Sign in to follow this  
Zangief

Scheffler or Carlson?

I've had enough of Shockey and Vernon Davis. Who do you think will be better going forward, Scheffler of Carlson?

Well, the Seahawks are now holding fan lotteries during pre-game to see who gets to play WR. So Carlson is going to get more looks.

Scheffler had a big week, but I don't trust Shanny on anything FF-related, and you gotta wonder how many points he's going to get from week to week with Marshall and Royal in the mix.

I'd lean towards Carlson, but it's very close. And I'd hold onto Shockey, I think he'll get better as the season progresses.

Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board.

With all due respect, this isn't a "team management question" just because I mentioned what TE's I have. I'm sure a ton of people are looking for a waiver wire TE and Scheffler and Carlson are the two top options in a lot of leagues.

90% of the threads on this forum are team management questions. Most posters just phrase them in a way that doesn't make it seem obvious.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a no-brainer? Carlson is the flavor of the week, or month, whatever the case ends up being. Branch and Engram will be back in a month or two. Scheffler is on one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL with a QB that looks his way often. How on earth is he on waivers?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a no-brainer? Carlson is the flavor of the week, or month, whatever the case ends up being. Branch and Engram will be back in a month or two. Scheffler is on one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL with a QB that looks his way often. How on earth is he on waivers?

What he said.

Gotta disagree, I am a Hawks homer, but I see a lot of chemistry forming between hasslechoke and Carlson. In the second half Carlson was his go to guy and performing very well.

It's not even close.

Carlson is a decent option who maybe should be available in shallow leagues (he was drafted in my deeper league), but he is not even in the same conversation with Scheffler. Take any aspect - high octane offense, hot QB, other weapons that will prevent teams from focusing on him, proven ability, et al.

Not even close.

WTF gives birth to these posters?

Hey, should I take the guy who had two TDs this week, from the most productive QB this year, against one of the top rated defenses, who also happen to have a great receiver tandem?

Or should I take the guy who is about to be triple-covered because their other receivers are about to be walk-ins or Mariners?

They both have had the same number of throws go their way. I am queing up Scheffler first and Carlson second on my waiver request. I just think Scheffler will get more touchdown chances with Denver but they are pretty even.

Gotta disagree, I am a Hawks homer, but I see a lot of chemistry forming between hasslechoke and Carlson. In the second half Carlson was his go to guy and performing very well.

Glad to hear from a Hawks homer. I wonder, though, what will his role be when Hass actually has a receiver who deserves to be playing in the NFL?

Glad to hear from a Hawks homer. I wonder, though, what will his role be when Hass actually has a receiver who deserves to be playing in the NFL?

High end: Carlson continues to be the drop down go to guy, as so far he doesn't seem to have the dropsies that every other WR/TE has had in Seattle. If that continues I see him finishing in the top 15 TE's in a PPR league, not so much in non PPR, as he seems to be fitting into the checkdown role very well.

Low end: he gets next to nothing as Seattle continues to try running with scrubs for an O-line and they need Carlson to block on every play.

Carlson will outscore Scheffler by the end of the year.

Denver will not score 40 points every game, and Cutler will not throw 300+, 3 TDs every game. Denver has too many weapons in Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall. Scheffler is not even a full time TE! TE's are the QB's security blanket when WR's are covered, they have someone to dump it to... so when Scheffler is on the bench because he can't block worth crap.... he won't get those passes.

I watched the entire Seahawks game last week, and he was targeted several times and when Hass had to scramble from the pocket, he'll find Carlson somewhere..... Also, Branch and Engram are not even close to Marshall and Royal in talent. Bot are coming back from injuries and won't be 100% anytime soon.....

Again, Carlson will outscore Scheffler, starting the next game and by the end of the year, he will be a top 10 TE.

i really dont know much about carlson but scheffler looks like he can be top 5 tight end easy.......cutler is for real guys.......they will score alot of pts...scheffler has 2 tds.....also had one catch go right thru his hands for another easy TD.......he is said to have great hands so the drop doesnt concern me. ill take a tight end whose qb is one of the top qbs in the game who also looks to scheffler often, as evidenced by last years games.

High end: Carlson continues to be the drop down go to guy, as so far he doesn't seem to have the dropsies that every other WR/TE has had in Seattle. If that continues I see him finishing in the top 15 TE's in a PPR league, not so much in non PPR, as he seems to be fitting into the checkdown role very well.

Low end: he gets next to nothing as Seattle continues to try running with scrubs for an O-line and they need Carlson to block on every play.

OK, I think consensus here is that Scheffler finishes the season in the top 8. So, the answer is Scheffler unless you think he finishes outside or near the end of the top 15.

I got so excited when some idiot dropped Owen Daniels for Dante Rosario last week.

I was laughing as I put in my first waiver to drop Scheffler and grab Daniels. I didn't like that Scheffler only got 2 targets (dropped a TD), and played about half the downs in week 1. He got lucky on that long pass, but thought he might be in the Rat's doghouse after that dropped TD.

Then to top it off the Texans game get cancelled so I had to plug in LJ Smith off waivers who got me jack squat.

So go figure he goes off for 2 TDs and now I'm the one who feels like an idiot! :music_guitarred:

I still like Daniels this year as Schaub looks his way often, but Scheffler and the Broncos look poised for a big year!

I just picked Carlson up to replace Heath Miller, mainly based on this weeks matchup. He's playing well and Hass has no other choice but to throw to him.

If Scheffler had beeen available I would have picked him up.

Hey, should I take the guy who had two TDs this week, from the most productive QB this year, against one of the top rated defenses, who also happen to have a great receiver tandem?

Or should I take the guy who is about to be triple-covered because their other receivers are about to be walk-ins or Mariners?

:pointstosky: :dunno:

right... and all the best TE's have great receivers around them.... I like how Gates managed to do it with his AWESOME group of WRs around him in the past years... or even Tony Gonzalez when he was the best TE around.

Good WR's will get their numbers..... and Marshall and Royal will get their TDs.. TE's will always be #2 or #3 option. Why wouldn't you want someone that is the #1 option over the #3 option?

my lineup this week is going to have.

Cutler

Young

Marshall

Scheffler

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS! :pointstosky: