Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

You heard it here 1st

Peyton Hillis: I'm very confident that his stat line will be something like: 14 rushess for 55 yards, 5 recepts 70 yds, 1TD.

Pull this sucker up after the Denver game and compare.

Peyton Hillis: I'm very confident that his stat line will be something like: 14 rushess for 55 yards, 5 recepts 70 yds, 1TD.

Are you willing to go as far to say that he'll post better numbers than studs going up against top defenses such as MBIII, LT2, and Thomas Jones? :thumbsdown:

R U the guy who predicted TE Graham to catch a TD last week? If you are, I'm listening.

I don't think I said that at all. I said he was a very likely RB sleeper of the week, and that I felt he could hit the stat line I projected for him.

I think Thomas Jones is a very good play against NE (in my top 12 RBs). LT is LT even against PIT I'll also put him in the top 12 RBs this week. And Barber could put up top 6 RB numbers against WASH.

I think that Hillis could put up great numbers for your flex spot and be a reasonable RB2 this week for most teams in a 12 team league.

I think Tatum Bell is a better start over Hillis.

I also think as far as sleepers go Ahman Green is a good start this week.

:thumbsup:

I really would like to know why you think that, especially regarding Mr. Bell. Please explain.

I can't think of even one reason to have Bell or A Green on any of my teams, much less start either of them.

I have to agree with the Bell statement, he knows the offense and really wasnt that bad his first go around, what kills running backs in Denver is shanahan, one mistake and you are limited to 3 carries a game. With the lack of competition Bell should do well, I say 10-17 carries 70-80yds and a TD, besides he steals from everyone else, why not steal carries from the the white guy! Ha Ha!

I really would like to know why you think that, especially regarding Mr. Bell. Please explain.

I can't think of even one reason to have Bell or A Green on any of my teams, much less start either of them.

I guess super sleeper would be a better characterization of them both. Slaton is supposedly exhausted, so if Green can stay healthy I can definitely see him getting 50% or more of the carries moving forward. Maybe a Fred Taylor like role, but with an actual o-line to run behind.

Bell really has no competition. Do you really think a big white full back is going to get all the carries in Denver? The answer is no.

Check his pockets!

For this week, it probably will be Peyton Hillis getting more of the work unless, as Shanahan put it, Tatum was in football shape. Now I know you can stay in shape on your own time...but I'm thinking selling phones on MOnday and then playing in the NFL on Tuesday might make it tough to be in football shape. For the long run I think Tatum is the better play, but if you need a one week plug and play, Hillis is worth a look anyways.

last week tatum bell was selling cell phones in a denver area mall. seriously. you should definitely go out, get him, and start him this week.

He owns a cell phone shop. I love the media "He was a bum selling Boost mobile throw a way phone just 4 days ago and now he's starting in the NFL..." :pointstosky:

Hillis isn't really a sleeper, acause he's a feature back in a good matchup.

I'd rather have Norwood.

Hillis isn't really a sleeper, acause he's a feature back in a good matchup.

I'd rather have Norwood.

Here is your real sleeper for this week ! NORWOOD in garbage time gets 80 and 40 rec and 2 TDs !!! :overhead:

last week tatum bell was selling cell phones in a denver area mall. seriously. you should definitely go out, get him, and start him this week.

LOL...no Sh!t!

Anyone who thinks Bell is worth a start has serious roster issues (mental issues too).

... besides he steals from everyone else, why not steal carries from the the white guy! Ha Ha!

:doublethumbsup:

Mr. Cadillac Williams anyone? You want sleeper - I'll give you sleeper. No other heathy backs - on a team that likes to pound the rock - who's with me?

Mr. Cadillac Williams anyone? You want sleeper - I'll give you sleeper. No other heathy backs - on a team that likes to pound the rock - who's with me?

Larry Johnson is the RB Sleeper of the week and for the next 4 -5 weeks although he won't be sleeping after this week.

Larry Johnson is the RB Sleeper of the week and for the next 4 -5 weeks although he won't be sleeping after this week.

You start him over which one? MJD or LenWhale this week?

He owns a cell phone shop. I love the media "He was a bum selling Boost mobile throw a way phone just 4 days ago and now he's starting in the NFL..." :doublethumbsup:

I think you are missing his point, the guy won;t be ready to do squat this week, denver will throw 40+ times again

Started him over MJD. I stand by my projection. Also, since this is a PPR league, I would start him over LJ (who I also like to have a reasonable week and is a good play for the rest of the season.)

