Sign in to follow this  
gatorcane

First Tom, now LT

LT i need you to score biotch not get hurt.

"LaDainian Tomlinson revealed in his post-game press conference that he hurt his toe in the Chargers' Week 1 game. He'll have it examined Monday.

Tomlinson termed the injury "turf toe," but said "it's not that bad" and "people don't need to freak out." Coach Norv Turner didn't list LT on his post-game injury report. Still, Tomlinson is worth checking on this week. He has a beautiful matchup in Week 2 against Denver"

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=122335

:shocking:

I hear his backup Turner the Burner is pretty good. Of course he hasn't proven sh!t yet and would be a bust on another team, especially one with a rookie QB and a crappy offense! :shocking:

:music_guitarred: Man, I hope this is not panic talk but are we seeing a changing of the guard here ? Week 1 and Brady looks to be out, LT and Peyton hurting that they're not playing up to their stud level ? Still decent, but not the numbers they usually put up ? Then some new faces putting up big numbers ?

Turf toe can be pretty bad.....Didn't one of those badazz Steeler players from the 70's D have to retire because of turf toe???? Lambert maybe???

I hear his backup Turner the Burner is pretty good. Of course he hasn't proven sh!t yet and would be a bust on another team, especially one with a rookie QB and a crappy offense! :first:

:pointstosky:

Turf toe can be pretty bad.....Didn't one of those badazz Steeler players from the 70's D have to retire because of turf toe???? Lambert maybe???

Yeah it was Lambert.

Also it destroyed Leonard Little's season last year. It caused ogden to miss a season. Among many more.

However it sounds pretty minor, and you would expect a running back like LT to play through a minor turf toe injury. However you would also expect him to play through a minor MCL sprain in an afc championship game.

Let's just say LT misses a game or two. Who is the backup to own? Sproles or Hester?

I grabbed Sproles late in a keeper league, largely because Waldman from here is high on him. He got a few carries yesterday, Hester got none. :bandana:

Leonard Little has bigger issues.

Yeah it was Lambert.

Also it destroyed Leonard Little's season last year. It caused ogden to miss a season. Among many more.

However it sounds pretty minor, and you would expect a running back like LT to play through a minor turf toe injury. However you would also expect him to play through a minor MCL sprain in an afc championship game.

would you pull the trigger to get lt2 for fwp and welker... or would you rather shoot your own foot?

any thoughts're cool. i think it's close and don't usually pull these stunts.

would you pull the trigger to get lt2 for fwp and welker... or would you rather shoot your own foot?

any thoughts're cool. i think it's close and don't usually pull these stunts.

Depending on who was behind Welker, yeah I would do it. Even with the toe injury. That being said, I would be a bit concerned about the turf toe. I wouldn't expect him to miss time, but toe injuries rob a player of explosiveness and it could limit his effectiveness, even if he still sees 350 carries this year.

Depending on who was behind Welker, yeah I would do it. Even with the toe injury. That being said, I would be a bit concerned about the turf toe. I wouldn't expect him to miss time, but toe injuries rob a player of explosiveness and it could limit his effectiveness, even if he still sees 350 carries this year.

yeah, i did it anyways... dunno why i even asked. appreciate the feed, though. i have bush, mjd, and freddie back, so i'll try and swing a wr for mjd, but either way. i am glad to be free of all that is vile and patriot. let me know if you need a second opinion on somethin throughout the year. can we send pms on this sweet, sweet site?

yeah, i did it anyways... dunno why i even asked. appreciate the feed, though. i have bush, mjd, and freddie back, so i'll try and swing a wr for mjd, but either way. i am glad to be free of all that is vile and patriot. let me know if you need a second opinion on somethin throughout the year. can we send pms on this sweet, sweet site?

Not sure about PM's. You can leave comments on a person's profile, but if someone ever did there's no telling when I might stumble across it. Personally, I think the mods should just merge this board and the little help board, but ban all "rate my team" posts. As others have pointed out, every question on here is started by someone trying to decide on who to start/trade for/etc. Why else would they start a conversation on the guy in the first place? Anyway, I feel like I read this board enough that I already know what everybody already thinks that I don't need to ask anyone's opinion. Usually I've already gotten it.

Turf toe totally blows.

I used to think it was the most poosay injury that kept an NFL player from playing...until it happened to me.

Damn turf toe made it painful to walk, let alone do anything athletic.

FWIW, it took FOR-EVER to heal and I can still sometimes feel a twinge years after the fact. All those little bones in your feet and it turns out they're all important.

Not sure about PM's. You can leave comments on a person's profile, but if someone ever did there's no telling when I might stumble across it. Personally, I think the mods should just merge this board and the little help board, but ban all "rate my team" posts. As others have pointed out, every question on here is started by someone trying to decide on who to start/trade for/etc. Why else would they start a conversation on the guy in the first place? Anyway, I feel like I read this board enough that I already know what everybody already thinks that I don't need to ask anyone's opinion. Usually I've already gotten it.

no doubt, they should just write articles and sell portfolios and clown shoes... this place has some fart smuckers though, sir. it's quite a good crew with the occasional dude who stumbles through the door just to fart on his way out. i like lt2 and bush as a backfield way better than bush and fwp or bush and mjd. ppr 3yr keeper league. feel better soon tomlintoe.

poosay

it isnt major.

I cant see LT sitting out a game because of it.

They'll sit him out a couple of practices and he will be fine.

Jesus focking christ! Can these over paid athlets stay healthy for an entire season? Is this too much to ask? I am sick of these poosays getting hurt. Wrap the toe up with a bandage and take two advils and get in the damn game.

Jesus focking christ! Can these over paid athlets stay healthy for an entire season? Is this too much to ask? I am sick of these poosays getting hurt. Wrap the toe up with a bandage and take two advils and get in the damn game.

Shut up, stupid. Have you ever played a sport and had a toe injury?

Sep 10 Mike Sullivan, of the North County Times, reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) missed the team's practice Wednesday, Sept. 10, but he is expected to play Week 2.

yahoo sports

Turf toe seems like one of those injuries that won't go away, and could get progressively worse. as an LT owner, i am worried. i have hester but not sproles.

Sep 10 Mike Sullivan, of the North County Times, reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) missed the team's practice Wednesday, Sept. 10, but he is expected to play Week 2.

yahoo sports

Turf toe seems like one of those injuries that won't go away, and could get progressively worse. as an LT owner, i am worried. i have hester but not sproles.

LOL! I am a tall, athletic alpha male.

With a complete inability to answer a direct question, apparently.

Shut up, stupid. Have you ever played a sport and had a toe injury?

Dude, I'm not sure you know who you're talking to.

Pimptdaddy , I mean, Dallas Empire, is the seven time reigning Texas Suck-off Champion. He even blew while injured in 2004. He swallowed the man-goo of 76 guys while having a slight meniscus tear. He's a battler.

Dude, I'm not sure you know who you're talking to.

Pimptdaddy , I mean, Dallas Empire, is the seven time reigning Texas Suck-off Champion. He even blew while injured in 2004. He swallowed the man-goo of 76 guys while having a slight meniscus tear. He's a battler.

Oh, I know who he is. We all have our own ways of dealing with him. Mine is usually a terse statement that includes the word "stupid." :dunno:

Oh, I know who he is. We all have our own ways of dealing with him. Mine is usually a terse statement that includes the word "stupid." :bandana:

I call him stupid everytime I post. See me sig. :dunno: