Sign in to follow this  
kmbryant09

PPR Running Back Rankings

1/2 PPR RB rankings:

1. L.T. - enough said

2. S Jackson - with Pace back, his OLine should be better, and he's a beast when healthy (also catches ~70 balls)

3. Westbrook - plenty of catches and yards, doesn't score enough to get top 2 spot

4. A.P. - some injury concerns, no passing game, and doesn't catch much at all knock him down a few spots

5. Barber III - Has a nose for the endzone and will get plenty of carries this year (260+), also plenty of catches

6. Addai - being on an explosive team really helps, but should lose some TDs/touches with Rhodes and Harrison back

7. L. Johnson - OLine will be much improved, and he's a stud with even a below average line; 100% healthy and will receive 320-360 touches easily

8. Gore - obvious upgrade with Martz and 1/2 PPR, but never scores and is on terrible offense; not sure how much Martz will help the running game

9. C. Portis - strong season last year should continue, but probably will lose some carries in the WCO

10. M. JonesDrew - scores TDs with the best of them, and last year was a disappointment (1200 total and 10); will get more touches even if F.T. is healthy

11. R. Bush - will probably only have 700 rush yards and 5-6 TDs, but a lock for another 70-80 catches, 500yards and 3-5 TDs

12. J. Lewis - looks young and fresh behind the best OLine in football; doesn't catch a lot, but did have 2 receiving TDs last year

13. R. Grant - not sure how much room he'll have to run with Favre gone; his success depends on Rodgers'

14. McGahee - Mr. Consistency may not find too many holes with this OLine and QB play, but Cam Cameron can only help...

15. B. Jacobs - should remain fresh in a limited carries role (230-260), which means he should continue his production (80 and a TD per game)

Thoughts and other rankings??

Not a bad list.

I'd definitely have Portis higher.

McGahee Should be lower.

I like LJ and MB3, but I'd move them down a bit.

I'm not sold on Grant.

I'd include Lynch instead of Grant.

I like Turner and Forte as dark horses to crack the top 15 as well.

Fixed

1. L.T. - enough said

2. Westbrook - plenty of catches and yards, nuff said

3. S Jackson - too many question marks around this team

4. A.P. - some injury concerns, no passing game, and doesn't catch much at all knock him down a few spots

5. Addai - being on an explosive team really helps, but should lose some TDs/touches with Rhodes and Harrison back

6. Gore - 80 receptions this year with Martz

7. C. Portis - may lose carries but will make it up with many more receptions in WCO

8. Barber III - Has a nose for the endzone and will get plenty of carries this year (260+), also plenty of catches

9. L. Johnson - OLine will be much improved, and he's a stud with even a below average line; 100% healthy and will receive 320-360 touches easily

10. M. JonesDrew - scores TDs with the best of them, and last year was a disappointment (1200 total and 10); will get more touches even if F.T. is healthy

11. R. Bush - will probably only have 700 rush yards and 5-6 TDs, but a lock for another 70-80 catches, 500yards and 3-5 TDs

12. R. Grant - not sure how much room he'll have to run with Favre gone; his success depends on Rodgers'

AVOID THESE RBs - in PPR scoring format they are not as valuable - better to grab your elite WR instead of these guys as your 2nd RB

13. J. Lewis - looks young and fresh behind the best OLine in football; doesn't catch a lot, but did have 2 receiving TDs last year

14. McGahee - Mr. Consistency may not find too many holes with this OLine and QB play, but Cam Cameron can only help...

15. B. Jacobs - should remain fresh in a limited carries role (230-260), which means he should continue his production (80 and a TD per game)

Fixed

1. L.T. - enough said

5. Addai - being on an explosive team really helps, but should lose some TDs/touches with Rhodes and Harrison back

7. C. Portis - may lose carries but will make it up with many more receptions in WCO

8. Barber III - Has a nose for the endzone and will get plenty of carries this year (260+), also plenty of catches

9. L. Johnson - OLine will be much improved, and he's a stud with even a below average line; 100% healthy and will receive 320-360 touches easily

12. R. Grant - not sure how much room he'll have to run with Favre gone; his success depends on Rodgers'

AVOID THESE RBs - in PPR scoring format they are not as valuable - better to grab your elite WR instead of these guys as your 2nd RB

13. J. Lewis - looks young and fresh behind the best OLine in football; doesn't catch a lot, but did have 2 receiving TDs last year

AVOID J. Lewis?? Last year in this 1/2 PPR league he finished 5th out of RBs...I wouldn't say avoid that, especially because he is falling a bit this year...McGahee in PPR formats actually may have some added value. He caught 43 balls last year, and he now has Cam Cameron as his OC. The same guy who had R. Brown catch 39 balls or so through 6.5 games last year...

My only 2 complaints though are Gore and Portis. I don't get why Gore is a lock for 70+ catches this year with Martz. How many did the Detroit RBs catch last year under Martz?? His offense doesn't focus around dumpoffs to the RB, no matter how much he says it will center around Gore. And with NO quarterback, defenses will put 8 in the box, stuff the run, and limit any gains on the little dumpoffs. I just don't see the 49ers moving the ball enough this year for Gore to be #6 when all is said and done. Portis pretty much reached his limits last year. He fought off injury problems and an overpaid but still talented backup to be productive. He has a tendency to get knicked up a bit causing him to miss part or all of some games. And with a new OC, I'm not convinced he'll get nearly as many touches as he did last year...

Anyone tempted to put McFadden up on this list?? I feel like rookies are getting more hype this year simply because of AP's rookie campaign, but McFadden might be just as talented. His OLine is pretty solid, and we discovered last year that Oakland CAN and WILL run the ball...I mean they turned Fargas into a 1,000 yard runner, imagine what a talented back can do. He won't get more than ~200-220 carries, but should catch a lot of balls too as he is versatile. I could see a statline of 210 carries for 1,000 and 7-8 TDs with 40 catches 450 yards and 1-2 TDs...This would probably be borderline 12-15 RB area, something similar to what MJD did last year. But i get the feeling that if this guy produces in the first few games/opportunities, he could be in store for 300+ touch season (didn't mention it but i know the inherint risks with a rookie RB)...THOUGHTS??

Fixed

1. L.T. - enough said

Good List.

Anyone tempted to put McFadden up on this list?? I feel like rookies are getting more hype this year simply because of AP's rookie campaign, but McFadden might be just as talented. His OLine is pretty solid, and we discovered last year that Oakland CAN and WILL run the ball...I mean they turned Fargas into a 1,000 yard runner, imagine what a talented back can do. He won't get more than ~200-220 carries, but should catch a lot of balls too as he is versatile. I could see a statline of 210 carries for 1,000 and 7-8 TDs with 40 catches 450 yards and 1-2 TDs...This would probably be borderline 12-15 RB area, something similar to what MJD did last year. But i get the feeling that if this guy produces in the first few games/opportunities, he could be in store for 300+ touch season (didn't mention it but i know the inherint risks with a rookie RB)...THOUGHTS??

My gut feeling is that Fargas is going to get plenty of work which makes the McFadden pick very risky to me.

I also lean toward Kings fix list and I do see gore with a very nice year ahead.

However, Lynch should be added in the back half of the group.

I think the deficiencies in the rest of McFaddens game will keep him off the field more than people expect, particularly the fumbles and poor blocking skills. Here's my stab...

1. LT - most versatile and best over back

2. Westbrook - best pass catching back, maybe ever

3. S. Jackson - Do it all workhorse, injuries and bad Oline are a concern

4. Portis - reportedly taking offseason more seriously, will get lots of touches in WCO

5. L. Johnson - Still going to probably log at last 350 touches

6. Addai - Addition of Rhodes hurts his 3rd down value

7. A. Peterson - Will have lower highs and higher lows this year to be more consistent

8. R. Bush - Was injured last year, I look for a bounce back especially w/ Shockey pulling covg

9. Barber III - Not sure if he can handle full load the whole year, but very versatile.

10. McGahee - Expecting a big year for Willis w/ Cam Cameron running the offense, but beware Ray Rice

11. Lynch - Was borderline #1RB in PPR last year, bigger role this year, high ceiling if you ask me

12. MJD - Still not getting enough touches to warrant full #1RB draft spot

13. Gore - I don't buy into the Martz offensive scheme. Gore isn't Faulk and isn't gonna put up Faulk #'s.

14. R. Grant - beware the holdout though

15. Jonathan Stewart - great all around back, will take time to acclimate but should win out over Williams.

My gut feeling is that Fargas is going to get plenty of work which makes the McFadden pick very risky to me.

I also lean toward Kings fix list and I do see gore with a very nice year ahead.

However, Lynch should be added in the back half of the group.

Good catch - I left Lynch off my list, he should be around #9-10 range.

My projected top 31 PPR players include these 15 RBs:

1. LT

2. Westy

3.S. Jax

(Brady)

4. Gore

5. ADP

(Moss)

6. Addai

( A.J., Wayne, Colston, Peyton)

7. Portis

8. Bush

9 Barber

10. Lynch

(Edwards, Fitz, CJ, TO, S.Smith)

11. MJD

12. Grant

13. McGahee

(Holt, Boldin, Welker, Housh, Marshall)

14. Turner

15. Ronnie Brown

Obviously i value quality WRs very highly in PPR.

My projected top 31 PPR players include these 15 RBs:

1. LT

2. Westy

3.S. Jax

(Brady)

4. Gore

5. ADP

(Moss)

6. Addai

( A.J., Wayne, Colston, Peyton)

7. Portis

8. Bush

9 Barber

10. Lynch

(Edwards, Fitz, CJ, TO, S.Smith)

11. MJD

12. Grant

13. McGahee

(Holt, Boldin, Welker, Housh, Marshall)

14. Turner

15. Ronnie Brown

Obviously i value quality WRs very highly in PPR.

Madd further,

I wouldnt take Brady at 3 unless it was a QB heavy league.

As far as the WRS are concerned, are they your rankings in a 0.5 ppr scoring format (just want to make sure I follow you)?

I never played in a 1.0 ppr league, but I assume it would be huge difference in ranking WRs and want to make sure again I am following along.

Madd further,

I wouldnt take Brady at 3 unless it was a QB heavy league.

As far as the WRS are concerned, are they your rankings in a 0.5 ppr scoring format (just want to make sure I follow you)?

I never played in a 1.0 ppr league, but I assume it would be huge difference in ranking WRs and want to make sure again I am following along.

Finished all my projections this week end, with just a few changes to this order. Brady is now 4th on my list behind Gore, But still ahead of ADP. This is based on projected point differential between QBs, and my projections are still quite a bit lower than his last year's performance. I don't know what my draft position is yet, but either I get Brady or perhaps Peyton, or I will wait until about round 8 and pick up a Cutler and back him up with maybe Garrard.

After you get past Romo and Brees who are going at ADPs far higher than their point differential with QBs below them, there isn't much difference between the next 10 QBs, and round 8 is where I expect to get some good value at QB. But neither Brady or Peyton is really a reach based on the projections.

And yes, we play a full 1.0 PPR. BTW, I'd rank marshall much higher based on projections, but I expect him to be suspended from 2-4 games. The kid is a monster who doesnt have his head screwed on straight at all, so he is actually downgraded due to risk factor.

Finished all my projections this week end, with just a few changes to this order. Brady is now 4th on my list behind Gore, But still ahead of ADP. This is based on projected point differential between QBs, and my projections are still quite a bit lower than his last year's performance. I don't know what my draft position is yet, but either I get Brady or perhaps Peyton, or I will wait until about round 8 and pick up a Cutler and back him up with maybe Garrard.

After you get past Romo and Brees who are going at ADPs far higher than their point differential with QBs below them, there isn't much difference between the next 10 QBs, and round 8 is where I expect to get some good value at QB. But neither Brady or Peyton is really a reach based on the projections.

And yes, we play a full 1.0 PPR. BTW, I'd rank marshall much higher based on projections, but I expect him to be suspended from 2-4 games. The kid is a monster who doesnt have his head screwed on straight at all, so he is actually downgraded due to risk factor.

madd...

My league is also 1.0 PPR, 10 teams. Outside of the QB, TE, DST and K.....we start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex (RB/WR). Standard scoring for everything (6pt per rush/rec and 4 for passing TD's) with one catch....no negatives for interceptions for the QB's.

Wondering...would you make that flex a 3rd wide receiver? Also.....how would the scoring system effect how you would draft a QB. For the record in all the mocks I've done I've been waiting til the 8th/9th and targetting the same guys you mentioned....just wanted someone else's opinion.

Im my leagues, flex means either RB or WR - I draft RBs, WR, amd TE (1 of which is mandatory) based PURELY on projections of yards, receptions, and TDs. Obviously I make sure I balance my team so I have about 4-5 rbs and 5-6 WRs, 1-2 TEs, 1-2 QBs, 1K, and 1 D/ST based on a 16 player roster. So I usually draft by projections the player on the board with the highest projected fantasy points on the board when the draft gets to me.

I draft QBs quite differently. I use my projections for QB to look at fantasy point differential between QBs, and then compare them with their ADP (using Antsports orequivalent). Obviously PPRs scoring does not impact QBs, but whether your league pays 4 or 6 points per touchdown does make a difference in your projections as does the amount of the penalty for INTs.

Then i judge whether the projected point differential justifies their ADP. As previously stated, I believe Brady is a value greater than all but the very top RBs (projected at or above 300 fantasy points in my PPR scoring system) and equal to Randy Moss. (I could make a good argument than Moss' projected fantasy numbers make a great argument for drafting Moss higher than Brady - tough choice.) There is a separation between Brees & Romo and the rest of the pack, but not enough to justify drafting them at their current 3rd round ADP, when I can wait til round 8 and get value, and get stronger players in the 1st 7 rounds (assuming I don't take Brady or Peyton early). I hope you followed this logic.

I draft D/ST similar to QB. It is my judgment that SD, MINN, and maybe CHI justify being drafted early (Antsports ADPs put both SD and MINN in the 7th round. If you judge that they will justify their differential from drafting most other D/STs in round 14-15, then you draft them there. If either SD or MINN slip to round 9, I'm probably gonna bite. And NEVER draft a kicker earlier than the last round.

About stat projections - most of us can't do 'em very well - including me. I do a few, but usually I average the FootballGuys expert's projections. Then I average the projections in FootballGuys Player Spotlights. I reconcile the difference in the two sets of averages with my own judgment (usually the 2 averages are pretty close. One thing I do take into account when players are very close in stat projections is RISK/ REWARD - in other words, I'm trying to minimize risk (injury history - DO NOT DRAFT McALLISTER AT ALL IMO, and DO NOT DRAFT J. WALKER higher than about round 10 -, positional competition, headcase s(see comments about Marshall above), and at the same time trying to pick players with higher ceilings than their average stat projection. There are always some players who you are not able to project - I call them 'special category' players - a great example is Pierre Thomas. The night before my draft I will decide where to slot in these type of players based on the most current information.

Lastly, while I take my full 16 round draft sheet to the draft, and cross off the players as they have been drafted, I still maintain flexibility. If I've drafted 3 rock solid RBs (or WRs), I'm more likely to draft a high risk, high reward type, but If I feel shaky about my top 3 choices, I'll probably look for a solid low risk low ceiling player who I can count on for consistent production .

Sorry for the long-winded response - I kinda hijacked this thread, and draft strategy deserves its own thread I'll probably copy and paste it into a seperate 'draft strategy' thread.

have to get lynch in there somewhere in any format.

How come??? He wasn't GREAT last year, averaging only 4.0 ypc in a mediocre/below average offense. Not much has changed so I doubt we will see an increase in his opportunities and productivity. Also, he only caught 18 balls all of last year, so in PPR or 1/2 PPR leagues, this is a huge setback (pretty much last among fulltime backs; and T-54th overall among backs; exactly HALF as many as the likes of Aaron Stecker and Leon Washington). I don't see why there'd be a problem with him falling out of the top 15 backs this season...

How come??? He wasn't GREAT last year, averaging only 4.0 ypc in a mediocre/below average offense. Not much has changed so I doubt we will see an increase in his opportunities and productivity. Also, he only caught 18 balls all of last year, so in PPR or 1/2 PPR leagues, this is a huge setback (pretty much last among fulltime backs; and T-54th overall among backs; exactly HALF as many as the likes of Aaron Stecker and Leon Washington). I don't see why there'd be a problem with him falling out of the top 15 backs this season...

you also have to remember that he missed some time with injury. I dont see that being a big issue with him and if you average his numbers out to a full 16 they are pretty saucy.

1350 rushing , 200-250 rec. and about 8 scores makes him top 15 easy.

and thats his numbers as a Rookie

He's getting 3rd down work this year, as he's improved his blocking and they want him more involved in the overall offense. Expect the receptions to rise.

Also, FK if you see this, maybe edit that list. Wouldn't want spying eyes to grab the next guy on your list in the IBL bro.

LOL...............pretty sure.

ok then let's make a bet because i am going to keep reggie and mjd and when rudi goes off after i dumped him for a draft pick having you suck it will be a sort of consolation. i hear no talk of the old johnson. jones drew doesn't even get one back touches. palmer throws more often and throws screens.

i wonder, and you can quote me, if the old johnson hasn't just become a pulled hamstring...

ok then let's make a bet because i am going to keep reggie and mjd and when rudi goes off after i dumped him for a draft pick having you suck it will be a sort of consolation.

I'll take that bet, you're gonna regret - cause I'm the best thats ever been - from the Devil in Georgia, Madd futher Mucker.

1. Forte, Matt

2. Williams, DeAngelo

3. Turner, Michael

4. Tomlinson, Ladainian

5. Jones, Thomas

6. Peterson, Adrian

7. Jones-Drew, Maurice

8. Slaton, Steve

9. Westbrook, Brian

10. Portis, Clinton WAS

11. Johnson, Chris

12. Lynch, Marshawn

13. Barber, Marion

14. Gore, Frank

15. Jackson, Steven

so he batted .533? not bad at all

a little bare at the top..... :first:

1/2 PPR RB rankings:

1. L.T. - enough said

2. S Jackson - with Pace back, his OLine should be better, and he's a beast when healthy (also catches ~70 balls)

3. Westbrook - plenty of catches and yards, doesn't score enough to get top 2 spot

5. Barber III - Has a nose for the endzone and will get plenty of carries this year (260+), also plenty of catches

6. Addai - being on an explosive team really helps, but should lose some TDs/touches with Rhodes and Harrison back

7. L. Johnson - OLine will be much improved, and he's a stud with even a below average line; 100% healthy and will receive 320-360 touches easily

8. Gore - obvious upgrade with Martz and 1/2 PPR, but never scores and is on terrible offense; not sure how much Martz will help the running game

9. C. Portis - strong season last year should continue, but probably will lose some carries in the WCO

12. J. Lewis - looks young and fresh behind the best OLine in football; doesn't catch a lot, but did have 2 receiving TDs last year

13. R. Grant - not sure how much room he'll have to run with Favre gone; his success depends on Rodgers'

Thoughts and other rankings??

I'll rank the ones you have here.

MJD

LT

AP

SJax

Addai

Portis

Gore

Westy

Bush

LJ

Barber

Grant

Jacobs

JLew

McGahee

My ppr 2cents

I'll rank the ones you have here.

MJD

LT

AP

SJax

Addai

Portis

Gore

Westy

Bush

LJ

Barber

Grant

Jacobs

JLew

McGahee

My ppr 2cents

You do realize you just quoted projections from last year, correct?

Only 1 person has mentioned Steve Slaton thus far. In a PPR league, he's definitely worth a look in a high-powered offense somewhere in the 10-15 range for RBs. Thoughts?

You do realize you just quoted projections from last year, correct?

That's lasy yrs projection? Funny.

Yea posted last summer lol

I've already had a draft, so FF is in full swing to me. i thought someone was just getting s jump on things.