Sign in to follow this  
RockyTop

Best Possible Running Back 1-2 Punch

Who are the 2 BEST running backs for the rest of the year?

After pulling off a big trade my 2 starting running backs are AP and Marion Barber (I've got FWP if either falters).

Is this the best possible running back duo for the rest of the year? Obviously I could trade these guys and get anyone else I wanted. Should I stick with these guys? Maybe trade MBIII for Gore or Turner?

Sjackson, MTurner, MLynch, JStewart and Fargas...

would really like to pull off a trade to move Lynch for Portis.

I have MBIII, Portis, Parker and Stewart...

Portis schedule is SWEET starting this week!

I got MBIII, Portis, Stewart (and DeAngelo), and Kev Smith as well. And oh, my WRs are Fitz, Colston, and Megatron. My QBs are Garrard and Aaron Rodgers yet my team ranked 8th in win/loss record (1-4). Unbelievable!!! :unsure:

I'm going back and forth deciding whether to even try to pry away ADP from his owner (I have Warner and CJ3 to offer, though I'd rather not give them straight up for him..might be the only way to do it though). Trying to recover from the worst fantasy week I have ever had. A total points league with TD heavy scoring..and I had Brees/Marshall/Holmes/Moore/Barber/Stewart/T Gonzalez/Lindell/Buffalo (aka 1 TD combined). :unsure:

I have MBIII, Portis, Parker and Stewart...

Portis schedule is SWEET starting this week!

You're missing something pal. Portis still has Pittsburgh on the schedule and Baltimore and Philly during fantasy playoffs.

I'll take mine, thanks:

Ronnie Brown: 1st in points per game.

Brian Westbrook: 6th in points per game (including a donut)

Steve Slaton: 7th in points per game (exclude game 1, when he wasn't starting, and he's #1)

:overhead:

You're missing something pal. Portis still has Pittsburgh on the schedule and Baltimore and Philly during fantasy playoffs.

Putting Philly there is a misnomer. He already ran roughshod on them . . . in Philadelphia.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are legitimate concerns, especially Baltimore, affecting playoffs. But that's a ways off, and difficult to surmise what that defense is going to look like then. Ray Lewis is banged up now, and certainly that's impacting on the attitude and effectiveness of especially the run defense.

Portis is nails right now. You'd be foolish to not want him.

I have Barber and will probably try to deal him after the next few games, which are good matchups and should hopefully boost his value. Barber's playoff schedule is not good, and I think I've got a shot at the playoffs. Matchups make a big difference this year given the disparity between the good defenses and the bad defenses.

Adrian has a great playoff schedule, but the key is for Minnesota to open things up with the passing attack. If the not so tough Saints can completely shut down Adrian, anyone can. Unless Frerotte makes them pay enough leading up to the playoffs.

Picking at 11 out of 12 in my main league.

C Portis

F Gore - he fell far(2.02)

Ronnie Brown

However look at these runningbacks i have in my 14 team dynasty team

FWP

Pittman

S Young

D Sproles

D Foster

MeMo

This week i am starting Pittman and Sproles :wub:

sure i will play along.....Gore, Forte, jackson, d. williams, fargas... is it any wonder i am first in points.......and 4-1

Who are the 2 BEST running backs for the rest of the year?

After pulling off a big trade my 2 starting running backs are AP and Marion Barber (I've got FWP if either falters).

Is this the best possible running back duo for the rest of the year? Obviously I could trade these guys and get anyone else I wanted. Should I stick with these guys? Maybe trade MBIII for Gore or Turner?

It is not obvious and I don't think you can.