Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

7th Round Commentary

I expect Berrian to really breakout nxt year, though with a running game like the Vikes have it could be sooner. What do your facts and figures have to say about breakout canidates that move to NEW teams?

Bulger's 07 season was an aberration IMO. He still has Holt and SJax to dump the ball to. And he consistently averaged ~20pts/gm in the 5 seasons before 07. Yes, the injury factor is a concern but if he returns to form, he'll be a hell of a QB2.

I like the Bulger pick here. Good chance he will revert back to 2006 form after the injury. Some risk, but a great 7th round value. Who else would you take anyhow and you may as well get your second QB before Clash gets his first!

I am leaving my computer on Tuesday morning (may or may not have access) and I was hoping this was going to be completed by then, but with the slowness of this weekend's drafting, it may not. Let's wait and see, but if not, I will send JetDoc my instructions and picks.

Bulger was a better pick than any other position left on the board for JScott. All it came down to was preference, and I prefered 2 others first, but those two had never reached Bulger's prowess in the past. JScott is ahead of the game and doesn't need to draft need anymore.

I like the Bulger pick here. Good chance he will revert back to 2006 form after the injury. Some risk, but a great 7th round value. Who else would you take anyhow and you may as well get your second QB before Clash gets his first!

Truthfully QB was an after thought. I was eying WR and Berrian particularly (*) but after he went no other WR really stood out of the few I have remaining at the current tier. Figured I can still get one of them after the turn if I wanted. But as you said with Clash not having a QB, I looked there. I think Bulger is flying under the radar to some extent because of his 07 numbers/injury but as a late 7th he's well worth the risk.

Bulger was a better pick than any other position left on the board for JScott. All it came down to was preference, and I prefered 2 others first, but those two had never reached Bulger's prowess in the past. JScott is ahead of the game and doesn't need to draft need anymore.

I think I might know one of your other 2, but I'll be curious to see who's on your list. There's another QB who I think could put up similar #s to Bulger but IMO that QB can be had later.

I think I might know one of your other 2, but I'll be curious to see who's on your list. There's another QB who I think could put up similar #s to Bulger but IMO that QB can be had later.

I see two others in THAT category. They will both out point many taken, but can last another round or so. There are 4 I have above Bulger this season........................and it's all about his health, but he is your #2.

I would like to ask a "mock strategy" question here: I have a particular player I am very interested in where he is slected so I can determine where I need to select him in my real drafts. Do I wait in our JetDoc mock and see, or do I select him when I normally would in my drafting process here?

If I wait, it could mess with all of you who are also possibly waiting on the same thing. Just a theoretical question.

This isn't real :cheers:

Seriously though.............either grab him to keep it real here, or go to an ADP site and look it up. Seems to me, if you like someone....take him, as that keeps it real!

bulger is the QB i thought about taking at 7.4 as i was surprised to still see him there at that point. but the truth is i dont really care for him at all, and hes in a tier with about 9 other equal QBs, and toward the bottom of that tier with the injury situation pending as well. i really wouldve taken him only to "look good" for a mock. in real life, it would never have been a consideration, so i didnt take him here.

regarding berrian... good luck. apprently you havent seen minnesota play recently. hes my #37 WR with about 110 points, and even with that i bet 2/3 of it will come in about four games, so good luck guessing when to play him. as a vikings fan, im happy we got him. as a fantasy fan, hes off my radar.

and let me guess, clash was 2 and 3 picks away and didnt bother sending anyone a list so now we wait all day indefinitely for him.

and let me guess, clash was 2 and 3 picks away and didnt bother sending anyone a list so now we wait all day indefinitely for him.

Can someone e-mail or call Clash to get him to make his 2 picks??

LOL

I actually didn't know Berrian was with Vikes...just not as up on all offseason moves as I should be.

Apparently as I get older...please excuse the blasmephous statement...following ff/NFL, particularly during offseason, becomes slightly less a priority each year.

I'll actually have to look at my data closer to find out about breakout WRs that go to new teams, but I wouldn't change the pick just b/c he's with Vikes.

Think they went thru similar qb problems, which I think will settle in this year. Vikes QB has shown flashes and with running game, think will open passing game. Leading vikes WR had just 50odd recs/600yds...and he and other WRs not nearly the talent/ability of Berrian. He will become a go to guy IMO.

Also like the Bulger pick...admittedly not especially high on him, as IMO he's consistently over-rated each year and his injury history, but he fits a stragety I often employ....be amongst the last to pick a starting qb, but amongst the first to pick a b/up qb. They are usually both risk/reward guys with idea that at least one will pan out, if both you're gold.

I would have strongly considered Bulger on way back if still available.

Think they went thru similar qb problems, which I think will settle in this year. Vikes QB has shown flashes and with running game, think will open passing game. Leading vikes WR had just 50odd recs/600yds...and he and other WRs not nearly the talent/ability of Berrian. He will become a go to guy IMO.

I'd say Sydney Rice is more talented. He was looking pretty good, once he got over the rookie jitters and before he got hurt. He also started looking like a Randy Moss type in the endzone, with his size and leaping ability.

I'd say Sydney Rice is more talented.

We'll have to agree to disagree...I think Berrian is more talented overall, and definitely at this pt in their careers.

Rice may be better down the road, but don't see him outproducing Berrian this year.

i dont see any scenario where either of them will be relevant in the fantasy world this year.

i dont see any scenario where either of them will be relevant in the fantasy world this year.

in interest of learning, this is second time you've pted this out.

Why? B/c of young qb? emphasis on running game? other?

With the running game they have, one of them is going put up valid #2 #'s, the question is will one catch fire and come close to #1's. I don't see that, as they will run out games they lead in, and they have a very fine defense which is getting better by the second. If I were to choose one for this year it would be %$&. I watche dhim in a Packer game last year and he had some great grabs. I especially remember the one over top of a pro-bowl DB! He will definitly impact the endzone more, and that's likely the difference.

in interest of learning, this is second time you've pted this out.

Why? B/c of young qb? emphasis on running game? other?

the same reason why we are not the favorite to win the super bowl right now - tarvaris jackson. the run game isnt going to be any better than last year, and look at the WR numbers there:

wade - 54 rec, 647 yds, 3 TD

rice - 31 rec, 396 yds, 4 TD

ferguson - 32 rec, 291 yds, 1 TD

williamson - 18 rec, 240 yds, 1 TD

pretty special, huh? and that included 130 throws by holcomb and bollinger, who are more pocket passer types.

ive seen more than a fair share of long bomb sure thing TDs bounce off williamson's hands, and berrian is going to catch some of those this year. so 3 or 4 games he'll be worth a start, but you'll never know which. the rest of the time, i'll go ahead and guess you're looking at more of that mess above. and as for rice, he's looking like a good red zone target but again you'll never know when his 4-6 TDs will happen. a fantasy nightmare.

I would like to ask a "mock strategy" question here: I have a particular player I am very interested in where he is slected so I can determine where I need to select him in my real drafts. Do I wait in our JetDoc mock and see, or do I select him when I normally would in my drafting process here?

If I wait, it could mess with all of you who are also possibly waiting on the same thing. Just a theoretical question.

You need to manage your team (i.e. value, desires, needs) as if you were drafting for real.

So, if there is someone that you really, really like but you think it's too early to take him, you need to weigh the risks and rewards in your mind. Chances are someone else might be thinking the same thing about that person, so taking him "early" may not be so early after all.