Sign in to follow this  
RasKai

Sunday Night Football Weather Alert

Keep a very close eye on the forecast the next 24 hours, but it is looking fairly certain that New York is going to be seeing a Significant Storm Sunday and through Sunday Night. Wind Advisories will be issued which means there will be sustained winds of over 25mph with Gusts to over 40mph. Expect limited passing yardage and a lot of 8 man fronts in a low scoring grind it out game Sunday Night. This storm will also be affecting.

Cardinals at Patriots (Wind, Snow/Rain/Ice Mix)

Bengals at Browns (Wind, Freezing temperatures)

Eagles at Redskins (Wind, Rain)

This Storm will have a big impact on who wins and who loses on Championship Week. Find a Dome or some warm weather for as many starters a possible.

--------------------------

WEAK RIDGING MOVES EAST SAT NIGHT WITH STRONG CUTOFF UPPER LOW

SLIDING THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES AND THEN INTO THE NORTHEAST SUN INTO

MON. THIS WILL HAVE LOW PRESSURE APPROACHING THE REGION SAT

NIGHT/EARLY SUN...WITH ENOUGH COLD AIR IN PLACE FOR A START AS

SNOW/WINTRY MIX ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION. THEN AS UPPER ENERGY NEARS

THE COAST ON SUN...SECONDARY DEVELOPMENT LOOKS TO BE OFF THE

DELMARVA COAST AND THEN TRACKING NE OVER THE REGION SUN EVENING

WHILE RAPIDLY DEEPENING. THE TRACK WILL BE CRITICAL...BUT FOR NOW

LOOKS LIKE ENOUGH ENOUGH WARM AIR WOULD GET PULLED IN FOR A

CHANGEOVER TO RAIN ALONG THE COAST...AND A WINTRY MIX ACROSS THE

INTERIOR. SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION EXPECTED WITH THIS SYSTEM...WITH

HIGHEST PROB OF A SIGNIFICANT WINTRY PRECIP EVENT ACROSS INTERIOR

SECTIONS N&W OF NYC.

STRONG WINDS/CAA IN WAKE OF SYSTEM SUN NIGHT/MON...POSSIBLE WIND

ADVISORY CRITERIA. SOME SNOW SHOWERS POSSIBLE AS UPPER TROUGH ENERGY

SWINGS THROUGH.

New York Weather Discussion

K9

ya i hear ya....this game should be a dogfight. I think the giants are gonna terrorize delhomme back there. I honestly think carolina has no shot against the G-men

Its still too soon to freak out but I live near the stadium in NJ and the forcast for sunday night is horrible . Just watched the local news. Blizzard conditions expected starting Sunday after noon . into monday morning. Already planning on not going to work monday. RB's might be the only game in town Sunday night fantasy wise. Were also getting a storm friday all day . (2-4 inches of snow ) but that will have no affect on the game.

Its still too soon to freak out but I live near the stadium in NJ and the forcast for sunday night is horrible . Just watched the local news. Blizzard conditions expected starting Sunday after noon . into monday morning. Already planning on not going to work monday. RB's might be the only game in town Sunday night fantasy wise. Were also getting a storm friday all day . (2-4 inches of snow ) but that will have no affect on the game.

so you loving the g-men defense in this game? Is robbins gonna play?

Havent checked whos playin or not but ofcourse in bad weather games Defenses are huge plays due to fumbles , drops etc. Giants and Panthers D are huge plays . Kickers are usually the worst plays.

This weather crap is going to kill me. I have all kinds of good players going to be affected by this. Randy, S. Smith, Warner, and Eli are the main ones. To make matters worse, I have to have my lineup in an hour before the Thursday night game. :shocking:

The one that matters!!!!

me, to. need to keep an eye on this. i'm is our super bowl against my arrogant oldest son. i do have marshall & colston to rely on but i hate to sit steven smif.

thank you very much for pointing this out. i'm in our super bowl & steve smith & matt cassel may or may not be involved. now i can keep an eye on the situation. happy holidays.

Forecast continue to point to a major winter storm with significant winds this weekend from New York up through Boston. We are now looking at winds in the 40-50mph range Sunday Afternoon and getting worse into Sunday Night.

Players this affects for me are Warner, Boldin, and Boss. All 3 may be seeing my bench this weekend for the Championship.

Here is the latest.

***ANOTHER SNOW STORM SUNDAY? WITH BLOWING/DRIFTING AND STRONG WIND A

PROBLEM SUN NIGHT AND MON***

SUNDAY...

00Z/18 GFS OP RUN WAS AN OUTLIER WITHIN THE 00Z/18 GFS ENS AND BLENDING

WITH 00Z/18 NAM TO START THE DAY AND THEN THE UK/GGEM/ECMWF LATER IN THE

DAY.

STRONG SHALLOW DOME OF COLD AIR TO OVERRUN! COASTAL PLAIN WARMS.

HAVE SET THE EXTREMES OF LOW 50S CAPE COD AND NO MIXING TRAPPED COLD

MONADNOCK VALLEYS.

TREMENDOUS TEMP FLUXES IN THE BL. RESULTS IN A BIG WIND SIGNAL AND

THIS HAS BEEN ADVERTISED FOR DAYS BY THE GFS GUST ALG. FOR NOW AM

EXPECTING 40 TO 50 GUSTS SOME SOMETIME SUN NIGHT OR MONDAY. LOOKS TO

ME LIKE A WIND ADVISORY FOR MANY LOCATIONS IN OUR CWA SOMETIME SUN

NIGHT OR MONDAY MORNING IN STG CAA. POSSIBLE WIND DAMAGE CAPE COD-ACK

AREA ON WSW WINDS. BUFKIT WIND GUST GUIDANCE SUPPORTS THE GFS GUST

ALGORITHM.

SNOWFALL FCST 12Z SUN THROUGH 12Z MON IS LESS THAN 2 INCHES COASTAL

PLAIN...AT LEAST PARTIALLY WASHED AWAY BY SHOWERS AND WARM

TEMPERATURES RANGING TO BETWEEN 6 AND 12 INCHES MONADNOCK REGION.

DEPENDS HOW FAST THE COASTAL INTENSIFIES TO BECOME THE DOMINANT LOW

PRES CENTER AND DEVELOP AN 850 LOW AS WELL.

HARD FREEZE AFTER...DEVELOPS SUN NIGHT. CUT GFS MAV MOS GUIDANCE.

MAY NOT HAVE TEMPS COLD ENOUGH. SLUSH FREEZES COAST AND

BLOWING/DRIFTING SNOW DEVELOPS INTERIOR...ESPECIALLY RIDGES AND

EXPOSED TERRAIN. WIND CHILL ZERO TO 10 BELOW BY MONDAY MORNING.

THIS SUNDAY SYSTEM STILL BEARS WATCHING FOR EVEN SHARPER CHANGES. IT

WILL BE A DIFFICULT STORM TO ACCURATELY HANDLE ALL THE DETAILS

INCLUDING THE VERY FAST CHANGES.

Weather DIscussion for Boston

SON OF A B!TCH!!!!!

Ive got steve smith.... :unsure:

I've got Steve Smith too and this weather news doesn't bother me a bit. I don't get to watch a whole lot of Carolina games but when I do, I see Carolina creatively finding ways to get their best playmaker (yes better than Deangelo) the ball. They do more WR screens, dump offs, and end arounds than any other team I've seen. They try to get Smith the ball and then let him make a play.....which he usually does. I fully believe Steve Smith will be an animal since he doesn't get the chance to be on primetime tv much. He'll be up for it.

I'm not worried about the weather.

so all of us warner and schaub owners who ya going with???? ive got them both in 2 leagues in championships this week!! :unsure: hope the snow is coming down by 1pm sunday so we can know early enough :music_guitarred:

so all of us warner and schaub owners who ya going with???? ive got them both in 2 leagues in championships this week!! :unsure: hope the snow is coming down by 1pm sunday so we can know early enough :music_guitarred:

Considering all the factors of Weather, Having nothing to play for, and Boldin being banged up....I think the Cardinals have little to nothing to play for in this game that will be at 10am their body clock time. It would be a major mistake by the Cards coaching staff to get anyone hurt in this game. I'm gonna go with Schaub with confidence. Warner will be pulled by halftime if the Cards are down big in this one, which I think is likely. 40-50mph wind gusts will make passing the ball all but impossible and severely limits the normal upside we expect from the Cards Studs.

Use the following site to track weather and wind speeds:

http://www.wunderground.com/

It helped me last week with the KC vs SD game, in which I started V Jackson and Bowe. Everyone was saying 25-35 mph winds for this game and didnt play Thigpen and others; but Wunderground had it perfect at 19mph and the receivers were not impacted. It's a great site.

Use the following site to track weather and wind speeds:

http://www.wunderground.com/

It helped me last week with the KC vs SD game, in which I started V Jackson and Bowe. Everyone was saying 25-35 mph winds for this game and didnt play Thigpen and others; but Wunderground had it perfect at 19mph and the receivers were not impacted. It's a great site.

Thanks Man! This site even perdicts the weather condition by the hour. Good looking out! :doublethumbsup:

Oh yeah! And I was already expecting lots of points from the G-men D... :mad:

With delhomme back there vs a pissed off giants d

5 sacks, 2 int, 1 forced fumble and a TD :headbanger:

i am using wunderground for my weather forecast. i work in midtown manhattan, i am but a few miles from giatns stadium.

for sunday night the weather is NOT bad:

Sunday is:

"Snow likely in the morning...then rain or snow likely in the afternoon. Brisk with highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent."

Sunday night is:

"Cloudy. A chance of rain or snow in the evening... then a chance of snow after midnight. Breezy with lows in the upper 20s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent."

this is an 830pm game. i dont see any evidence of blustery winds all day or night.

Yea, im not sure whats up with all the conflicting reports here....I am not seeing what the one poster is saying.

Im glad we will know more by sunday am though, thats for sure...

Just so everyone is cool with my post. I am pulling information from the Forecast Discussion for New York. This is generally much more detailed information than what goes into the generic long range forecasts. If the current models do play out and a strong Low Pressure system develops off the coast of the DelMarva and deepens quickly Sunday morning, the wind field for this storm will be strong and sustained winds of over 25mph are very likely with gusts to over 40-50mph. Everyone is absolutely correct in that we will know much more on Sunday morning, but for those playing in the FFL Championship in a late Sunday game....this is definitely information to be aware of ahead of the 1pm starts. Good luck to everyone.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?si...p;highlight=off

K9

Just so everyone is cool with my post. I am pulling information from the Forecast Discussion for New York. This is generally much more detailed information than what goes into the generic long range forecasts. If the current models do play out and a strong Low Pressure system develops off the coast of the DelMarva and deepens quickly Sunday morning, the wind field for this storm will be strong and sustained winds of over 25mph are very likely with gusts to over 40-50mph. Everyone is absolutely correct in that we will know much more on Sunday morning, but for those playing in the FFL Championship in a late Sunday game....this is definitely information to be aware of ahead of the 1pm starts. Good luck to everyone.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?si...p;highlight=off

K9

Ahh, gotcha, thanks for the follow up! I could see how this may be more speculation, but its educated speculation at least.

Are these forecast discussions pretty accurate.....

How can the weather services be saying 10-15mph and the forecast discussion for The Patroits game show potential for 40-50mph winds.....

This is by far the best fantasy game of the week in good weather......

I can pick any guys but have to pick by tonite.....

Would u avoid this game?

Are these forecast discussions pretty accurate.....

How can the weather services be saying 10-15mph and the forecast discussion for The Patroits game show potential for 40-50mph winds.....

This is by far the best fantasy game of the week in good weather......

I can pick any guys but have to pick by tonite.....

Would u avoid this game?

The Forecast Discussions lay out the big picture of all the factors at play. The big factor is really how close the center of this deep Low pressure system is to the East Coast and Long Island / Boston. If the Low is close to the coast and deepens very quickly, there will be a strong pressure gradient over this area and winds will be increasing quickly.

This is what one of the forecast models says it will look like Sunday over the Northeast after the game.

http://hoot.metr.ou.edu/models_data/gfs/gf...b_wind_f084.gif

That would be a big storm forming over the Northeast from around 6pm to Midnight on Sunday.

K9

This weather crap is going to kill me. I have all kinds of good players going to be affected by this. Randy, S. Smith, Warner, and Eli are the main ones. To make matters worse, I have to have my lineup in an hour before the Thursday night game. :overhead:

Hence my desire to see all football games played in DOMES! Told ya so!

:doublethumbsup:

Hence my desire to see all football games played in DOMES! Told ya so!

:doublethumbsup:

Yes...Im sure the NFL will take into consideration fantasy football when deciding such issues in the future.

Your desire is completely sissified and idiotic.