Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Matt Waldman predicts Megatron will out perform Moss

Dang...after five years, a couple hundred articles, and a few online publications all it took was an article where the purpose of it is to do some speculation for me to finally be exposed as the hack that I am. I guess I should be lumped in the same group as professional wrestlers, Carlos Mencia, and the telephone psychic with the phony Jamaican accent!

Congratulations, John Stossel, you've done it again!

And to think I was able to fool everyone for this long....I better call up my uncle in the fantasy sports industry and see if he has any connections in fantasy bass fishing, because the football gig is up.

I am impressed , you have better connections then i tought.

I am impressed, you have better connections than I thought.

Fixed...

;)

Fixed...

:rolleyes:

Quit being the spelling police you hack. And get back to wrighting something for me to read :mad:

:banana:

Wow...

Thanks to those of you who enjoy the columns. For those of you who think I need to put down the pipe, I think I'll take another hit! :Mr-T:

bold /boʊld/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bohld] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective, -er, -est.

1. not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring: a bold hero.

2. not hesitating to break the rules of propriety; forward; impudent: He apologized for being so bold as to speak to the emperor.

3. necessitating courage and daring; challenging: a bold adventure.

4. beyond the usual limits of conventional thought or action; imaginative: Einstein was a bold mathematician. a difficult problem needing a bold answer.

5. striking or conspicuous to the eye; flashy; showy: a bold pattern. :D

:lol: Best comeback line Evah!

Wildman, I served with Miss Cleo: I knew Miss Cleo; Miss Cleo was a friend of mine. Wildman, you're no Miss Cleo

:music_guitarred:

His BOLD prediction doesnt see too far fetched now huh? BTW I think Wildman is Miss Cleo because who could have seen this coming with Brady other than a psychic! :lol:

His BOLD prediction doesnt see too far fetched now huh? BTW I think Wildman is Miss Cleo because who could have seen this coming with Brady other than a psychic! :unsure:

Moss will still outperform Megatron...Roy Williams gonna vulture TDs from CJ, where as Cassel will be looking for Moss in the endzone all day.

I see Moss going 85 1250 15tds

Very similar to TO numbers last year

CJ 80 rec 1100 7 tds

Moss will still outperform Megatron...Roy Williams gonna vulture TDs from CJ, where as Cassel will be looking for Moss in the endzone all day.

I see Moss going 85 1250 15tds

Very similar to TO numbers last year

CJ 80 rec 1100 7 tds

Hmmmm Megatron only need 5 more TD's according to your prediction. Each week im going to update this post. Hopefully Mike pins this.

Megatron Week 2

6 for 129, 2 TD's Total for the year = 13 for 236, 2 TD's

Moss

2 for 22, 0 TD's Total for the year = 8 for 138, 1 TD

Hmmmm Megatron only need 5 more TD's according to your prediction. Each week im going to update this post. Hopefully Mike pins this.

Megatron Week 2

6 for 129, 2 TD's Total for the year = 13 for 236, 2 TD's

Moss

2 for 22, 0 TD's Total for the year = 8 for 138, 1 TD

:cheers: :pointstosky: :music_guitarred: :headbanger:

So maybe Matt Waldman's prediction wasn't so ridiculous after all.... interesting. :banana:

This prediction was made before the Brady injury as was my Moss projected stats. IMO the prediction is garbage now that brady is out, because after the second week looks like Chris Chambers will outperform moss

This prediction was made before the Brady injury as was my Moss projected stats. IMO the prediction is garbage now that brady is out, because after the second week looks like Chris Chambers will outperform moss

Well at least you're not bitter

:doublethumbsup:

Waldman's prediction was, yes. Your prediction? Not so much.

85 rec, 1250 yards, 15 TDs. Your prediction. On Sept. 10th. Noting that Matt Cassel would look for him all day long.

Sorry.

....your predicted moss stats above were from 1 week ago...AFTER Brady was down for the year. The BIG difference is that Cassel came in and chucked a TD to moss in the back of the endzone, so you felt bold enough that Moss would still produce decent #s, and then drastically undersold what "Megatrons" #s would be.

Now, after week 2, Moss has a low week (prob lowest he will have all year if he stays healthy), and CJ blows up, and now your making false claims about when you made what predictions?

Man...they time stamp stuff around here...

You know...all you really have to say is "huh, go figure, as of this moment it seems like CJ in fact may have a chance of out producing Moss this year....BUT, its week 2, so lets not "crown his ass" until the year is over" :doublethumbsup:

Waldman's prediction was, yes. Your prediction? Not so much.

85 rec, 1250 yards, 15 TDs. Your prediction. On Sept. 10th. Noting that Matt Cassel would look for him all day long.

Sorry.

:shocking:

The Matt Waldman article was titled "Bold Predictions" not "Solid Lock of the Year"

Wildman has supplied many of us with GREAT FF insight and is one of the best in this business. Calvin Johnson has the talent to be the next Rice / Moss type of WR, time will tell if the Lions will drag him down too much to allow this to happen.

Shaq: :music_guitarred: "TELL ME HOW MATT'S ASS TASTES!! TELL ME HOW MATT'S ASS TASTES!!" :doublethumbsup:

He's no soiloist. :pointstosky:

My prediction: Moss has another diva blowup because he doesn't respect his QB, goes through the motions for the rest of the season after the blowup. (Sound familiar?)

:cheers: :dunno: :pointstosky: :huh:

And I got CJ in the 5th round of a 10 teamer :first:

Week 4

CJ 4 for 40, 0 TD Season total is 17 for 276, 2 TD's

Moss 4 for 25, 0 TD Season total is 12 for 163, 1 TD

Both had poor games but CJ is again the winner. :banana:

CJ 1165, 10 TDs

Moss 908, 10 TDs

:wall:

I've been playing FF for over 13 years and never heard of this guy..... then again, I don't read FF magazines. If you need to read those FF magazines to win in FF, then you need some serious help.

and I agree, Waldman needs to put the pipe down.

EARTH TO SEADOG: Matt Waldman writes (and opines) for more than FF magazines. His wisdom, especially his Rookie Scouting Portfolio, is quoted or referred to by virtually ALL competing fantasy sites. I'd say he is considered one of the top dozen fantasy football minds by most people who know fantasy football. I'd like to ask where you DO get your fantasy football info to guide you in your fantasy football decisions.

One thing about this forum. Since everyone can (and does) express their opinion on any FF topic here, there is a LOT of poor advice expressed off-the-cuff without any depth of thought that I do not take seriously. But anything that Matt Waldman writes - even his 'bold predictions', whether here as 'Wildman' or his formal articles regardless of where they are published, I DO take seriously - I may not agree with him on everything, but I acknowledge he knows a hell of a lot more about all aspects of FF than I'll ever know.

So if you've been playing FF for 13 years and have never HEARD of him, your FF education is still at the beginner level.

Note to Waldman: Now that I've sufficiently given you your props, put down the pipe, you hack, or at least share a little of what you're smokin' with me.

It's nice you play with retards :nono:

Dude, Calvin Johnson in the 5th round of a 10-teamer was probably his ADP. Hindsight must be 20/20 for you. Hell, I got him in the 6th of a 10-teamer. There were 20 WRs on draft day that could have been reasonably predicted to end the season as the #1 WR. And there were about 5 QBs who'd be taken ahead of him, and at least 20 RBs, 2 or 3 TEs, and so if he was around the 15th to 20th WR taken, that puts him in the 5th round.

Let me guess, people who drafted Steve Slaton and Chris Johnson outside the 1st 3 rounds play with idiots too?

It was pretty much a lock when Brady went down. 16 games with Brady and Moss probably has the better season.

As painful as this is to say, 16 games with a healthy Kitna and Calvins #s are prob a lot better too....

I betcha feel real freakin smart now huh...."MR Waldman"? :nono:

As painful as this is to say, 16 games with a healthy Kitna and Calvins #s are prob a lot better too....

I betcha feel real freakin smart now huh...."MR Waldman"? :doublethumbsup:

I hope you are not arguing the loss of Kitna compares to Brady. Kitna was on his way out even before getting injured. The impact is not even remotly comparable. Not only did the loss of Brady significantly downgrade the QB position, NE vastly revamped their offensive game planning for significant portions of the season which may have been the biggest blow to Randy's numbers. Cassel was way off on the deep ball for much of the season, and NE merely looked to dink and dunk for stretches -even had nearly 70 attempts in a game where he hardly looked Randy's way. Detroit never stopped trying to feed the ball to Calvin, regardless of who was in there.