Sign in to follow this  
Bert

If You Come to Texas and Kill Someone

Right...I forgot...you have no problem killing innocent people, like our troops over in Iraq or unborn fetuses. You're the guy who preaches gloom and doom, disrespects our soldiers, and refuses to wear the uniform.

Loser.

Lets just pretend someone Phillybeared (IE: Raped, murdered then raped some more, then dismembered) your Mother, Brother, or Boyfriend...

You would be fine with them serving life in prison and would never wish them death?

Like I said, I don't read fiction. I'm not afraid of death. You would think we've evolved enough as a species to understand science. Some of you are a few centuries behind still.

The thing is, science changes all the time somehow. They always go back and forth. Pluto was a planet, then it wasn't, then it was again. FDA studies drugs and the science says there safe. Then, 10-20 years down the line, they have to yank the medicine because the science was wrong. Science has way too many flaws. We learn new things everyday that changes what we thought was certain the days and years before. This man made global warming is just another of many examples of how the science failed.

Never said a thing about liberal/God. The point I'm making is that the people against capital punishment are overwhelmingly libs, and those same people are overwhelmingly pro-abortion.

Sorry if I'm going too fast for ya.

Actually, much of the opposition and protest over capital punishment is mounted by a little bunch known as the Catholic Church. Maybe you've heard of it. And they aren't terribly big fans of abortion either. Of course an expert on all things such as yourself had to know that

Sorry for the factual break, now back to regularly scheduled stream of bullsh!t.

The thing is, science changes all the time somehow. They always go back and forth. Pluto was a planet, then it wasn't, then it was again. FDA studies drugs and the science says there safe. Then, 10-20 years down the line, they have to yank the medicine because the science was wrong. Science has way too many flaws. We learn new things everyday that changes what we thought was certain the days and years before. This man made global warming is just another of many examples of how the science failed.

Fair enough. I don't claim science is the answer to everything. I just feel there have been enough scientific breakthroughs for me to believe evolution is more plausible than some sort of divine intervention. Even to this day we still see evolution on a small scale. For instance, the appendix is no longer useful to humans. It was used by our distant ancestors to help digest raw meat. We've got this new invention called fire now. If you take even these small evolutionary steps and expand them over millions and millions of year, it doesn't seem so far fetched anymore.

We're really starting to run off course though. This thread is about capital punishment. I respect people who believe in capital punishment. I just don't agree with people who try to legitimize it with religion. Using that same logic, if you get in a fight and break someones leg, you should get your leg broke. If you hit somebody with your car, you should get run over by a car. When it comes down to it, for the most part the bible is not meant to be taken literally. People of faith use this argument all the time. Then they turn around and use the same text to argue absolutes.

Fair enough. I don't claim science is the answer to everything. I just feel there have been enough scientific breakthroughs for me to believe evolution is more plausible than some sort of divine intervention. Even to this day we still see evolution on a small scale. For instance, the appendix is no longer useful to humans. It was used by our distant ancestors to help digest raw meat. We've got this new invention called fire now. If you take even these small evolutionary steps and expand them over millions and millions of year, it doesn't seem so far fetched anymore.

We're really starting to run off course though. This thread is about capital punishment. I respect people who believe in capital punishment. I just don't agree with people who try to legitimize it with religion. Using that same logic, if you get in a fight and break someones leg, you should get your leg broke. If you hit somebody with your car, you should get run over by a car. When it comes down to it, for the most part the bible is not meant to be taken literally. People of faith use this argument all the time. Then they turn around and use the same text to argue absolutes.

Yeah, we are getting off course. I am torn on the whole capitol punishment thing. I tend to think we could do without it. I would rather there be hard labor camps for these people who commit these heinous crimes. Tape it and show the high school kids what they can expect if they chose to commit a crime that is horrible enough. Not this cushy prison life, as far as being locked up goes, that seems to be the norm. Like weights and cable TV and PC time and such. Who ever came up with the idea anyway allowing weights and work out machines so when they get out, they would be bigger and stronger criminals???

Uh, didn't you try to condemn capital punishment using religion????

Yah because executing people is such a Christian thing to do. You idiots are so flawed in your thinking.

So, you use religion to condemn it but people who use the word of God to justify it are idiots with flawed thinking???

:music_guitarred:

Actually, much of the opposition and protest over capital punishment is mounted by a little bunch known as the Catholic Church. Maybe you've heard of it. And they aren't terribly big fans of abortion either. Of course an expert on all things such as yourself had to know that

Sorry for the factual break, now back to regularly scheduled stream of bullsh!t.

