Sign in to follow this  
Know Doubt

Man, I've been over on the IBL Draft Boards and...

4 receivers in round 1? 8 out of the first 16 picks are receivers?? What kind of a mickey mouse league are you guys playing in? :pointstosky:

4 receivers in round 1? What kind of a mickey mouse league are you guys playing in? :pointstosky:

:lol:

its a PPR so you should see some WR's going earlier than you normally would, but I have to admit there has been some absolutely terrible drafting at points in this so far.

I almost understand having the big 4 go in round 1, especially with the depth at RB this year, but the next tier of WR's and beyond are all going WAY too early.

The good news is, team FFToday has been able to capitilize on this.

Also, for what its worth, you can start a max of 4 WR's and a minimum of 3.

you can only start a max of 2 RB.

Also, for what its worth, you can start a max of 4 WR's and a minimum of 3.

you can only start a max of 2 RB.

That makes a little more sense. It's still crazy that people are picking Greg Jennings, when Williams, Gore and Westbrook are still on the board.

That makes a little more sense. It's still crazy that people are picking Greg Jennings, when Williams, Gore and Westbrook are still on the board.

Check out draft E pick 3.5 :thumbsup:

http://football15.myfantasyleague.com/2009...=66942&O=17

White Wonder failed to tell you he's trying to start fights on the IBL! Guy called him a smart azz just today. Don't worry WW, we got your back! :doublethumbsup:

White Wonder failed to tell you he's trying to start fights on the IBL! Guy called him a smart azz just today. Don't worry WW, we got your back! :doublethumbsup:

f that guy. his post made no sense. "looking to trade my 9th 10th and 12th"...... "trying to stockpile picks in rounds 9-12" :first:

did you guys trade out of the 1st round in the E draft or am I just needing glasses?

also, geebus!!! DeAngelo in the mid 3rd...hell, i know it's ppr league, but he was still the top scoring back in my PPR last year...#1 back from last year, healthy, and his "running mate" is dinged up, and he lasts 3 rounds??? :doublethumbsup:

did you guys trade out of the 1st round in the E draft or am I just needing glasses?

also, geebus!!! DeAngelo in the mid 3rd...hell, i know it's ppr league, but he was still the top scoring back in my PPR last year...#1 back from last year, healthy, and his "running mate" is dinged up, and he lasts 3 rounds??? :first:

I traded out of round 1 in E into round 1 in draft F to land LT a few spots later while bumping myself up in a few other rounds.

Im sure we will all post our rosters and any fun stuff once the whole thing is complete so FFToday can see their reps :doublethumbsup:

also, geebus!!! DeAngelo in the mid 3rd...hell, i know it's ppr league, but he was still the top scoring back in my PPR last year...#1 back from last year, healthy, and his "running mate" is dinged up, and he lasts 3 rounds??? :doublethumbsup:

Yes, White Wonder was our only rep in that one. He traded into round one of Draft F to get Tomlinson.

Some of the picks have been quite shocking, but if you look at the depth of stud wr's compared to the overall depth of running backs it's quite unbalanced.

This is as WR heavy as I've ever seen the IBL. But even so, if you know what you're doing, you can get good ones.

For example, so far I have Aaron Rodgers, Michael Turner, LenWhale, Colston, TO, and Muhsin Muhammad (13th round pick, 28th WR in the IBL last year) so far. I still have a 3.11, 6.11, 7.02, 7.11, 8.02, 8.11, and some later picks. I really like how my roster is shaping up.

:lol:

its a PPR so you should see some WR's going earlier than you normally would, but I have to admit there has been some absolutely terrible drafting at points in this so far.

I almost understand having the big 4 go in round 1, especially with the depth at RB this year, but the next tier of WR's and beyond are all going WAY too early.

The good news is, team FFToday has been able to capitilize on this.

Yes, we know that and have been able to capitolize on your... um... capitalization...

...wait, we should be capitolizing on your, no... um... you've got a Capitol and we've got a bigger capitol so, no...

:blink:

Dambit we know what your plan has been!!!! :shocking: :P

I didn't. I took Westbrook before that clown.

I traded out of round 1 in E into round 1 in draft F to land LT a few spots later while bumping myself up in a few other rounds.

Im sure we will all post our rosters and any fun stuff once the whole thing is complete so FFToday can see their reps :cheers:

:wave:

I traded up two spots with you to get Andre Johnson, one of the two top WRs, so you could grab an aging LT. Only had to move down two spots in the 4th and 6th. Just grabbed Ryan Grant at 4.08E, he was gone at 4.03F, so it worked fine for me. Time will tell who got the better of our trade. :)

:cheers:

I traded up two spots with you to get Andre Johnson, one of the two top WRs, so you could grab an aging LT. Only had to move down two spots in the 4th and 6th. Just grabbed Ryan Grant at 4.08E, he was gone at 4.03F, so it worked fine for me. Time will tell who got the better of our trade. :)

i think it was a fine trade for both of us. I was just replying to someone who was curious why I didn't pick in round 1 of that draft.

If i stayed put i was going to take LT anyway so any bump was worth it for me :wave:

I think that the WR-crazy boards are going to learn a painful lesson this year.

A couple of notes:

A minimum of 2 WRs . . . there are two flex positions that allow for whacky combos such as 2 RBs/2 WRs/2 TEs, or 1 RB/4 WRs/1 TE, or . . . well, you get the idea.

We have a few new boards, and a lot of new owners, which changes the tenor of the drafts somewhat whenever that happens. It's conceivable that they are right . . . I just doubt it.

An example: Memphis Elite (Huddle) was being mocked earlier today for loving RBs. Ironically, last year Memphis went the WR route, because it was the first year that the IBL went PPR. He finished 22-45. Holt/Marshall/Bryant . . . two top teams, and a WR that was supposed to be all that. Oops. Maybe he learned something. I think it funny that it's his teammate giving him crap over it.

More later . . . the last two drafts start tomorrow.