Sign in to follow this  
Belushi

Anyone see Jamie Dukes talking about Hasselbeck?

I was watching Total Access this morning, and they were talking about the Seahags taking Sanchez at #4. So Dukes pipes in that if they do take Sanchez they should immediately trade Hasselbeck to a team in need of a QB, like the Jets or Minny, because his value will never be higher.

I just looked at the TV in amazement. You're going to trade away your veteran QB (who's been pretty good) and give the ball to a rookie QB day one with 16 college starts? How stupid is that? This is the first time I've heard this idea mentioned, and I know why - its retarded. Sanchez needs to sit on the bench for a year or two behind a veteran QB, which is why Seattle is such a good fit. But throwing him in day one is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Why is Dukes allowed to speak on the air?

I was watching Total Access this morning, and they were talking about the Seahags taking Sanchez at #4. So Dukes pipes in that if they do take Sanchez they should immediately trade Hasselbeck to a team in need of a QB, like the Jets or Minny, because his value will never be higher.

I just looked at the TV in amazement. You're going to trade away your veteran QB (who's been pretty good) and give the ball to a rookie QB day one with 16 college starts? How stupid is that? This is the first time I've heard this idea mentioned, and I know why - its retarded. Sanchez needs to sit on the bench for a year or two behind a veteran QB, which is why Seattle is such a good fit. But throwing him in day one is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Why is Dukes allowed to speak on the air?

Jamie Dukes is a moron and should thank God every day that he is employed.

Jamie Dukes is a moron and should thank God every day that he is employed.

Jamie Dukes >>> Flahawker

Seattle does not want Stafford or Sanchez. They are both garbage. Worst top QB prospects I've seen in years. Absolutely garbage.

Seattle does not want Stafford or Sanchez. They are both garbage. Worst top QB prospects I've seen in years. Absolutely garbage.

I'm gonna agree to disagree with you.

:huh: :dunno:

Seriously though. I still believe Stafford is #2 or 3 on their draft board.

However, I still believe Sanchez is :pointstosky: code word :wave: for trade down.

Jamie Dukes doesn't belong out in public much less on tv.

Now that Stephen H Smith is looking for work, maybe the NFL can put together the most annoying hour of sports talk tv in forever.

I agree. I think it would take an amazing situation for either one of them to turn out to be an average QB.

I'm gonna agree to disagree with you.

:huh: :thumbsup:

Seriously though. I still believe Stafford is #2 or 3 on their draft board.

However, I still believe Sanchez is :argue: code word :dunno: for trade down.

Maybe I'm coming off as I'm speaking for the Seahawks. I'm not.

I'm no hero. I'm just a disgruntled man, traveling the internet universe, wishing fatal diseases on people. And hate both Stafford and Sanchez.

I would rather have Pat White than either of these guys - and if the Lions go Stafford in rd 1 and we don't pick Sanchez in rd 1, then this could actually happen, since White at 2.05 isn't completely out of the question. He can also play WR in a pinch.

Maybe I'm coming off as I'm speaking for the Seahawks. I'm not.

I'm no hero. I'm just a disgruntled man, traveling the internet universe, wishing fatal diseases on people. And hate both Stafford and Sanchez.

You sir, just bordered dangerously close to becoming my sig... :ninja:

Jamie Dukes >>> Flahawker

why even type that? just trying to cause arguments :overhead:

You have your opinion and he has his. The man is strong in his convictions and he is not afraid to speak up even if his opinion is unpopular.

Do you think that Hasselbeck's value would be higher at some other point??

Many Seahawk fans would like to see Hasselbeck gone and would welcome a new franchise QB.

The media has slowly increased Mark Sanchez's draft selection from mid-late first up to Washington at 13, Denver at 12, SF at 11, Jacksonville at 8, even Cleveland at 5, Seattle at 4, and I've even heard St. Louis at 2 and even Detroit at #1 overall. :doublethumbsup: I hope he fails miserably. The next Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, David Carr, Joey Harrington. I still remember Sanchez walking off the field after losing to Oregon State and throwing his mouthpiece in disgust. :overhead: I hope to see more of those moments from him in the pros.

You have your opinion and he has his. The man is strong in his convictions and he is not afraid to speak up even if his opinion is unpopular.

Many Seahawk fans would like to see Hasselbeck gone and would welcome a new franchise QB.

There is difference in upopular and foolish, plus there are 21 pages in our Seahawk thread and not one person has advocated trading Hasselbeck because they would like to see him gone in favor of Sanchez. Hass is prety well-liked.

:wave: Really?

Jamie Dukes is on the FFToday boards! :banana:

Please leave. We only want people here that know something about football. :wave:

I would rather have Pat White than either of these guys - and if the Lions go Stafford in rd 1 and we don't pick Sanchez in rd 1, then this could actually happen, since White at 2.05 isn't completely out of the question. He can also play WR in a pinch.

Sounds like another Seneca Wallace...

I don't get all of the White love. I know he was productive in college and is a good athlete, but when has a short, mobile QB done really well in the NFL? I'm having a tough time seeing where he'd fit in an offence. Sure he'd be good on trick plays, but spending a day one pick on a guy that's not going to be on the field very much doesn't make much sense. I'm sure he's a great kid, but I don't see him playing QB in the NFL. Kordell Stewart didn't work, Brad Smith on the Jets (I think that's his name) hasn't done much, Troy Smith (short but not great mobility) is a backup. Is White going to be better than Tavaris Jackson?

I guess I should explain where I came up with that.

One of my best friends owns a couple of microbreweries in Seattle and he talks Seahawk football with many people throughout his day. I was suprised to hear that as well, but he was adament that many people who he has talked to want Hasselbeck gone.

My friend no longer plays fantasy football so he has no motive to lie. He has season tickets, and he is an ex college football player himself.

I guess I should explain where I came up with that.

One of my best friends owns a couple of microbreweries in Seattle and he talks Seahawk football with many people throughout his day. I was suprised to hear that as well, but he was adament that many people who he has talked to want Hasselbeck gone.

My friend no longer plays fantasy football so he has no motive to lie. He has season tickets, and he is an ex college football player himself.

Casual Hawk fans.

I sat next to a guy at a game a few years ago that was booing Hasselbeck (he was a Hawks fan) every time he threw an incompletion. I wanted to blow a wad in his garlic fries when he wasn't looking.

Most of these types of fans just started liking the team a decade ago because they liked their new "outfits"