Sign in to follow this  
UPS

CBS Sucks

Last weekend was the 1st week of the playoffs. Going into sunday morning I had a vacant Kicker spot that I needed to fill. My opponent used his kicker (Gould) on thursday night. When I go to get a kicker Sunday morning I discover my opponent had added/dropped 3 kickers within seconds of each other so that I couldnt pick them up. He used his kicker already thursday night so he shouldnt even have been messing with kickers.

I brought this to the attention of the commish and all he does is give the guy a warning! I showed him in the rules where violations can result in forfeiture. And thats what I expected. He cheated! Its the playoffs. There is no tomorrow. If he pulled this stunt during the regular season I can understand giving him just a warning , but not during the playoffs. Too much on the line.

Well, I lost the appeal and lost this weekend. I will never play in a CBS league again.

Last weekend was the 1st week of the playoffs. Going into sunday morning I had a vacant Kicker spot that I needed to fill. My opponent used his kicker (Gould) on thursday night. When I go to get a kicker Sunday morning I discover my opponent had added/dropped 3 kickers within seconds of each other so that I couldnt pick them up. He used his kicker already thursday night so he shouldnt even have been messing with kickers.

I brought this to the attention of the commish and all he does is give the guy a warning! I showed him in the rules where violations can result in forfeiture. And thats what I expected. He cheated! Its the playoffs. There is no tomorrow. If he pulled this stunt during the regular season I can understand giving him just a warning , but not during the playoffs. Too much on the line.

Well, I lost the appeal and lost this weekend. I will never play in a CBS league again.

The c0ckblock is viable fantasy strategy. It's your own fault for leaving yourself without a kicker in the playoffs.

The c0ckblock is viable fantasy strategy. It's your own fault for leaving yourself without a kicker in the playoffs.

:pointstosky:

Sounds like there's nothing in your rules that don't allow this. See ya next year. :headbanger:

Did you lose by the 5-8 points the kicker would have probobly gotten you, or are you just mad that you lost, and this is something to whine about?

Did you lose by the 5-8 points the kicker would have probobly gotten you, or are you just mad that you lost, and this is something to whine about?

Agreed with this point, but also. There was only 3 available kickers in your league? My league with 12 teams that has to have at least 2 on their rosters, has at least 8 available each week.

So sounds like you should be mad at yourself.

how is that anyones fault but yours??????? like someone said, there were only 3 kickers left in whole league? also, why did it take you so long to look and play you team? sounds like you didnt care much anyway :music_guitarred:

Ok, well, um, unless this is like a 28 team league (unlikely), or a 14 team league where everybody carries 2 kickers (read: bush league), it sounds to me like there should have been several kickers still available, it just sounds like there weren't any you WANTED. It's douschy a best, but c0ckblocking on the WW is a strategy and regardless of whether most want to admit it or not, everybody does it. I tried to do it this week with DeShaun Foster just so my opponent (who's RB needy right now) couldn't get him. I never would have used him, and in fact I might have dropped him before the game just for the hellofit. This is most certainly not CBS fault, likely not the commish fault, and almost surely YOUR FAULT FOR NOT PLANNING AHEAD AND WAITING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO FILL A ROSTER POSITION THAT YOU NEEDED. QUIT ACTING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL ABOUT IT, GROW A PAIR AND REALIZE YOU FOCKED UP AND PROBABLY COST YOURSELF A WIN BECAUSE YOU ARE A LAZY PROCRASTINATOR.

Thanks for playing, better luck next year. :overhead:

Sorry dude but your at fault. I may be a bit shady on his part for doing what he did but the bottom line is you left that kicker spot vacant knowing you were in the playoffs. YOU BEAT YOURSELF. Quit crying about it! Next time, pay attention.

Our league rules state that any player picked up and dropped in the same week can be picked up (not locked for the usual 48 hours). This prevents the cheesy strategy of picking up and dropping all free agents to block.

Lets look at the obvious. He cheated by blocking players (its specific in the rules) by adding players and then droping them within seconds . It isnt a question of if I won or not. He violated the rules. By violating the rules he should have lost by default before the game even started.

Some ask, why wait til sunday to fill the kicker roster spot? Why not? Weather plays a factor in all games, especially with kickers. I wait til sunday morning, check the weather and pick ups kickers accordingly.

I did win the game , but the point is, he violated the rules and the CBS commish handed out a lame "warning" to him, not to do it again. I felt the penalty should have been more harsh as it is the playoffs.

I still wont play CBS games again.

Please explain what in God's name does CBS have to with any of this?

Let me correct myself. I did earlier state that I lost the appeal and the game. Incorrect. I stil won but the object of the message is I will never play CBS sports again as they dont enforce the rules.

Let me correct myself. I did earlier state that I lost the appeal and the game. Incorrect. I stil won but the object of the message is I will never play CBS sports again as they dont enforce the rules.

That's not a rule that CBS would enforce. That's a commissioner-related rule. He's the one that is required to enforce it. There isn't a setting on the website that would enforce something like that.

Bonehead, it's not CBS rules, it's your league rules. If you want to take out your wrath on someone, look 2 places...first at your commish, and 2nd in the mirror. CBS just provides the platform for you to play on, your Commish sets and "should" enforce the rules of YOUR LEAGUE. Again, they're not CBS rules.

1. I think you did lose and trying to save face because the members hammered you.

2. What is the actual "rule" that you speak of.

3. If this was a playoff game, then what else should CBS do? His season is over. Should they go to his house and punch him in the face? Ban him from the internet? Deport him? Stone him?

Your answers are needed my friend.

(not sure why i care but i do)

so did you still pickup a kicker?? and it sounds like you had a kicker to start with anyways? quite trying to get a free win.

Also just because the other dudes kicker is done for the week doesnt limit him from picking up another one, I doubt you have a rule against what he did.

You should have snagged a PK earlier in the week. Sounds like your opponent was paying attention and limited your choices. Who did you get BTW?

1. I think you did lose and trying to save face because the members hammered you.

2. What is the actual "rule" that you speak of.

3. If this was a playoff game, then what else should CBS do? His season is over. Should they go to his house and punch him in the face? Ban him from the internet? Deport him? Stone him?

Your answers are needed my friend.

(not sure why i care but i do)

I agree, especially with point #1.

This guy is sucking a serious heaping of sour grapes. If he had won the game, he wouldn't be here flipping his skirt like this. Kudos to the guy for blocking the kickers. Great strategy.

Also, as many have said, what the heck does CBS have to do with a rule set up by his league?

Well, I lost the appeal and lost this weekend . I will never play in a CBS league again.

CBS>>>>UPS :dunno:

hey UPS, man up and tell us you lost. i guess you are out on your route playing santa. a man like yourself who delivers packages at this time of the year deserved to win though. oh well.

it always cracks me up when people come here to post and sound very gey. what would he expect you crazy people to tell him? the other owner didn't play "fair" and you should have won. at worst, pick up a kicker during the week, then on sunday check the weather and roll with him or pick someone else up. then at least you have a kicker if he pulled that stunt.

tell that young man in your league, well done sir. come back next year and "deliver" a better effort.

you suck.. :mad:

I am assuming you're out doing your thing so we'll turn this into a "Guess who his kicker was?" thread.

My first guess is Carpenter (MIA) because he was projected to have a good matchup. I played him in a couple of my leagues and he sucked (2 pts).

Carpenter?

I know a guy who did this with defenses in the superbowl for his league and won because of it. His opponent had dropped his only defense to pick up another player off waivers. On saturday night (there were no thursday night games then) my buddy dropped his entire roster of backups and picked up every defense he though might produce, 7 of them i believe, because his opponent still didn't have a def at that time. with the waiver grace period, none of the backups he dropped could be picked up and every other defense on the WW was crap. The guy ended up losing by 4 pts or something and 5 of 7 defenses my buddy picked up scored >4 pts more than the defense the guy had to play. my buddy changed his team name to "the defenders" the following season and has let it stick ever since.

:bench:

bottom line, c0ckblocking is a viable strategy and can definitely work.

Lets look at the obvious. He cheated by blocking players (its specific in the rules) by adding players and then droping them within seconds . It isnt a question of if I won or not. He violated the rules. By violating the rules he should have lost by default before the game even started.

Some ask, why wait til sunday to fill the kicker roster spot? Why not? Weather plays a factor in all games, especially with kickers. I wait til sunday morning, check the weather and pick ups kickers accordingly.

I did win the game , but the point is, he violated the rules and the CBS commish handed out a lame "warning" to him, not to do it again. I felt the penalty should have been more harsh as it is the playoffs.

If you didn't lose your game because of kicker points - THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED UP ANY KICKER FOR THAT GAME. And if you LOST because of that, it is YOUR fault.

I have changed 3 kickers in a week simply because I had Elam (Q), Bryant (Hip - Q) - and went with Kris Brown. So STFU and quit your beyotching. You have zero idea why he changed his mind. Maybe he wanted maximum points?!

Gee gosh, what an idea. It's not CBS's fault.

Well, I lost the appeal and this weekend. I will never play in a CBS league again.

CBS>>>>UPS :bench:

Nice catch. Haaa...like to see him explain this one.

I will never play CBS sports again as they dont enforce the rules.

This is like saying you won't ship through UPS again because they don't enforce your FF sites rules. Makes no sense!

WTF are you talking about dude?

Its all your commish, not the site!

this thread inspired me!!!!!

so the guy im playing in a gold cbs league for the championship, picked up schaub to cockblock me, knowing id probably go for him on the WW.

well, he dropped his kicker to do that.

so this saturday morning i went and picked and dropped every kicker left on ww so they were not available until next wednesday. all told i picked and dropped about 14 kickers. i left myself with nedney, in a dome, against the rams.

so he has lawrence tynes now ;)

i may not win, but if i do and its a matter of a few points or even 9 points. it will have been a wise bunch of moves

this thread inspired me!!!!!

so the guy im playing in a gold cbs league for the championship, picked up schaub to cockblock me, knowing id probably go for him on the WW.

well, he dropped his kicker to do that.

so this saturday morning i went and picked and dropped every kicker left on ww so they were not available until next wednesday. all told i picked and dropped about 14 kickers. i left myself with nedney, in a dome, against the rams.

so he has lawrence tynes now ;)

i may not win, but if i do and its a matter of a few points or even 9 points. it will have been a wise bunch of moves

I just got finished doing the same thing with every prominent RB left on the WW. I went thru 4 of them just so I could end up with Fred Jackson in the event Lynch doesn't start for me. My opponent is banking on Deshaun Foster as his RB2 and if that falls thru he has Ward (NYG) and if that falls he's got bubkiss....

First of all, you FAIYLE. I agree with everyone else, you're to blame for this situation for not planning for your situation better. Case in point, I have Clark on my team as my only TE because if he's healthy, I'm not sitting him. Well, he was questionable all week and I knew that I probably would not be available to pick up a TE if he ended up being inactive, so I dropped a RB the night before just to pick up a back up TE, just to be safe. It cost me a couple of bucks for the transaction, and turned out to be a total waste of money because Clark played (and rather well, I might add ;) ), but it was MY responsibility to plan for contingencies, and I did. Look in the mirror, bro, you got pwnd.

Secondly, the league I'm in avoids all of this two ways. The commish has to manually approve all add/drops and we don't allow any add/drops once the week's games have started unless it's a last-minute injury replacement. And, once somebody is dropped, they're immediately available to be picked up. So nobody can add/drop multiple players to lock them up and c0ckblock another team.

I agree that UPS dropped the ball. He lost by virtue of his own ineptitude, and ignorance of the situation.

But I will also say that 'churning the wire' should be outlawed. It's a despicable way to win, an anger-provoking way to lose.

As Commish, I shut this crap down with some rule changes three seasons ago, on CBS no less. ;)