I got Hillis off the wire this week. Would you really start him over MJD in a PPR? I have both and with Portis hurting looking at Jamal and MJD right now and was gonna wait on Hillis.

You don't think Tatum is gonna run like he's carrying stolen luggage and have a HUGE game?

Why do you question me? I SAID I was starting him over MJD. This is what playing a match-up is all about. Hillis LED Arkansas in receptions in 2 of the last 3 years. That means he had more recepts than F Jones, D Mac, or any other receiver. He's got great hands and caught 7 passes in the first game (actually about half the game) Denver actually used him as RB.

In the funky razorback offense, they occasionally split him out wide as a flanker and threw to him down-field. I believe he caught a TD pass for 67 yards there last year. So he did much more than catch screens and dump-offs. He was recruited as a TAILBACK, but found himself #3 on the depth chart behind the speedsters, Jones and D Mac. The guy is not just a fullback, he actually CAN run the ball.

And he is a very good blocker. So I project a strong game from him. By comparison MJD (he is on all 4 of my teams so I'm a huge fan of his talent) is up against TENN. I don't like the match-up at all.

Regarding Bell - he was cut by Detroit BECAUSE HE REPORTED OUT OF SHAPE and never made an effort to play serious football. He had a golden opportunity to challenge K Smith for playing time, and played himself right off the team. THIS IS DETROIT we are talking about here folks. Not like he got cut from San Diego or NYG or something. Get it?

Do you really think he suddenly discovered WeightWatchers AFTER he lost the Detroit RB gig?

The ONLY reason DEN signed him is because he knows the offensive terminology, and with Young likely to be out for a while, they HAVE NO MORE BACK-UPS. I doubt Bell gets on the field for more than 10 plays (I didn't say touches, I said plays.)

I seldom make player predictions - never if I don't know what I'm talking about - and I'll have no problem eating crow if Mr. Hillis does not have a decent game.

Considering Gruden has already said he will be inactive this week, I will freely admit you have a really, really big pair to make that play.

Why do you question me? I SAID I was starting him over MJD. This is what playing a match-up is all about. Hillis LED Arkansas in receptions in 2 of the last 3 years. That means he had more recepts than F Jones, D Mac, or any other receiver. He's got great hands and caught 7 passes in the first game (actually about half the game) Denver actually used him as RB.

In the funky razorback offense, they occasionally split him out wide as a flanker and threw to him down-field. I believe he caught a TD pass for 67 yards there last year. So he did much more than catch screens and dump-offs. He was recruited as a TAILBACK, but found himself #3 on the depth chart behind the speedsters, Jones and D Mac. The guy is not just a fullback, he actually CAN run the ball.

And he is a very good blocker. So I project a strong game from him. By comparison MJD (he is on all 4 of my teams so I'm a huge fan of his talent) is up against TENN. I don't like the match-up at all.

Regarding Bell - he was cut by Detroit BECAUSE HE REPORTED OUT OF SHAPE and never made an effort to play serious football. He had a golden opportunity to challenge K Smith for playing time, and played himself right off the team. THIS IS DETROIT we are talking about here folks. Not like he got cut from San Diego or NYG or something. Get it?

Do you really think he suddenly discovered WeightWatchers AFTER he lost the Detroit RB gig?

The ONLY reason DEN signed him is because he knows the offensive terminology, and with Young likely to be out for a while, they HAVE NO MORE BACK-UPS. I doubt Bell gets on the field for more than 10 plays (I didn't say touches, I said plays.)

I seldom make player predictions - never if I don't know what I'm talking about - and I'll have no problem eating crow if Mr. Hillis does not have a decent game.

I thought this was pretty persuausive so I looked it up:

Career rushing longs - freshman year he had a 42 yard run vs LSU, next year he had a 32 yarder vs Mo. State (yes, that's State), otherwise he had career longs of 13 yards vs. Troy, FIU and MS State. But then he went nuts on LSU in his last game, a long of 65, 89 yards rushing, 2 TD's, 5 for 62 receiving with 2 more TD's (4 total) in a 50-48 wild OT game (I remember that game too). The only game where they ever seemed to turn it over to him was Ms. State his fr. year where he went 18/64, 1TD, no catches. Otherwise he rarely got to 10 carries, usually fewer than 5. It wouldn't surprise me if he had that kind of MSU game for the Broncos if they make him the primary guy, at least this Sunday.

