Sign in to follow this  
BLS

You guys ready for a repeat of 1992 in LA?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009...udent-aid-.html

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is proposing to completely eliminate the state’s welfare program for families, medical insurance for low-income children and Cal Grants cash assistance to college and university students.

The proposals to sharply scale back the assistance that California provides to its neediest residents came in testimony by the administration this afternoon at a joint legislative budget committee hearing. It followed comments by the governor earlier today that he would be withdrawing a proposal to help balance the budget with billions of dollars of borrowing and replacing it with program reductions.

The proposals would completely reshape the state’s social service network, transforming California from one of the country’s most generous states to one of the most tightfisted. The proposals are intended to help close a budget deficit estimated at $21.3 billion.

—Eric Bailey

I predict mucho badness from this. Once the 1st of June hits, and all those folks ain't got checks.....it's all down hill from there.

That will never focking happen.

This happens every few years around here. The state runs out of money, and threatens to close all the parks, cut police services and school funding, and then lo and behold, the tax increase they propose slides right through.

Scare tactics.

That will never focking happen.

This happens every few years around here. The state runs out of money, and threatens to close all the parks, cut police services and school funding, and then lo and behold, the tax increase they propose slides right through.

Scare tactics.

Yes, I agree it's scare tactics. HOWEVER....California voters overwhelmingly just voted NO to ANY tax increases.

Plus, Geitner cannot allocate any money from the stimulus package to California other than 1 Billion. Any more than that must be approved by Congress, and there's a strong chance that ain't gonna happen.

Should be interesting. Guess I should cancel that planned vacation to Watts. :(

Should be interesting. Guess I should cancel that planned vacation to Watts. :(

Getting your crack??

Won't happen. Awnuld and the legislators always throw out the things people will freak out over. That's the tactic they used to try to get these initiatives passed. He actually said the other week that we wouldn't be fighting fires if the initiatives didn't pass. Like they're going to let CA burn down!!!! ROFLMAO. But the people have gotten wise. They cried chicken little one too many times. But they could easily fix the budget problems if they'd focus on the things that are killing the state - bloated pensions and salaries of their union workers, benefits to illegals, things like that. But the unions run the state so that stuff never gets mentioned.

For someone who hates Cailfornia so much (By the way, NOBODY living here calls it "Cali" anymore. That went out in the 80's), you certainly seem to be infatuated with it. Why not spend some time worrying about that Nirvanna of a state you reside in?

Thanks!

For someone who hates Cailfornia so much (By the way, NOBODY living here calls it "Cali" anymore. That went out in the 80's), you certainly seem to be infatuated with it. Why not spend some time worrying about that Nirvanna of a state you reside in?

Thanks!

What do we call in now? :unsure:

Also, BLS:

California voters overwhelmingly just voted NO to ANY tax increases.

Plus, Geitner cannot allocate any money from the stimulus package to California other than 1 Billion. Any more than that must be approved by Congress, and there's a strong chance that ain't gonna happen.

All were gonna do is legalize the maryjuanna. That will solve all of our problems :overhead:

:shocking:

iam worried about sux

:worriedbanana:

Why? There are only a couple negros in my area...I doubt they will riot. :shocking:

This time, I paint my face and participate :shocking:

I want a free 60" flatscreen too :overhead:

What do we call in now? :shocking:

Down here we either use NoCal or SoCal; depends on what part of the state you're talking about. Cali is used just by the rubes.

Down here we either use NoCal or SoCal; depends on what part of the state you're talking about. Cali is used just by the rubes.

What about Fresno?

I prefer NorCal over NoCal...Then again, I'm just a rube :shocking:

What about Fresno?

I call it "That god awful smelling place that I have to drive through when I'm going down to LA" .

What about Fresno?

Like anybody cares!

Just kidding. According to the general consensus here, anything from Bakersfield on up is NoCal. Doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is. Don't you live in O.C.? Ask around and see what the Orange Curtain people have to say.

I prefer NorCal over NoCal...Then again, I'm just a rube :shocking:

But NoCal and SoCal sound better. Plus it's a way for us to put you guys down a little more.

But NoCal and SoCal sound better. Plus it's a way for us to put you guys down a little more.

What more can you do to put us down?

You got the B1tches

You got the Sweet beaches

You got OUR WATER :shocking:

Then again, you also have most of the messicans...I guess it sorta evens out...sorta

FUCKHEAD[/size]' date='May 22 2009, 05:10 PM' post='3963580']

Thanks!

Wrong bored fuckface. Take it back to the number 8.

Oh my, yes, dooshnozzle, I'm SO infatuated with California. Get lost you fuckin pole-chuggin jerkoff.

Like anybody cares!

Just kidding. According to the general consensus here, anything from Bakersfield on up is NoCal. Doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is. Don't you live in O.C.? Ask around and see what the Orange Curtain people have to say.

:shocking:

No thats about right, anything between San Jose/Gilroy and the southern most tip of the grapevine people dont refer to region, but jsut use the actual city name.

What more can you do to put us down?

You got the B1tches

You got the Sweet beaches

You got OUR WATER :shocking:

Then again, you also have most of the messicans...I guess it sorta evens out...sorta

Very,very true!

Oh my, yes, dooshnozzle, I'm SO infatuated with California. Get lost you fuckin pole-chuggin jerkoff.

I think i'm getting hard :shocking:

Anger management issues much?

Certainly seemed to have touched a nerve. Guess you better go get drunk now (like you're not already).

The Messicans you can scoop up from Home Depot on any given day to plant up your backyard...$10 hour. Two hours and $80 later you have guac, tomatoes, lemons, tecate trees, weed and a photo of your backyard in Better homes and garden.

Feel free to take em anytime

The only thing I got out was my pecker from your mom's bagina before I blew my load. I wouldn't want another repeat of your existence.

The only thing I got out was my pecker from your mom's bagina before I blew my load. I wouldn't want another repeat of your existence.

Dad?

Thanks!

I won't speak for BLS, but it might have something to do with the fact that CALI and their insane policies are bringing the entire country down.

They should have never started giving ANYTHING to illegals in the first place. They have been encouraging illegals to say "Fock your laws, we will come here and you will give us everything for free so we can take money out of your economy and send it to Mexico's economy." It is pure insanity. Hell, these illegals are bold enough to march in our streets and demand even more.

It is beyond believability.

Why? There are only a couple negros in my area...I doubt they will riot. :doublethumbsup:

i was making a welfare joke. i guess u missed it.

o well,

i'll just pee in your garden

They should have never started giving ANYTHING to illegals in the first place. They have been encouraging illegals to say "Fock your laws, we will come here and you will give us everything for free so we can take money out of your economy and send it to Mexico's economy." It is pure insanity. Hell, these illegals are bold enough to march in our streets and demand even more.

It is beyond believability.

Yup. Just understand that just because we live here, doesnt mean were for it. It seems like a bunch of these focknuts want to lump us residents into one group. Not much different than how the entire country feels about government as a whole right now.

Yup. Just understand that just because we live here, doesnt mean were for it. It seems like a bunch of these focknuts want to lump us residents into one group. Not much different than how the entire country feels about government as a whole right now.

I do not blame all the people of Cali. Hell, every time the "People" make their voice heard in a ballot initiative, some D-bag judge overrides the people. :doublethumbsup: