Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Whats Brandon Marshall's deal?

Dude hasn't done squat in a long time.

Agree, thought about trading him, but I like his matchups the rest of the way. I don't think Cutler looks to him enough.

I think Cutler looks his way less, because of all the drops. I think I saw a blurb on TV yesterday, that only Braylon Edwards has more drops than Marshall this year.

He had a TD pass bounce off his face yesterday.

boy I didn't need to hear that if I end up losing by 5 pts.

I may start sitting Marshall for Colston

But there were two guys there defending him! There should've been a flag! Nevermind the fact it hit his hands and also his face!

That wasnt the only drop he had either, I think I saw two more that hit him right in the hands. The emergence of Royal has definitely hurt Marshall, but he really is not helping himself either.

He's getting double and triple teamed but still is getting targeted. He's going to go big one of these weeks. Hopefully it's next week. :thumbsdown:

I don't think a WR in the league was pulling that down for a TD.

One defender was pulling his jersey and shoulder pads from behind effecting his hands trying to get in position (should have been PI), the other timed his hit perfectly from the side to break it up had Brandon secured it.

That was much less than Boldin's open drops and Moss's !....they were in the clear and their hands got in the way.

I'm up only 3 points, he has JAX DST tonight....now I have to stay up til' midnight !

Not to mention I pulled Bryant because of all the hype on here about the weather in Tampa....and played Gould last night. :first:

I'm not sure Marshall's even the best receiver on the Broncos anymore. And I don't just mean for fantasy.

He seems to be one of those guys who people get enamored with because of their physical appearance.

I'm not sure Marshall's even the best receiver on the Broncos anymore. And I don't just mean for fantasy.

He seems to be one of those guys who people get enamored with because of their physical appearance.

he put up the numbers last season and had that monester game to start this year.

he has not really been what fantasy owners expected this year but then you glance at it and he is the 9th ranked WR in PPR leagues and has the most targets in the league. This week alone he had 12 targets (Jennings had 13, Colston also had 12). The alarming thing is that he only has about half as many catches as targets. Im not sure how many are drops but i get the feeling alot are Cutler throwing into double and tripple coverage.

my 1st 2 picks after trading away my 1st rounder.

B. Edwards - B. Marshall

FAIL!

Combined for over 30 dropped passes

I still made the playoffs.

my 1st 2 picks after trading away my 1st rounder.

B. Edwards - B. Marshall

FAIL!

Combined for over 30 dropped passes

I still made the playoffs.

Same here :wacko:

Anyhow... Marshall is clearly out of sync... in addition to the drops... you can tell a couple times a game he is on some sort of option route and he and Cutler aren't on the same page... and normally Cutler is throwing to the open space and seems to be making the correct decisions. Still... Marshall's got some tasty match-ups down the stretch, and at this moment in time you just need to stick with him.

Same here :wacko:

Anyhow... Marshall is clearly out of sync... in addition to the drops... you can tell a couple times a game he is on some sort of option route and he and Cutler aren't on the same page... and normally Cutler is throwing to the open space and seems to be making the correct decisions. Still... Marshall's got some tasty match-ups down the stretch, and at this moment in time you just need to stick with him.

I benched Royal for Avery this past week :lol:

I'm going to be starting Cutler/Marshall/Royal from here on out in the playoffs.

overrated with a young, inconsistent qb who hasn't learned that having an elite fastball doesn't necessarily mean you can/should make every throw in the nfl.

overrated with a young, inconsistent qb who hasn't learned that having an elite fastball doesn't necessarily mean you can/should make every throw in the nfl.

This is very true.. Every time I watch the Donkos play I think, "God, if they could really coach this kid (hear that Rat?), get him to stop making dumb throws.. he could be a GREAT QB." and right now, Marshall is still over rated based on his hype after last season & nice start this year.

Watching Marshall & the Donkos play.. my opinion differs a bit from that the majority here. Cutler targets him a TON. And will throw 3-4 deep sideline balls to him per game.. usually when he's tighly covered.. although yesterday, when I believe (but am not sure).. he finally drew a DB not named Revis.. Jay underthrew him.. had he laid it out right.. it prob. would have been 6. Cutler needs to continue to use hit TE's, Royal, Hillis underneath & the other WR's (esp. Stokely).. in order for Baby TO to be most effective. The Broncos used him well underneath yesterday.. they need to keep that up and keep moving him around.

Brandon cannot seem to make separation with the top CBs on an opposing defense. He just doesn't have super sharp route running skills, great inside quickness, shrewdness or that dogged determination to fight to get open. If/when he learns this and sharpens up a bit.. the sky is the limit. While he's a great fade route target.. they or should I say Jay, seem to fall in love with these jump balls down the sideline. Where he's at his best IMO.. is the medium to deep hitter over the middle.. where he can use his physical awesomeness to go up and get the rock.. take a shot or two if necessary and then have the chance to flash that open field Baby TO-ness, that he dislayed at the end of last season and the start of this one. He is a tremendous and very physical YAC guy.

Moral of the Story: 1) He and the Broncos are figuring it out.. i'd still be all over him at next year's draft if his value is low.. 2) Royal, Sheffler, Stokely help him enormously.. sure he won't be $$ for TDs every game.. but when Denver spreads it around.. he gets seriously open. It's when Cutler vapor locks on him that he struggles mightily to break out of average games. The last point changes if they have a joke of a matchup.. but it applies versus any kind of decent opposing defensive backfield.

Just my $0.02.. p.s. I LOVE Eddie Royal.. but he seems to get nicked up a little easily so far. I may even like him enough to draft him over Marshall next year.. but lets see what they do from here on out.

Looked like he was going to be a monster early this season. I'll chalk it up to immaturity and extra attention from defenses.

Luckily I also Have Andre Johnson, Fitz and Roddy White on my team.

I would like to add that Cutler did throw for 357 yards in taking a big game on the road from the 2n place team in their conference... I don't think it's time for anybody in Denver to be panicking... on their offense.

I benched Royal for Avery this past week :bandana:

I'm going to be starting Cutler/Marshall/Royal from here on out in the playoffs.

I dont know why you would even have considered this. I know Royal was banged up but if he is playing I am starting him.

You edjr, have lost all of my fantasy respect. :doublethumbsup:

;)