Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Braylon Edwards for 2008.....

80 catches over 1200yds and 16tds makes him the #3 point wr for 2007 and is VERY IMPRESSIVE.......

My question for all you fantasy nerds like me is do you take him before the likes of a Fitzy, Colston, TJ, AndreJohnson, Reggie Wayne, etc.

thoughts.....

:thumbsdown:

He had a great year but I think I would take the names listed before him. I'm not really sold on any of the Browns.

80 catches over 1200yds and 16tds makes him the #3 point wr for 2007 and is VERY IMPRESSIVE.......

My question for all you fantasy nerds like me is do you take him before the likes of a Fitzy, Colston, TJ, AndreJohnson, Reggie Wayne, etc.

thoughts.....

:dunno:

I would put edwards above TJ, Fitz, and Colston off of your list. Just below AJ.

Wayne i believe is tier 1 with moss.

I would put edwards above TJ, Fitz, and Colston off of your list. Just below AJ.

Wayne i believe is tier 1 with moss.

maybe its my ultra conservative stupid mind but the qb thing scares me a bit if danderson goes bad to start the season.

tj has carson

fitz has leinhart/warner and is a stud

colston has brees....note...i didnt think he could do it last yr but he must be a product of the system/stud.

ps......dont forget the weather come playoff time... i expect to be there by the way.

braylon smashed my age-old mantra: "all wide receivers from michigan are broke until proven otherwise". unlike his predecessors walker, howard, streets, hayes, and terrell, edwards demonstrated true deep ball skills and scoring capability. [toomer is really the other guy who has had a great career.]

i rank edwards in the top4 right now, behind only moss, TO, and wayne. :lol:

anderson is getting better, and thomas simply opened up their entire playmaking skills by giving stability and protection to the key position---qb; plus, they added stallworth to further stretch the deep coverages. :dunno:

maybe its my ultra conservative stupid mind but the qb thing scares me a bit if danderson goes bad to start the season.

tj has carson

colston has brees....note...i didnt think he could do it last yr but he must be a product of the system/stud.

ps......dont forget the weather come playoff time... i expect to be there by the way.

Yeah, but Anderson have an offensive line in front of him.

braylon smashed my age-old mantra: "all wide receivers from michigan are broke until proven otherwise". unlike his predecessors walker, howard, streets, hayes, and terrell, edwards demonstrated true deep ball skills and scoring capability. [toomer is really the other guy who has had a great career.]

i rank edwards in the top4 right now, behind only moss, TO, and wayne. :bandana:

anderson is getting better, and thomas simply opened up their entire playmaking skills by giving stability and protection to the key position---qb; plus, they added stallworth to further stretch the deep coverages. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Phil Savage has put together one of the best offensive lines in football, and Joe Thomas more than lived up to his billing last year. Savage also addressed the depth of the offensive line over the off-season. Winslow, Edwards, Lewis, Stallworth, Joe J, etc. This offensive will be explosive.

I'm in a keeper and that is my decision.

Edwards, AJ, T.O. at the 3rd pick

Edwards still performed in poor weather and is very young, but all three miss games.

T.O. might be the choice, he produces but do I go for 1-2 years vs. 3-4 potential years of production.

we shall see.

tj has carson

I think anderson is the system player, not edwards, edwards(and the line) make the system, i think he can put up numbers even if DA gets hurt and quinn comes in.

He had a great year but I think I would take the names listed before him. I'm not really sold on any of the Browns.

You're not thinking in the present then. These aren't your older brother's Browns. Their offense is fairly dynamic.

You would take AJ over Braylon? Based on what? Let's not forget Edwards had 16 TD's while AJ is lucky he's had that in 2 seasons combined. AJ just can't stay healthy and unfortunately, we may never see how really special he could be. Sure, AJ could stay healthy and put up monster numbers but how likely is he to play 16 games? Not very likely in my opinion.

Yeah, Anderson did struggle down the stretch last season but that offense should be awesome as their o-line is solid, Jamal Lewis won't be facing many 8 man fronts, Stallworth should be a solid no.2 not to mention Jurevicius who's a solid no.3.

If I remember correctly, Edwards had only 3 games w/out a TD last season. Not many WR's can say that. It's Moss, then Edwards and everyone else.

You would take AJ over Braylon? Based on what?

AJ is a stud, and has proven he can do it with David Carr at QB, something that Steve Smith couldnt even overcome. AJ had the #2 scoring in PPG in my league last year only behind moss.

Thats why i have have AJ barely above edwards.

Don't forget Anthony Carter. Three straight 1000+ yard season which would have been four if not for the strike in 1987, the year he averaged 24.3 (!) yards per reception.

Don't forget Anthony Carter. Three straight 1000+ yard season which would have been four if not for the strike in 1987, the year he averaged 24.3 (!) yards per reception.

:pointstosky:

basically, few and far between.

I have Edwards in the same tier as AJ, Fitz and Colston. They are all extremely talented and I think it just comes down to personal preference. I think those guys are a slight notch ahead of TJ.

They all have some negatives associated with them..AJ's injuries are a concern, but as pointed out, he puts up great PPGs. Without the injuries he could be in that upper tier with Wayne. Braylon has only done it for one season, before this season there were talks about him being a bust etc. I'd like to see him repeat it. Colston seems to be nicked up, but I like his QB situation and the offense he is in. I think Fitz's only drawback right now is the QB situation....who's going to be throwing to him and if it's Leinart is he going to make that jump to being a bona fide starter.

Bottom line...all good, just pick who you like

Rock solid O-line,Balanced offence and addition of Stallworth.....Braylon will duplicate if not surrpass the #'s last year

Braylon is definitely a top tier WR. Only Moss, TO, and Wayne will almost always be selected before him. Of the next group I think he's right there with Smith, AJ, and Fitz.

The addition of Stallworth will help.......for the 7 games he appears in. Also, Cleveland did make an effort to upgrade their Defense. If they play better, the Browns won't be involved in as many shootouts as in '07.

In total, the Browns have a good offense. The one piece I have concerns about is Anderson. He tailed off toward the end of last season. Could have been bad weather. Could have been opposing defenses getting a better read on him. Whatever the case, I'm skeptical.

Edwards is the one Cleveland player that has a realistic shot at duplicating last years numbers.

He is definitely a top tier WR in terms of talent and skills.

Unlike most, I think the Browns peaked last season and are in for a rough ride in 08.

AJ is a stud, and has proven he can do it with David Carr at QB, something that Steve Smith couldnt even overcome. AJ had the #2 scoring in PPG in my league last year only behind moss.

If you consider AJ a stud, then Braylon is a superstar. Edwards is only in his 4th year and might even get better and you wonder if AJ will get any better.

16 tds is 16tds....... :banana:

:banana:

Edwards is the one Cleveland player that has a realistic shot at duplicating last years numbers.

He is definitely a top tier WR in terms of talent and skills.

Unlike most, I think the Browns peaked last season and are in for a rough ride in 08.

You could be right about Cleveland peaking as they have a very tough schedule. If I remember correctly, only Pittsburgh's schedule is tougher. I still wonder how Anderson as he din't look sharp at season's end whether it be his first full season playing or did defenses figure him out.

I'm sorry but, to me, there is only ONE WR in the first tier. There's Moss in the first tier....then everyone else. Wayne, Fitz, Edwards all in second tier. Just as in QBs...there's Brady in first then everyone else. And I hate the Pats, but that's how it is...

16 tds is 16tds....... :ninja:

16 tds was abit of a fluke, there is very little chance he does anything like that this year. Just my opinion of course but I think he will be good not great. Give him 80 1200 10 tds.

I also think he has a lower floor than most of the big name WR's, if DA is'nt that good this year then the numbers could go way down.

I'm sorry but, to me, there is only ONE WR in the first tier. There's Moss in the first tier....then everyone else. Wayne, Fitz, Edwards all in second tier. Just as in QBs...there's Brady in first then everyone else. And I hate the Pats, but that's how it is...

It's all about semantics I guess, but to me a 'tier 1' WR is a guy I can put in there every week regardless of matchups AND he produces most weeks. These are the guys you can pair up with the Lee Evanses of the NFL and still be competitive.

Moss is the best/most productive WR right now, but I wouldn't hesitate in taking Wayne, TO, Fitz, AJ, SS, or Edwards. All these guys are studs.

i personally rate braylon edwards 4th or 5th (90catches for 1300yds and 11-14 td's) 5 years from now he, fitz, and aj will be top 3 :headbanger:

Let's not forget here that Anderson was a nobody coming into 2007 as Quinn and Frye were ahead of them on the depth although that did change quickly.

I like AJ and think he'll have a decent year but he always seems to get hurt and miss at least a few games. I'd love to see AJ be healthy for an entire season as he does have the potential to put up huge numbers. Would you say anotehr reason you have AJ ahead of Braylon is because Braylon's numbers will decrease due to Stallworth's presence and tougher schedule coupled with AJ staying healthy for 16 games and putting up monster numbers?

You're not thinking in the present then. These aren't your older brother's Browns. Their offense is fairly dynamic.

They have only had one good year. Not to bash Braylon but he has only had one good year. Anderson has only had one good year and Quinn is getting payed to much to stay on the bench. Jamal is old, he has a ring, and has gotten played.

They have only had one good year. Not to bash Braylon but he has only had one good year. Anderson has only had one good year and Quinn is getting payed to much to stay on the bench. Jamal is old, he has a ring, and has gotten played.

I keep hearing this but I don't think it's true. I believe Anderson is making more than Quinn so he is getting paid to much to be on the bench.

I have Edwards ranked #4.

I wouldn't take him over Wayne or Fitz, but I'd take him right after and be pretty happy with it. I think he's for real...the real question is Derek Anderson. And if Derek Anderson was a fluke, how good is Brady Quinn?

I didn't like any of The Browns' offseason moves, but they are working from a pretty solid base from last year, so it should be hard to fock it up. They'll win 10 games again, but that'll be enough this season.

with 16 tds he must have been a redzone target too. That is hard to believe with jamlewis running it in from the 1yd line so much. The browns must have scored alot of points last yr.

was that due to having a pourous def and trying to keep up?

will the browns still give up alot of points despite picking up some def lineman free agents to upgrade the def?

thoughts? :unsure:

Just to throw this into the mix, the Plain Dealer said that DA looked great in OTAs this week.

with 16 tds he must have been a redzone target too. That is hard to believe with jamlewis running it in from the 1yd line so much. The browns must have scored alot of points last yr.

was that due to having a pourous def and trying to keep up?

will the browns still give up alot of points despite picking up some def lineman free agents to upgrade the def?

thoughts? :thumbsdown:

I would think the Browns D will be better this year as they acquired Rogers and Williams to anchor the d-line although they did lose Bodden to Detroit in the Rogers trade. However, the Browns do play a tougher schedule and some people think Anderson may be a fluke. He certainly struggled down the stretch last season so you wonder if teams may have started to figure him out.