Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2009 NFL Draft Contest

Our annual draft contest is ready for action! You can find the Rules & Prizes at the contest page but the overview is...

• It's Free
  • Predict the top ten draft picks
  • Answer 4 Bonus Questions
  • Top ten finishers win prizes

- You may edit your entry at anytime up until 3:30 Eastern on Saturday April 25th (30 minutes prior to the start of the NFL Draft).

- Points will be awarded based on how close your selections are to the actual draft order.

- Make sure you are logged in with your FF Today username and password (which may be different from your forums account). Shoot me an email if you need login help or forgot your password.

After 10 picks I have 91 points. Still have Orakpo at #10 still on my board...and could get 10 more pts if Washington trades up (not gonna happen I don't think) and if 8 QB/RB/WR get drafted in the first.

How's everyone else doing?

i have 81 based on player picks.. with Maclin still possibly netting me some more (i had him 8th to Jax)

i missed on the props tho I had KC trading back, Washington trading up and taking Mark Sanchez. Honestly i should have had the Jets for both of those but I didn't want to believe it as a Jets fan.

since Washgton won't trade up at this point my last hope for points is 10 QB/RB/WR

im done :overhead: but 6/10 picks correct aint bad... the Tyson Jackson pick really f'd me. Needed Monroe there.

i have 81 based on player picks.. with Maclin still possibly netting me some more (i had him 8th to Jax)

i missed on the props tho I had KC trading back, Washington trading up and taking Mark Sanchez. Honestly i should have had the Jets for both of those but I didn't want to believe it as a Jets fan.

since Washgton won't trade up at this point my last hope for points is 10 QB/RB/WR

im done :overhead:

Jets weren't a choice to move up, or I would have had 5 more pts. I decided to pick Wash. to move up and NYJ to pick Sanchez so i would most likely get 5 pts.

All my player picks in: 88 points.

Bonus so far: Move down: Cle (5)

Sanchez team: NYJ (5)

So 98, with more if 8 QB/RB/WR are drafted in the 1st.

Cleveland trades down again, 5 more bonus points? :headbanger:

ah thats true... i forgot Jets were not a choice probably why I went with Wash and then had Wash taking Sanchez because obviously whatever team traded up would be doing so for Sanchez.

and i really should have had Cleveland trading down. That in hindsight was the no brainer.

I think more than 8 qb/wr/rb will be gone. Already 6 off the board with Wells, Brown, Maclin, Harvin, Nicks all possible 1st rounders.

ah thats true... i forgot Jets were not a choice probably why I went with Wash and then had Wash taking Sanchez because obviously whatever team traded up would be doing so for Sanchez.

and i really should have had Cleveland trading down. That in hindsight was the no brainer.

I think more than 8 qb/wr/rb will be gone. Already 6 off the board with Wells, Brown, Maclin, Harvin, Nicks all possible 1st rounders.

and 7 with Freeman...just seems every year I pick 9 or 10 and am too high...so when I went through my mock and came up with 9, I decided to subtract 1....sound logic in my head :doh:

Tabulating the scores now. Bonus questions:

1. Running through the NFL.com trade tracker, NE, NE, CLE, CLE and CLE traded down. The only correct choice in the contest was, CLE.

2. On the trade up side we have NYJ, TB, PHI, BAL and GB. The only correct choice in the contest was, PHI.

3. Wow, 12 QB + RB + WR drafted in the 1st round. 10 or more is the right answer.

4. Of course the Jets drafted Sanchez. His draft stock really rocketed up since we put the contest together a few weeks ago, when he wasn't considered a top 10 pick.

4. Of course the Jets drafted Sanchez. His draft stock really rocketed up since we put the contest together a few weeks ago, when he wasn't considered a top 10 pick.

I'm still having a hard time understanding how his value shot up so high. Like you said, I thought he was gonna drop into the teens. Never thought he'd go as high as 5, let alone a team would trade up that high to make the pick.

I'm still having a hard time understanding how his value shot up so high. Like you said, I thought he was gonna drop into the teens. Never thought he'd go as high as 5, let alone a team would trade up that high to make the pick.

for months I had him going to San Fran at 10, no later than NY/TB around 17/19... He really shot up with his pro day and individual workouts. Why? his attitude. Listen to some of the interviews and this guy just has that air of confidence but not cockiness that I am really starting to like.

I also think Cassel being from the USC system and having not started a game really helped ease the 16 starts debate.

Unofficial results are up! It looks like batoj is our stand-alone winner, scoring big on his 10th pick over 2nd place gupster99 and WKTSWAY.

If anyone sees an error in the scoring, please speak now or forever hold your peace. Thanks to all 628 of you who entered!

woah woah 42nd? i demand a recount! :overhead:

I also think Cassel being from the USC system and having not started a game really helped ease the 16 starts debate.

I'm not sure if it's due to Cassel, but I had heard it mentioned that teams like the fact he played in a pro-style offense coming out of USC. Many of these other QBs (and offensive players in general) are playing in a spread offense in college, leaving scouts in a difficult place to determine how well their talent will translate to playing at the NFL level.

For a QB like Sanchez, I imagine playing in a pro-style offense at USC can go a long way towards helping your draft status. Nonetheless, the guys value just kept climbing the charts all the way up to draft day. Guess we'll see soon enough if he was deserving of a top 5 selection in this years draft.

I have nothing against him, but was just surprised at how far up the draft boards he shot.

I'm not sure if it's due to Cassel, but I had heard it mentioned that teams like the fact he played in a pro-style offense coming out of USC. Many of these other QBs (and offensive players in general) are playing in a spread offense in college, leaving scouts in a difficult place to determine how well their talent will translate to playing at the NFL level.

For a QB like Sanchez, I imagine playing in a pro-style offense at USC can go a long way towards helping your draft status. Nonetheless, the guys value just kept climbing the charts all the way up to draft day. Guess we'll see soon enough if he was deserving of a top 5 selection in this years draft.

I have nothing against him, but was just surprised at how far up the draft boards he shot.

I hear ya. as ive been saying in every related thread I was not happy the Jets traded up for him. I didn't want to give up that 2nd rounder and what was basically Maclin and McCoy (eagles got both lol).

But considering where they traded up to I think it was a hell of a trade giving only a 2nd and some old Mangini backups.

Like i said i think he really jumped up the past few days because now is the time teams start talking more and more about who they want and rumors start to fly. Pro style offense definately helped, and I really think Cassel's success put to bed any concerns about college starts. Also compare his final season with those of Leinart and Palmer and its right there statistically.

Unofficial results are up! It looks like batoj is our stand-alone winner, scoring big on his 10th pick over 2nd place gupster99 and WKTSWAY.

If anyone sees an error in the scoring, please speak now or forever hold your peace. Thanks to all 628 of you who entered!

So close...

Great job batoj, only having 4 and 5 flip-flopped!

308th :shocking:

How the h3ll did I finish in the top ten a few years ago.

:shocking:

308th :bandana:

How the h3ll did I finish in the top ten a few years ago.

:(

Wow, that is awful. I was tied for 63rd and I was hanging my head in shame. :(

500 and thirty something. :thumbsup:

I was done after the 3rd pick. :unsure: