Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Do you find yourself drafting the same players from year to year

Is there one or two players you draft every year? A late round picks that worked out well enough last year that you take him again just because he's there or you know what to expect?

Derrick Mason has been my security blanket for the past 6 years.

I had a 5 year run with Warrick Dunn. Starting his 2nd season time with the Bucs and a few years as a dirty byrd.

And I dont have a clue to how many years I had John Hall as my kicker.

starting with Fred Taylor's rookie year, I had him 3 or 4 years in a row.. I was a glutton for punishment.

I always seem to have Clinton Portis on my team. Aside from being the workhorse in my keeper league, I always seem to end up with Portis in re-drafts too.

He has lost a little of his fantasy luster but I am very comfortable with him for at least two more seasons.

starting with Fred Taylor's rookie year, I had him 3 or 4 years in a row.. I was a glutton for punishment.

It seems I've had Fred Taylor every year for who knows how long myself. It was to the point we get to the mid rounds and my buddy would say "here comes, here it comes" up until I finally picked him. :shocking:

It's kind of natural. You spend that much time analyzing a player's output the year he's on your team, and you suddenly know that much more about him than you do similarly valued players. And if you end up with him a second year in a row...look out, the love affair is on. Braylon and I are staying divorced, though.

I do and I consistantly do pretty well. What blows my mind is alot of the guys in my leagues draft the same guys and they consistantly do bad?!

If they produce......yes. I tend to blacklist the ones who screw me over.

WORD :dunno:

I seem to have Derrick Mason every year as well :wacko:

Also had John Carney for I don't even know how many years.

For a while it was Jon Kitna and Charlie Batch and I'm not sure why.

For me, it's been Brian Westbrook on my squad for 4 of the last 5 years. He always puts up great numbers, but sometimes I swear his middle name is either "Questionable" or "Game-time decision".

I've got the 6th pick in this year's 12-team snake redraft, and B-West will likely be on the board once again (assuming All Day, MJD, Michael Turner, Matt Forte and LT are gone. Don't know if I can pull the trigger on him this time though; perhaps I take DeAngelo or Steven Jackson this time.

WORD :wave:

I seem to have Derrick Mason every year as well :nono:

Also had John Carney for I don't even know how many years.

John Kasay for me. He even lost me a Championship one year, when he went down on a blown kickoff coverage trying to tackle someone. Waivers shut down that week and I wasn't able to replace him. I had no kicker for the Championship, and lost by 1 point..............1 yard to be exact. It sucked.

Dallas Clark and Derrick Mason. I traded for Clark last year, thats how bad my man crush is for him. I don't know why but I just love him on my team and seem to play him in the correct weeks.

Dallas Clark and Derrick Mason. I traded for Clark last year, thats how bad my man crush is for him. I don't know why but I just love him on my team and seem to play him in the correct weeks.

Playing him on the proper weeks ought to be easy. Unless you had Gonzo, Gates, and Witten, he better have been playing all of the time.

Playing him on the proper weeks ought to be easy. Unless you had Gonzo, Gates, and Witten, he better have been playing all of the time.

3 Starting recievers rule. I had Ward, Boldin and Berrian on my roster last year had to use Clark in matchup situations

I also had Mason for a few yrs.Had Keyshawn a few yrs too.

Reciever's(2nd or 3rd starter) seem easier to get year in and out without having to pick higher than their value.

I've had Larry Fitzgerald the last 3 seasons. If I have a late 1st round pick this year, it might be 4 years.

I've had Randy Moss about 6 of the last 11 years.

I've had Favre 4 or 5 different seasons.

LenDale has been on my last two teams.