Sign in to follow this  
FBH **

What is the Best Site to House a League On

Guys,

I am just wondering which sites you guys use. And Why. We have been using CBS for about two seasons, after switching several times over the past 7 years. We were not satisfied with their software last season and want to move to a better software package and if we can save money that would be nice too. We are considering RTS but I am not sure that that is the best option. Can anyone weigh in with different opinions. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

i just switched my league to espn and can't find anything wrong with it. Has free stat tracker and it is free to create the league. Almost everything in the league is also customizable; playoffs, schedule, divisions. Plus our league is a bunch of friends and the message boards allow you to post youtube videos and images which is fun.

Guys,

I am just wondering which sites you guys use. And Why. We have been using CBS for about two seasons, after switching several times over the past 7 years. We were not satisfied with their software last season and want to move to a better software package and if we can save money that would be nice too. We are considering RTS but I am not sure that that is the best option. Can anyone weigh in with different opinions. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Played 1 year CBS, 1 year Fanball, and this will be my second year with RTS. RTS with its 20% loyalty discount only cost our league like 71.00. The price is right. The customer sevice has been top notch and the site has everything our keeper league needs.

No complaints about CBS. But for the money I get everything at RTS for about half the price. Fanball, no complaints other than the real time scoring was a bit slow but for the money, you get what you pay for.

Of the three, I think RTS is user friendly and offers everything any league would need. Now some people swear by MFL because you get more bells and whistles, but I didn't like the feel of it when I went there to set up a demo league. Good luck!

I've used all those leagues and none of them compare to myfantasyleague.com. They offer early bird specials as well not to mention the options that are available to the commish and the owners. Take a look at them, they will let you set up your league with your scoring system and all for free and then let you decide if you want to keep it after you see how it looks. :banana:

Just left Fanball for CBS. Fanball had draft room issues, and they did not convince me they had them resolved. Paid the extra money for reliability and peace of mind for my keeper league.

Fanball was fine for day-to-day league management, a little muddled with the presentation and software. Still in a offline keeper draft on Fanball, so we expect no issues cause we aren't using the draft room.

CBS handles everything great, but you pay the premium.

In a third league on Yahoo Plus, seems like a complete waste of money. NOt much different than the free package...

MFL for sure. I am in 3 leagues on MFL and I am in 2 leagues on sportsline. I am the commish of one of the cbs and getting it switched this season and trying to get the commish of the other to switch next season. MFL is great for redraft as well as keeper/dynasty leagues. Great options and the software is great!

I've been using CBS for about 7 years and havn't found anything better. To me it is worth the little bit extrs $.

I've had a league on CBS since their inception - it is a great site, although way overpriced.

The 3 dynasty leagues I am in are all with MFL - the best site for a dynasty league (and possibly the best site overall). Good price as well. Some people don't like the setup and/or don't have the time or desire to customize their MFL site.

I've been in leagues hosted on:

ESPN (awful, but it was their first year - maybe they have improved since then)

RTS (not bad, I prefer MFL)

YAHOO (personally, I hate the layout/setup)

tried espn, nfl.com, cbs, fox, yahoo, and fanball, and using fanstar last 5 years. fanstar has free demo to try and very customizable. they are partnering with fantasyfootball.com this year. I do think i will check out myfantasyleague.com, i keep hearing great things about it.

I have 1 dynasty and 2 keepers at MFL (1 of the keepers I commish).

I recommend them. Very good site. I have also heard really good stuff about RTS. But have no experience with them myself.

I do always keep them in mind as a backup plan should something happen though.

we use rtsports for awhile now with no complaints. Easy to use and has plenty of features. Real time scoring which is pretty good.

I've never used ESPN or RTS.

I have used CBS, AOL, and MFL. My fantasyleague.com is my favorite. It lacks the flash of the corporate sites, but the functionality, versatility, and flexibility earn high marks.