Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

More embarassment for the Cowboys.....

It's more than just the Jimmie Johnson era. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys.

Read it and weep.

Cowboys are 1st in everything as an NFL franchise.

:lol:

How about playoff futility over the past twelve years.

It's ancient history, my man. Don't fault the bored for going after the Cowboys like this because truth is, y'all brought it on yourself by the amount of sh!t talking you guys did this year.

Don't get offended. Take your lumps. If you don't like it, then don't read what others have to say.

Happy New Year. :unsure:

The last people that should be opening their mouths are Eagles fans....here's a franchise that has never even won a Superbowl....So please Eagles fans....please tell all the choke job loser Cowboys fans how its done....oh wait....you don't know how its done do you?? The Eagles have as much chance to make the Superbowl this year as the Cowboys do and they are IN the playoffs....thats whats sad....They will lose either this week or next and no one will care....why? Cause its the Eagles....arm pit of America...franchise that has never experienced success....and yet we should sit back and watch how it's done LOL....now that is hilarious :rolleyes:

Heres the reality....Eagles fans have one to maybe two more weeks to enjoy this years football season...then you will be in the same position as the Cowboys fans...and then when this year is over....there will still be questions about Reid and Mcnabb and you guys will talk about what one or two moves you guys can do to try and maybe improve your team by a game or so....while the Cowboys will be moving into a new stadium with all the media talking about how they still have the most talent in the league....and how they should improve with all the talent they bring in through the draft (what is it 8 or 9 draft picks in the first 6 rounds) and with the players coming back from injury....yes, the Cowboys had impactful injuries besides Romos pinkie and head (not using it as an excuse for them not making the playoffs) but injuries to the OL, F Jones, McBriar and yes even Roy Williams hurt this team....I mean seriously Trey battle....Roy Williams may not be able to cover his own a$$ but hes damn sure better than TREY BATTLE!!!

The last people that should be opening their mouths are Eagles fans....here's a franchise that has never even won a Superbowl....So please Eagles fans....please tell all the choke job loser Cowboys fans how its done....oh wait....you don't know how its done do you?? The Eagles have as much chance to make the Superbowl this year as the Cowboys do and they are IN the playoffs....thats whats sad....They will lose either this week or next and no one will care....why? Cause its the Eagles....arm pit of America...franchise that has never experienced success....and yet we should sit back and watch how it's done LOL....now that is hilarious :shocking:

Heres the reality....Eagles fans have one to maybe two more weeks to enjoy this years football season...then you will be in the same position as the Cowboys fans...and then when this year is over....there will still be questions about Reid and Mcnabb and you guys will talk about what one or two moves you guys can do to try and maybe improve your team by a game or so....while the Cowboys will be moving into a new stadium with all the media talking about how they still have the most talent in the league....and how they should improve with all the talent they bring in through the draft (what is it 8 or 9 draft picks in the first 6 rounds) and with the players coming back from injury....yes, the Cowboys had impactful injuries besides Romos pinkie and head (not using it as an excuse for them not making the playoffs) but injuries to the OL, F Jones, McBriar and yes even Roy Williams hurt this team....I mean seriously Trey battle....Roy Williams may not be able to cover his own a$$ but hes damn sure better than TREY BATTLE!!!

Ha Ha...Cowboys are the SUCK now. Eagles owned them in a must win game and it's KILLING you and the rest of the Cowboys fans. F'n GREAT! :rolleyes:

The last people that should be opening their mouths are Eagles fans....here's a franchise that has never even won a Superbowl....So please Eagles fans....please tell all the choke job loser Cowboys fans how its done....oh wait....you don't know how its done do you?? The Eagles have as much chance to make the Superbowl this year as the Cowboys do and they are IN the playoffs....thats whats sad....They will lose either this week or next and no one will care....why? Cause its the Eagles....arm pit of America...franchise that has never experienced success....and yet we should sit back and watch how it's done LOL....now that is hilarious :shocking:

Congratulation on Aikman, Smith, and Irvin winning some Super Bowls. :rolleyes:

They must be having an off year, I haven't heard much about them lately.

The last people that should be opening their mouths are Eagles fans....here's a franchise that has never even won a Superbowl....So please Eagles fans....please tell all the choke job loser Cowboys fans how its done....oh wait....you don't know how its done do you?? The Eagles have as much chance to make the Superbowl this year as the Cowboys do and they are IN the playoffs....thats whats sad....They will lose either this week or next and no one will care....why? Cause its the Eagles....arm pit of America...franchise that has never experienced success....and yet we should sit back and watch how it's done LOL....now that is hilarious :rolleyes:

Eagle fans own Dallas Fans until Dallas beats them!

It is easy to see why you down play making the playoffs since Dallas hasn't been a player for quite some time.

and it keeps getting better and better...

Newman: "A coward is tearing the Cowboys apart"

Take it from T-New: A 'coward' is tearing the Dallas Cowboys apart

By JENNIFER FLOYD ENGELjenfloyd@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- Walking around this Cowboys locker room Monday, after another season abruptly ended in failure, I was struck by how deeply divided this team actually is.

The lack of chemistry is glaringly obvious in how players talk about one another. A lack of respect seems to exist for many Cowboy coaches as well. Everybody is always blaming somebody.

And deep fissures remain amongst Dallas’ biggest names, personalities, and players with Wade Phillips basically intimating that he had to have a come-to-Jesus intervention with Jason Witten, T.O. and Tony Romo before Philly.

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman encapsulated all of this angst, somewhat unintentionally Monday, when talking about lack of accountability in this locker room.

“It is like the problem when you had the anonymous player saying all that stuff,” he said. “They are a coward, you know, and that kind of stuff ruined this season.”

Let that sink in: A bigtime Cowboy called another bigtime Cowboy, and Witten specifically -- if locker room rumblings about the identity of “the snitch” are to be believed -- a coward.

Welcome to what happens when you have a Cupcake for a coach.

This Cowboys team lacks leaders, or enough of them. Too few guys hold themselves accountable. This group requires a coach willing to do both and what they got instead was Wade Phillips.

And what we have at Valley Ranch as a result is a mess.

Newman, of course, caused a ruckus a couple of weeks ago by going on national TV and saying just that -- how a lack of accountability from players and specifically coaches had crippled this Cowboys team. He was ripped for doing so.

He also was right, as evidenced by a 44-6 season-ending, playoff-snuffing loss in Philly. What that gutless performance underlined was just how lacking in leadership this team really is.

“Obviously, there were people who were wondering who I was talking about. I was talking about everybody,” Newman said. “Too many guys are not accountable in this organization. And when you sit there and make excuses and put the blame on other people, it erodes what you are trying to build.”

What has been built at Valley Ranch under Coach Cupcake is an unmitigated disaster. We have a mess far bigger than first imagined, and one not easily resolved either.

This is not solved by finding another QB, or dumping T.O., or drafting a safety. This is a cracked foundation, as evidenced by problems that obviously remain between T.O., Romo, Witten and Jason Garrett.

And how do you clean up that level of deeply fractured?

Coach Cupcake has a solution, or he claims to be scribbling down a rudimentary plan on Post-It notes as we speak. He’s going to become “more demanding, more whatever” next season.

OK, so the plan is a work in progress.

“It has to start with me,” Phillips explained. “If you’re not going to change the coach and you don’t get the results you want, then the coach needs to change some things. I have to look at myself.”

His central theme involved “change.” As a result he dropped that buzzword in his presser on Monday more than Barack Obama did during the presidential campaign. He basically promised to be less Cupcake-y, from running a tougher training camp to cracking down in practices to demanding accountability from players.

He finally admitted Monday that he has an accountability problem with this team. Two years and everything that has happened and he just now realized this.

So he vows to “take over” and “pay more attention to detail.” Or in other words, what he should have been doing all along.

Of course, change does not include firing anybody. Coach Wade stays. So do both coordinators. Cap considerations and blind stupidity probably equals most big-name, big-time players returning for 2009.

So what exactly is changing?

Oh yeah, a 61-year-old coach going into his 33rd NFL season plans on totally reinventing himself from “the softie” to “Bill Parcells, Jr.” Which would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic, especially since he admitted his personality is not going to change.

Cowboys linebacker Bradie James actually giggled when asked if a meaner, tougher Coach Cupcake was what this team needed.

“If you know a person to be a certain way and then all of a sudden you have an extreme change, I don’t know how well that’s going to be taken,” he said. “I don’t know what he means by that. Like I said, he didn’t address us, so I don't know.”

Yes, Coach Cupcake began his attempt at being a butt-chewing disciplinarian by failing to address his players in a post-season meeting, a first in a long time at Valley Ranch.

Nor did Bradie seem particularly pleased with this lack of communication from Coach Cupcake.

“Of course. Who wouldn’t?” Bradie said, when asked if Cowboy players wanted to hear from Wade. “I don’t want to just end this thing and be in the dark. I’m finding out information from you guys. That’s not my decision either. That’s just how it is.”

And how it will continue to be.

The Cowboys are divided and I just do not have faith in Coach Cupcake to change into the kind of guy who can fix them.

CornKobb - nice comments. It's nice to see that there is one Cowboys fan who gets it. Good luck to you man in getting your team back to where it needs to be.

---

To the other delusional Cowboys homers ~ I honestly think that not that many people are Cowboys haters but are just tired of the "America's Team" crap. Really what exactly has Dallas done lately of significance? But yet we hear all the time how the Cowboys are the best team of all time.

How about moving on into the 21st century where the Cowboys have done nothing and have as many playoff wins as the Lions. That's where things stand right now... watching the playoffs like every other ordinary team in the NFL. So don't rag on the Iggles fans too much cuz at least they still have a shot at going to the Super Bowl. And they showed up last week when American's Team did not. Not an Iggles fan but enjoyed every minute of watching the "most talented team" in the NFL implode.

Best news of all... you still have you Tinman (Wade) coming back. :music_guitarred:

I honestly think that not that many people are Cowboys haters but are just tired of the "America's Team" crap. Really what exactly has Dallas done lately of significance? But yet we hear all the time how the Cowboys are the best team of all time.

How about moving on into the 21st century where the Cowboys have done nothing and have as many playoff wins as the Lions. That's where things stand right now... watching the playoffs like every other ordinary team in the NFL. So don't rag on the Iggles fans too much cuz at least they still have a shot at going to the Super Bowl. And they showed up last week when American's Team did not. Not an Iggles fan but enjoyed every minute of watching the "most talented team" in the NFL implode.

Best news of all... you still have you Tinman (Wade) coming back. :music_guitarred:

Not to mention the eight playoff wins the Eagles have since the last Dallas one.

Newman needs to shut his idiotic mouth too. Talk about overrated, the dude's a really poor man's Shawn Springs (back when he got hurt all the time). Not even a top 10 corner in my opinion.

And to all the rational Dallas fans: CornKobb, Sirensong, 49ers Suck...guys that seem like actual fans of the game of football...I'm sorry. Even I didn't see them falling on their faces as bad as they have this year.

Maybe Jerry Jones will die during a freak plastic surgery incident?

The last people that should be opening their mouths are Eagles fans....here's a franchise that has never even won a Superbowl....So please Eagles fans....please tell all the choke job loser Cowboys fans how its done....oh wait....you don't know how its done do you?? The Eagles have as much chance to make the Superbowl this year as the Cowboys do and they are IN the playoffs....thats whats sad....They will lose either this week or next and no one will care....why? Cause its the Eagles....arm pit of America...franchise that has never experienced success....and yet we should sit back and watch how it's done LOL....now that is hilarious :banana:

Injuries? What a focking crock of sh!t. Yep, first team ever hit by the injury bug.

YOU GOT BLOWN THE FOCK OUT. Nut up and be a man about it. If your arguement is about living in the past, then maybe you should just kill yourself so those memories stay in your brain without your beloved Cowboys sh!tting the bed for the past 13 years or so.

You were prolly jerking off in front of the TV while watching Hard Knocks this summer.

Injures....are you focking kidding me? That's insulting. :cheers:

....while the Cowboys will be moving into a new stadium with all the media talking about how they still have the most talent in the league....and how they should improve with all the talent they bring in through the draft (what is it 8 or 9 draft picks in the first 6 rounds) and with the players coming back from injury....

Didn't they give up a 1st and a 3rd rounder for Roy Williams? Worst. Trade. Ever. At this point, anyway.

Didn't they give up a 1st and a 3rd rounder for Roy Williams? Worst. Trade. Ever. At this point, anyway.

Pretty sad when you get bamboozled by the Lions' front office. :cheers:

Pretty sad when you get bamboozled by the Lions' front office. :cheers:

Especially considering they could have signed him this offseason and kept their picks. But he really helped their superbowl run...he had what? like 18 catches?

Especially considering they could have signed him this offseason and kept their picks. But he really helped their superbowl run...he had what? like 18 catches?

Less than Crayton, who they had all along.

Maybe Jones just didn't want the pressure of having to figure out who to draft with the first and third round picks.

Cowboys fans voted for Bush. TWICE!

:angry:

You got your stimulus check yet? Obama all the way. I walked into a grocery store the other day with around $200 in food and they said I didnt have to pay for that kind of stuff anymore since Barack is in office......what a crock.

ps....My cocker spaniel could have run for president on the demo side and won. It is time for the libs to save the day! :blink:

You got your stimulus check yet? Obama all the way. I walked into a grocery store the other day with around $200 in food and they said I didnt have to pay for that kind of stuff anymore since Barack is in office......what a crock.

ps....My cocker spaniel could have run for president on the demo side and won. It is time for the libs to save the day! :angry:

Yup, be careful what you wish for... There are going to be allot of shocked people in this country when they see how the next 4 years play out. This country started dying in the 60's and it is not going to get better.

I am not saying McCain would be better I am saying expectations are too high.

Yup, be careful what you wish for... There are going to be allot of shocked people in this country when they see how the next 4 years play out. This country started dying in the 60's and it is not going to get better.

I am not saying McCain would be better I am saying expectations are too high.

Can't you guys find some Fox political board to post your BS on?

This is for FOOTBALL, clowns.

your right sausage..... :first: no more political bs from me. :headbanger:

I didn't start it, I just replied. I agree the politics are getting old and this is no place for it.

You focking Dallas haters really care way to much about 'em.

We dont care about them in the least, but it is comical to see these perennial losers get what they deserve. Most of us actually enjoy the team aspect of football and too see these losers and their stupid fans tank year after year is very entertaining!

I know, next year is your year! LMFAO!

LOSERS!

We dont care about them in the least, but it is comical to see these perennial losers get what they deserve. Most of us actually enjoy the team aspect of football and too see these losers and their stupid fans tank year after year is very entertaining!

I know, next year is your year! LMFAO!

LOSERS!

The funny thing is that the Cowboy organization and their fans are saying the same things this year as they were last year.

Pretty sad when you get bamboozled by the Lions' front office. :lol:

Good one. :banana:

IMO ALL of the Boys fans are guilty of but one thing; buying into the hype. Now there are some that believed well beyond reasonable doubt and should have remained silent when the result was in question. 'Better to be thought the fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.' Man up and take your lumps and move on.

Still, hats off to all the fans that support their team each year no matter what. They're infinitely better than these focktards that don't watch any football except a little highlight on ESPN and then say 'I'm rooting for _____ this year. They look good.' I'll take ten insane Dallas fans over one of these focking dooshes.