Sign in to follow this  
Lionsjunkie

2009 DETROIT TIGERS

Rayburn really???

WTF is he still on the focking roster and not in AAA. I call game ending double play

Rayburn really???

WTF is he still on the focking roster and not in AAA. I call game ending double play

I'll just quote this myself :overhead:

Cleveland vs Pittsburgh

Cleveland 5

Pittsburgh 5

* Final

* Box Score

MLB.TV

:overhead:

Cleveland vs Pittsburgh

Cleveland 5

Pittsburgh 5

* Final

* Box Score

MLB.TV

:doublethumbsup:

Wood almost blew another one. What a loser he is, wow

3rd best win % in the league :doublethumbsup:

Nice, but still haven't played the East much, the Twins have played them 10 more times or something stupid

5th straight win but there are some serious concerns still.

1. They are relying on HRs wayyyyy too much. They have to be better at manufacturing runs. Especially when they get a man around to 3rd with less that 2 outs. They were suicide squeezing quite successfully early on. Why not now? We have the pitching to win those NL type of small ball games.

2. End the Mags drama before it tears up this clubhouse. Release him already. There's no way you're paying him 30 mill even if he hits .400 over the next two months. Ramon freaking Santiago has twice as many HRs(4) and he's tied with Adam Everret (2). Pull the plug.

3. Laird has got to hit more or you have to give Dusty Ryan an extended look.

4. Thames is not going to be a long term answer. He's just too streaky. If they trade before the dealine, it has to be for a legitimate DH.

5th straight win but there are some serious concerns still.

They were suicide squeezing quite successfully early on. Why not now?

They tried over the weekend...Everett popped the bunt up to the pitcher, doubling off Laird who was coming home.

What we need, badly, is a leadoff hitter who gets on base. Granderson bats .248 with an OBP of .328 when leading off. That is horribly unacceptable. As a team, guys batting out of the #1 spot have an on-base of .330.

What we need, badly, is a leadoff hitter who gets on base. Granderson bats .248 with an OBP of .328 when leading off. That is horribly unacceptable. As a team, guys batting out of the #1 spot have an on-base of .330.

:doublethumbsup:

GAAAAH! Almost pulled off the craziest triple play I would have ever seen. Chopper to Inge, steps on third and one-hops the throw to second, Polanco throws to first and misses by just a step.

Another heads up play by Polanco. These guys play ridiculous defense behind Porcello.

Speaking of poor bunting..and of Polanco. When was the last time you saw a guy bunt the ball OFF OF HIS HELMET?

Porcello playing with fire all night:

2nd inning - 2 on no outs

3rd inning - leadoff double

4th inning - 2 on no outs

5th inning - strands bases loaded

6th inning - 2 on no outs, done

Laird joins Soto and Cabrera on the HR list tonight. Last 9 runs in the series have come by home run (both teams). After the Tigers' extended homer drought, they have now gone yard in 8 straight.

Ugh...second terrible base running mistake by Anderson this week...picked off while pinch-running last night, now thrown out trying to take an extra base on a bunt single with no outs. You can't be a pinch-runner if you get yourself thrown out every time.

2nd bases loaded walk by the Cubs tonight, might be the capper. Better be after Thames left the bases loaded on a called strike three.

Oh thank you so much ump. Gives Rod Jones the high strike as he was about to walk the bases loaded.

Ok, really, enough is enough. Galarraga isn't going to figure things out up here, I think 2 months worth of starts have made that agonizingly clear. Do we have great options in the minors? No, we traded them all. But at this point, I'd rather take a chance with some kid down there, than continue with a guy we KNOW won't give us a chance to win.

Ordonez home run...wtf!?!?

two hits last night...its the Reverse Samson thing....hopefully he comes around.

GAAAAH! Almost pulled off the craziest triple play I would have ever seen. Chopper to Inge, steps on third and one-hops the throw to second, Polanco throws to first and misses by just a step.

Inge shoulda went 3rd to 1st...off balance poor throw that could've been a disastrous inning if he throws that into RF, ballsy, but not smart IMO

Another heads up play by Polanco. These guys play ridiculous defense behind Porcello.

What a greta play by Polly, don't remember teh last time I've seen a 2B go to 3rd on an infield hit :thumbsup:

Ugh...second terrible base running mistake by Anderson this week...picked off while pinch-running last night, now thrown out trying to take an extra base on a bunt single with no outs. You can't be a pinch-runner if you get yourself thrown out every time.

I love aggressive baserunning....sure it was a gamble but he almost got in there...needed a greta throw to get him.

Oh thank you so much ump. Gives Rod Jones the high strike as he was about to walk the bases loaded.

Yep, that was ball 4 :headbanger:

Ok, really, enough is enough. Galarraga isn't going to figure things out up here, I think 2 months worth of starts have made that agonizingly clear. Do we have great options in the minors? No, we traded them all. But at this point, I'd rather take a chance with some kid down there, than continue with a guy we KNOW won't give us a chance to win.

Galarraga has pitched decent enough lately to at least give us a shot to win...I think Miner should be the first in line for a spot start or two if needed.

Galarraga has pitched decent enough lately to at least give us a shot to win...I think Miner should be the first in line for a spot start or two if needed.

His BEST start in the past two months was 6.2 IP, 3 ER. His June numbers, which are an 'upward' trend, are 1-2 with an ERA just over 6.00, and opponents batting over .360. The only way that pitching gives you a shot to win is if your offense happens to have a good day, which the Tigers' offense is at best 50-50 to do so on any given day.

Does anybody hit more solo shots than Grandy :headbanger: I know he's a leadoff man but even when he's not leading off an inning/game he sure seems to hit alot of solo dingers.

Bout time ol fockface batted Cabrera third :music_guitarred:

He's been money for my fantasy team, but they need to drop him down the lineup. Leyland is robbing me of RBI's

He's been money for my fantasy team, but they need to drop him down the lineup. Leyland is robbing me of RBI's

i think his splits show he hits way better at lead-off than down in the order...that's one of the reasons leyland moved him back to #1.

i think his splits show he hits way better at lead-off than down in the order...that's one of the reasons leyland moved him back to #1.

Granderson's splits:

Batting leadoff: 223 ABs, .246 BA, 13 HR, 32 RBI, 27 BB, 50 K

Batting 4th: 4 ABs, .250 BA, 1 HR

Batting 5th: 56 ABs, .321 BA, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 8 BB, 7 K

Granderson's splits:

Batting leadoff: 223 ABs, .246 BA, 13 HR, 32 RBI, 27 BB, 50 K

Batting 4th: 4 ABs, .250 BA, 1 HR

Batting 5th: 56 ABs, .321 BA, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 8 BB, 7 K

as per power, which was my point...if you move him down to get more use of his power his splits show he hasn't done that part of it lower in the order.

as per power, which was my point...if you move him down to get more use of his power his splits show he hasn't done that part of it lower in the order.

Actually, 4 homers in 60 ABs (his totals outside the leadoff spot) is a higher rate than 13 in 223.

Actually, 4 homers in 60 ABs (his totals outside the leadoff spot) is a higher rate than 13 in 223.

Damn you love those stats :thumbsup:

Damnit Magglio. The pitcher is in shell-shock following Cabrera's monster homer, walks two batters on 9 pitches...so yeah, swing at the first pitch. Dumbass.

Wow...Polanco bomb. No wonder why Wandy is walking guys, he is afraid to throw anything that could make contact.

Verlander off his game again.

Bases loaded, one out..and Mr. Double Play. Get his ass out of the lineup. The guy has hit into 13 DPs now...he is a one-man rally killing machine.

V only gets his 9th if the bullpen holds because he's outta here. He's up in this inning.

Verlander off his game again.

It's pretty amazing how spoiled we've become. 2 runs in 5 innings and he's now off his game. :o

Although I agree he doesn't have the control that's he's shown, it's a still a pretty good start.

It's pretty amazing how spoiled we've become. 2 runs in 5 innings and he's now off his game. :o

Although I agree he doesn't have the control that's he's shown, it's a still a pretty good start.

It wasn't the 2 runs in 5 innings, it was the loading the bases in the first, 2 walks/2 hits/2 runs in the third, 2 hits and a run in the sixth.

Questionable decision by Leyland. Thames walks with two out, none on and Leyland pinch runs for him with Anderson. 1) this takes out one of your more dangerous hitters for a very minimal scoring chance and 2) Anderson has been thrown out on base running mistakes the last two times he pinch-ran.

I am so glad I didn't stay up for that.

Teams are starting to figure out how to approach Zumaya (who btw touched 105 on the gun :pointstosky: ). If you foul enough of his pitches off, he'll miss the strike zone by mile on enough pitches during your at bat to get a walk. It's been happening all year.

I'm not a big fan of his fist pumping antics especially when every other time out, he's blowing a hold oppurtunity. It makes him look foolish. I'd love for one of the batters to get a walk and do the same back to him as he trots to first.

And Zumaya's choke has doomed us to a series loss as Figaro is getting smacked around. Jackson will have to salvage one win for us in another disappointing road series.

Magglio Ordonez, runners on, less than 2 outs...you know what time it is!

DOUBLE PLAY

What would the Vegas odds be on this? 2:1? Even? Can you bet on this? We have reached the point where Magglio is no longer a wasted spot in the lineup, but actually makes the team worse just by being in the game...and Leyland is still completely oblivious to it. Pregame interview, discussing the ball carrying more in day games in Oakland and not having Inge in the game today:

Leyland: "I still think we have power, even without Brandon..with Miguel, Marcus and Magglio"

I'm sure he meant to say "Miguel, Marcus, and Everett" or "Miguel, Marcus, and Polanco". :doh:

Third time today the Tigers strand a runner in scoring position with less than 2 outs. :sleep:

I cannot begin to understand Leyland...

You have a kid making his debut, a 7-2 lead. He has runners on first and second, but just made one of the top hitters in the league look foolish with a big breaking-ball strikeout.

...and you pull him. After that impressive showdown. An out shy of qualifying for the victory. Really? So not only does the kid lose the sure W, but you are starting an important road series with a minimum of 4 1/3 IP for your bullpen. :blink: