the props I deserved for enacting most of it. :wub: yostevo >>>> than patweiser

<_<

Game 2 is always a pivotal game but I sense a bit of urgency even more so than usual for the Stars. They will have to put on their best road show today in an attempt to steal one before going home but........

Detroit 3

Dallas 2

Game 2 is always a pivotal game but I sense a bit of urgency even more so than usual for the Stars. They will have to put on their best road show today in an attempt to steal one before going home but........

Detroit 3 2

Dallas 2 1

Franzen :mad: but.....it's 2-0 :mad:

datsyuk hat trick and the wings go up 3-0 :pointstosky:

man, are they putting on a clinic right now. wow.

Fock that game. Detroit looks so fast against my boys they are going to win the title. Dallas has had chances, but 2 goals ain't going to get it done.

ok...say Ditka puts on skates for the first time and plays the Red Wings by himself...whats the score of the game?

I still gotta go Wings 4 Ditka 2...two goal margin due to an empty netter with 10 seconds left.

Game 4:

Dallas sustained energy that I didn't know they had. Usually they come roaring out of the gates, get frustrated that they don't score subsequently they tire and then go into the tank. Taking the 1st goal off the board for the Wings didn't hurt Dallas's chances and could have changed the whole complexity of the game. Focking refs but what goes around comes around.

Conclusion: Detroit better grab this by the tail in game 5 before it snow balls.

Game 4:

Dallas sustained energy that I didn't know they had. Usually they come roaring out of the gates, get frustrated that they don't score subsequently they tire and then go into the tank. Taking the 1st goal off the board for the Wings didn't hurt Dallas's chances and could have changed the whole complexity of the game. Focking refs but what goes around comes around.

Conclusion: Detroit better grab this by the tail in game 5 before it snow balls.

Game 5: Lethargic and seemingly playin skeered Detroit blows another opp to put it away. The pressure now shifts. Dallas has nothing to lose.

Game 5: Lethargic and seemingly playin skeered Detroit blows another opp to put it away. The pressure now shifts. Dallas has nothing to lose.

If the Stars win Game 6, it would set up a helluva Game 7. :thumbsup:

You should put your mayor in net.

Kwymie Tolliver

:unsure:

You should put your mayor in net.

Kwymie Tolliver

:unsure:

He's good at dodging things, not stopping things.

Game 5: Lethargic and seemingly playin skeered Detroit blows another oppurtunity to put this away.

Game 6 End of the 1st Detroit 3 Dallas 0

Same statement except insert Dallas in for Detroit this time around. Dallas is playing not to lose and they are getting smoked early on. Detroit is playing like it's game 7 already and it shows on the scoreboard.

Dallas better get on the board early in the 2nd or it's over. Nice facial redirection by Draper. Whatever it takes man! :thumbsdown:

Game 6 End of the 1st Detroit 3 Dallas 0

Same statement except insert Dallas in for Detroit this time around. Dallas is playing not to lose and they are getting smoked early on. Detroit is playing like it's game 7 already and it shows on the scoreboard.

Dallas better get on the board early in the 2nd or it's over. Nice facial redirection by Draper. Whatever it takes man! :thumbsdown:

:overhead:

If they go to the cup I'm gonna be piiiiiissed.

:rolleyes:

If they go to the cup I'm gonna be piiiiiissed.

mmmmmuuuuuuaaaahhhaaaaaaaa

Tip of the cap to the stars. Played hard and showed some marbles in the end but we will not be denied. :rolleyes: :doublethumbsup: