Sign in to follow this  
HenryChinaski

Sneaky Plays this week? Steve Breaston, etc.

Who are the geeks' surprise plays this week?

Injuries are starting to stack up, while bye weeks are, as well. This is probably a very tough week for more than a few owners, as its becoming increasingly difficult to field a talented starting lineup.

Steve Breaston looks to be the best "sneaky" play this week, that is if he's still available on your waiver-wire. I just picked him up in 3 leagues today, as he was needed to fill in for Calvin Johnson in 2 leagues, and possibly Deangelo Williams in another. Breason has combined for 16 catches and 199 yards the past two weeks, as he seems to be a perfect fit while filling in for Anquan Boldin. The biggest reason to be excited about him, is the high probability that the Dallas/Cards game is going to be a high scoring affair, as neither pass defense has had very much success this year, while both run defenses have been solid. Larry Fitzgerald is going to command the majority of Dallas' attention, as Breaston is far from a household name, which should lead to some serious fantasy scoring opportunities this week. He really seems to be the real deal, its not just because of the favorable situation, the guy can really play. I think he has a great chance for 100+ with 1-2 TDs.

I'm still debating on whether or not to start him over Deangelo Williams, as I'm really worried about the Panthers matchup with Tampa Bay. The Bucs have been shutting down talented RBs all year so far, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that this game will be any different, even with Williams' breakout performance last week. I will still be starting Deangelo in one league, so all won't be lost if he does perform well - or poorly, as I'm limiting his upside and downside.

I was looking at Bobby Engram really hard this week, as I thought the Seahawks offense had an excellent chance to break out, but Hass isn't going to play, so Engram is going back to the bench. But for the rest of the season, I really like Bobby Engram's potential; he will get you those 8-9 points every week, that can usually make the difference between a win and a loss.

So what do you guys think? Who are your sneaky plays this week?

Bobby Wade is a sneaky play against the Lions this week. I'm even starting C. Taylor along with ADP against them. God they suck. Too bad they are my team :overhead:

Bobby Wade is a sneaky play against the Lions this week. I'm even starting C. Taylor along with ADP against them. God they suck. Too bad they are my team :overhead:

you stole my pick... Wade should do fine tommorrow... though I am not as big on C. Taylor, I like Ladell betts to knock out a hundred tommorrow...

jdon

Im going with Chester Taylor as well here. If you've had him stashed on your bench, nows the time to put him in if your feeling the bye week sting.

Minn should be all over Detroit in this one, and once AP does his damage, Chester should get his stats in garbage time.

As long as Boldin is out I don't think Breaston should be sneaking up on anyone.

said it in the T.Jones thread, but i kinda like L.Washington this wk. the Cincy D was tough up the middle, soft on the outside last wk. i'm starting him in a ppr due to injuries, and byes.

not sure it qualifies as sneaky, but i'm also starting Sammy Morris in the same league due to injuries, and byes. but with Lamont and Maroney not gettin reps, he should get plenty of reps. i guess you say the same thing about faulk.

I think that the following players should be considered sneaky and decent #3 options:

Miles Austin

Brandon Stokely

Bobby Wade

Greg Camarillo

Craig "Buster" Davis

Devin Hester

Now I'm desperately looking for a #3 WR and am trying to decide between Stokely, Wade, Camarillo, Buster Davis and Miles Austin. Which of the following is the best option??? Help!!!

I think that the following players should be considered sneaky and decent #3 options:

Miles Austin

Brandon Stokely

Bobby Wade

Greg Camarillo

Craig "Buster" Davis

Devin Hester

Now I'm desperately looking for a #3 WR and am trying to decide between Stokely, Wade, Camarillo, Buster Davis and Miles Austin. Which of the following is the best option??? Help!!!

I like Patrick Crayton this week over Austin

I picked up Engram and Breaston before last week, so lets hope you're right. With Bowe and Colston not playing it's going to be a rough day.

If it weren't for Reggie Bush, Matt Prater, and TENN D I would be awful this year.

I like Patrick Crayton this week over Austin

Looks like I was 1 for 2 with my sleeper picks this week. I started Crayton after I learned that Colston was not active but then I started Fasano instead of Calvin Johnson. I had a feeling that Fasano would have a great game based on what Houston has allowed for TE this year. Add to the fact that Det played a no name QB and I knew for sure I made the right call. Well I learned that all important lesson. Never bench your studs.

Thank goodness I had AJ this week!

not sure it qualifies as sneaky, but i'm also starting Sammy Morris in the same league due to injuries, and byes. but with Lamont and Maroney not gettin reps, he should get plenty of reps. i guess you say the same thing about faulk.

I picked up Faulk this week to play with MJD on the bench. With Felix hurt, Perry sucking, Sproles not really an option, and not feasible really to start B. Jackson with my other starter, R. Grant, I figured Faulk might be worth a shot. Read that Denver has struggled with shifty, small backs lately, at least they did last week with MJD. :pointstosky:

I picked up Faulk this week to play with MJD on the bench. With Felix hurt, Perry sucking, Sproles not really an option, and not feasible really to start B. Jackson with my other starter, R. Grant, I figured Faulk might be worth a shot. Read that Denver has struggled with shifty, small backs lately, at least they did last week with MJD. :pointstosky:

You do realize this post originally started on the 12th don't you and that the originator was talking about last weeks games? :headbanger:

You do realize this post originally started on the 12th don't you and that the originator was talking about last weeks games? :wall:

What's the difference?

He wanted to tell people about his sneaky play for this week..

Why does that bother you?

What's the difference?

He wanted to tell people about his sneaky play for this week..

Why does that bother you?

Didn't say it did, was just pointing it out to him. If that is the case, why not another thread for this week?

But since you brought it up, why does it bother you that I pointed this out?

It's a bit sneaky but only because of shear necessity but I'm starting Bulger vs. Cowgirls.

He's home, and he's getting Avery back. They are coming off a win. I could see 220 and 2 TDs. More like praying.

Didn't say it did, was just pointing it out to him. If that is the case, why not another thread for this week?

But since you brought it up, why does it bother you that I pointed this out?

Didn't say it did, was just pointing it out to him.

This is nothing. On the geek board I typically bump threads that are over two years old. Why? Cause I can. :banana:

I agree that Breaston is a sneaky play this week. Why? The element of surprise!

Arizona has a BYE and your opponent won't even be expecting you to play him!

Funny ###### I must say!

:thumbsdown:

Melwelde Moore vs Cincy

Agreed. Moore was really decent in his last game against Jacksonville and I am pretty certain the Bengals aren't quite the Jaguars defense.

And yes, I am talking about this weeks game.

'Reeeeal men of genius........."

Leon Washington was available in one of my leagues this week. Could be a sneaky play versus KC in the Meadowlands. :overhead:

It's a bit sneaky but only because of shear necessity but I'm starting Bulger vs. Cowgirls.

He's home, and he's getting Avery back. They are coming off a win. I could see 220 and 2 TDs. More like praying.

He could have easily gotten what I predicted if a TD wasn't called back and he didn't overthrow a wide open bomb to Avery. He got me the win anyways with his 180 1 TD. :thumbsup:

He might be a decent play this week vs. NE as well but I gotta ride the horse(Warner) I came in on vs. Carolina.

Leon Washington was available in one of my leagues this week. Could be a sneaky play versus KC in the Meadowlands. :pointstosky:

I'm desperate at RB and would be playing Ward so I picked him up and will be starting him

FOCK YOU LJ