Sign in to follow this  
ffplayer428

Week 15 QB's: Warner or Brees

Would appreciate some input on deciding which QB to start...

Kurt Warner at home vs. the Vikings or Drew Brees on the road vs. the Bears?

Standard Scoring: 1 pt/25 pass yds, pass td's = 4 pts, INT's = -2 pts....5 point bonus for 300 yds passing

Warner is at home in good weather against a Minn D that is extremely tough against the run and is a top D overall, so I assume AZ will be leaning on the pass a lot...

Brees is on the road Thursday night against the Bears D that has an average/mediocre secondary...the thing that worries me about Brees is that he hasn't played great on the road...he is far superior at home in the dome....additionally with Pierre Thomas running the ball well, will this become a grind it out type of game in the cold in Chicago?.....latest info from weather.com is cold, 19-29 degrees, with medium winds blowing at 12 mph, cloudy with only a 10% chance of precipitation.

Any help is appreciated....leave a link and I will answer yours.

Thanks and Good Luck this weekend!

warner

i think the weather is gonna be pretty bad in chicago.....i have a feeling saints are gonna run the ball alot...JMO

On the bright side, you really can't make a bad pick here.

All things being equal, go with the guy playing at home.

I have the same decision and as much as it might pain me to watch Brees light it up on Thursday night, there are just a few more negative intangibles with Brees.

1. He'll be playing a playoff motivated Chicago defense on the road in primetime.

2. The weather conditions always factor against the pass in the Windy city.

3. Brees hasn't been as much of a super man away from home especially outside.

Warner on the other hand:

1. Will be playing a stout run defense so the gameplan has got to be winging it.

2. He's home.

3. Minny's pass D is quite susceptible and the weather will be just fine for throwing.

4. Warner just hasn't had a true let down game. Consistent to say the least and that's a must in a ff playoff game.

WARNER

I am starting Warner over Brees in my main league this weekend.

Wise move IMO. Arizona at home vs a stout run defensive team that can score = Good play for Warner.

Agree with the masses; I've got that "problem" and am rolling with Warner, for the reasons above.

Just wondering why you guys didn't trade one of them? My problem is that it is a keeper league, I'd like to keep Brees because of his youth, and nobody would give good value for Warner because of his lack of youth.

I have the same decision and as much as it might pain me to watch Brees light it up on Thursday night, there are just a few more negative intangibles with Brees.

1. He'll be playing a playoff motivated Chicago defense on the road in primetime.

2. The weather conditions always factor against the pass in the Windy city.

3. Brees hasn't been as much of a super man away from home especially outside.

Warner on the other hand:

1. Will be playing a stout run defense so the gameplan has got to be winging it.

2. He's home.

3. Minny's pass D is quite susceptible and the weather will be just fine for throwing.

4. Warner just hasn't had a true let down game. Consistent to say the least and that's a must in a ff playoff game.

WARNER

FYI - The nickname "Windy City" has absolutely nothing to do with weather.

FYI - The nickname "Windy City" has absolutely nothing to do with weather.

Despite the actual meaning of the nickname,I've been to the stadium about 12xs and it sits right ontop a great lake. Let me tell you, it's windy especially during this time of the year.

:shocking:

Despite the actual meaning of the nickname,I've been to the stadium about 12xs and it sits right ontop a great lake. Let me tell you, it's windy especially during this time of the year.

The wind shouldn't be a problem tomorrow night, unless it's 20+MPH I wouldn't worry about it. Since they built that spaceship inside the old Soldier Field I don't think it's quite as bad as in years past.

With the recent problems surrounding Gov. Blago :thumbsdown: and the ties to Obamas pals you see why Chi-town is the windy city, and it's not the weather!!! :D

I have both Brees and Warner. Couldn't make a trade because it's a keeper league, I want to keep Brees and nobody offered enough for Warner.

Forecast for Chicago shows temps in the 20's with 10-15 mph winds and a slight chance of flurries. These aren't anywhere near difficult playing conditions, especially in Chicago. Even if there is an occasional gust of wind, Brees has plenty of short range options (Bush, Shockey, Thomas). As for Warner, I'm concerned about Jared Allen harrassing him all day. Haven't made a final decision, but I'm leaning towards Brees.

I have a good feeling that the game in CHI will be a shootout and Brees will have a great game. The CHI pass DEF is pretty bad, too.

If MINN's pass rush is on point in ARIZ, I'm not convinced Warner will play as good as people suspect.

Also, N.O. and MINN are playing for their respective playoff lives, too. It's not just CHI who is playing for their playoff lives this week.

I have a good feeling that the game in CHI will be a shootout and Brees will have a great game. The CHI pass DEF is pretty bad, too.

If MINN's pass rush is on point in ARIZ, I'm not convinced Warner will play as good as people suspect.

Also, N.O. and MINN are playing for their respective playoff lives, too. It's not just CHI who is playing for their playoff lives this week.

I hear ya, and I have pause to doubt, but at the end of the day, both have been great at home and not so much on the road. Warner at home, Brees on the road in unknown conditions, the odds say go with Warner.

I hear ya, and I have pause to doubt, but at the end of the day, both have been great at home and not so much on the road. Warner at home, Brees on the road in unknown conditions, the odds say go with Warner.

Thanks for all the help....as of right now, I am going to go with Warner over Brees....I think the Saints/Bears game tomorrow will be more of a defensive struggle in the cold, windy weather than people think...Gameday forecast currently is for the low 20's with winds at 10-15 mph.

Vegas has the Over/Under at 45 whereas the Cardinals/Vikings Over/Under is 47.5.

Warner is the pick! Arizona has the 32nd ranked rushing attack in the NFL and they are going against a team that is top 5 in run defense. It is obvious that Arizona is a passing team and they are not going to be able to run against the vikings. The vikings are bad at pass defense and Arizona has the tools to exploit them with Warner and their WRs. Warner is also playing at home where weather will not be a factor.

Why are people even talking about the weather as a factor? Temps in the 20's with 10-15 mph winds are not bad conditions! For a December night in Chicago, it doesn't get much better than that. It's not like playing in a dome, but these weather conditions should not affect a QB like Brees. Honestly, I'm more concerned with the way Jared Allen will affect Warner. I love Warner, but Minnesota's stout run defense will allow them to bring in an extra DB on most plays to focus on the passing game. Both are good starts, but I'm still leaning towards Brees.

Thanks for all the help....as of right now, I am going to go with Warner over Brees....I think the Saints/Bears game tomorrow will be more of a defensive struggle in the cold, windy weather than people think...Gameday forecast currently is for the low 20's with winds at 10-15 mph.

Vegas has the Over/Under at 45 whereas the Cardinals/Vikings Over/Under is 47.5.

So since Vegas think there will be an extra FG in the Arizona game that leads you to believe the Saints/Bears game will be a defensive struggle?

:wall:

warner

i think the weather is gonna be pretty bad in chicago.....i have a feeling saints are gonna run the ball alot...JMO

Do you know something that the weather forecasters don't know or was this just a matter of being a post that's a couple of days old?

So since Vegas think there will be an extra FG in the Arizona game that leads you to believe the Saints/Bears game will be a defensive struggle?

:wacko:

the game tonight is the only NFL game and will get significant action from NFL fans and gambling degenerates ....usually the public favors the over on the total....sometimes Vegas is right, sometimes wrong....tonight I think Vegas will be right

One thing to consider: When was the last time the Bears defense shut down a high powered offense?

I just described the situation to my 12 yr old son, and as I was doing it, said at the end said "ah heck, I'm going with Warner."

His response:

"No kidding, did you really need me to help you decide that?"

So, there you have it. :pointstosky:

I just described the situation to my 12 yr old son, and as I was doing it, said at the end said "ah heck, I'm going with Warner."

His response:

"No kidding, did you really need me to help you decide that?"

So, there you have it. :dunno:

OWNED! :pointstosky:

My kids pull that crap on me all the time.

So far so good; near the end, even with that late TD by Brees he only has 11 pts in my league. +3 TD, -3 INT, fairly heavily penalized ratio in our scoring.

I am starting Warner over Brees in my main league this weekend.

Happy with that decision, i am going to need alot of points from my QB to win, and Brees didnt provide that.