Sign in to follow this  
bob_probert_2000

Best Fraft...

Besides yourself, who had the best fraft?

Chargers

Walt(Meek & Cowardly)

Dan(Dorks)

Grey

Deadpool

BGSG FAN(Steel Buckles)

Probert

INdy bears(Shinebox)

Stinkybob

Proteus(Midwest Muggles)

Nanny

Fantasy God(Urlacher's Angels)

Dalem(SB Skeezers)

Cyric(Maulers)

I like Dalem's team :wall:

I like the Pendleton Proberts. There seem to be fewer question marks on that team to start the season.

I like the Pendleton Proberts. There seem to be fewer question marks on that team to start the season.

i think mine is the best, well, if rudi johnson gets added to my team..

I'm going to attempt to break down the teams as they are right now. This could get lengthy, and it could be more than one post, but it might be fun for those who like to read. :bench:

Meek and Cowardly (Walter34)

After trading away what was left of a fading season in 2003, the Meek and Cowardly have set themselves up to be very competitive in the 2004 campaign. The QBs, with Donovan McNabb and Marc Bulger are very solid, especially if their issues with inaccuracy don't plague them all season long. The quarterbacks do, however, have to be seen as a significant strength of this team. The RB corps promises to be very nice, specifically in the starting lineup. Westbrook is an interesting #2, but he has the talent, if Reid decides to use him that way, and he can stay healthy. Hmmmm. Depth is limited and questionable, banking on split-time backs to catch lightning in a bottle on the bye weeks. The WRs suffered a major setback when Anquan Boldin was injured. The apparent draft strategy of this team was to allow the receivers to wait, relying on the top-10 steal that Boldin was. Toomer is solid and, I believe, a great complement in this receiving corps. The danger in this squad is that it appears to be built for 2005. Andre Johnson could be a stud, or he could suffer a sophomore slump. This fantasy team is obviously banking on the former. With Tony Gonzalez as the TE, they shoudl be solid enough to wait for the inexperience and hopefuls at WR to catch up. In a strategy that I am partial to, the Meek and Cowardly took a defense earlier than most, and brought up quality. This league leans a little more towards predictability in defenses, as the quality is important week-to-week in this scoring system. Walter34 came up roses with the New England defense, and that solidifies a part of the team that many dismiss as unimportant. Kicker is solid in Martin Gramatica, assuming he gets the opportunities in Tampa Bay. He also has a good leg to get the 50+ yarders, and the bonus points.

BOTTOM LINE: A very solid team, made thin by early injuries. Quality at the "other" positions make this a team to contend with week in and week out. Top 3 potential, especially if Boldin comes back in time to help.

Pendleton Proberts (bob probert)

Solid drafting, especially at the top of the draft, Probie played it safe. The QBs are solid, albeit unspectacular. You know what you're getting with Brett Favre, but he's not likely to win a game by himself. In Bledsoe and Testaverde, it is obvious that the Proberts are hoping one is sufficient for bye weeks and occasional matchup games. The RBs are nice, with the potential to be above average. Alexander/Dillon is a solid starting lineup, and Ron Dayne is a gamble that might pay off. In fact, he'd better, because Kevin Faulk is a handcuff, meaning any other RBs will be waiver wire hopefuls. The WRs fit the profile for this team . . . build for this year. Horn/Moulds/Robinson/Keyshawn/Kennison should be solid, again lacking explosion or significant upside. Taking two TEs is a safeguard, and allows flexibility, but reveals the uncertainty with Boo Williams, who could render Pollard a waiver wire slot. Vinatieri was interesting, if only because of where he was taken. Is Probie a Patriot fan? Just curious. Defense is outstanding with Baltimore, but not without question mark, if only because of Jamal Lewis' trial date, and the importance he has on the defense's time on the field. St. Louis is a bye-week fill.

BOTTOM LINE: No real gambles could lead to limited upside, and likely a middle-of-the-pack finish, barring trades and waiver pickups. Overall, this is a solid team, but I may have to change my original assessment, which was made with bleary mind. Sorry, Probert.

Steel Buckles (bgsgfan)

Here is a team that has the potential to go a long way. The QBs are underrated, as Trent Green has improved every year at KC, yet continues to get overlooked as a top QB. Maddox will have a bounce-back year, and be a solid backup here. Roethlisberger is a nice future pick, and made me a little green. :headbanger: The RBs are boom-or-bust, based on Jamal Lewis. There is NO depth at this position and, currently, bye weeks have to be making the Buckles a bit nervous. The WRs are a thing of beauty. The projected starters - Ward, Booker, Smith - are all solid to excellent, and the backups include potential that could be dynamite in the coming years, and maybe even this year, if things fall right. Great job in pass-catcher department. TE Todd Heap is one of the two safest and talented selections at the positions and eliminates gray hairs for bgsgfan. Kicker and Defense should score consistently above the norm - again in a solid move to get a top defense, rather than dissing the position in favor of lesser talent at more "predictable" positions. Nice job. This team was well constructed, with a clear vision and drafting strategy that incorporated not just 2004, but the ongoing success of the team, as well.

BOTTOM LINE: A lot of talent and potential on this team gives the Buckles a solid chance to be competitive. Bye weeks will be tell-tale, and Jamal Lewis' November trial date could prove problematic, and the undoing of a playoff run.

South Bend Skeezers (Dalem)

This team is difficult to evaluate, not necessarily because there are so many question marks, but because Dalem and I obviously think very differently. I will try to be fair. :blink: The QBs are the beginning of my consternation. Pennington is reportedly a very good QB, and Byron Leftwich has the media all agog. I'm not enamoured with either. In fairness, this is probably a solid QB corps, but I'm not overly fond of it. That said, Pennington should be solid, while Leftwich is a gamble in his second year, and Manning is a nice pick for next year. The RBs are good, especially in that there is depth here, and uncommon sight in a 14-team league. If Henry doesn't lose too many carries to McGahee, then the starting lineup should be solid. Smith, Minor, and the Arizona backups should be sufficient for bye weeks and potential. The top three WRs are solid with good upside. Burress, Price, and Chambers all come off down years, and Dalem has done a good job of intentionally picking up a potentially great receiving corps at drafting value. Calico and Gabriel are nice potential/sleeper picks, but the group looks decent. Getting into the "other" positions, it appears that the Skeezers really look at them as afterthoughts. LJ Smith is a good upside TE, but is a gamble. Kasay is a good kicker, but he can be streaky. And the selection of Jacksonville is either shrewd and savvy, or resigned to what was left, believing that defenses are unimportant.

BOTTOM LINE: This is a decent team, but is dependent on rebounds and breakouts at virtually every position. Kind of a boom-or-bust team that I see middle of the pack or lower.

Nanny Goats (NAn)

When a team sells their fantasy soul to contend one year, they ought not be able to contend the very next year. However, the Nanny Goats have put together enough potential to make a playoff run, should things fall into place for them. QB has to be giving NAn some gray hairs, even with Rich Gannon entrenched as his starter. His backup (with a nice contract and stronger arm) leaves Gannon as a good but risky starter. The other two, Plummer and McCown, are hopefuls with explosive upsides. Plummer is . . . well, Plummer. McCown has the benefit of being under the tutelage of Denny Green. How far will that take him? Hmmmm. The RBs, likewise, are not bad. Barlow and Staley as starters is not going to win games by themselves, but it won't lose them, either. The backups fit an apparent strategy - go for broke. Tatum Bell is great, if he wins the job. Likewise Fargas, a great talent who needs to get the ball and hang on to it. Choosing only 4 WRs (Did I miss one?) might be risky, and leaves this position as the thinnest on the team. Johnson and Gardner are a solid 1-2, but Porter and Taylor are, again, upside picks that NAn is hoping will break out. At TE, the Goats have locked up the Raider position, which is not necessarily a bad thing, except that they represent the 5th and 6th Raiders already mentioned here. Interesting trend . . . are you sorry you missed out on Gabriel, NAn? :blink: Kicker was solid with Elling, and Minnesota, in keeping with philosophy, is a gamble at defense that will either pay off big-time, or blow up in his face.

BOTTOM LINE: If the Raiders do well this season, andRich Gannon remains the starter, the Nanny Goats could make a run. If not, depth and the QB position could kill them.

Grey's Heretics (Grey Theory)

Welcome to the newest member of the Probert League. With a lot of work to be done, the Heretics appear to have a solid nucleus to build around. But there are concerns and question marks. At QB, the Heretics are solid, with McNair and Delhomme as likely week-to-week starters. Rivers is purely a pick for next year, especially with the standard Charger 3-4 week holdout taking place. If McNair stays healthy, Grey should find himself with options throughout the whole season. At RB, though, he can't even decide on a #2 to start the season. Chris Perry and Kevin Jones are obviously fighting for the job, but neither has claimed it to this point. Larry Johnson is a deep sleeper, who is unlikely to see playing time for the Heretics. The WR corps might be one of the most diverse in the league. It features a stud, a transplant, a grandfather, and a bunch of kids. This could end up being a really good thing, or it could turn into a grey nightmare by mid-season. TE Antonio Gates is this season's hot commodity at the position, but he seems fairly safe. Chad Lewis is likely on the way down, but remains a possibility for bye weeks. Grey is the first team we come across with two kickers, and one is boom-or-bust, and ostensibly for bye week purposes. Perhaps a future thought? Cincinnati could be a good sleeper defense, but appears to fit the "defenses are a crapshoot" mindset.

BOTTOM LINE: Thin and gambling through the middle of the roster (RB/WR) could lead to an up-and-down year. This team oozes potential, and next year this team could be excellent. But you can't keep them all, and this year may not net the production that is hoped for.

Nice synopsis on teams so far dan. :blink:

lol at you citing the number of raiders on my squad...had alot other things going on and didn't realize i did that.

Guest Cyric29

Dammit Dan I"m waiting to get torn apart... :rolleyes:

Dammit Dan I"m waiting to get torn apart... :(

fock that, i'm waiting to hear how greta i am! :wub:

Urlacher's Angels (FantasyGod/GrossmanIsOurSavior)

Here we have an interesting blend of talent and potential, all on a team that had one of the nicest keepers to carry over from '03 (Bennett). The biggest problem appears to be that there isn't a lot of proven talent to work with right away. The beginnin of the season could be very interesting, and maybe the time to catch last year's seasonal #1. At QB, there is nothing but potential and question marks. Palmer could be great, and he could flop. At the very least, he is likely to have his inconsistencies. Rattay may be safer when he comes back, but he, too, is unproven, especially over the course of a good many games, and the question marks at receiver and on the offensive line cannot be ignored. At RB, Michael Bennett was a very nice keeper that allowed the Angels to go in a different direction early (Harrison). I like the draft move, but not the RB corps that the Angels ended up with. Thomas Jones rightly takes the #2 slot on this team, but when your #3 is Eddie George, who is just a shadow of his former self, and likely to lose carries as the season goes on, this corps becomes very thin. This is more troublesome because of the insecurity at QB. An awful lot of gambling at the top of the roster going into the season. A couple of very nice receivers are on this team, with Harrison and Smith, giving some stability to the starting lineup. The backups are deep, with potential, but a bit short on giving confidence during bye weeks. This group becomes a bit deeper if Kansas City remembers how to throw to a WR, and Johnnie Morton remembers what position he's playing. I'm not a big fan of Jim Kleinsasser as a fantasy TE, although he's one of the better in the league for NFL purposes. That seems a rather shaky starter, especially considering the hopefulness woven throughout the rest of the lineup. The kicker is solid, likely to score consistent points. I like the two-defense strategy, and the defenses chosen are pretty good. However, it doesn't look like much consideration went into matchups. Curious about the first week of playoffs: Do you take Washington against a Philly team that has owned them, or take Tennessee against Kansas City? Hmmmm.

