Sign in to follow this  
pimptastic69

I worked on the Extreme Makeover house last night

The show is doing a house not too far from mine. My mom made some stuff for the master bedroom and asked if I wanted to install the head boards.

The head boards were about 5 feet tall and spanned the length of the room (about 15 feet). Michael (the ghey dude) failed to take into account the outlets on the wall when he designed these monstrosities. Finally he just said "Fock it. :mad: Just put them up higher." He actually was pretty cool.

It's impressive that the contractors work so fast, but if they would slow down just a smidge, they wouldn't do near as much damage to the place. The dudes from Sears installed the plasma TV too high on the wall, so they take off the tv and pretty much rip the bracket out of the wall leaving 4 huge holes. Instead of saying anything, they just reinstall the bracket lower, remount the TV and call it a day. Same guys destroyed the wall in the living room. :banana: You know you're gonna have to take the TV's down so they can repair the wall. You might as well just store them somewhere.

The boy's room is pretty greta. They airbrushed Great American Ballpark on his walls and put AstroTurf on the floor.

It was pretty cool, except for the 9 hours I spent when it should've taken about 2.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you were Ty's masseuse. I wouldn't be all that proud. :banana:

nice job

So you were Ty's masseuse. I wouldn't be all that proud. :mad:

nice job

He's looney tunes. He gets his camera time then dissappears to his trailer.

And there was a masseuse available for the volunteers. :banana:

Imagine my shock..... :wall:

And there was a masseuse available for the volunteers. :wall:

Did he give you a nice "rub?"

ETA: My wife adores that show, by the way. When she's intent on watching it, I have to use a crowbar to separate her from the couch.

Rats ass, I know.

But did you know, that the family doesn't have to pay taxes on this crap? Apparently, there is some kind of loophole where the family leases the house for 2 weeks, and can then purchase it for $1. From what I gather, they get everything tax free.

I thought that was pretty cool. I always wondered what the hell happened after the trucks left and the family is stuck with a $100,000 tax bill. Guess it doesn't happen in this case.

At least until the state of Ohio has their say. (Family will prolly be homeless in 2 weeks.)

Why the fock do the call it a makeover when they tear down the old house and build a new one? That's like shooting and burying your wife, marrying a twenty year old, and saying "she got some work done". Not a bad idea mind you, just saying.

Why the fock do the call it a makeover when they tear down the old house and build a new one? That's like shooting and burying your wife, marrying a twenty year old, and saying "she got some work done". Not a bad idea mind you, just saying.

I think the original show may not have had the budget it does now...but they actually renovated the existing homes rather than totally tearing them down.

I think as they have gone on and gotten bigger...they have also run into more homes that simply could not be saved so they have had to tear them down.

Rats ass, I know.

But did you know, that the family doesn't have to pay taxes on this crap? Apparently, there is some kind of loophole where the family leases the house for 2 weeks, and can then purchase it for $1. From what I gather, they get everything tax free.

I thought that was pretty cool. I always wondered what the hell happened after the trucks left and the family is stuck with a $100,000 tax bill. Guess it doesn't happen in this case.

At least until the state of Ohio has their say. (Family will prolly be homeless in 2 weeks.)

Many of these families end up having to sell the house or lose it anyway. Nobody bothers to consider how these poor families are now going to be able to afford to keep these huge, new homes running.

I mean, when you go from a decrepit shack to a McMansion, your water and energy bills tend to go up just a tad.

Many of these families end up having to sell the house or lose it anyway. Nobody bothers to consider how these poor families are now going to be able to afford to keep these huge, new homes running.

I mean, when you go from a decrepit shack to a McMansion, your water and energy bills tend to go up just a tad.

This one was a far cry from a decrepit shack. It was a pretty normal home (bi-level) just not practical for the family living in it because of the circumstances of their kids.

I think the original show may not have had the budget it does now...but they actually renovated the existing homes rather than totally tearing them down.

I think as they have gone on and gotten bigger...they have also run into more homes that simply could not be saved so they have had to tear them down.

Yeah, and it's often simpler, faster, and sometimes even cheaper, just to tear down and start over.

I heard the exact same thing. There was a house that appeared earlier this year that a lot of folks I know worked on. They said that most of the "actors" just show up periodically and really don't do anything but act like primadonnas.

Did you all see me last night? Me neither. :dunno:

At least the h0mo got 10 minutes of camera time destroying the Sears display making a milkshake.

Rats ass, I know.

Many of them piss it away within a few years and are back to the poor house.

The sad part to me is the BS story that you have to have to even be considered.

If you are not disabled, don't have an adopted child, or haven't lost your job due to GWBush, you don't get considered.

Many of them piss it away within a few years and are back to the poor house.

The sad part to me is the BS story that you have to have to even be considered.

If you are not disabled, don't have an adopted child, or haven't lost your job due to GWBush, you don't get considered.

Yeah...I mean how dare they reward some of these people for actually helping out others even when they themselves need help at times.