Sign in to follow this  
G-String

Who is the best QB outside of the top 10?

Who is the best QB outside of the top 10? I would love to grab one in the top ten, but if I don't who should be my man?

Depends what you consider top 10. I've got Cutler and Garrard in my top 10, but allot of people don't.

Assuming the perceived top ten looks something like this: Brady/Manning/Romo/Brees plus Palmer/Roethlisberger/Anderson plus Hasselbeck/McNabb/pick one more (probably Favre):

• Cutler has more weapons than Garrard, but both should head the list of the next tier
  • Schaub is another one to strongly consider
  • Rodgers will likely be inconsistent but with his WR group he should have some huge games
  • If (BIG IF) Delhomme is healthy...but like Bulger, that is a big risk
  • Campbell might finally mature
  • Eli had a great run at the end of last year, but he's a tough one to believe in
  • Ditto for the man he'll always be linked with, Rivers
  • Kitna has too many turnovers, but I am targeting him as a possible backup
  • Garcia and Pennington are game managers who will give you too many 1-5 point games

Everybody else has too many warts...

Assuming the perceived top ten looks something like this: Brady/Manning/Romo/Brees plus Palmer/Roethlisberger/Anderson plus Hasselbeck/McNabb/pick one more (probably Favre):
  • Cutler has more weapons than Garrard, but both should head the list of the next tier
  • Schaub is another one to strongly consider
  • Rodgers will likely be inconsistent but with his WR group he should have some huge games
  • If (BIG IF) Delhomme is healthy...but like Bulger, that is a big risk
  • Campbell might finally mature
  • Eli had a great run at the end of last year, but he's a tough one to believe in
  • Ditto for the man he'll always be linked with, Rivers
  • Kitna has too many turnovers, but I am targeting him as a possible backup
  • Garcia and Pennington are game managers who will give you too many 1-5 point games

Everybody else has too many warts...

It's kinda funny that people are high on Favre this year after changing teams, I think it'll be a tough transition for him. He almost went undrafted in my league last year until I took him late.

Schaub has weapons, but beware of his schedule.

Looks like Greise might take Garcia's job.

Looks like Greise might take Garcia's job.

Link? I have both of them in a new dynasty league. TIA :D

Link? I have both of them in a new dynasty league. TIA :ninja:

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/englander/08_tch2.htm

Tampa Bay: Back-up to Garcia at QB race has flipped flop again, and will probably do so by next week's article. In the lead now is Brian Griese. Griese completed 70% of his passes [against his dad's former team] and led the Buccaneers on a 19-play drive, ending in a TD. Just the way Gruden likes it. Jeff Garcia has returned to limited practice. Joey Galloway has not. There seems to be a mum on the running game, with little coming out of camp about Earnest Graham [alleged non-serious ankle injury] and Warrick Dunn.

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/englander/08_tch2.htm

Tampa Bay: Back-up to Garcia at QB race has flipped flop again, and will probably do so by next week's article. In the lead now is Brian Griese. Griese completed 70% of his passes [against his dad's former team] and led the Buccaneers on a 19-play drive, ending in a TD. Just the way Gruden likes it. Jeff Garcia has returned to limited practice. Joey Galloway has not. There seems to be a mum on the running game, with little coming out of camp about Earnest Graham [alleged non-serious ankle injury] and Warrick Dunn.

err, that mentions the backup race, not race for the starter position.

The answer to the question is:

ELI

13-15th qb taken.

err, that mentions the backup race, not race for the starter position.

Hmmm, thanks, I gues I just mis-read it!

I like Garrard but who will he throw to?

I like Rivers (EZ schedule), Cutler, E. Manning, Bulger, DelHomme and Favre too. I would not be overly thrilled with any of these guys as my #1 QB. BUT... if I were able to draft 2 of these guys and play the matchups weekly, I'd be :shocking:

I like Rodgers and Campbell. Everyone wants to find a reason why he will fail, but I'm a believer. All the tools are in place, and he's shown enough for me to put him in my top ten. I realize it's only the pre-season, but Campbell looked very sharp in his first action in Washington's new WCO. He was accurate, poised and threw with good velocity. Never been much of a Campbell supporter, but if he continues the trend he's one I think he'll be a great QB2 this year.

Both Rivers and Delhomme will finish in the top 10 QB's.

:thumbsdown:

Rivers with Rodgers as your backup. I like that combo.

thats mine, Im targetting Rivers-Rodgers-Campbell, Zorn's offense looks pretty good from what I have seen in the pre-season

What about Brett Favre? Don't really see him being ranked in the top 10 but I'm sure someone will have some man love and take him early.

Shaub, Eli, or Vince

Asuming top 10 QB is :

1  Tom Brady NE

2  Peyton Manning IND

3  Tony Romo DAL

4  Drew Brees NO

5  Carson Palmer CIN

6  Ben Roethlisberger PIT

7  Derek Anderson CLE

8  Jay Cutler DEN

9  Donovan McNabb PHI

10 Brett Favre NYJ

Next 16 QBs outside top 10:

11  Eli Manning NYG

12  David Garrard JAC

13  Matt Hasselbeck SEA

14  Aaron Rodgers GB

15  Jake Delhomme CAR

16  Jon Kitna DET

17  Matt Schaub HOU

18  Philip Rivers SD

19  Matt Leinart ARI

20  Marc Bulger STL

21  Jason Campbell WAS

22  Vince Young TEN

23  Trent Edwards BUF

24  Brodie Croyle KC

25  JaMarcus Russell OAK

26  Tarvaris Jackson MIN

Garrard & Hasselbeck have receiver problems. Seatle lost Engram for 6-8 weeks. Deion Branch hurt. Reggie Williams injury hurts Garrard and Jauguars receivers are a mix bag. Steve Smith 2 game suspension hurts Jake Delhomme. Philip Rivers nursing knee problems.

All that said. Matt Schaub & Aaron Rogers both have some upside and both will be drafted late, so the value is here. Schaub & Rogers are going in 10th round and both capable of 18 Tds totals. Any of the top 10 QB failing would be a steal, such as Culter or Favre. Both projected for 19 Tds.

Eli Manning will be steady but upside potential is limited, Eli still has less than 60% completion rate and Gaints running game is too good with Jacobs, Bradshaw & Ward. Detriot is going away from Matz 4 receiver sets system back to 2 Wrs, so Kitna passing yards will be down but TD total could go up to 20 Tds with Roy Williams & Calvin Johnson having more receptions & Tds each staying in basis 2 WR sets.