BOTTOM LINE: This team has some very critical holes that need to be filled, without a lot of consistent playmakers to buoy the team while it develops. It could be a rough season.

the shinebox (indybearsfan)

A slew of early trades put the shinebox in a position to draft top talent to solidify the lineup. The result was one of the more solid teams in the league, with some of the fewest question marks coming into the season. At QB, Daunte Culpepper is obviously a very nice start to a lineup, securing one position early, and allowing more depth searching at other positions. The backup, Grossman, is a gamble, but is only going to play one game, and so is a worthwhile chance to take. RB presents the biggest problem for indybearsfan, however. Rudi Johnson is an interesting #1 at best, although he is potentially very solid. Beyond him, though, there is not really a solid #2 anywhere on this roster. Duckett is likely to share carries with Dunn, and likely will end up on the short end of that stick, being a runner-only in a West Coast offense that fits Dunn better. Toefield and Thomas are prayers that someone gets injured, or is ineffective (plus maybe a little homer-ish :shocking: ). At WR, we see perhaps the greatest strength of this team. Torry Holt is probably the second best WR on this team, and that should be against the rules. With Muhammad as a solid #3 playing the flex position, the rest of the WRs behind them have a chance to sort themselves out. David Terrell is another one of those Chicago players that create a very distinct flavor for this team. There is a pattern . . . TE Dallas Clark, IMO, will be the best TE on the Colts this year, and was a solid keeper for the shinebox, allowing him to ignore the position during the draft. Two kickers is nice, but likely unnecessary, given the presence of Jason Elam. Paul Edinger appears to be yet another homer pick, bringing the total number of Chicago players to 5, rivalling NAn for "greatest homer in the Probert league." The defenses for this squad are rather interesting, especially if Chicago steps up and does anything. Indianapolis has some questions to be answered defensively, but they will at least be adequate under the watchful eye of Tony Dungy. One can speculate that Chicago will likewise have a measure of success due to the presence of Lovie Smith, but that tale is yet to be written. The playoff schedule for these two teams is rather sweet, with Detroit looking like the most formidable offensive squad that either team will face.

BOTTOM LINE: Despite the number of Bears on this team, it looks very solid. Great? I dunno. Greta, maybe. :rolleyes: But definitely very respectable, and certainly a playoff team. If a RB finds its way onto this squad sometime mid-season, the second-half run could be very nice.

Midwest Muggles (Proteus71)

I haven't decided whether it's a residual effect of confidence or arrogance that the Muggles think that they can compete in this league without a kicker. :ph34r: Either way, it is a very brazen move. :thumbsup:

I'm not a big Michael Vick fan, thinking that he is overrated as a passer, and will likely be a bit more cautious when he runs. But between Vick and Brad Johnson, I think that this is a very nice QB set. It's a good situation, so long as Proteus doesn't leave points on the bench. Then we get to RB, where we have creaky-knee central. I like Edgerrin James, and think that he will have a very good year. However, I think Marshall Faulk is on his last legs, and is a good bet to miss time this year. That could be a very bad thing for a team hoping that McGahee wrenches the starting job from Henry just to cover byes. After that is some nice talent . . . that probably won't see the field. The future could look nice for this team at RB, though. The WR corps may be the position that hurts the most, though (other than kicker). Koren Robinson has got to rebound this year for this group to be competitive, especially with the loss of Boston, and the idiocy of McCardell. Kevin Johnson and Ike Hilliard have potential, and if one of them steps up, this position could be fair. But their is nothing scary about it, unless Koren . . . well, you know. I can't bring myself to like Bubba Franks in any way, and generally think that he is more of a name than a player. But, that's why they play the season. The absence of his kicker really puts more pressure on the defense, and Philadelphia may be up to the challenge, but there has to be some trepidation about a secondary that lost both of their starting CBs from last year. Will they be ok? Maybe. But Jevon Kearse hasn't remained healthy in a long time, ND Kalu is out for the year, and that line is going to have to be active for that defense to succeed. I will watch with interest, but will be very thankful that I don't have to count on them. That said, the first two rounds of the playoffs favor them.

BOTTOM LINE: If this team gets a kicker, it will be able to field a full squad. :) And then, they just need to hope they stay healthy. If a couple of the plethora of WRs step up, this team can contend for the playoffs. If not, the age at RB will sneak up and bite them.

Stinkybob (stinkybob)

A disclaimer is in order when evaluating this team. I am a big fan of Peyton Manning and what he can do. However, it needs to be noted that I traded him this past offseason to my dynasty league commissioner, who has a natural talent for destroying the year of any QB that has ever been on his team. I will try to evaluate without the influence of my foreknowledge of your unfortunate and unanticipated demise. :rolleyes:

Obviously, the QB situation here is very solid. Peyton is not only awesome, but he never misses a game, a la Brett Favre. Harrington is a project and hopeful, but he'll only see the field once this season. A solid RB corps follows them up, with Taylor and Barber, and with a point per reception, that's a nice starting duo to have. Behind them is virtually nothing, as Buckhalter will split carries, and Robertson is hoping for field time. Bye weeks will be interesting; I guess the hope is for one of Peyton's 5-TD games on those weeks. At WR, if Rogers can pick up where he left off, and grow from there, this could be a decent starting duo. It had better happen that way, as Galloway, Northcutt, and Carter don't have quite the upside, and will be bye week fill. Two TEs adorn this squad, with Crumpler and Chamberlain making perhaps the best combo in the league. At least this position is secure through the bye week trials. This should be a strength every week. Longwell and Carney are solid as fantasy kickers, and won't hurt this team. I admire the methodology in selecting two quality defenses, as Stinkybob did. The matchups appear to work out for this team, with the exception of the playoffs week 1, when St. Louis comes to Carolina and Denver plays host to Miami. Hmmmm. Well, one thing at a time.

BOTTOM LINE: First round of the playoffs aside, first you have to make it there. The strength is on the edges (QB and Defense), and that could carry for enough games to make the playoffs. Bye weeks for this squad will be interesting and critical. Depth may be found, also, in the 18th player that is missing from the team. :thumbsdown:

Cyrics Maulers (Cyric29)

When looking down this team roster, the first thing that strikes me is that they look like they forgot to draft in the first round. Oh, wait. :rolleyes: That said, there was an admirable effort to make up for that minor drawback. As I get to the team, I immediately have a question: Why does anyone draft Brett Favre's backup? Isn't that like having the Maytag repair man? Just curious. Anyway, his QB squad looks a little like someone else's I watched; one starter and two backups. Interesting. Could it work? Is it plausible? Stranger things have happened. I like Garcia, but I hate that Cleveland line, and I fear for the guy's life. And then the ball may be prematurely put into the hands of Patrick Ramsey, who isn't like to get play unless Brunell gets injured. Keep running, Jeff. No, no . . . run faster. The RBs are almost as disconcerting as the QBs, with the exception that there are two of them that will at least see the field consistently. Garner should emerge as the starter for his former coach, which is a good think in a league rewarding receptions. Lee Suggs is the most talented back in Cleveland, but the concern, of course, is that Butch Davis has his pride on the line, and has not exactly shown the evaluating savvy to suggest that he will let talent win out. Everyone else is in a backup or RBBC role that will seriously curtail the possibility of them bailing the Maulers out of a jam (ie. the season), unless a high profile RB goes down, and allows Cyric to catch lightning in a bottle. The WRs have a bit more potential, but no more security to add to Cyric's situation. Walker and Wayne might be the best on the squad, but they don't necessarily aid the sleep of a FF manager. Evans and Davis have upside, and one needs to step up, and Ferguson is a handcuff to ensure at least one fairly solid WR - not to mention the need to stay in the race for "Greatest Homer in the Probert league." Like a lot of this team, TE Ben Troupe is a pick for next year, with upside for this one. A decent strategy for a team coming off a championship, and forced to rebuild immediately. It's just not a great way to defend a crown. :) Oh, well. Stover and Green Bay anchor the rest of the team, and they are solid, albeit unspectacular.

BOTTOM LINE: 6 Packers grace this team, tying Cyric with NAn for the title. But what is unique about Cyric, though, is the second team that colors the roster - Cleveland. More importantly, the three Browns on this squad will likely all play an integral role for the Maulers this role. And perhaps that's really all you need to know about the chances for this team, this year. :rolleyes:

Deadpool's Poolboys (Deadpool)

