Sign in to follow this  
Dallas_Empire

Anger and resentment from the past that knocks stud guys down in the drafts

Just for comparisons sake and since you are attempting to stand behind a comment that you should have just acknowledged as being hyperbole (Sproles outproduced LT last season), look at these two stat lines:

95-489-4 rushing and 36-338-2 receiving vs. 376-1699-17 rushing and 6-41-0 receiving...

The first guy averaged MORE YARDS PER CARRY!!!! He also averaged MORE YARDS PER CATCH!!! He also scored Tds on a greater PER TOUCH BASIS!!! So, I ask you, did the first guy OUTPRODUCE the second guy? Or, does this all go back to the fact that you were trying to justify a statement that should have been worded differently ("outproduced" means stats...you can't say outproduce and then say it's not about stats)--I am guessing there's no way you are going to argue that Jerious Norwood "outproduced" Michael Turner....

And, as further proof that you are over-stating Sproles' role last season, Jerious Freaking Norwood had 41 touches more than he did spelling Michael Turner, who, unlike LT, was not injured last season...

I'm sorry you were so blatant to assume that "outproduce" couldn't mean, "outproduced in the time given", or "was the more effective back" - My apologies, I forgot everyone takes everything so literally just to start an argument...

But Sproles came in, and tore apart defenses, while LT looked more like Jamal Lewis and his "tip-toe and fall over" running style. Sure some of it was the toe injury, but guess what...injuries are more likely to come about the older you get. He was also hurt for the playoffs 2 seasons ago. And even if he does have a year or two left at the elite level, Sproles has played well enough to demand 10 touches a game, especially making ~$10 million after the Chargers COULD HAVE let him go...

I'm sorry you were so blatant to assume that "outproduce" couldn't mean, "outproduced in the time given", or "was the more effective back" - My apologies, I forgot everyone takes everything so literally just to start an argument...

But Sproles came in, and tore apart defenses, while LT looked more like Jamal Lewis and his "tip-toe and fall over" running style. Sure some of it was the toe injury, but guess what...injuries are more likely to come about the older you get. He was also hurt for the playoffs 2 seasons ago. And even if he does have a year or two left at the elite level, Sproles has played well enough to demand 10 touches a game, especially making ~$10 million after the Chargers COULD HAVE let him go...

It's a message bored, how else are we suppose to take it? Say what you mean and mean what you say. This is a very weak back pedal because you were owned.

I'm sorry you were so blatant to assume that "outproduce" couldn't mean, "outproduced in the time given", or "was the more effective back" -then some other stuff....ending with you saying that Sproles is so totally awesome that he has earned TEN touches a game...

I do not think you understand the word blatant. And ten touches over 16 games is 160 touches, just a few more than Jerious Norwood had last season...but, yeah, LT definitely should be hearing the footsteps based on your projection....

The three players that I think are the most underrated based on last season are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Ladanian Tomlinson.

It's well known that I'm a Patriots homer and Chargers hater so it's not about my man crush on Tom Brady. I can't believe that there is a train of thought out there to draft Brees before Brady. I MIGHT understand going after Peyton before Brady simply because he's Peyton freaking Manning, but I can't see any justification for drafting Brees over Brady. The upside for Brady and Manning over Brees upside is huge. Brees had his career year last year. He's not going to throw for 40 or 45 this year. Based on the fact that Brady has all of the same weapons that he had when he threw 50 TD's which is the year that his statistics spiked I can't imagine him throwing for less than 40 and I can easily see 42-45 TD's. There is no reason to think that Brady will throw 20 less TD's than he did during the record season. I just don't see it and I think the QB rankings should go Brady, Manning, Brees

Regarding LT2 he's a crybaby but he can run the hell out of the ball and he's one of the greatest scorers of all time. All reports out of SD are he's in sick shape, training harder than ever and fired up that Merriman will be back and the Defense will be better. The D will put the O in better position to run the ball and help with the field position battle that they struggled with so much last year. Plus LT is completely healthy and hungry. I'm not counting him out and I can't believe people are drafting GORE before LT. I see RB's as Adrian Peterson, Turner, LT. The guy's going to have 1800 combined and 18-20 TD's. Go draft Steve Slaton and Frank Gore. I'll take a chance on LT.

Of course I'm the guy that drafted Brady #3 overall last year and thought Larry Johnson was going to be my stud sleeper last year.

justification for brees: 14k yds in 3 yrs + proven to have ZERO consequences of his only injury 3 yrs ago [shoulder surgery] :thumbsdown:

brady: cannot imagine less than 40TDs passing? manning threw 22[?] fewer his post-record season. it is naive to think anything [rehab, practice, OTA, training camp, preseason] but real, live game play can simulate the feelings and situations required for brady to test his repaired knee in a passing pocket amidst 4 guys trying to get to him. this guy's best attributes are his pocket presence and willingness to stand tall amidst rush to deliver the pass at the last possible instance. there is no way of knowing until actual reg season conditions how those two traits have been affected. i beat this to death, but here it is again: palmer is physically more gifted a pure passer than brady, and he was off, taking hits, fumbling, and getting sacked his first half season before picking up the pace his second half and finishing with 4000/28. dr james andrews,md has rarely/never[?] been wrong in his assessments of recovery of these athletes in football, esp the qb position. he has been noted to hold firm to his claim that it takes 4-8 weeks of real action to fully regain confidence in health. :unsure:

to "imagine no less than 40TDs" and "easily see" that high a number without seeing the other side of possibilities is being narrow scoped. :shocking:

I would argue the chargers resigned Sproles to $10 mill just for insurance....not because they are dead set on getting him touches.

Again....what would be the point of saving LT? Hes in what is basically a contract year for him.....i dont see him getting resigned after this year. THey will pound him the ball.....then next year.. who knows.

I dont see Sproles being an every down back......too small....

LT is still going top 8 in almost all drafts. He is not the #1 lock he has been in years past but come on you can't freak over him slipping behind guys in their prime like ADP, MJD, Forte and others.

lets stay on track. keep my thread on topic. We are talking about value guys who have slipped due to a bad taste they left in the mouth of owners last year. These guys are studs who just had a bad year. Name the value guys here.

lets stay on track. keep my thread on topic. We are talking about value guys who have slipped due to a bad taste they left in the mouth of owners last year. These guys are studs who just had a bad year. Name the value guys here.

Steve McNair.......too soon?

ok ill leave now. :overhead: :dunno:

MJD is a guy that previous owners never want to touch. His end of the year #s have always been solid, but fickle owners would tend to bench him after a dud and lose out on his monster weeks. This year is a different story I suppose, since they got rid of Taylor... but I bet deep down there's a few guys in my league who still want nothing to do with him.

Romo is a guy I never want on my team again. I had an important game won last year but then he went and chucked up 3 interceptions..he's a fraud. :dunno:

MJD is a guy that previous owners never want to touch. His end of the year #s have always been solid, but fickle owners would tend to bench him after a dud and lose out on his monster weeks. This year is a different story I suppose, since they got rid of Taylor... but I bet deep down there's a few guys in my league who still want nothing to do with him.

Romo is a guy I never want on my team again. I had an important game won last year but then he went and chucked up 3 interceptions..he's a fraud. :pointstosky:

Every time I have had romo on a team he has been quite solid. I had him the year he had 40 total TDs and 4k yards. Boy won me some games.

I would not worry bout romo this year. He has plenty of weapons in williams, crayton, austin, witten, bennett and three stud Rbs to throw to as well.

as for mjd, i know full well the anger he has caused. he would do nothing for 2 weeks and then when you benched him he goes off for 150 total yards and 3 tds.

It's a message bored, how else are we suppose to take it? Say what you mean and mean what you say. This is a very weak back pedal because you were owned.

I also figured people on here had enough common sense to understand a loosely-worded statement. :thumbsup:

I do not think you understand the word blatant. And ten touches over 16 games is 160 touches, just a few more than Jerious Norwood had last season...but, yeah, LT definitely should be hearing the footsteps based on your projection....

Blatant -

1.brazenly obvious; flagrant: a blatant error in simple addition; a blatant lie. 2.offensively noisy or loud; clamorous: blatant radios. 3.tastelessly conspicuous: the blatant colors of the dress.

he was flagrant, offensive, and couldn't 'add up' what I was saying.......you're really gonna argue definitions on a fantasy football board?? Cool

Anyways, who started comparing Sproles to Norwood? The Falcons ran the ball a ton last year, something the Chargers likely won't do with Rivers, Gates, V. Jackson and Chambers. All I'm saying about Sproles is that he's proven his talent, and just earned a franchise tag from his team. LT isn't going to be a top10 RB if Sproles gets 150+ touches this year

Hey Pimptaddy, Don't all Cowboys fans live in trailer parks?

For the slow I'm making reference to the cute little quote/whatever he has under his handle

I also figured people on here had enough common sense to understand a loosely-worded statement. :unsure:

Good, blame others for your poor communication skills.

Wrs who have fallen in drafts that will be studs this year.

Roy Williams

Chad Ocho Cinci

Chris Chambers

Miles Austin

TJ Housh

These guys either got hurt or were in bad teams last year. They can be had cheap and you can load up on them in later rounds

Wrs who have fallen in drafts that will be studs this year.

Roy Williams

Chad Ocho Cinci

Chris Chambers

Miles Austin

TJ Housh

These guys either got hurt or were in bad teams last year. They can be had cheap and you can load up on them in later rounds

Um, Roy Williams was on the Cowboys last year, so you're right on that one. Austin is a never was, never will be. Chambers hurt an ankle in week 5 then freakin disappeared, he's not even the #1 WR on his team anymore. Housh will rebound and OchoCinco will rebound as long as he doesn't get himself suspended for twittering on the sidelines. But hey, 2 out of 5 ain't bad there Meatloaf.

I agree with the premise, but one guy who I DON'T think is overrated is Brees. He's going to cost top dollar in auction leagues, but I think he will earn it.

Good, blame others for your poor communication skills.

Why do you have so much hatred??? Relax a little bit instead of trying to teach grammar lessons on a fantasy football forum.

People UNDERSTAND what someone is saying or trying to say, yet because they don't word it perfectly, threads are ruined because we hafta bicker about the meaning of a stupid word. Sure I'll take the blame for this one, but no1 in their right mind woulda argued that Sproles eclipsed more yards or TDs than LT. :unsure:

Um, Roy Williams was on the Cowboys last year, so you're right on that one. Austin is a never was, never will be. Chambers hurt an ankle in week 5 then freakin disappeared, he's not even the #1 WR on his team anymore. Housh will rebound and OchoCinco will rebound as long as he doesn't get himself suspended for twittering on the sidelines. But hey, 2 out of 5 ain't bad there Meatloaf.

The hate within you is great. release it! Forgive me. I know you are just a dallas hater. Admit romo, and williams will be a good combo this season. Its ok.

The hate within you is great. release it! Forgive me. I know you are just a dallas hater. Admit romo, and williams will be a good combo this season. Its ok.

Hate is a word I don't like to use. I don't hate you. I pity you for your utter lack of knowledge and loathe the fact that your blatant homerism clouds your judgement. But overall, I like guys like you for a couple reasons...

First, guys like you that think they know everything have a way of making those of us who really do look really good.

Second, guys like you are why I consistently win leagues.

:overhead:

Hate is a word I don't like to use. I don't hate you. I pity you for your utter lack of knowledge and loathe the fact that your blatant homerism clouds your judgement. But overall, I like guys like you for a couple reasons...

First, guys like you that think they know everything have a way of making those of us who really do look really good.

Second, guys like you are why I consistently win leagues.

:thumbsup:

No, guys like you are why I win leagues.

No, guys like you are why I win leagues.

Whoa :thumbsup: only "yeah, well, your momma" could have possibly been weaker there Hypatia (look it up, you might learn something).

guess this conversation is over. i just realized your might be in the hater group who trashes guys for not real reason.

i will enjoy getting 1000 yards and 10 tds from a #3 or #4 rb on mybench.

Are you proposing taking a RB in rounds one and two AND three (presumably taking LJ in the third as your RB3)? I like this kind of value thinking but unless you're satisfied with a less than robust WR corp, and a second or third tier QB, taking LJ in the third is more likely to be someone's RB2. Part of the debate on LJ comes down to league format ... how many WR versus RB can you start, PPR, and TE considerations.

LJ only averaged 16 carries a game in 2008 and 19 carries in 2007. This on a team that was inevitably playing from behind every game, and abandoning the run. A new GM, head coach and starting QB doesn't address their issues on the lines which didn't make significant improvement (IMO). Add to that LJ missing 10 games in the last two years and I think it's reasonable to be hesitant.

LJ feels like the kind of guy who could fall this year. The kind of guy who everyone passes on in the third where he "should" go and the stigma of being passed over drives his value inexplicably to the fifth. That's about where I would snatch him up ... but taking him any sooner is a gamble I wouldn't encourage others to make.

Dallas_Empire

Dec 28 2008, 05:44 AM

I have been an avid follower and fan of the Dallas Cowboys since the 1975 season. In these past 34 seasons there have been some real "turning point" moments, some for the good and some the other way.

The Cowboys victory over Minnesota in the 1975 playoffs with Roger Staubach's "Hail Mary" pass to Drew Pearson catapulted the Cowboys on to the Super Bowl that year and to three Super Bowls in four years.

On November 24, 1991, the Cowboys were an improved 6-5 and went to Washington to face the 11-0 Redskings with Steve Buerlein playing for an injured Troy Aikman. No one gave Dallas a chance. But Dallas came away with an amazing 24-21 victory that sparked them to winning their last five games and finishing with an 11-5 record. Dallas went on to win their first playoff game since 1982 with a win at Chicago. We all know that Dallas won the Super Bowl three of the next four seasons. But a real turning point was that win over Washington in a regular season game that gave confidence to a very talented team.

Now we stand on the brink of another "turning point" game, with another very talented Dallas team that needs confidence it can win big games against good teams. A win tomorrow in Philadelphia could transform this team and catapult the Cowboys to big things in the weeks and years to come. I believe the Cowboys will win tomorrow, and we will look back at this game as a turning point that began another storied chapter in Cowboys history.

5 reasons why Dallas will win!

1) We beat them in week #2

2) We are #1 in sacks

3) The eagles TIED the BUNGLES with a HEALTHY McNabb

4) They only got 3 points against the Skins on Sunday, even though the Eagles knew that winning their final two games would guarantee them a playoff spot.

5) Westbrook is hurt, limiting his explosiveness. He's their only consistent weapon. DeSean's also got some hurt ribs.

I also have a video for Dallas fans and others to watch before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00VhxQ74I6I

This will get you pumped up for a great game between two teams that hate each other. This game is like a fight between two street dogs fighting over a piece of meat. Philly just lacks the talent to beat Dallas in this game.

Official Dallas Empire Prediction:

Cowboys 24 Eagles 13

How'd that work out for you :thumbsup:

Dallas_Empire

Dec 25 2008, 04:12 AM Post #1

QUOTE(GhostofMeanMachine99 @ Dec 23 2008, 07:43 PM)

Alright, focker, time to put up or shut up.

If the Eagles win this weekend, you will not post on this board until the draft (and if you post under an alias, even Pimpdaddy or whatever that ahole's name is, you ban yourself).

If Dallas wins, I will stay off of the board until the draft.

Buck up or pipe down. What's it gonna be?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...t=0&start=0

The bet was offered to me in the above listed thread.

I gladly accept this bet and now await your reply. I just called you out in front of everyone so be a man and post here to accept.

Link

How'd that work out for you :shocking:

holych!t, melissa is laying a beatdown on dullass empire...oh the humanity!!! :lol:

I paid that debt. I did not post

you welched...you and pimptaddy showed up before draft.

you welched...you and pimptaddy showed up before draft.

No. I did not post. I posted a good bye after the lost bet and then left. I only returned a few days ago. I stayed away much longer than the time frame I promised.

No. I did not post. I posted a good bye after the lost bet and then left. I only returned a few days ago. I stayed away much longer than the time frame I promised.

You're a piece of sh!t. Go fist yourself. Hard

I can't wait to hear your excuse on why Miles Austin failed to hit 500 yards and 5 TD's.

You're a piece of sh!t. Go fist yourself. Hard

I can't wait to hear your excuse on why Miles Austin failed to hit 500 yards and 5 TD's.

I wont need an excuse. Austin is good for 800 yards and 7-8 tds this year.

Good point about Westy and Palmer, but LJ? LJ sucks and I wouldn't waste a 5th rounder on him.

"Value guys" are just that-a value. Some posters are saying they are going to build their whole team around such players that underacheived last year in hopes of a bounce-back year. It is cool to pick a few players like this but to go overboard is insane. I see it as too risky to pick players such as Parker, LJ, Palmer, Ocho, etc on the same team. Just too many question marks. However, if one or two of them fall, then fine, I will take a chance.