Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Tony Romo

Ben was horrible in that first super bowl. NFL Network just showed the Steelers vs Jags games from Dec. 2007, 4th and 7 and the Steelers with the ball, with time running out, down by just a few points; Roethlisberger threw a 2 yard pass to Heath Miller out of the backfield who came up short of the first down. Game Over. I respectfully disagree.

wow...that's funny...cause i was just watching the NFL Network and it showed the one where Romo won a playoff game that one time...

:crickets:

:thumbsdown:

wow...that's funny...cause i was just watching the NFL Network and it showed the one where Romo won a playoff game that one time...

:crickets:

:(

His career is just getting started. I can promise you he won't be riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Ben was horrible in that first super bowl. NFL Network just showed the Steelers vs Jags games from Dec. 2007, 4th and 7 and the Steelers with the ball, with time running out, down by just a few points; Roethlisberger threw a 2 yard pass to Heath Miller out of the backfield who came up short of the first down. Game Over. I respectfully disagree.

If you are just wanting to compare super bowl performances between Romo and Roethlisberger, it can't be done since Romo hasn't gotten their yet.

Overall Ben is 8-2 in the Playoffs, and in last year's SB, completed 70% of his passes and drove his team to the winning TD.

If you want to base Roelisberger's whole career on that one bad SB performance, then I agree with you, Romo is the better QB.

the steelers would have won the SB with or without ben both yrs. it was more aboot their D. kinda like dilfer.

Look, I know you are a Dallas homer, and are probably annoyed that we are talking realistically about your QB Romo, but c'mon, you have to do better than comparing Roethlisberger to Dilfer. So far in his career he has a 51-20 record as a starter in the regular season and an 8-2 record in the playoffs. Two years ago he threw for 32 TD's and only 11 interceptions. All of this with not exactly star studded material around him on offense.

If you're going to use that logic, then you may as well compare Roethlisberger to Aikman. After all, with all the star power around him on offense, the great defense, and the great coaching, all Aikman had to do was manage the games. He really didn't contribute to their 3 super bowls. Just like Roethlisberger. Oh wait, Roelisberger did drive his team to the winning TD at the end of last years SB. Troy never had to do that.

To sum up my points on this entire thread:

1. Romo is a good NFL QB

2. Romo has not performed well in big games

3. Romo can do whatever he wants in his off time.

4. The public may perceive him as not doing all he can to prepare for football, if they see him not preparing

for something else he does (like try to qualify for the US Open).

5. Based on their performance in big games, Ben Roethlisberger is a better QB than Tony Romo.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Look, I know you are a Dallas homer, and are probably annoyed that we are talking realistically about your QB Romo, but c'mon, you have to do better than comparing Roethlisberger to Dilfer. So far in his career he has a 51-20 record as a starter in the regular season and an 8-2 record in the playoffs. Two years ago he threw for 32 TD's and only 11 interceptions. All of this with not exactly star studded material around him on offense.

If you're going to use that logic, then you may as well compare Roethlisberger to Aikman. After all, with all the star power around him on offense, the great defense, and the great coaching, all Aikman had to do was manage the games. He really didn't contribute to their 3 super bowls. Just like Roethlisberger. Oh wait, Roelisberger did drive his team to the winning TD at the end of last years SB. Troy never had to do that.

To sum up my points on this entire thread:

1. Romo is a good NFL QB

2. Romo has not performed well in big games

3. Romo can do whatever he wants in his off time.

4. The public may perceive him as not doing all he can to prepare for football, if they see him not preparing

for something else he does (like try to qualify for the US Open).

5. Based on their performance in big games, Ben Roethlisberger is a better QB than Tony Romo.

And boom goes the dynamite.

this was well written, but you killed it by using an old, tired and frankly never very good cliche at the end.

His career is just getting started. I can promise you he won't be riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Oh hell, now you're tapdancing Gepetto. He's been in the league 1 year longer than Ben and is nearly a full 2 years older. And before you throw out the "Yeah, but he wasn't a starter until..." line of BS, well, I'll respond with "Yeah, and look who he couldn't beat out to become the starter". He's at the damn peak of his athletic career as a 29 year old and he still has yet to win a playoff game! Hell, he barely wins games in December when it's not a playoff game.

Oh, and here's another fun thought. You should be thanking Ben for not wearing that helmet and getting into an "accident". Were it not for that and the emergency appendectomy he had to have at the start of that season we would very easily be talking about his three Superbowl wins and even more playoff victories vs Romo's big goose egg in that department.

So we can wrap up this "debate" (you're getting killed, but we'll still call it debate so you won't take your ball and go home). Would you, as a Cowboys fan, rather have the guy that has the gaudy stats and continued your now 12 year streak of no playoff wins OR would you rather have the "game manager" who has a HISTORICALLY GOOD winning percentage in December and January AND two superbowl wins including one where he moved his team 84 yrds in the final minutes and threw a nearly impossible TD pass to win it?

Now this is a statement from someone who doesn't have a clue.

this was well written, but you killed it by using an old, tired and frankly never very good cliche at the end.

Sorry, I am a fan of Sean "the cablanasian" Pendergast, who is a sports talk show host here in Houston. He used this line

at the end of one of his rants to win Jim Rome's smack-off several years ago. It always struck me as pretty funny.

Sorry, I am a fan of Sean "the cablanasian" Pendergast, who is a sports talk show host here in Houston. He used this line

at the end of one of his rants to win Jim Rome's smack-off several years ago. It always struck me as pretty funny.

was kidding man, paying you a backhanded compliment. ;)

http://www.fftoday.com/news/index.php?Item=2092

How come Tony's conditioning is being questioned?

Time for all the "he can do what he wants in the offseason" Romo supporters to chime in.

I am particularly interested to hear KSB's spin :dunno:

Time for all the "he can do what he wants in the offseason" Romo supporters to chime in.

I am particularly interested to hear KSB's spin :thumbsup:

(Rotoworld) Cowboys QB Tony Romo denied a report that he had been told to get into better shape in a meeting with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. Analysis: Romo said that no such meeting ever took place. "If there's anything those guys tell me, it's to throttle back sometimes just because I do a lot of running playing soccer and basketball and stuff to stay in shape, plus the stuff we do," said Romo.

From the link you provided: FF Today's Take: While conditioning may play a small role in Romo's well-noted struggles in December, it is all too easy to overlook what may be the real reason for his late-season struggles - the schedule. Last season's slate included Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia and the New York Giants. For those that weren't counting, three of those teams were three of the final four teams left in the NFL playoffs and the other team - the Giants - were the defending Super Bowl champs.

Also: Published Tue Jun 16 6:57:33 p.m. CT 2009

(KFFL) Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo has pushed himself more in the weight room this offseason in an effort to improve his conditioning. "I think that was one of the two or three things actually I kind of set forth this off-season," Romo said. "One was to be the same in September as you are in December as an individual and as a team." Romo has also tweaked his footwork, which he believes will speed up his delivery.

Nice try though.

I am particularly interested to hear KSB's spin :D

No spin needed. Ben Roethisburger is fat. According to people in this thread he is also very good and better than Romo. So maybe Romo is trying to get fat like Ben. :dunno:

Just kidding. Kinda.

I think Gepetto did my dirty work right above. :thumbsup:

(Rotoworld) Cowboys QB Tony Romo denied a report that he had been told to get into better shape in a meeting with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. Analysis: Romo said that no such meeting ever took place. "If there's anything those guys tell me, it's to throttle back sometimes just because I do a lot of running playing soccer and basketball and stuff to stay in shape, plus the stuff we do," said Romo.

From the link you provided: FF Today's Take: While conditioning may play a small role in Romo's well-noted struggles in December, it is all too easy to overlook what may be the real reason for his late-season struggles - the schedule. Last season's slate included Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia and the New York Giants. For those that weren't counting, three of those teams were three of the final four teams left in the NFL playoffs and the other team - the Giants - were the defending Super Bowl champs.

(KFFL) Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo has pushed himself more in the weight room this offseason in an effort to improve his conditioning. "I think that was one of the two or three things actually I kind of set forth this off-season," Romo said. "One was to be the same in September as you are in December as an individual and as a team." Romo has also tweaked his footwork, which he believes will speed up his delivery.

Nice try though.

oh yeah, and the people who are ALWAYS the most critical of the Cowboys are the local reporters. :lol: of course they're going to say nice things and spin it, they want interviews from his fat ass.

yes, Big Ben is fat...but he still wins!!!

oh yeah, and the people who are ALWAYS the most critical of the Cowboys are the local reporters. :unsure: of course they're going to say nice things and spin it, they want interviews from his fat ass.

yes, Big Ben is fat...but he still wins!!!

Oh, please. Those are the recent news items on Romo. You're the only one spinning news on Romo and in a negative light. :overhead:

Nice try though.

not for nothing, but what is Romo going to say? Ofcourse he is going to deny those reports.

Also, me posting that had little to do with Romo's overall success and more to do with the defense Romo supporters were coming up with in regards to his US Open qualifying. Namely that as long as nothing on the football end was being sacrificed, let Romo do what he wants.

No spin needed. Ben Roethisburger is fat. According to people in this thread he is also very good and better than Romo. So maybe Romo is trying to get fat like Ben. :doublethumbsup:

Just kidding. Kinda.

I think Gepetto did my dirty work right above. :wall:

I didn't mean anything against you I just happen to remember you being one of the bigger Romo supporters, at least in the sense that we shouldn't care that he was trying to qualify.

I posted that mostly in jest. I understand that even if he hadn't been doing some heavy golf related stuff that he still could have reported to camp out of shape.

Oh, please. Those are the recent news items on Romo. You're the only one spinning news on Romo and in a negative light. :dunno:

For our intents and pusposes, the negative stories about Romo are all that we need to post. Not to be an a-hole, but once again the defense for Romo was that so long as nothing football related is affected by his choice to spend some time preparing for a major golf championship, then we should leave him alone.

These are reports that he is a bit out of shape. Obviously this begs the question, "was he spending enough time preparing for camp and the upcoming season? If not, what was he doing instead?"

not for nothing, but what is Romo going to say? Ofcourse he is going to deny those reports.

Also, me posting that had little to do with Romo's overall success and more to do with the defense Romo supporters were coming up with in regards to his US Open qualifying. Namely that as long as nothing on the football end was being sacrificed, let Romo do what he wants.

I didn't mean anything against you I just happen to remember you being one of the bigger Romo supporters, at least in the sense that we shouldn't care that he was trying to qualify.

I posted that mostly in jest. I understand that even if he hadn't been doing some heavy golf related stuff that he still could have reported to camp out of shape.

For our intents and pusposes, the negative stories about Romo are all that we need to post. Not to be an a-hole, but once again the defense for Romo was that so long as nothing football related is affected by his choice to spend some time preparing for a major golf championship, then we should leave him alone.

These are reports that he is a bit out of shape. Obviously this begs the question, "was he spending enough time preparing for camp and the upcoming season? If not, what was he doing instead?"

I'm kind of perplexed that now he's "suddenly seen the light" and is working out more?

He's not a rookie. He's been in the league for awhile now, not to mention being highly paid by the ballclub to produce.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he's talented. With that said, though, I really question his professionalism. Sure, he's available to the media, and sure, he seems to love the spotlight, and represents the team well in public.

Not being in the best shape you can be in, not studying game film and perfecting your craft like the elite guys at his position, and spending time trying to accomplish something in another sport? Not professional at all.

He's not Bo Jackson. He's not Deion Sanders. He's not Michael Jordan. Not nearly as talented, and certainly not nearly as hard working as those guys.

He has a limited window to play professional football, and a lifetime after he retires from the NFL to qualify for the US Open. Nuff said.

I'm kind of perplexed that now he's "suddenly seen the light" and is working out more?

He's not a rookie. He's been in the league for awhile now, not to mention being highly paid by the ballclub to produce.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he's talented. With that said, though, I really question his professionalism. Sure, he's available to the media, and sure, he seems to love the spotlight, and represents the team well in public.

Not being in the best shape you can be in, not studying game film and perfecting your craft like the elite guys at his position, and spending time trying to accomplish something in another sport? Not professional at all.

He's not Bo Jackson. He's not Deion Sanders. He's not Michael Jordan. Not nearly as talented, and certainly not nearly as hard working as those guys.

He has a limited window to play professional football, and a lifetime after he retires from the NFL to qualify for the US Open. Nuff said.

Nice post!

Link to any of that? Stop making up stuff.

umm all of that seemed to be ghosts opinion.

if you need a link to Romo's attempts to qualify for the US Open, head to the first post.

You want a link to my opinion?

The guy is not getting paid like a school teacher. He doesn't get spring and summer off (even though because of his play, he gets alot of the winter off).

He's a highly paid PROFESSIONAL athlete. He shouldn't be spending his off-time trying to qualify for the US Open. I don't buy into his b/s that he doesn't spend alot of time on the links. If you're looking to become a good golfer, you're playing alot of golf.

And now the guy is sort of admitting that he may need to be in better shape, because that may be the reason why he folds like a cheap table at the end of the season?

His weekend vacation didn't affect his poor performance in a playoff loss. Check.

Trying to qualify for the US Open every off-season doesn't get in the way of next season's preparation. Check.

He says he prepares physically and mentally in the off-season, but suddently it's become apparent he needs to work on his wind. Check.

Makes poor decisions in big games, but says it's not because of a lack of preparation. Check.

There just always seem to be a reason for his failure, yet none of the above seem to tie into it, according to himself and Cowboy fans.

How about this...

Maybe he's just not that good?

IMO, he's another Scott Mitchell. :cry:

You want a link to my opinion?

The guy is not getting paid like a school teacher. He doesn't get spring and summer off (even though because of his play, he gets alot of the winter off).

He's a highly paid PROFESSIONAL athlete. He shouldn't be spending his off-time trying to qualify for the US Open. I don't buy into his b/s that he doesn't spend alot of time on the links. If you're looking to become a good golfer, you're playing alot of golf.

And now the guy is sort of admitting that he may need to be in better shape, because that may be the reason why he folds like a cheap table at the end of the season?

His weekend vacation didn't affect his poor performance in a playoff loss. Check.

Trying to qualify for the US Open every off-season doesn't get in the way of next season's preparation. Check.

He says he prepares physically and mentally in the off-season, but suddently it's become apparent he needs to work on his wind. Check.

Makes poor decisions in big games, but says it's not because of a lack of preparation. Check.

There just always seem to be a reason for his failure, yet none of the above seem to tie into it, according to himself and Cowboy fans.

How about this...

Maybe he's just not that good?

IMO, he's another Scott Mitchell. :cry:

I was thinking Danny White.

Oh, please. Those are the recent news items on Romo. You're the only one spinning news on Romo and in a negative light. :cry:

ok, in reality, i posted a blurb about Romo from rotoworld, and the wording of it struck me as funny, particularly the faded down the stretch part. it was a veiled jab by the rotoworld writers that just happens to mesh with what a lot of us think. i didn't post anything for a LONG time in this thread and was surprised to see it keep reappearing at the top of the board. for all your whining and excuse making about Romo's schedule down the stretch. during the same period, the Steelers beat the Cowboys and went 2-1 in their other games...you can complain all you want. The Eagles went 3-1, the Chargers went 4-0, the Raven went 3-1, Carolina went 3-1...the similarity? The playoffs. These teams didn't choke under pressure or collapse when things got tight, they persevered.

So yes, I might throw a few barbs at Romo, because utterly dense homers like yourself are convinced he's the 2nd coming of Roger or Troy...and he isn't...and he isn't even as talented as he's been painted to be by the media in general. he may have a lot physical talent, but something isn't right between the ears because when the chips are down, he folds.

ok, in reality, i posted a blurb about Romo from rotoworld, and the wording of it struck me as funny, particularly the faded down the stretch part. it was a veiled jab by the rotoworld writers that just happens to mesh with what a lot of us think. i didn't post anything for a LONG time in this thread and was surprised to see it keep reappearing at the top of the board. for all your whining and excuse making about Romo's schedule down the stretch. during the same period, the Steelers beat the Cowboys and went 2-1 in their other games...you can complain all you want. The Eagles went 3-1, the Chargers went 4-0, the Raven went 3-1, Carolina went 3-1...the similarity? The playoffs. These teams didn't choke under pressure or collapse when things got tight, they persevered.

So yes, I might throw a few barbs at Romo, because utterly dense homers like yourself are convinced he's the 2nd coming of Roger or Troy...and he isn't...and he isn't even as talented as he's been painted to be by the media in general. he may have a lot physical talent, but something isn't right between the ears because when the chips are down, he folds.

You do realize this guy was a free agent who worked himself up into a starting role and then put up top 2 QB stats (2nd only to Tom Brady) in Brady's record season, won the division and the best record in the NFC at 13-3 and yet all of you losers say he's not working hard b/c he also tries to make the U.S. Open. :hate-filled-losers-you-are: I can't wait to the day to rub it in when Tony Romo leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory. Even if they do it this year I probably won't be around since this board gets more useless with each post.