This is an interesting team. Good veteran talent, and a few gambles for upside and potential make it look like a fun team to watch. Tom Brady was a solid keeper from last year, but is not fantasy dynamite. However, as with his NFL team, he won't lose a game for Deadpool, either. With Mark Brunell as the other starter, this position should be solid - not dynamic, but solid. That works well with the plan put in place here, because the RBs have the potential to be dynamic. McAllister is explosive enough to carry a fantasy team at times, and Julius Jones is a nice rookie selection (too bad he had to be selected so early). Chris Brown is a starter, giving the Poolboys three of them (a rare commodity), and White and Musa Smith give potential of a really deep group here. At WR, Coles is legitimate as a #1, and anchors this unit. Stallworth and Moss appear to be good enough for Deadpool to select one for his #2, although neither are my favorites. Deion Branch is more talented than the numbers he will get, but if anyone emerges out of the New England WR corps, Branch would be my guess. Randle-El is a savvy pick who will be more effective next year, but is a lot like Moss (Santana) in his abilities. TE represents the biggest question mark and gamble that this team has, but with Winslow and Witten, I personally like the chances. Both could be good this year; one definitely should be. The kicker is Josh Brown, a good value on a potentially great offense, and Tampa Bay as your starting defense is very solid, although one has to wonder what that squad will look like without Sapp and Lynch (not to mention Webster). Hmmmmm.

BOTTOM LINE: This is one of the most solid rosters top-to-bottom in the league, and should be considered a likely top-three contestant at this point. Very nice job.

Chargers (ChargersFan22)

As I look over this team, the first thing that strikes me is: It's better than last year. Then I though to myself, "Self, we need something a bit more definitive, as that leaves a lot of room." :doublethumbsup: At QB, Hasselbeck should be solid, and appears to be everyone's pre-season favorite to bless the top 5 or 6 with his presence. He could be, especially with the offense surrounding him. But even his owner doesn't trust him that much. The Chargers have taken the bullpen approach, holding 4 QBs on their roster. Warner, Boller, Carr - one of them should emerge as a capable backup . . . certainly. The RB corps is not my favorite, but is no-frills and safe. Priest should be Priest, likely for one more season, and then the group has a bunch of guys who are standing at the exit with one foot on a banana peel. Stephen Davis, Emmitt Smith and Jerome Bettis do not exactly bring tears of joy to an owner's heart. However, between them, they probably won't break it, either. Warrick Dunn will look pretty good in the West Coast offense, and should become a regular in this group. Nice collection of RBs, in that they will see the field. Mike Anderson is a gamble, and not particularly one I'm fond of. The WRs are a little like the RBs, safe and fairly solid, albeit quite a bit thinner. Owens' numbers are likely to drop, but he's still an outstanding talent. Driver and Warrick will likely supplant Lelie, and when the QB situation works itself out, the Chargers will be able to pick up one of the talented WRs still on the waiver wire to round this group out. The TEs are a very nice achievement. Jeremy Shockey will be solid when he comes back from being banged up, and Daniel Graham is one my better-liked TEs this year. I think he becomes the man for Brady in tough situations. Jay Feely at kicker is ok, and Denver goes about the same way, neither lighting a fire for me, as I can't get high on Atlanta, and Denver plays several very good offenses this year. Maybe they can stop them, but I'm not willing to go out on that limb.

BOTTOM LINE: This is a "safe" team, and it looks a little timid in its drafting. It will be competitive, but ChargersFan will likely to have to get aggressive on the waiver wire or on the phone lines if he wants to make a serious push into the playoffs.

Did something happen to Nedney? I used this site's depth charts to make sure I wasn't picking injured/released players due to time constraints.

I'm not a Vick fan at all, but that's what I get for not picking in time - this was a draft ticker pick. I would have taken Horn here, most likely, instead of Vick. This caused some reaching at WR later in the draft.

I would have been happy with Faulk and Jackson backing him up, but I was beaten on the Jackson pick. :wall:

Good analysis and I agree with it. Less than spectacular draft.

Thanks, Walter - although I should go back and correct the shining grammar. :huh:

I'm going to throw out a prediction - an order, a power ranking based on what I've written. I'll try to keep up with it every other week during the season, too, if I'm able (every week would be ideal, but we'll see). Right now, it will be just the 13 teams evaluated here. When I get the courage to self-evaluate, I will try to honestly put myself into the mix.

