Sign in to follow this  
Stifler

Will Ryan Grant And/or Braylon Edwards Ever Come Around?

I have both Ryan Grant and Braylon Edwards on my team and they are killing me. It looks like Grant is beginning to lose carries to Brandon Jackson and Mr. Butterfingers has a QB problem/controversy brewing.

Will either of these guys turn it around or should I cut my losses? How many of you are holding out hope? Have any of you traded either of them away recently? Hell, do either have ANY trade value left?

Being 0-3 makes me uneasy.

I have both Ryan Grant and Braylon Edwards on my team and they are killing me. It looks like Grant is beginning to lose carries to Brandon Jackson and Mr. Butterfingers has a QB problem/controversy brewing.

Will either of these guys turn it around or should I cut my losses? How many of you are holding out hope? Have any of you traded either of them away recently? Hell, do either have ANY trade value left?

What makes you think he is beginning to lose carries to Jackson?

Week 1 Grant...12 Jackson...7

week 2 Grant...15 Jackson...7

Week 3 Grant...13 Jackson...3

That is actually trending completely opposite to what you say.

Add in Grant and the team saying he looks and feels better this week than he last and than he has since the start of the season.

Yes, an RB who will get the majority of the carries for a team, because despite the talk on some of these message boards, he is still the most talented back they have...he still has value.

I would move Grant, he was a one hit wonder, held out of preseason, has a nagging hammy, nothing good will come from him. Edwards on the other hand, I would keep.

Everytime a RB holds out, it never ends up well.....usually. Move him.

I would move Grant, he was a one hit wonder, held out of preseason, has a nagging hammy, nothing good will come from him. Edwards on the other hand, I would keep.

Im not saying im right, but I STRONGELY suggest you dont move grant right now. In a trade id be VERY hard pressed to think someone would give you ANYTHING AT ALL for the guy today. You HAVE to hold him and see.

The one good thing about Grant is that his carries are coming on more and more. This week is the first week he has practices full time.

Now, if you want to move him, wait till he has that 20 carry 100 and a td game (or better).

A. He did not hold out. He was not under contract.

B. The hammy is getting better and I believe the starting center comes back this week, moving Spitz back to guard to move Moll out of the lineup (and that is a good thing).

I love people just exclaiming he is a one hit wonder like its fact.

A. He did not hold out. He was not under contract.

B. The hammy is getting better and I believe the starting center comes back this week, moving Spitz back to guard to move Moll out of the lineup (and that is a good thing).

I love people just exclaiming he is a one hit wonder like its fact.

Not say its a fact, its my opinion, and yes he did hold out of training camp for 7 days because he did not like the first offer the Packers gave him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3516660

ETA: I understand he did not have a contract in place, but he also didnt show up for training camp. I also understand why he didnt show up....if he would have got hurt without a contract, he would have been screwed. I'm talking about FF players that "holdout" or miss time at camp, something usually bad comes out of it. Players that holdout IMO is like the Madden curse.

Not say its a fact, its my opinion, and yes he did hold out of training camp for 7 days because he did not like the first offer the Packers gave him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3516660

ETA: I understand he did not have a contract in place, but he also didnt show up for training camp. I also understand why he didnt show up....if he would have got hurt without a contract, he would have been screwed. I'm talking about FF players that "holdout" or miss time at camp, something usually bad comes out of it. Players that holdout IMO is like the Madden curse.

Holding out is when you are under contract.

He was not under contract...therefore could not come to camp until he had a contract.

Sure...bad things can come out of it.

He missed about a week...hardly a big deal from that...the injury issue is the only one that matters and it appears its getting better.

Green Bay's running game started very slow last year too before rounding into shape. Maybe after the smashing they took from Dallas, they will realize that putting the entire offense on Rogers back is not a great idea and they will emphasize the run more. Most feature-backs need at least 20-25 touches to establish any kind of rhythm. Right now Grant is not even getting 15. I would recommend patience.

Im not saying im right, but I STRONGELY suggest you dont move grant right now. In a trade id be VERY hard pressed to think someone would give you ANYTHING AT ALL for the guy today. You HAVE to hold him and see.

The one good thing about Grant is that his carries are coming on more and more. This week is the first week he has practices full time.

Now, if you want to move him, wait till he has that 20 carry 100 and a td game (or better).

All of the arguements being made are the exact arguements that I am struggling with. I was actually offered a trade today for Grant

Grant and Bowe

for

K. Smith and Megatron

I am considering taking it. The next question is who has more value Bowe or Edwards (compared to Megatron)?

Grant has been removed from the injury list so he's got that going for him; which is nice................... :music_guitarred:

If you've held onto him for this long give it another three weeks or so; after TB comes ATL, Seattle, Indy.

All of the arguements being made are the exact arguements that I am struggling with. I was actually offered a trade today for Grant

Grant and Bowe

for

K. Smith and Megatron

I am considering taking it. The next question is who has more value Bowe or Edwards (compared to Megatron)?

I'm on the flip side of the coin with Grant. (Dynasty PPR) I have a trade in the works where I give up Grant & Jordy Nelson for Bowe & 1st round draft choice... Dang!

I just made a trade and bundled Grant.

I traded Ryan Grant, Matt Forte, Greg Jennings

for

Ladainian Tomlinson, Calvin Johnson, Steve Slaton

My Team After Trade

Jay Cutler

Earnest Graham

Jon Stewart

LT

Fitzgerald

Steve Smith

Calvin Johnson

Today was the 2nd Packers game I've seen this year, and Grant is focking terrible. Just awful. No burst. No vision. Indecisive, and when he decides quickly he gets tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage. Just awful.

I just made a trade and bundled Grant.

I traded Ryan Grant, Matt Forte, Greg Jennings

for

Ladainian Tomlinson, Calvin Johnson, Steve Slaton

:thumbsup:

Today was the 2nd Packers game I've seen this year, and Grant is focking terrible. Just awful. No burst. No vision. Indecisive, and when he decides quickly he gets tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage. Just awful.

I suggest you watch more.

And if he is getting hit at or behind the LOS...why is he so awful. Why not put any blame on the Oline?

Grant's line today...15 carries for 20 yards and a fumble. Yikes! What a waste of a second round pick for me!

I suggest some of you don't just look at stat lines.

I suggest some of you don't just look at stat lines.

I was coaching my sons football game during this game so I DVRd it and am gonna catch it, but Grants stat line is BAD. Did you see something different in the game?

I read McCarthys post game presser, and it really didnt sound like he was to happy about the running game as a whole and my take is he was bitter about the time Grant missed and how out of sync the running game is...

I was coaching my sons football game during this game so I DVRd it and am gonna catch it, but Grants stat line is BAD. Did you see something different in the game?

I read McCarthys post game presser, and it really didnt sound like he was to happy about the running game as a whole and my take is he was bitter about the time Grant missed and how out of sync the running game is...

His first few runs he looked strong.

After that...the line was just pitiful.

Count how many times he gets hit in the backfield.

There was little there for him today.

Im not saying he played well...but look beyond just the stats.

Tampa was manhandling GB's line today.

I suggest you watch more.

And if he is getting hit at or behind the LOS...why is he so awful. Why not put any blame on the Oline?

His O-line didn't play very well, but Grant turned no-gains into 3-yard losses. I watched the whole game today. He looked ok on the 1st series but he was tentative after that, and didn't seem to look for the cut-back lane. He just slowly plodded along even when face with an imminent TFL. He didn't try to get the extra yard or two. Maybe it's his hammy, but if it's bothering him that much he should be resting it.