But Hillis is a rookie and then Shan goes and gets the old (ok, maybe fat) vet. I dropped Tatum Bell because as far as I can tell Hillis, Bell, Pope or (eventually) Young could take over.

Who knows, take a flyer on any of these guys, Hillis has as much of a shot as Bell or vice versa. If Pope gets in for one play and breaks a 25 yarder who's to say he doesn't become "the guy"?

I'm with ya MFM, Hillis should be a good play this week as long as there are no Shananaginns :thumbsdown:

When Bell put up numbers with Denver they were a run heavy team and the RB position was a plug n play position, did not matter who the RB was. Broncos are now a pass heavy offense and will need a back that can pass block and receive out of the backfield.

Bell- not in game shape, not a receiving option out of the backfield, not a goal line back = not good

Hillis- great receiving option out of the backfield, good pass blocker on a pass first offense, goal line back = best option

I'm with ya MFM, Hillis should be a good play this week as long as there are no Shananaginns :unsure:

When Bell put up numbers with Denver they were a run heavy team and the RB position was a plug n play position, did not matter who the RB was. Broncos are now a pass heavy offense and will need a back that can pass block and receive out of the backfield.

Bell- not in game shape, not a receiving option out of the backfield, not a goal line back = not good

Hillis- great receiving option out of the backfield, good pass blocker on a pass first offense, goal line back = best option

:thumbsup: Finally, somebody really gets it. :wave: Very succint and correct analysis.

Keep the Hillis love coming!

From Rotoworld:

Peyton Hillis-RB-Broncos Nov. 15 - 12:55 am et

The Rocky Mountain News reiterates that Peyton Hillis will likely be the Broncos' starting tailback in Week 11 against Atlanta.

The Denver Post has also made this clear. While both papers are guessing, it's educated and if Hillis starts off well he probably won't lose much action to Tatum Bell or P.J. Pope. Bell was recently signed out of a mall where he was selling cell phones and isn't even guaranteed to be active on Sunday.

Source: Rocky Mountain News

Keep the Hillis love coming!

From Rotoworld:

Peyton Hillis-RB-Broncos Nov. 15 - 12:55 am et

The Rocky Mountain News reiterates that Peyton Hillis will likely be the Broncos' starting tailback in Week 11 against Atlanta.

The Denver Post has also made this clear. While both papers are guessing, it's educated and if Hillis starts off well he probably won't lose much action to Tatum Bell or P.J. Pope. Bell was recently signed out of a mall where he was selling cell phones and isn't even guaranteed to be active on Sunday.

Source: Rocky Mountain News

I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the obvious.

You have Shannarat in the mix here :shocking: The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News are not exactly going out on a

limb here, Shannarat and/or the Asst coaches are feeding this info. Yes, more than likely Hillis will get the start but don't

ever discount his subterfuge (not to infuriate FF players-that's just a bonus for him) but to throw off the ATL. Hillis might

help Denver more as a blocker even with a rusty Tatum Bell (who still has way more ability as a RB than a thief) or even a dinged Young.

Once a rat, always a rat. Just sayin'.

You guys are acting like Hillis is a running back God. He's been healthy all year and hasn't done squat but loss reps to the bum RBs in front of him. Put down the Kool-aid. At least Torain had an injury to blame on not getting carries... Hillis has a lack of talent to blame.

I think one thing to remember is that a Shanahan offence typically doesn't throw to running backs much. If you go back the last ten years, I don't recall a season where a RB had 40+ receptions. I realize that Denver is more pass-oriented this year than in years past but Hillis already had a huge game last week, so Atlanta shouldn't be surprised if Denver changes their game plan and utilizes the RB coming out of the backfield more.

Now that I've said it, I'm probably ensuring another 100+ yds & 1 TD for Hillis. :shocking:

Hillis' NFL career so far includes a very limited appearance in week 1: 3 rushes for 14 yds, 1 recp for 4 yards;

half of week 9: 0 rushes, but 7 recepts for 116 yds and a TD; and half of week 10: 8 rushes for 38 yds, 0 recepts.

As noted above, Denver's offense is now 'pass first'. Cutler will either throw to Marshall or to whoever is open. Denver is very confident in Hillis ability to catch the ball.