Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Tight End trouble?

Every year it seems I have a never ending rotating tight end problem. Now don't get me wrong, this is by design. I usually wait on TE's because the variance between number 5 and number 15 is usually not that great. So unless I got a Witten for a steal, I usually don't draft a TE until the later rounds. I'm sure there are others like me out there so let us ban together and figure out who the hell we should target going forward. The Winslow/Scheffler/Shockey owners have prolly been searching around the waivers for some of these guys as well.

Vernon Davis - made a splash last week for the first time all season. 6 for 75 yards. Is this a sign of things to come in that offense, or just a blip on the radar?

Alge Crumpler - With the Tenn bye last week some people forgot he had his best game of the season in week 5. Could he be a redzone target for Collins or is he washed up?

Dustin Keller - are there just to many TE's on the Jets to rely on this guy?

What about one week wonders like Fasono and Rosario? Were they just a flash in the pan?

Marcedes Lewis and Alex Smith I just cannot put a finger on.

Every year there is a few of these guys that bust out, we need to find him. :pointstosky:

I've given up on Fasano. They seem to use him only when I'm not starting him.

Alex Smith seems to be pretty involved with the passing game and a big redzone target for Garcia.

M. Lewis looked involved in the last two games, but I can't see him being a consistent contributor on points.

Crumpler is not doing anything with Scaife there.

Davis is intriguing, but he's not getting the looks at all. I thin he has the most upside out of the bunch with a huge risk of never catching anything.

Vernon Davis' game against the Eagles WAS a fluke. As an Eagles fan, I've watched every single TE have career games against them. Their LBs can't cover a TE for sh!t. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the Eagles have the worst stats against the opposition's TE in the league. Don't be fooled!

I like Keller a lot. Favre looks to him in the endzone a lot. He may not have a ton of catches or yardage, but he's a good bet to get at least a chance to score a TD every game

Vernon Davis' game against the Eagles WAS a fluke. As an Eagles fan, I've watched every single TE have career games against them. Their LBs can't cover a TE for sh!t. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the Eagles have the worst stats against the opposition's TE in the league. Don't be fooled!

Good point about the Philly D. Because of their blitz packages it seem TE's get off on them. However SF plays the Giants this week. Did you see both the Cleveland no name TE's have alot of success against them on Monday Night? I think VD may be a sleeper this week. :music_guitarred:

I like Keller a lot. Favre looks to him in the endzone a lot. He may not have a ton of catches or yardage, but he's a good bet to get at least a chance to score a TD every game

I thought Id like Keller alot too...so I picked him up over others (like Alex Smith) while Kellen had his sack issue.

His 0 catches and 0 points were great.

Look...the guy caught 2 TDs this year and has like 80 yards or so I think.

I just don't think he will have the opportunities.

I think Crumpler is a good choice even with Scaife there as the Titans just don't have a ton of receiving options.

I like what they have done with Alex Smith while Garcia is in there and he is a nice choice too.

Im just watching how Winslow progresses this week before I decide if I need to make a pickup.

Hopefully he is back and good to go as Cleveland looked better this week and was getting the ball to the TE.

Is John Carlson still available for anybody? Frye couldn't be much worse than last week going forward and Carlson still had a TD and the most targets and catches for Seattle too. Think he will continue to be a decent TE option with the Hawks mess at WR.

I just dropped Fasano for Alex Smith. Smith is involved in that passing game. I thought Jeremy Stevens would come in and take away his catches but thats not the case and doesn't look like that will happen. Fasano lost looks and catches last week to Martin. I think another TE who will be good going forward if he is available in anyone's league and if he can stay healthy is LJ Smith. He caught a TD last week and was very vocal after the game about how he wanted to be involved in the passing game more.

i was going to suggest you see a doctos baout your tight end trouble

Not only do I have tight end trouble, but I just picked up VD as well.

You just worry about that dyslexia :dunno:

Whats a doctos :pointstosky:

Good point about the Philly D. Because of their blitz packages it seem TE's get off on them. However SF plays the Giants this week. Did you see both the Cleveland no name TE's have alot of success against them on Monday Night? I think VD may be a sleeper this week. :thumbsup:

When Steve Heiden is always open you've got problems. Dinkins scored against cover-2 because A.Pierce couldn't get back fast enough with his hamstring problem. I think I do like Vernon for this week.

Is John Carlson still available for anybody? Frye couldn't be much worse than last week going forward and Carlson still had a TD and the most targets and catches for Seattle too. Think he will continue to be a decent TE option with the Hawks mess at WR.

I think Wallace will be the QB this week. Not sure if this is a plus, minus or whatever for Carlson

I like Dustin Keller a lot. I know he had zero catches and zero points this Sunday (I should know cause I started him) but Favre threw him a TD during the game that was called back. Favre then ended up tossing the TD to T. Jones.

As for Vernon Davis, I thought for sure he would be the sleeper TE in my league. I drafted him late and expected big things but got nothing in return. I also think his game against the Eagles was a fluke. The Eagles are a good D but horrible against the TE. Just check out the numbers Cooley posted the week before against them. Also, Martz doesn't utilize the TE.

I also like Zach Miller but you always have to worry which Jamarcus Russell will show up on Sundays.

When Steve Heiden is always open you've got problems. Dinkins scored against cover-2 because A.Pierce couldn't get back fast enough with his hamstring problem. I think I do like Vernon for this week.

Heiden's a good TE - put up solid numbers prior to big balls' arrival.

Greg Olsen has put together two solid games the last two weeks, much to my relief. I've been scrambling at TE all year.