Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

25 Round draft....take your team!

I'll put you down for the Lions, but I don't have answers to when it will start.

I know I don't want to do a draft that is going to take 4 months to complete. Hopefullly once we get it filled we can get everyone "together" and see what works for all of us. The quicker and sooner the draft the better. I think most would agree.

Cuse - Let's get this organized. E-mail me:

danpcouch@hotmail.com

im available any reasonable time, sooner [now] or later [march]. looks like i got assigned the ravens.

email me any details, rinku8411@yahoo

I'm back, my son had a basketball game! They won as usual in case you're wondering.

LEAGUE is FULL!! Email sent to Dan/9-Route

I'm back, my son had a basketball game! They won as usual in case you're wondering.

LEAGUE is FULL!! Email sent to Dan/9-Route

I am fine with the Cardinals.

I am fine with the Cardinals.

They're the first team that popped into my head. Not sure why :thumbsup:

Just a question, are we able to draft players in the 2009 draft? i.e. Moreno, Sanchez, Beanie Wells

Just a question, are we able to draft players in the 2009 draft? i.e. Moreno, Sanchez, Beanie Wells

very good question; i would assume/hope for 'yes'.

then again, tougher to gauge the overall teams with those who have yet to perform in pros.

I mentioned March, simply because it gets us beyond the playoffs and the combine. But we can certainly start earlier. The separate room will be almost imperative, though.

And commitment. . . this concept is awesome, but everyone getting on board needs to "count the cost" here, because it's a daunting draft, once we get past the top 5 at each position. Most people do Madden and draft the first 10 rounds, and let the computer do the rest. This is for the no-lifers like me that sit there and evaluate all the way down through the final round, and lament that we can't get our "diamond in the rough".

I assume from this, the players in the upcoming draft would be available.

cool so we got 16, where do we go from here

Forward :pointstosky:

Also, I assume now we need to get a time, forum and draft order.

was the decision made for fantasy/serpentine vs straight/reality style draft order?

was the decision made for fantasy/serpentine vs straight/reality style draft order?

We didn't officially decide but I'd like to motion that we snake it, or else it'll be too top heavy.

I think we need to go snake draft.

I also would advise against the rookies . . . specifically dependent on the start of this. Right now, it looks as though we will start sooner rather than later. With that, you compound issues. First, that we don't everyone coming out, and second, the aforementioned issue of not really having anything to base their career on.

Evaluation will be muddy enough, because folks are going to be drafting young up-and-comers that they can justify being part of their rosters. Just a thought. I will consider keeping the rosters around and evaluating going forward what those teams look like . . . perhaps that will dissuade someone from drafting an old star on his way out just for the sake of name recognition.

We didn't officially decide but I'd like to motion that we snake it, or else it'll be too top heavy.

Did you get my e-mails?

plural?

One to you; one to you and Cuse

Hi Dan, just sent you an e-mail with both my work and weekend e-mail. I am ready and here to stay for the full 25 rounds. Cuse, not sure how to e-mail you so let me know.

Excellent, Doc. We'll be getting going soon . . . I suspect. Commitment is necessary, because this will suck if people drop after 10 rounds.

I also think we should go with a snake draft for this.

Anyway we could determine the draft order soon? This way people would have an idea where they're drafting and we'd hit the ground running once we establish when/where we're going to do this thing.

We'll have a draft order by the time we have a room.

Dan and I have been in contact and everything is going good. We are targeting Feb. 3 for the draft as of now.

Mike has been kind enough to give us our own board for the draft and Dan is doing a great job getting all the details ironed out. Since Dan is a respected member of the forums he's got the control from here on out. Once we get the board Dan will set the rules, start time/date, roster requirements and anything else that pertains to the draft.

Anyone who has been assigned a team please send me an email letting us (Dan and I) that you are committed. Please include your fftoday name so I know who you are. If you did not get a team, but are interested please feel free to send an email and I can put you on the list in case someone decides to back out or goes awol?!

fab5commiss@yahoo.com

Dan will set a fair time limit for picks, but please dont' abuse the time limit. Obviously we all have lives outside of fantasy football and our families, jobs and whatnot come first, but to make this draft fun we need to have everyone making their picks "quickly" The top end of the limit will be for worst case scenerios for people. The quicker we can make our picks the more fun this will be. So, try and keeps tabs on the draft so we can keep it going quickly and smoothly. Once I get everyone's email, Dan or I can email you to let you know that your picks are coming up.

Should be alot of fun. Thanks to everyone for your time already, we'll get this thing rolling soon!!

Talk of 30 rounds has been brought up. Does this bother anyone? Provides the opportunity for a bit of depth, strategy, etc.

30 rounds, snake order, and no rookies sounds great to me.

I'm going to send the confirmation email right now

I'm cool with this too.

I have a feeling alot in here have not done a mock draft on here before, good luck is all I can say :rolleyes:

getting through 15 rounds (only 12 teams) is a b!tch and thats a fantasy mock draft with pretty much the same guys every year. (swirves mock draft). Make sure to leave a list with someone if you are on the clock shortly or it will totally stall out (being able to predraft would make life alot easier). once again good luck to all! :shocking:

I have a feeling alot in here have not done a mock draft on here before, good luck is all I can say :mad:

getting through 15 rounds (only 12 teams) is a b!tch and thats a fantasy mock draft with pretty much the same guys every year. (swirves mock draft). Make sure to leave a list with someone if you are on the clock shortly or it will totally stall out (being able to predraft would make life alot easier). once again good luck to all! :Mr-T:

These were my thoughts exactly, but between myself and Dan we'll hound them until they make a pick or we'll pick for them. We're gonna have a time limit, etc to make sure things go as smoothly as possible too. :bandana:

If all continues according to plan, we'll have a room tomorrow, or Thursday at the very latest. At that time, we will put forward a draft order, and I will detail all the necessary rules on that forum.

I will re-emphasize this once more here, though, as I am not naive to the manner of many mock drafts. This is not for the faint of heart, or the lazy in execution. Make sure you're in this for the long haul, and ready to draft the Damien Woodys, and not just the Ed Reeds. I'm really looking forward to this, and the people that have sent e-mails seem to be, as well.

Honestly, I'm trusting that we truly have the "geekiest of the geeks" here. And I say that with the sincerest respect. :dunno:

Joey Gladstone - did you send your e-mail? I did not get it. Or did you send it to Cuse?

Oh, and the lean is 30 rounds . . . so unless I hear major complaints, we'll end up setting it that way. :dunno:

im in Feb 3rd works great for me anytime after 1pm pst

I hate email

I appreciate that, but some form of communication will be necessary given your location. 1pm PST is the end of many work days. Is that an every day time? Or something special for that day?

If you e-mail me, I'll give you my cell number, and you can call it in.

Rules and Draft Order are listed at the GM Scratch Draft site. Make sure you sign in.

These were my thoughts exactly, but between myself and Dan we'll hound them until they make a pick or we'll pick for them. We're gonna have a time limit, etc to make sure things go as smoothly as possible too. :music_guitarred:

I will be follow along with your long journey :first:

sounds fun actually, I loved drafting my entire team on madden.

VaTerp has disappeared! We may need to replace him.

IF VaTerp doesn't show up within a few days we'll need to find a replacement!

If interested in the draft, post here and let us know. We already have 15 committed owners.