Sign in to follow this  
thabib25

Ravens vs Texans Game

not official, but from Houston and they mention it might be moved to Monday night depending on severity of the storm...

Linky

Not good.. Kris Brown is my only rostered kicker at the moment.. But it really sounds like they've rescheduled it for Monday night. Is there even a remote chance that twith the storm, they could bag an NFL game for the week? I cannot imagine that.. even if it had to be shifted to another city.

looking for link.. but FYI ...just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the game has been cancelled due to Hurricane Ike !!

Focking global warming cooling.

not official, but from Houston and they mention it might be moved to Monday night depending on severity of the storm...

Linky

Monday night I can deal with... But what happens if they can't play Monday night?

Does our Week 2 games hang in the balance until they play this make up game?

Monday night I can deal with... But what happens if they can't play Monday night?

Does our Week 2 games hang in the balance until they play this make up game?

As a commish, I will be warning the league of Ike. If the game is not played before week 3, the stats will not count.

Wusses

From PFT:

As Hurricane Ike continues to churn toward the Texas coast, no decisions have been made on when (or where) this weekend’s game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans will be played. Ike is due to strike early Saturday.

A league source tells us that more information is expected by 4:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, and that moving the game to Monday night is a possibility.

Some Sunday games have been moved to Monday nights in the past, due to things like conflicts with the World Series and wild fires in San Diego.

The twist here is that, if the game is moved to Monday night, there would be two games in Texas played at likely the same time: Eagles at Cowboys and Ravens at Texans.

With the storm due to hit on Saturday morning, the Ravens could be flying to Texas early and then waiting there for the game to be played, on Sunday or Monday.

UPDATE: Monday night reportedly is the target, but as FanHouse points out the storm might so bad that Monday night isn’t an option. We’ve heard a rumor that the game could be moved to Atlanta.

It's going to be played this week, either in Houston on Monday night, or a neutral site like Atlanta.

Relax.

If you are relying on Ravens or Texans not named A. Johnson, your season is already over. HTH.

As a commish, there is a correct way to play it:

Let whoever start Andre Johnson, Steve Slaton, etc.. But, they have to turn in a reserve player, to use his points in case the game can't be played.

For instance, in the one league that I have Andre Johnson in, I can just use Lee Evans or Eddie Royal as my reserve player, but if Houston plays I get Andre Johnson's points, and if they can't - I would get Evans or Royals points.

IMO, this is the only fair way to do it.

If you are relying on Ravens or Texans not named A. Johnson, your season is already over. HTH.

Right. The other players' stats don't count. Not at all. None of them.

Seriously, skids. You're better than that.

Right. The other players' stats don't count. Not at all. None of them.

Seriously, skids. You're better than that.

------------------ Humor ------------------------------------

Dan

:unsure:

------------------ Humor ------------------------------------

Dan

:unsure: :rolleyes: :huh:

Oh. :unsure:

Thanks for sharing.

7 years ago

Bingo

Me not being an internet d1ck for one second:

Proud to live in the greatest country in the world with all of you fine people. End of rant.

Bingo

Me not being an internet d1ck for one second:

Proud to live in the greatest country in the world with all of you fine people. End of rant.

Actually, that was just the first thing that popped into my head (as it should have been for anybody today :thumbsup: ).

But to answer the original question - Miami had a game moved to Friday night a few years ago due to a hurricane expected over the weekend. San Diego had a game moved due to wild fires (2006?)

Houston homer here (about to get the hell out of Dodge, so I can watch football this weekend and chill in the AC).

It is definitely rescheduled for Monday night. However, this is the first time we have taken a direct hit since Hurricane Alicia in 1983. During that storm in '83, the electricity was out for over a week in most places (even longer in other places). Also, like always here in Houston when a massive storm hits, it will flood and flood and flood (there are many bayous and creeks throughout the area).

IMO, as a Houston homer, there is a very good chance they will not be able to play on Monday night due to the fallout after the storm.

It's been rescheduled for Monday night, but I think the NFL is simply trying to buy some more time and see just how bad it will be. If Ike hits where it's supposed to hit, as strong as it's supposed to hit, there's no way that Houston is hosting a MNF game.

The bye week alternative being discussed is as follows:

Give Houston and Baltimore Week 2 byes.

In Week 8, Cincinatti and Houston play (Game was scheduled for Week 10, and both teams have Week 8 byes)

In Week 10, Cincy gets their bye week, and Houston/Baltimore play (Baltimore is originally scheduled for a week 10 bye).

My guess is that the NFL waits to see how bad Ike will really be, and on Saturday or Sunday they announce that the game has been postponed until Week 10, and they employ that plan above.

does anyone know the last time the NFL did this???

Last I can recall, maybe in '04, a hurricane in Florida forced the NFL to reschedule a game between Pittsburgh Steelers at Miami Dolphins. It was rescheduled from a Sunday 1 PM start to a 8:30 PM start that same day.

One other time, a Miami / NE game was rescheduled due to a hurricame, but both teams had a bye week on the same week, so the game was played on the originally scheduled bye week.