Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Beanie Wells

He hasn't been talked about much this year but with Arizona's RBBC he has a chance to take over fulltime. With Defense's playing the pass first with Arizona, Beanie could find some running room to exploit as well as catch a few passes from the backfield. He may not start right away, but he could be a starter by week 3 or 4. Your thoughts?.......

He hasn't been talked about much this year but with Arizona's RBBC he has a chance to take over fulltime. With Defense's playing the pass first with Arizona, Beanie could find some running room to exploit as well as catch a few passes from the backfield. He may not start right away, but he could be a starter by week 3 or 4. Your thoughts?.......

I love Wells this season and beyond. He was the only offensive weapon in college and faced an entire defense all by himself. He has 4.4 speed and will be running out of 3 WR formations much of the time. He will be behind Hightower early, but should be able to overtake him by week 3 or so. Hightower has shown he is not a true starter. Wells could be Gold. I look for him to post around 1,100 yards rushing and possibly 10 TD's his rookie season. Great bye week fill-in or matchup play.

I love Wells this season and beyond. He was the only offensive weapon in college and faced an entire defense all by himself. He has 4.4 speed and will be running out of 3 WR formations much of the time. He will be behind Hightower early, but should be able to overtake him by week 3 or so. Hightower has shown he is not a true starter. Wells could be Gold. I look for him to post around 1,100 yards rushing and possibly 10 TD's his rookie season. Great bye week fill-in or matchup play.

I agree... I am going to laugh at the jackass who takes moreno first in both redraft and dynasty leagues... The only concern is injury history but I don't put too much stock in worrying about what could happen.

I expect: 12-1300 total yards and 7-10 tds good for a solid #2 or a low end #1

Not to many people talk about him and finding news on how he's doing in camp has been a task. Beanie success depends on Warner's health and his ability to hit his WR. A repeat of last year and BW will definitely rush over 1K. If Warner show's his age, it'll be a long season for the Cardinals and BW.

I agree... I am going to laugh at the jackass who takes moreno first in both redraft and dynasty leagues... The only concern is injury history but I don't put too much stock in worrying about what could happen.

My question to AZ homers is how often Warner lines up in the shotgun? Is Warner comfortable getting under center with his knees? I think that could have an influence Bennies success.

Not to many people talk about him and finding news on how he's doing in camp has been a task. Beanie success depends on Warner's health and his ability to hit his WR. A repeat of last year and BW will definitely rush over 1K. If Warner show's his age, it'll be a long season for the Cardinals and BW.

Thats because he hasnt been in camp. He missed all of OTAs becuase of OSU's dumb school schedule. A repeat of last year means the Cards wont run the ball so I don't see how you can say he is gauranteed over 1,000 yards. He will not begin preseason as the starter, heard it here first. Lets see- pass happy offense, 2nd on depth chart, injury history, comes from a pushover conference with a great o-line. I think I will pass.

I would take Moreno before Wells easily! Especially in keeper/dynasty formats and even more so in PPR leages. He is a complete back and has never had an injury history. He also played as an every-down back in the SEC. Moreno has a chance to be an every down back in a time when that is becoming extinct.

Cards coaches feel he is way behind on picking up the offense. He'll split carries and Hightower will be the goaline back. I expect about 700 yards and 3-4 TDs.

Moreno has a chance to be an every down back in a time when that is becoming extinct.

You have heard his new head coach came from New England and was drafted by the team that basically made the every down back extinct, haven't you?

Because Zona has had what... 2 1000 yard rushers in the last 25 years. I don't see Beanie or Hightower having 1000+ to be honest. Hightower was really affective in limited duty, he just can't carry the load. He's basically Marion Barber part 2. 6-0 225, good hands, not afraid of contact, etc. Look at what Marion Barber did when trying to carry the load... 3.7 YPC and missed 3 games. Beanie can't catch and is a liability protecting the QB. He'll definitely see some snaps, but I don't see either ending up a top 15 back.

I don't hate Beanie, but counting on the stars to align for the Cards again is a risky proposition. As great of a story as Warner has been he's on borrowed time. Who knows how the whole Boldin situation will pan out and they have far from a stellar o-line. The only thing you can count on in AZ is Larry Fitzgerald....though that is big.

As has been stated, Wells is well behind the learning curve. I think if there is a decent rusher to be had in the desert, it'll be Hightower. Beanie probably won't show anything until late in the season, if at all.

I would take Moreno before Wells easily! Especially in keeper/dynasty formats and even more so in PPR leages. He is a complete back and has never had an injury history. He also played as an every-down back in the SEC. Moreno has a chance to be an every down back in a time when that is becoming extinct.

really, is that why lamont '30 ###### years old' Jordan is taking first team reps? Denver is about to fail as like noone outside of matt millen could.. Fuick Noshawn Moreno.... fucik him.... SEC... wtf? who cares what conference he played in? Give me wells and 6 men in the box...

jdon

really, is that why lamont '30 ###### years old' Jordan is taking first team reps? Denver is about to fail as like noone outside of matt millen could.. Fuick Noshawn Moreno.... fucik him.... SEC... wtf? who cares what conference he played in? Give me wells and 6 men in the box...

jdon

haha, I dont see Denver screwing things up that bad do you? Bowlin is a good owner unlike Ford.

Hope that works out for you. I DO see your point, in theory I the situation Wells is stepping into, but Warner will not be there forever and he may even show his age this year. Arizona's pass happy system destroys RBs....ala Hightower and James. Add to this that Hightower and Wright will be the receivers out of the backfield....and now you see the risk. All rookies, Moreno and Wells included come with red flags.

Also, as far as Lamont being ahead of Moreno on the depth chart...big deal. It is still June. Wells id behind Hightower also, but I fully expect him to pass Hightower as I expect Moreno to pass Lamont & Buckhaulter. They are rookies and coaches make theme start on the bottom, even if it is only to keep egos in check.

Now, what I do not understand is the hostility that you express in your post. Chill dude. Did Moreno bang your girlfriend or what?

Cards coaches feel he is way behind on picking up the offense. He'll split carries and Hightower will be the goaline back. I expect about 700 yards and 3-4 TDs.

Well, considering they stated he WOULD be behind........ Not sure what you expected. His graduation date left him out of the OTA's, so naturally he will be behind at the start of camp. I watched Hightower lumber around the field last season though and anyone with a brain can see they didn't draft Wells in the first round to sit him on the bench. The Cardinals had many other needs, offensive line, Linebacker, Defensive Back........ They took Wells to use him as THE guy. He will overtake Hightower within a few games.

As for Moreno; I like him, but he is more of a plow the road type of guy. He is quick, but NOT fast. His 40 times were consistently in the 4.6's and he is playing for a coach that is proving to be in over his head. I loved Moreno in college, but think Wells is a better pick in the NFL, right now anyway.

Not to many people talk about him and finding news on how he's doing in camp has been a task.

He hasn't been able to attend OTAs because Ohio State's scheeol year didn't end until mid-June, that's why you haven't heard any news.

Thats because he hasnt been in camp. He missed all of OTAs becuase of OSU's dumb school schedule. A repeat of last year means the Cards wont run the ball so I don't see how you can say he is gauranteed over 1,000 yards. He will not begin preseason as the starter, heard it here first. Lets see- pass happy offense, 2nd on depth chart, injury history, comes from a pushover conference with a great o-line. I think I will pass.

Tim Hightower averaged 2.9 yards per carry last season and failed miserably (outside of one game against a terrible Rams' defense) after he replaced James as the starter - he was sent back to the bench for the playoffs.

He will not be 2nd on the depth chart once the season starts. At best Hightower gets GL/SY and 3rd down role - but at 230 lbs it isn't like Wells is an automatic pull at the goal line.

Tim Hightower averaged 2.9 yards per carry last season and failed miserably (outside of one game against a terrible Rams' defense) after he replaced James as the starter - he was sent back to the bench for the playoffs.

He will not be 2nd on the depth chart once the season starts. At best Hightower gets GL/SY and 3rd down role - but at 230 lbs it isn't like Wells is an automatic pull at the goal line.

I said preseason. Even if he does start, he is not this years Slaton (which I owned in most leagues).

Guys,

Wells will be considered the GL RB for Arizona this year, and Hightower is going to be the main RB on 1/2 of first downs and all of 2nd & 3rd downs.

Wells = 150/550/6TD a few rec's

Hightower = 280/1020/5TD 30+rec's

Moreno will be brought along slower than expected....he will get 8-12 touches per week.

Jordan will be the main RB in Denver if healthy....thats the kicker boys....Jordan will be the main RB because he is a veteran in McDaniels offence, new QB, his size, he can catch very good and can block very good!

Moreno will be the 3rd down back with some relief duties........a RB#5.......until.....when Jordan gets hurt at mid-season......Moreno will be getting 20+ touches a game....add in the fact that Orton has a dependancy to dump off to RB's

This makes for a great week 5-6 trade steal from someone.........plus they will be playing catch up in weeks 14@indy & 16@philly (both indoors)..........lots of rec's!

So....neither are worth their current ADP's......Moreno will be a steal in a trade!

Guys,

Wells will be considered the GL RB for Arizona this year, and Hightower is going to be the main RB on 1/2 of first downs and all of 2nd & 3rd downs.

Hightower = 280/1020/5TD 30+rec'sMoreno will be brought along slower than expected....he will get 8-12 touches per week.

Jordan will be the main RB in Denver if healthy....thats the kicker boys....Jordan will be the main RB because he is a veteran in McDaniels offence, new QB, his size, he can catch very good and can block very good!

Moreno will be the 3rd down back with some relief duties........a RB#5.......until.....when Jordan gets hurt at mid-season......Moreno will be getting 20+ touches a game....add in the fact that Orton has a dependancy to dump off to RB's

This makes for a great week 5-6 trade steal from someone.........plus they will be playing catch up in weeks 14@indy & 16@philly (both indoors)..........lots of rec's!

So....neither are worth their current ADP's......Moreno will be a steal in a trade!

You are nuts. Plain and simple. Hightower runs a 40 slower than many retired people in Florida can drive it. I once saw him play a game and he stutter-stepped so many times behind the line that the opposing Linebacker didn't know whether to tackle him or break into a square dance.

Hightower was pathetic last season. His game against the Rams was the ONLY decent game he had and my hometown Lambs had half the defense not playing. Take away that game and what do you have? A 5th round pick with very little talent, no speed, incredibly slow to the hole, and no football instincts. You think this guy will beat out the guy they just drafted in Round One?! Good grief Charlie Brown. Hightower has as much of a chance reaching 1,000 yards as Charlie Brown does of finally getting to kick the football. None.

Guys,

You truly are a moron. You are basing this statement off of ONE season in Turner's offensive scheme?! Orton DID NOT dump the ball off to RB's in college. You cannot say a QB has a tendency to do anything if he's only done it ONE season and only because it was required of him by his Offensive Coordinator. VERY lame post. :dunno:

Guys,

Hightower = 280/1020/5TD 30+rec's

Moreno will be brought along slower than expected....he will get 8-12 touches per week.

No, he was right, you are nuts. While I agree Wells will not be dominant, I sorely disagree on your projection for Hightower. So you are going to draft Timmy in the 5th round them? That is about where he would go with them #'s. I MAY...MAY take a flier in round 14 or so.

Also, Jordan will have a role, but not that big a role. You forget his age and injury history. I see his role similar to that of last year's in NE...no more. Actally, I see Buckhaulter as having much more a role that Lamont. In sum, until injuries and/or someone separates himself from the pack, I see a big ole ugly RBBC. McDaniels is from the NE system of RB's. One thing Moreno has in his favor, is if all things are equal, he will het the carries and PT, since Broncos ownership can justify taking an RB when they had so many pressing needs on D.

From Cara:

"You are nuts. Plain and simple. Hightower runs a 40 slower than many retired people in Florida can drive it."

This comparison does not work. Old people might go 35mph in a 55mph zone, which is still faster than any RB in the NFL. Did you mean "drive it" as in a golf ball? That still would be faster than any NFL RB, unless the retired people were using nerf clubs. I would have dropped the "can drive it." :dunno:

"I once saw him play a game and he stutter-stepped so many times behind the line that the opposing Linebacker didn't know whether to tackle him or break into a square dance."

This is funny.

:wall:

jdon

Stand down...........you're drunk.

Because Zona has had what... 2 1000 yard rushers in the last 25 years. I don't see Beanie or Hightower having 1000+ to be honest. Hightower was really affective in limited duty, he just can't carry the load. He's basically Marion Barber part 2. 6-0 225, good hands, not afraid of contact, etc. Look at what Marion Barber did when trying to carry the load... 3.7 YPC and missed 3 games. Beanie can't catch and is a liability protecting the QB. He'll definitely see some snaps, but I don't see either ending up a top 15 back.

Exactly. It is funny to see so much Beanie love. I'm not a Beanie hater, but what about the Zona offense has people excited about him this year? It is still the Fitz, Boldin, and Warner show. Long term who knows. But this coming year, it makes no real sense to say he will be a 1000/8-10 guy. The guy has limited potential right now in an offense that won't pound him 20 plus times a game.

jdon

Chill Out...

JDon :D

Cardinals averaged 21 rush attempts per game last year. Who really cares about any Ari RB? You are better off with a RB2 on another team (J Stew, Lendale, Reggie Bush etc).

Well, considering they stated he WOULD be behind........ Not sure what you expected. His graduation date left him out of the OTA's, so naturally he will be behind at the start of camp. I watched Hightower lumber around the field last season though and anyone with a brain can see they didn't draft Wells in the first round to sit him on the bench. The Cardinals had many other needs, offensive line, Linebacker, Defensive Back........ They took Wells to use him as THE guy. He will overtake Hightower within a few games.

As for Moreno; I like him, but he is more of a plow the road type of guy. He is quick, but NOT fast. His 40 times were consistently in the 4.6's and he is playing for a coach that is proving to be in over his head. I loved Moreno in college, but think Wells is a better pick in the NFL, right now anyway.

Way behind as in more behind than they expected. I like him but I don't think he will get significant carries until later in the season. I do agree that Hightower is pretty bad but I still think he is going to be the GL back.

Way behind as in more behind than they expected. I like him but I don't think he will get significant carries until later in the season. I do agree that Hightower is pretty bad but I still think he is going to be the GL back.

I guess I don't understand why anyone thinks Hightower will steal GL carries from Wells....... Wells is a BIG man. If you haven't seen him, he's not some scatback. He is faster, just as big, and a much better runner than Timmy H.

Those that think Arizona won't run this season will be surprised. They couldn't run last season..... Edge looked like ###### until the playoffs and Hightower averaged fewer YPC than a fat man racing to get the last donut at QT. Wells will be the best RB they've ever had in the Desert. Well, Thomas Jones was pretty darn good, they just had an ignorant coach that didn't know how to use him........

I guess I don't understand why anyone thinks Hightower will steal GL carries from Wells....... Wells is a BIG man. If you haven't seen him, he's not some scatback. He is faster, just as big, and a much better runner than Timmy H.

Those that think Arizona won't run this season will be surprised. They couldn't run last season..... Edge looked like ###### until the playoffs and Hightower averaged fewer YPC than a fat man racing to get the last donut at QT. Wells will be the best RB they've ever had in the Desert. Well, Thomas Jones was pretty darn good, they just had an ignorant coach that didn't know how to use him........

Wasn't Wells injured a lot in college? I know he missed time in 08, but I could care less about Ohio State and haven't followed his career.

That would be a good reason to spell him on the goaline.

Garrison Hearst was another talented back who had success once he left the franchise. Emmitt didn't have too bad of a final season either.

I do agree they will run more this year. They were only successful in the playoffs because they were actually running effectively. Their D is still terrible though and I think Warner will still light it up this year.

I just dont see it.

#1, They dont run the ball enough and Wells will likely be in a committee situation.

#2, Arz is not very good on the road. He might not be startable in those games

#3, He is a rook and likely wont be in on obvious pasing situations where protection is needed.

Then again, What do I know?

I doubt he will, but I actually hope he falls to me at 1.05. I would rather have him than McCoy or Crabtree. Obviously, I would prefer to have D.Brown but he will go 1 or 2.

As far as the Cards not running the ball, everything in the NFL changes. As easily as Warner lights it up again this year, he could also show his age. I think the coaches know they have to take pressure off of Warner. I have already seen reports that the Cards want a more balance attack this year. Long-term, when Warner is gone, are they still going to be the high octane passing team? Who knows. We draft rookies in a dynasty leagues for the long-term, not necessarily what he will produce for you in his rookie year. I would never, ever draft a rookie and think I can rely on him to be a starter for me. Much as in real life he starts off at the end of the depth chart until he proves himself. Truth be told, would you really be surprised to see Wells have a better career than Moreno, Brown, etc?

As far as OSU RBs go, I just hope he turns more into an Eddie George than a Maurice Clarrett.