Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

I hope Chris Cooley didn't draft himself

He had a 15 yarder (or so) wiped out by a penalty and I think that was it for targets! With the Skins mediocre WR corps, you'd think Zorn would get his Pro Bowl TE a little more involved!

Signed,

A Disgruntled Cooley Owner :pointstosky:

I also think his opponent had Portis. Man, the dude run blocks for smurf!!! I didn't watch the entire game but on at least three occasions he was burned by a defensive lineman that in turn stuffed Portis. Yes, I own Portis but Cooley flat out sucks as a blocker.

I also think his opponent had Portis. Man, the dude run blocks for smurf!!! I didn't watch the entire game but on at least three occasions he was burned by a defensive lineman that in turn stuffed Portis. Yes, I own Portis but Cooley flat out sucks as a blocker.

I didn't draft him to block......

I had both of them :pointstosky:

Jason Campbell was bad, but Chris Cooley was terrible.

He missed at least 4 key blocks that got Portis killed twice and a couple others that lost them yards. WOW he was bad.

They weren't even hard blocks, he just seemed to be not interested.

It's rare you see a player just miss on blocks without needing the replay, but Cooley did it at least 3 or 4 times.

Speaking of blocks and Portis... That block Portis had near the end of the game was awesome. Respect knuckles for Clinton imo.

Speaking of blocks and Portis... That block Portis had near the end of the game was awesome. Respect knuckles for Clinton imo.

Yep, that was awesome. As I recall, Madden said "and that's why I love Clinton Portis". I hope that's not an unofficial Madden curse or anything. Damn good block though.

The reason that Campbell, Cooley and the Skins offense in general were terrible is because they were playing a defense that has been underrated by everyone. The Giants overall have not gotten the respect they deserve. Yes, they lost key guys on defense but they're still one of the better units in the league.

Bottom line is that Campbell, Cooley, Portis and everyone else will start putting up much better numbers when they're playing lesser defenses.

with out the OC Al S. I do see cooley value cooling down :doublethumbsup:

I just don't see Campbell and the new OC get him the ball as much as they did last year

1 catch for 7 yards. Ouch.

Not Cooley's fault.. Campbell is horrible- wrong offense for him- cant make reads quick enough and Zorn is an idiot

Cooley didn't draft himself... but Jason Campbell did draft Cooley. :overhead:

& Cooley drafted Jason Campbell. Those two are in for a long fantasy season...

<_< :overhead:

The reason that Campbell, Cooley and the Skins offense in general were terrible is because they were playing a defense that has been underrated by everyone. The Giants overall have not gotten the respect they deserve. Yes, they lost key guys on defense but they're still one of the better units in the league.

Bottom line is that Campbell, Cooley, Portis and everyone else will start putting up much better numbers when they're playing lesser defenses.

Like I was saying. 7 points against the Giants, 53 points in the next two games.

Like I was saying. 7 points against the Giants, 53 points in the next two games.

Should have been 60 if we woudn't have gotten screwed out of Devin Thomas's 66 yard TD. :dunno:

Not Cooley's fault.. Campbell is horrible- wrong offense for him- cant make reads quick enough and Zorn is an idiot

:rolleyes:

Should have been 60 if we woudn't have gotten screwed out of Devin Thomas's 66 yard TD. :rolleyes:

What the heck was the call there? I was in a suite at the game, you can't hear the PA, and all the TVs had the Ryder Cup on.

As an aside, not sure if you could see it on TV, but Thomas was WIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN for like 3 seconds. So, good toss by Campbell but he didn't go through his progressions.

What the heck was the call there? I was in a suite at the game, you can't hear the PA, and all the TVs had the Ryder Cup on.

As an aside, not sure if you could see it on TV, but Thomas was WIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN for like 3 seconds. So, good toss by Campbell but he didn't go through his progressions.

I was at the game as well. :(

Once I got home I checked the highlights and Heyer basically just leveled Dockett right as Campbell releases the ball. They ruled it as hitting a defenseless D-lineman. First, I've never heard that call before...Secondly, he should have been paying attention because the play was live and Campbell still had the ball...Lastly, I think the official overreacted because the severity of the hit...even though it was to Dockett's chest, not head face or back. :rolleyes:

BTW, you got season tickets? What section?

I was at the game as well. :lol:

Once I got home I checked the highlights and Heyer basically just leveled Dockett right as Campbell releases the ball. They ruled it as hitting a defenseless D-lineman. First, I've never heard that call before...Secondly, he should have been paying attention because the play was live and Campbell still had the ball...Lastly, I think the official overreacted because the severity of the hit...even though it was to Dockett's chest, not head face or back. :doublethumbsup:

BTW, you got season tickets? What section?

OK, that explains it. I assumed it was a holding call but it was moved back 15 yards, so figured it was a personal foul on a lineman for hands to the face, but calling a foul for hitting a defenseless lineman?? He should be benched anyway.

My company has a suite and I have a couple friends with season tickets. I made it to almost all of last year's games and will try to do the same this year.

You have season tickets?

OK, that explains it. I assumed it was a holding call but it was moved back 15 yards, so figured it was a personal foul on a lineman for hands to the face, but calling a foul for hitting a defenseless lineman?? He should be benched anyway.

My company has a suite and I have a couple friends with season tickets. I made it to almost all of last year's games and will try to do the same this year.

You have season tickets?

Yeah, between my father and brother we have 2 club level tickets. We're from Va. Beach, so it works out much better that you don't feel obligated to go to EVERY home game but I usually try to make to at least 3 to 4 games a year. The trip from the beach to the beltway is not that bad early on sunday morning but it can be hell leaving the games.

Jason Campbell was bad, but Chris Cooley was terrible.

He missed at least 4 key blocks that got Portis killed twice and a couple others that lost them yards. WOW he was bad.

They weren't even hard blocks, he just seemed to be not interested.

It's rare you see a player just miss on blocks without needing the replay, but Cooley did it at least 3 or 4 times.

Not surprising, seeing as how he can't block his own junk from appearing in pictures on the internet. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, between my father and brother we have 2 club level tickets. We're from Va. Beach, so it works out much better that you don't feel obligated to go to EVERY home game but I usually try to make to at least 3 to 4 games a year. The trip from the beach to the beltway is not that bad early on sunday morning but it can be hell leaving the games.

Cool, I live in Arlington now but ironically enough I'm in the process of attempting to relocate to Va Beach. Unfortunately, there aren't many (any?) corporate finance jobs there. So, it's been a tedious process thus far.

As far as hellish traffic after the game, I could see getting around a lot of the Belway trouble by heading west after the game and picking up 395. I've been stuck in traffic after a game and spent 1.5+ hours just to go 5 exits on the beltway south, so can't imagine the extra 16 or so get much better. There are a couple ways you can make it to 395S (which should be clear) most times in about 1 hour and avoid the Beltway altogether.