You do realize this guy was a free agent who worked himself up into a starting role and then put up top 2 QB stats (2nd only to Tom Brady) in Brady's record season, won the division and the best record in the NFC at 13-3 and yet all of you losers say he's not working hard b/c he also tries to make the U.S. Open. :hate-filled-losers-you-are: I can't wait to the day to rub it in when Tony Romo leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory. Even if they do it this year I probably won't be around since this board gets more useless with each post.

in all fairness my posts in this thread have had little to do with Romo's playoff success and more to do with why the hell is he make a mockery of the US Open qualifying....

because its either 1 of two things.

1. he is spending too much time practicing golf and his football suffers

2. he isn't spending any time preparing for golf.... hence making a mockery of something alot of ametuers take very seriously.

like i said the fact that he is reportedly out of shape probably has nothing to do with the golf. Its probably just a lack of effort on his part. I just found it ironic that a report like that would come out when all the romo supporters were yelling to leave him alone so long as his football prep didn't suffer.

Kinda of the same way when everyone criticized Quincy Carter, with Dallas fans "just you wait and see". :o

A little irony . . . Peyton Manning puts up these stats, and he's a stat-hound that chokes in the playoffs.

Tony Romo does this, and he's the misunderstood QB, and just you all wait and see.

I don't get it. :o

You keep saying "when." There's merit in the "if" argument, and you brush it off as coming from haters.

Personally, with every post, I keep hearing the guy that excluded Dallas from the "most delusional fanbase" poll.

Kinda of the same way when everyone criticized Quincy Carter, with Dallas fans "just you wait and see". :o

:headbanger: at that comparison.

:thumbsup: at that comparison.

Yeah, :overhead: because Q was a 2nd rounder and the "future" of the Franchise, no, wait, or was that Drew Henson? I forget. You know the difference between Tom Brady and Tony Romo??? About 50 picks...oh, and 3 superbowls and numerous playoff victories. You can play the "undrafted free agent" angel all you want, but in the end, it's about winning. I'll go ahead and put the " * " next to your 2010 season, since it will be uncapped and your owner will likely buy a championship then...

:o

I'm still trying to figure out the 'hate' for Romo. Because that is what it is when you spin news items to fit your 'hate' and you jump at any chance to bash a guy. So why is it?

The guy seems like a nice enough person. He gives back to the community. He doesn't get into trouble. He is a pretty damn good QB.

We always hear people biotching about players like TO and Ochocinco because they bring attention on to themselves. We always hear people biotching about players like PacMan, Plax, and Matt Jones because they get into trouble doing stupid stuff. I get all that.

I just don't uderstand this 'hate' for Romo and why a thread like this is four pages. I don't understand why people care if he played golf for a bit to try and qualify for a tournament. I don't understand why they try to spin every single thing or news item into "Well he needs to be striving to get better" as if all star players in the NFL practice 24/7/365. I just don't get it. Call me crazy.

I'm still trying to figure out the 'hate' for Romo. Because that is what it is when you spin news items to fit your 'hate' and you jump at any chance to bash a guy. So why is it?

The guy seems like a nice enough person. He gives back to the community. He doesn't get into trouble. He is a pretty damn good QB.

We always hear people biotching about players like TO and Ochocinco because they bring attention on to themselves. We always hear people biotching about players like PacMan, Plax, and Matt Jones because they get into trouble doing stupid stuff. I get all that.

I just don't uderstand this 'hate' for Romo and why a thread like this is four pages. I don't understand why people care if he played golf for a bit to try and qualify for a tournament. I don't understand why they try to spin every single thing or news item into "Well he needs to be striving to get better" as if all star players in the NFL practice 24/7/365. I just don't get it. Call me crazy.

:huh:

I guess it comes across as hate to the Tony Romo fan club members like yourself.

Are there more questions around the perceived "hate" for Tony Romo, or the love-fest Cowboy fans have for a guy who's never won a playoff game for the team, who's folded like a cheap suit in the stretch over the past 3 years, who has decided that outside interests he want to pursue may trump the work ethic he has for his craft?

:headbanger:

you're crazy. :overhead:

just kidding. I know I personally don't care much about Tony Romo at all. Has he choked a few times? probably but most NFL QB's don't even win playoff games or superbowls. I am fully aware that Tony is scrutinized more than some others because of his team/owner and who he is dating.

I have no hatred for the man whatsoever.

That said, I do think it is extremely lame that he tries to qualify for the US Open if he isn't going to take it as seriously as is needed. Thats just the golfer in me talking most likely but if anyone watched this weeks event, you should know some of the stories attached to guys who had to qualify. Its their whole lives. If golf is a hobby for Tony, then stick to playing at your local club if you are not giving it your all.

Fortunately I didn't need to put any spin on the news that he may be slightly out of shape. Everyone claiming Tony could do what he wanted so long as it didnt affect his football prep did that for me. Ofcourse they all dodge that issue and try to make it about our blind hate of Tony Romo.

:mad:

In the end, the news of his conditioning was just a tidbit I found interesting.

:pointstosky:

Who are you referring to when you talk about hate for Romo? I see a lot of people in this topic arguing, rightly or wrongly, that based on his results on the golf course and the football field that it is possible that he does not prepare for things the way he should to have success. I see very little in personal attacks on Tony.

I sense more frustration with the Cowboy fans who seem to have a blind loyalty towards Tony and fail to acknowledge that he may have shortcomings. Would you agree or disagree with that opinion?

Who are you referring to when you talk about hate for Romo? I see a lot of people in this topic arguing, rightly or wrongly, that based on his results on the golf course and the football field that it is possible that he does not prepare for things the way he should to have success. I see very little in personal attacks on Tony.

I sense more frustration with the Cowboy fans who seem to have a blind loyalty towards Tony and fail to acknowledge that he may have shortcomings. Would you agree or disagree with that opinion?

Jeebus Christ people. The word hate was in quotations. Of course you don't 'hate' him as in you would hate some dude that slept with your girlfriend or your mother in law or something. Romo is a person you have never met. The word is in quotations to illustrate that said person 'hates' him in the context of sports.

For instance the statement: I hate the Yankees. I really don't hate them per se, but in the context of baseball the word is apropos.

So, when you constantly try to spin news stories like him playing golf into an uber-negative. Or you constantly rag on him as a player and his personal life, then in the context of football that is hate. I get why from Eagles fans due to the whole NFC east thing (plus they are miserable). But I don't understand it from everyone else for the reasons I stated. (Nice guy, doesn't get in trouble, team player, ect. ect.)

I can't believe I had to explain that. :thumbsdown:

Pretty sure nobody was confused :thumbsup:

Im pretty sure most understand that you meant hate in terms of sports.

I hate the Yankees, I hate Brett Favre, I hate Mike Vick (well him as a person as well :thumbsdown: ), I hate Bill bellicheat etc etc.

I don't hate Tony Romo.

Jeebus Christ people. The word hate was in quotations. Of course you don't 'hate' him as in you would hate some dude that slept with your girlfriend or your mother in law or something. Romo is a person you have never met. The word is in quotations to illustrate that said person 'hates' him in the context of sports.

For instance the statement: I hate the Yankees. I really don't hate them per se, but in the context of baseball the word is apropos.

So, when you constantly try to spin news stories like him playing golf into an uber-negative. Or you constantly rag on him as a player and his personal life, then in the context of football that is hate. I get why from Eagles fans due to the whole NFC east thing (plus they are miserable). But I don't understand it from everyone else for the reasons I stated. (Nice guy, doesn't get in trouble, team player, ect. ect.)

I can't believe I had to explain that. :thumbsdown:

People are just trying to explain to the Romo "lovers" that he is not a top 3 NFL QB like they think he is.

I can't believe I had to explain that. :rolleyes:

This is a message board. People argue about their opinions. I was trying to explain that I am just arguing my position and have nothing personnel against Tony Romo. I have not even been arguing against your main point which is that he is free to do whatever he wants in the offseason.

Geez, KSB, I can't believe I had to explain that.

I hated him because I had to hear about him constantly and see his stupid grinning face every time I wanted to watch something NFL-related. He has never won any big games, and racks up most his stats at the beginning of the year. That and he's the starting QB for my least favorite team in the NFL. I hated Aikman when he played too, but as a

I've softened a bit as it seems the media has been piling on him lately. I'm curious to see if scaling back on the circus-like atmosphere and cutting out a big fat locker room cancer helps him progress as a QB.

:(

:o THREAD OVER!!!!!

i take back the Ben/Dilfer comparison. i didnt really believe it anyway.

look, we know the Romo score. for now, he's the Cowboys present/future at QB. we know what he is capable of. thats why we stand behind him.

i stand by my belief that Romo gets too much of the blame for the Cowboys late season failures. but, short of a playoff win this season, it's another failure. Romo MIGHT get one more chance if that happens. otherwise some big changes may come. including coaching staff. we shall see.