Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Nasdaq enjoys 12th straight advance.

The Nasdaq composite index rose 47.22, or 2.5 percent, to 1,973.60, its 12th straight advance. The Nasdaq hasn't had a rally that long since a streak that ended Jan. 8, 1992.

Sumunabitch! No one had any idea that Obama would be doing so great, so soon.

This guy continues to impress!

The Nasdaq composite index rose 47.22, or 2.5 percent, to 1,973.60, its 12th straight advance. The Nasdaq hasn't had a rally that long since a streak that ended Jan. 8, 1992.

WOW...Thats focking awesome Newbs :nono:

Now go get a job.

WOW...Thats focking awesome Newbs :nono:

Now go get a job.

If this is any indication, I'll have my pick of hundreds of a jobs in a few months.

Thanks again, Obameister! :dunno:

If this is any indication, I'll have my pick of hundreds of thousands of jobs in a few months.

Thanks again, Obameister! :nono:

Damn straight you will. With all the layoffs that are currently happening thanks to Mr. Obama, there will be tons of openings out there.

Go get em, tiger :dunno:

Damn straight you will. With all the layoffs that are currently happening thanks to Mr. Obama, there will be tons of openings out there.

Go get em, tiger :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Says the kitten-lover. :wave:

I do :wub: all of my furry frineds..You got me there <_<

it was due to go up regardless of who was in office...

O is actually keeping it from going up more....he still has people scared...

last night didnt help..

last night didnt help..

The phone call to Mark Buerhle that powerful??

Had a person come into my office today. Hadn't worked in a year. I asked what have you been doing since you left your last position. "Not much, been on unemployment"

see ya :lol:

Had a person come into my basement today. Hadn't worked in a year. I asked what have you been doing since you left your last position. "Not much, been on unemployment"

FIXED

Had a person come into my office today. Hadn't worked in a year. I asked what have you been doing since you left your last position. "Not much, been on unemployment"

kpbuckeyes office

Data published in Monday's Wall Street Journal shows that among the 10 biggest days in Wall Street history, eight took place within the first four years of the Great Depression. Another occurred on Oct. 21, 1987, shortly after the largest single-day decline in the history of the stock market, the 22 percent fall that took place on Oct. 19, 1987, so-called "Black Monday."

Newbie, I know you're just fishing...but I figured in case anybody else wanted to know.

Data published in Monday's Wall Street Journal shows that among the 10 biggest days in Wall Street history, eight took place within the first four years of the Great Depression. Another occurred on Oct. 21, 1987, shortly after the largest single-day decline in the history of the stock market, the 22 percent fall that took place on Oct. 19, 1987, so-called "Black Monday."

Newbie, I know you're just fishing...but I figured in case anybody else wanted to know.

Totally irrelevant. No one's claiming that yesterday was one of the 'biggest days in Wall Street history". Just saying that this is currently the longest rally in 17 years.

We can certainly agree that Nasdaq going up is better than Nasdaq going down, right? :dunno: You are that knowledgable, at least.

I think his point was that the market always goes up big at some point following a huge decline regardless of who's president. I'm giving Obama credit on this one though.

last night didnt help..

I can see it coming, The NASDAQ composite index rising, Unemployment is slowed and the job market is improving and it all would have happened regardless of who was in office. :doublethumbsup: Classic

1. It already came. You quoted the post, so you can't take credit for a prediction

2. The NASDAQ is only an indicator of tech stocks

3. Saying that unemplyment is slowing and the job market is improving is redundant

4. Putting "Classic" next to something doesn't make it more funny

You are making us real Obama lovers on the board look bad with your sh¡tty posting.

Totally irrelevant. No one's claiming that yesterday was one of the 'biggest days in Wall Street history". Just saying that this is currently the longest rally in 17 years.

We can certainly agree that Nasdaq going up is better than Nasdaq going down, right? :doublethumbsup: You are that knowledgable, at least.

Classical underthinking.

No, I don't agree that the the Stock Market going up is a good thing necessarily.

Granted, I understand where you're coming from, and on the surface, OF COURSE, it appears to be a good thing.

And if it turns out to be a long term recovery, then YES, it is a good thing.

But there can be much more to it. The Stock Market is just an indicator of what the financial sector thinks of companies and their profit POTENTIAL.

Most of it is simply speculation.

But there is a caveat you must take into consideration. Markets; take oil in 05-07 for example, CAN be manipulated SIMPLY by buying and selling it.

True markets say supply and demand dictate prices, but not on Wall Street. No, simply because someone can buy and sell oil futures, the price of gas at the pump can effect you daily. This is an example of when the market goes up, it's NOT good for the economy. I think you see where I'm going with this.

The reality is Goldman Sachs has been accounted for up to 43% of ALL of the trading on the market in the past few months. They are profiting at almost $100,000,000 a DAY Newbie. A day.

This heavy trading pushes markets up, and when you couple that with a few major companies that are reporting higher profits than they were forecasting, you get a very good push, ESPECIALLY in a recession because EVERYONE is looking for some Good news. Hence the reason the markets were so volatile during the GD.

So while I agree on the surface if the Markets go up, yes, that's a good thing. However, IT DOES MATTER why they are going up.

Trust me on this, I read more on the economy daily than most humans do (aside from traders, etc). There is VERY little good news out there in the private sector. Most of what is good news is simply fudged books, although not ENTIRELY the case.

I wouldn't hang my hat on a recovery right now. That's all my saying.

1. It already came. You quoted the post, so you can't take credit for a prediction

2. The NASDAQ is only an indicator of tech stocks

3. Saying that unemplyment is slowing and the job market is improving is redundant

4. Putting "Classic" next to something doesn't make it more funny

You are making us real Obama lovers on the board look bad with your sh¡tty posting.

"Real Obama lovers" :doublethumbsup: What makes you think I wanted to take credit for a prediction? What makes you think classic was meant to be funny? Yes, The NASDAQ is only an indicator of tech stocks. Did I say it wasn't? I'll give you the redundancy thing. Chill out real Obama lover.

Classical underthinking.

No, I don't agree that the the Stock Market going up is a good thing necessarily.

Granted, I understand where you're coming from, and on the surface, OF COURSE, it appears to be a good thing.

And if it turns out to be a long term recovery, then YES, it is a good thing.

But there can be much more to it. The Stock Market is just an indicator of what the financial sector thinks of companies and their profit POTENTIAL.

Most of it is simply speculation.

But there is a caveat you must take into consideration. Markets; take oil in 05-07 for example, CAN be manipulated SIMPLY by buying and selling it.

True markets say supply and demand dictate prices, but not on Wall Street. No, simply because someone can buy and sell oil futures, the price of gas at the pump can effect you daily. This is an example of when the market goes up, it's NOT good for the economy. I think you see where I'm going with this.

The reality is Goldman Sachs has been accounted for up to 43% of ALL of the trading on the market in the past few months. They are profiting at almost $100,000,000 a DAY Newbie. A day.

This heavy trading pushes markets up, and when you couple that with a few major companies that are reporting higher profits than they were forecasting, you get a very good push, ESPECIALLY in a recession because EVERYONE is looking for some Good news. Hence the reason the markets were so volatile during the GD.

So while I agree on the surface if the Markets go up, yes, that's a good thing. However, IT DOES MATTER why they are going up.

Trust me on this, I read more on the economy daily than most humans do (aside from traders, etc). There is VERY little good news out there in the private sector. Most of what is good news is simply fudged books, although not ENTIRELY the case.

I wouldn't hang my hat on a recovery right now. That's all my saying.

Why waste the time explaining it to him?

Newbs doesn't know the difference between the stock market and a stock car....Nasdaq and Nascar are the same to him.

Goldman really makes me ill. They've taken insurance $$ from taxpayers, without which they'd no longer exist, and paid out bonuses with it. They manipulated the oil market tremendously. And it'll be interesting to watch what they do with cap-and-trade. I called them a couple weeks ago to get some information, and they are claiming that they're only going to allow "institutional investors" to buy these cap-and-trade credits. Just watch what happens to the cost of these things once Goldman gets their grimy mitts on them.

last night didnt help..

Is that the new talking point just issued by the Retardlicans?

Why do you hate America?

:doublethumbsup:

last night didnt help..

Great point.

It's kinda like "saved jobs"......no way to measure it but we know it is happening. :ninja:

Why waste the time explaining it to him?

Newbs doesn't know the difference between the stock market and a stock car....Nasdaq and Nascar are the same to him.

Dude. You're better than this.

Dude. You're better than this.

Not really...I actually though that I made a funny for a change :unsure:

This guy continues to depress. :thumbsdown:

NASDAQ 1,978.5 -5.80 (-0.29%)

This guy continues to depress. :unsure:

NASDAQ 1,978.5 -5.80 (-0.29%)

Up from the number you posted on 7/25. :bandana:

Guy is kicking major ass!! :thumbsdown:

but even when its up or down..its not as if all stocks are....

siriusxm and bank of america continue to soar :doublethumbsup:

ok, not soar..but go up gradually..ill take it

NASDAQ 1,973.16

NASDAQ 1,992.24

+1.00% :thumbsdown: :doublethumbsup: