Sign in to follow this  
silly-cybin

4th round running backs in PPR league

yeah that's a tough group .. one that I'm skipping and drafting my WR2, QB or TE. Good time for those positions in my opinion.

PASS .....

I like in order:

Jones/Graham (They are the main guys and catch out of back field.

Jacobs (I like what he offers but hate his running style).

Parker (tough to gage, but seems like Mendenhall will get serious work)

Egde/Rudi (At the end of there careers, but can get you steady ff pts, just not going to light it up anymore)..

Don't have a handle on Mcfad yet...

What if you haven't take a 2nd RB yet, you gonna pass on this and then what's left next round?

Good question and thinking which is why you better take what you can from this group.

I'd be very happy with T Jones in the 4th round. The Jets have added experience in OL Alan Faneca and Damien Woody plus FB Tony Richardson. He is also not part of a RBBC.

who would you rather have and why?

T Jones

Parker

Jacobs

Graham

Edge

Rudi

Mcfadden

Based on value, I think Earnest Graham, might be the pick in RD 4. Edge might be a close second simply because he will get full-time carries, not because he catches a ton of passes.

I am absolutely floored that people are still drinking the TJ koolaid.

Jacobs easy. He might lead the league in rushing TDs and had a 5 yd per carry avg last year. I learned this lesson a long time ago, never draft based on POTENTIAL injury if the guy is 100% at the time of the draft. Injury can happen to any RB and is way to unpredictable to garner any weight in draft selection. Jacobs also has the most upside of this group which is why he would be the guy.

No one is saying to take him with a high draft pick, but if you get him around the 5th round,

he is obvious value with a very nice ceiling which makes him a nice risk/reward pick.

What is the worse that could happen to a 5th round selection?

Did you realize that TJ had about 340 touches last year?

Granted he only had 2 TD's, but did have about 1350 yards.

I guarantee you he will finish with more than 2 Tds this year, hopefully more like 8-10.

The team has drastically improved that off. line and the WRs will keep defenses honest.

Plus he is the man in NY, so no RBBC worries.

Ya, the koolaid doesn't taste all that bad for what he will cost you.

I would like to hear more of why you don't like him at this spot?

What are your projections for him this year?

I can see maybe 1400/8, if things work out.

Hmm, not a bad drink at all.

No one is saying to take him with a high draft pick, but if you get him around the 5th round,

he is obvious value with a very nice ceiling which makes him a nice risk/reward pick.

I guarantee you he will finish with more than 2 Tds this year, hopefully more like 8-10.

The team has drastically improved that off. line and the WRs will keep defenses honest.

I think he is one very over rated player. He sucked in Arizona, he sucked in Tampa. He was serviceable in Chicago, but another RB would have done far better in that situation he had in Chicago. I think he is just a product of the system he is in. I have watched this guy play for many years now. I think he is a lousy RB and the Jets could do better with just about anyone else in their system. I doubt he will even be the man in NY by years end. The Jets will get to frustrated and get their other RBs involved. I don't think he gets anywhere near the numbers you are projecting.

A fifth round pick on Jones is a fifth of Wild Irish Rose :overhead: He stinks! I would pick Jacobs, the big bruiser for the World Champs :thumbsup:

I think he is one very over rated player. He sucked in Arizona, he sucked in Tampa. He was serviceable in Chicago, but another RB would have done far better in that situation he had in Chicago. I think he is just a product of the system he is in. I have watched this guy play for many years now. I think he is a lousy RB and the Jets could do better with just about anyone else in their system. I doubt he will even be the man in NY by years end. The Jets will get to frustrated and get their other RBs involved. I don't think he gets anywhere near the numbers you are projecting.

I see that you bash Thomas Jones every chance you get. He's not great by any stretch but I dont see how he's overrated. Nobody thinks of him as an upper echelon RB. But he's better than you give him credit for.

In Arizona he was on some terrible teams and they still cant run the ball now with much better talent than when Jones was there. In his one year in Tampa he averaged 4.6 yards per carry and played very well.

And you say another RB would have done better in Chicago but he did better than the Rbs before and after him there. Last year, the Jets O-line was terrible and the QB play was inconsistent. This year they should be better at least up front. Jones is a serviceable FF option and if you are in position to take a RB in the 4th then he's pretty good value IMO.

You can find major concerns with every RB on the list but of the ones the OP mentioned Id take Jacobs, Jones, and Graham in that order.

I see that you bash Thomas Jones every chance you get. He's not great by any stretch but I dont see how he's overrated. Nobody thinks of him as an upper echelon RB. But he's better than you give him credit for.

In Arizona he was on some terrible teams and they still cant run the ball now with much better talent than when Jones was there. In his one year in Tampa he averaged 4.6 yards per carry and played very well.

And you say another RB would have done better in Chicago but he did better than the Rbs before and after him there. Last year, the Jets O-line was terrible and the QB play was inconsistent. This year they should be better at least up front. Jones is a serviceable FF option and if you are in position to take a RB in the 4th then he's pretty good value IMO.

You can find major concerns with every RB on the list but of the ones the OP mentioned Id take Jacobs, Jones, and Graham in that order.

Which speaks volumes about what they have had in the RB position. Sure, he could be serviceable. I think the 4th is way too early for TJ. We could go back and forth on this guy. I have an opinion on him. Nobody has to like it. I think this guy has been one of the most over rated players in FF for years now. The guy flat out rarely delivers, IMO.

Which speaks volumes about what they have had in the RB position. Sure, he could be serviceable. I think the 4th is way too early for TJ. We could go back and forth on this guy. I have an opinion on him. Nobody has to like it. I think this guy has been one of the most over rated players in FF for years now. The guy flat out rarely delivers, IMO.

I hear ya.

We'll revisit this in December.

Hmmm, I must just be missing all this Thomas Jones hype every year.

I'd take Graham before everybody else. Caddy won't do much of anything this season and Dunn is old and will only split 3rd down duties.

After Graham I would go:

T. Jones- will have about the same yardage and will score at least 6 TD's this season

Jacobs- I like Bradshaw better. Jacobs always gets hurt

Edge- eh. As your 3rd back you could do a lot worse.

Hmmm, I must just be missing all this Thomas Jones hype every year.

I'd take Graham before everybody else. Caddy won't do much of anything this season and Dunn is old and will only split 3rd down duties.

After Graham I would go:

T. Jones- will have about the same yardage and will score at least 6 TD's this season

Jacobs- I like Bradshaw better. Jacobs always gets hurt

Edge- eh. As your 3rd back you could do a lot worse.

I haven't. I see it every year on here. I can remember a thread when several posters were even pimping him over LJ, when Holmes was on his way out.

I haven't. I see it every year on here. I can remember a thread when several posters were even pimping him over LJ, when Holmes was on his way out.

I am willing to bet that was a bunch of imbecile Bear fans, lead by the incomparable Sweetness34.

For what its worth, Jones did have a better season then LJ last year. :thumbsdown:

Interesting question and I consulted my PPR projection list.

Parker heads your list at 194. I have Turner at 189 and Jacobs at 187FPs although almost surely they'll be gone before round 4. People will over-pay for them. But they all are great 4th round values if available.

James is the safest value (at 186) who i EXPECT to be available in the 4th, as is T. Jones at 185.

For those who want it spicy, I've also got McFadden and Stewart tied at 185, and Forte at 184. (Projecting rookies is obviously more risk than projection veterans). But if you've drafted a top 5 RB in RD 1, these could be your rd 4 high reward guys.

Then comes fat Lenny at 174, Chris Johnson at 168 tied with DeAngelo Williams. Graham at 165 (based on the current lack of enthusiasm for him in TB.) Chester Taylor backs up ADP and sores 156. I won't draft any of these in rd 4.

In PPR, let other people draft Freddie Taylor and Rudi Johnson. Oh yes, also take a pass on Julius Jones.

id be happy with TJ as my 3rd RB. im actually going to be targeting him as my 4th RB in my upcomming keeper league draft.

at worst i think he reproduces his 1100 yards rushing and increases from 1 TD to 7 rushing. throw in modest rec numbers and he will be just fine as a RB 3.

id be happy with TJ as my 3rd RB. im actually going to be targeting him as my 4th RB in my upcomming keeper league draft.

at worst i think he reproduces his 1100 yards rushing and increases from 1 TD to 7 rushing. throw in modest rec numbers and he will be just fine as a RB 3.

You betcha! But don't you mean you will be targeting him as your 4th round RB which is your 3rd RB taken? i can only assume you are not gonna take 4 straight RBs.

Interesting question and I consulted my PPR projection list.

Parker heads your list at 194. I have Turner at 189 and Jacobs at 187FPs although almost surely they'll be gone before round 4. People will over-pay for them. But they all are great 4th round values if available.

James is the safest value (at 186) who i EXPECT to be available in the 4th, as is T. Jones at 185.

For those who want it spicy, I've also got McFadden and Stewart tied at 185, and Forte at 184. (Projecting rookies is obviously more risk than projection veterans). But if you've drafted a top 5 RB in RD 1, these could be your rd 4 high reward guys.

Then comes fat Lenny at 174, Chris Johnson at 168 tied with DeAngelo Williams. Graham at 165 (based on the current lack of enthusiasm for him in TB.) Chester Taylor backs up ADP and sores 156. I won't draft any of these in rd 4.

In PPR, let other people draft Freddie Taylor and Rudi Johnson. Oh yes, also take a pass on Julius Jones.

I agree above in taking a top 5 pick and then using the 4th rd. on a high risk/reward rookie rb as ur#2 rb. Rds.2-3 in ppr leagues can be used on wrs. U could then use rd. 5 to be safe with edge, turner, etc

Its Favre Koolaid with a shot of TJ as a chaser. :doublethumbsup:

I have Jacobs a hair ahead of Parker, since Jacobs will actually see the end zone. I would be unhappy with either as my 2nd RB, but there aren't that many gems this year.

I have Jacobs a hair ahead of Parker, since Jacobs will actually see the end zone. I would be unhappy with either as my 2nd RB, but there aren't that many gems this year.

Jeese, if you liked him before, you gotta be really feeling him now, but I think his price will climb too high for me now.

And for you guy's who didn't like him before, how do you feel now?

You can knock TJ on talent, but I don't see Leon/Musa/Chatman being a GL back. He'll come out on passing downs, but there's a pretty good chance he'll get 20 touches a game in what should be a decent passing offense. 310 carries last year, doubtful he'll only score once or twice.

I like Jacobs out of the 4th round group the OP asked about; he's the one of two guys in that group that if everything lined up could be a top ten back.

I also think people are sleeping on FWP. Mendy has been underwhelming, and there's a pretty solid chance Parker will get the GL carries.

Where does Selvin Young grade in this mix considering the injury to Torain?

This thread is on 4th round (12 teamer); I see Young going in the 5ht/6th with this group

Matt Forte

Julius Jones

Kevin Smith

Jonathan Stewart

Lendale White

Selvin Young

I'd put Selvin behind everybody except Forte.

I'd take Young over the rest of those guys.

Matt Forte- Bears' offensive line is undergoing necessary change, and the offense in general isn't great.

Julius Jones- definition of lame, can't really do anything except on draws. No vision, no thanks imo.

Kevin Smith- injury timebomb after last year's workload, also Detroit's offensive line.

Jonathan Stewart- not a believer in Carolina, and Deangelo Williams merits touches (knowing that idiot John Fox, he'll give him too much of the load because he's a vet).

Lendale White- best consideration, but has an explosive 1st round pick RB behind him in Chris Johnson and a mediocre at best passing game to help.

Selvin Young- best back on roster, averaged over 5 ypc last yr and Andre Hall averaged 4.9 ypc because of a 62-yard run (3.6 ypc otherwise). And now no Torain means a few more GL chances. Durability is the biggest risk though, but has Cutler, Marshall, and a system for running success.

I'd take Young over the rest of those guys.

Matt Forte- Bears' offensive line is undergoing necessary change, and the offense in general isn't great.

Julius Jones- definition of lame, can't really do anything except on draws. No vision, no thanks imo.

Kevin Smith- injury timebomb after last year's workload, also Detroit's offensive line.

Jonathan Stewart- not a believer in Carolina, and Deangelo Williams merits touches (knowing that idiot John Fox, he'll give him too much of the load because he's a vet).

Lendale White- best consideration, but has an explosive 1st round pick RB behind him in Chris Johnson and a mediocre at best passing game to help.

Selvin Young- best back on roster, averaged over 5 ypc last yr and Andre Hall averaged 4.9 ypc because of a 62-yard run (3.6 ypc otherwise). And now no Torain means a few more GL chances. Durability is the biggest risk though, but has Cutler, Marshall, and a system for running success.

I'll agree also. I can't see why you would take any of those guys before Selvin unless you were willing to gamble on one of the two rookies. In my book, that's a pretty big gamble. I think Young should be going before all of them as well as the guys mentioned in the original post like TJ, FWP, and Edge. I hope his ADP stays as low as it is now through draft time.

I like in order:

Jones/Graham (They are the main guys and catch out of back field.

Jacobs (I like what he offers but hate his running style).

Parker (tough to gage, but seems like Mendenhall will get serious work)

Egde/Rudi (At the end of there careers, but can get you steady ff pts, just not going to light it up anymore)..

Don't have a handle on Mcfad yet...

I would revise my list and place Selvin Young about 5th on this list, and yes I do like him especially now that Torain is hurt...