How does this change the fact most libs are against capital punishment and for abortion? Nice job completely ignoring my point there Skippy.

How does this change the fact most libs are against capital punishment and for abortion? Nice job completely ignoring my point there Skippy.

The point I'm making is that the people against capital punishment are overwhelmingly libs, and those same people are overwhelmingly pro-abortion.

Nice job revising your "point" once it's pointed out your original point is unsupportable bullsh!t, Cletus. :music_guitarred:

Nice job revising your "point" once it's pointed out your original point is unsupportable bullsh!t, Cletus. :music_guitarred:

:thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

Let me try to put in terms even you can understand gocolts;

RP says that people opposed to capital punishment are "overwhelmingly" libs and therefore supportive of abortion at the same time. Naturally he offers no support for this statement.

I'm pointing out that some of the most active opponents of capital punishment are Catholic groups and the Catholic church is vehemently opposed to abortion as well. HTH.

Nice job revising your "point" once it's pointed out your original point is unsupportable bullsh!t, Cletus. :thumbsup:

Get back to me when you actually prove my point is wrong.

Bringing up the Catholic Church doesn't do it since they are also against abortion. Re-read my statement (or better yet have someone with minimum reading comprehension skills read it and explain it to you) and get back to me.

Libs = Against capital punishment + for abortion.

Catholics = Against capital punishment + against abortion.

Uh, didn't you try to condemn capital punishment using religion????

So, you use religion to condemn it but people who use the word of God to justify it are idiots with flawed thinking???

:thumbsup:

I don't believe in god, so I don't use religion to condemn or justify anything. Those two sentences say the exact same thing. Killing people is not a Christian thing to do, so you can not use "an eye for an eye" to justify capital punishment. According to the bible God sets the standard and passes the judgment, not man. It's not for you or anyone to decide who should and should not live.

Furthermore, according to the bible various crimes are punishable by death. Murder (Exodus 21:12), kidnapping (Exodus 21:16), bestiality (Exodus 22:19); adultery (Leviticus 20:10); homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13), being a false prophet (Deuteronomy 13:5), prostitution (Leviticus 21:9), rape (Deuteronomy 22:24-25), etc. etc.

So everybody who cheats on their spouse should be executed?

Get back to me when you actually prove my point is wrong.

Bringing up the Catholic Church doesn't do it since they are also against abortion. Re-read my statement (or better yet have someone with minimum reading comprehension skills read it and explain it to you) and get back to me.

Libs = Against capital punishment + for abortion.

Catholics = Against capital punishment + against abortion.

Your statement was that people who oppose Capital Punishment are "overwhemingly" members of the first group but offer no support for that statement. HTH. And no, I won't be getting back to you. You're a focking dipsh!t and not worth any more of my time. :thumbsup:

Your statement was that people who oppose Capital Punishment are "overwhemingly" members of the first group but offer no support for that statement. HTH. And no, I won't be getting back to you. You're a focking dipsh!t and not worth any more of my time. :thumbsup:

Yep. The vast majority of opponents of capital punishment are liberal. Try jumping off this site sometime and take in a few news programs.

Still ignoring the question. ROFLMAO :thumbsup:

If a lawyer is saying his client is guilty then he isn't being adequately represented and therefore, by your logic, should be set free through the appeals system. I haven't followed this Chi case so I'm unfamiliar with the case but it seems to me that if his own lawyer threw him under the bus then he has incompetent legal representation and the system failed him.

It's a tip: There is this thing called the Constitution. You may want to read Amendments 5, 6, and 8.

Let me try to put in terms even you can understand gocolts;

RP says that people opposed to capital punishment are "overwhelmingly" libs and therefore supportive of abortion at the same time. Naturally he offers no support for this statement.

I'm pointing out that some of the most active opponents of capital punishment are Catholic groups and the Catholic church is vehemently opposed to abortion as well. HTH.

So in other words, this thing with libs being overwhelmingly supportive of the slaughtering of unborn babies in the womb is something you didn't know. I find it rather shocking you don't know that abortion is one of the big issues for the libs.

Lets just pretend someone Phillybeared (IE: Raped, murdered then raped some more, then dismembered) your Mother, Brother, or Boyfriend...

You would be fine with them serving life in prison and would never wish them death?

My father was killed on December 11, 1982. It was a Saturday evening...I remember it well. After serving two tours in Vietnam and coming home 100% disabled from an AK-47 round that hit his pelvis and took away his ability to walk while serving his country. A commander of the Disabled American Veterans...purple heart and bronze star recipient...was killed in Nashua, NH. It was a homicide...and the person was given a 5 year sentence after it was reduced to manslaughter. I've had to learn to accept and forgive. Harboring anger was getting me nowhere.

It's funny because I see a lot of these "so-called" Christians on this board who are good at quoting Scripture but (with the exception of Savage Beast, whom I have started to have respect for) are quick to condemn people to death. Now, I have no problem with people expressing their opinion on the death penalty and, quite frankly, respect your wishes to see certain criminals burn but the fact of the matter is, some innocent people are sitting on death row. It's a proven fact. 209 people have been exonerated because of new DNA technology.

If you want that blood on your hands, so be it. I don't want to be that guy. I've seen death up close and very, very personal. I'll deal with my own judgment some day for the things I've had to do while in the service until then kill all the people you want and feel good about it but I won't support abortion and I won't support the death penalty.

If a lawyer is saying his client is guilty then he isn't being adequately represented and therefore, by your logic, should be set free through the appeals system. I haven't followed this Chi case so I'm unfamiliar with the case but it seems to me that if his own lawyer threw him under the bus then he has incompetent legal representation and the system failed him.

It's a tip: There is this thing called the Constitution. You may want to read Amendments 5, 6, and 8.

Wrong. There's nothing in the constitution, or legal ethics, that says a lawyer can't admit his client's guilt. They do it all the time. They just can't do it if their client won't let them. But again, you're avoiding the actual question and shielding your avoidance oi a tangential issue that has nothing to do with the question. Why are you unwilling to answer a simple yes/no question? Hmmm.......

I want to be put on death row for actually reading through this entire thread. I need to be focking punished.

Texas is the most ass-backwards state out there. Y'all take pride in what a bunch of fockin' prehistoric morons you are.

It's funny, isn't it?

It's funny, isn't it?

Yes, I guess it's funny to you Cosmopolitan "French Lick, Indiana" high-brow types that we take crime seriously in our state.

Guess what. We can carry a gun on our hip and if someone tries to kill us we can kill them right back first without even a trial. Violent crime has dropped in Texor since we passed that law. The focktard ciminals never know when they are gonna get a cap in the head trying to mug someone.

Wrong. There's nothing in the constitution, or legal ethics, that says a lawyer can't admit his client's guilt. They do it all the time. They just can't do it if their client won't let them. But again, you're avoiding the actual question and shielding your avoidance oi a tangential issue that has nothing to do with the question. Why are you unwilling to answer a simple yes/no question? Hmmm.......

So you ignore the Supreme Court and their interpretation of what the Sixth Amendment encompasses?

Yes, I guess it's funny to you Cosmopolitan "French Lick, Indiana" high-brow types that we take crime seriously in our state.

Guess what. We can carry a gun on our hip and if someone tries to kill us we can kill them right back first without even a trial. Violent crime has dropped in Texor since we passed that law. The focktard ciminals never know when they are gonna get a cap in the head trying to mug someone.

Indiana is full of religious zealots and extreme neo-cons, so you can use the French Lick line all you want........but there certainly are people in this state who don't fall into that category.

For the record, I support the death penalty, as long as eye-witness testimony is taken out of the process because it's been proven to be virtually ineffective. Anyone who's ever taken an intro to Psych class knows that. That saves an assload of money all the way around, make the process much quicker, and guarantees that there are no wrongful executions. It also makes sure that we don't delve into this 19th century style of vigilante justice that you seem to be promoting, which is obviously dangerous and absurd.

So you ignore the Supreme Court and their interpretation of what the Sixth Amendment encompasses?

LOL. Still going down this road? Well, I'll be glad to go down your tangential road as soon as you answer the original question. Your assertion throughout this thread has been that innocent people get executed. Well, in this case we've got an admission of guilt, in addition to all the evidence presented at trial which was substantial and compelling. The guilt isn't in question. Do you then support the carrying out of the sentence given to this individual, yes or no? Quit evading and trying to say this guy should be freed on a technicality. We'll go down the flaws in that reasoning if/after you answer the question.

That doesn't make any sense anyways. That's like multiplying 0x0. So a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like day. A day is a day then right? Maybe I need to go round up a few dinosaur fossils while I think this over.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Proverbs 3:5