DISCLAIMER: I'm sorry if this is defeating the original purpose of this thread . . . I just like to write and pontificate. It's kinda my role in my other two leagues. :)

1) Deadpool's Poolboys

2) Meek and the Cowardly

3) Steel Buckles

4) Pendleton Proberts

5) the shinebox

6) Stinkybob

7) Midwest Muggles

8) South Bend Skeezers

9) Chargers

10) Grey's Heretics

11) Urlacher's Angels

12) Nanny Goats

13) Cyric's Maulers

Note: Normally, I will provide comments/anecdotes with the ranking, but given the diatribe you were all recently forced to endure, I will refrain . . . this time. :o

Looking forward to a great season!!!! Thanks again, guys, for involving me.

I'll check out your team later today and slot you in for the power rankings. :lol:

14th

:blink:

Well, I guess someone has to be at that slot . . . :)

1) Deadpool's Poolboys

2) Meek and the Cowardly

3) Steel Buckles

4) Pendleton Proberts

5) the shinebox

6) Stinkybob

7) Midwest Muggles

8) South Bend Skeezers

9) Chargers

10) Grey's Heretics

11) Urlacher's Angels

12) Nanny Goats

13) Cyric's Maulers

you will rue these rankings come playoffs!

I will only regret if (A) I remember them, and (:thumbsdown: if I make the playoffs. :cheers:

I will attempt to make a fair assessment of my own them, but with a little twist. Since I know what I was thinking (yes, I was thinking), I will comment a little on my draft and what happened the way I wanted it too, versus stuff that was not so hot. So, without further adieu:

DORKs (Dan)

First, I think that we need two more roster spots for these teams. :pointstosky: I think that overall I liked my draft strategy; but it almost folds in on itself. With the potential players picked up, I left myself in a position at Kicker and Tight End where I will have to cut someone to make things happen. Hmmmm. That's less than ideal. But, oh well.

At QB, I really liked getting Aaron Brooks, having decided that he or Trent Green would be a very capable starter. As it happened, I got the one I wanted before several other QBs went. Happy there. The backup at the position, however, did not go as I had planned. I knew by the time the 14th round was rolling around that I wasn't necessarily going to get one of the guys that would make me comfortable, but I was hoping to net Roethlisberger and/or Rivers. That stung, but I do like Collins. It's unfortunate that I will go into the season not great at this position, but so it goes. At RB, the trade up was a comfort level. I feel much better about Clinton Portis than I did about making the decision necessary at 8. I had a different list of players that I anticipated falling to the end of the second round, but Ward, Holt, and Johnson all went ahead of that pick. But I actually like the Griffin selection, as it looks like he has the position, at least to begin the season. With Foster looking to be the heir apparent in Carolina, and Jackson the same in St. Louis, I should be okay as the season progresses. At the very least, I was rather pleased with the way that this position turned out. Cobbs is a gamble, but in the 15th, not a desperate one. He is merely a thought and a chance for next year. At WR, I was really rather pleased. Darrell Jackson and Isaac Bruce are a solid WR duo, and I think that I will be solid with those two. All four of the backups on my team have question marks, but Brandon Lloyd and Drew Bennett should start and be decent. Lloyd may have been a reach in round 6, but I'm not sure I get him a round or two later. Clayton may be forced into action, but he is a pick for the future, as is Darling, perhaps my favorite super-sleeper. At TE, I am satisfied with Randy McMichael, even though I had originally thought I had a chance at Antonio Gates, whom I had targeted for the 8th round. When he dropped, I decided to wait. I like McMichael's potential, and believe he jumps back to top-5; but I confess, it's a hope. My kicker is arguably the best in the league, and I don't even mind taking him earlier than most would. In our format, it just makes sense to me. I'm not ever going to "keep" a kicker, or likely even a defense. So, why not take them early, get the ones I want, and build my team for the future with the back end picks. :banana: This was the thinking in taking Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Nobody will question the Buffalo selection (even if they think the draft slot was nuts), but I'm sure Pittsburgh in the 11th raised some eyebrows. But I believe that their defense will rebound this year, and when you consider their schedule - AFC North (6), AFC East (4), NFC East (4), Jacksonville and Oakland, there aren't too many offensive juggernauts that they have to contend with. And between the two, the playoff matchups are . . . not so bad (not to mention the regular season).

BOTTOM LINE: I don't think that this is the best team in the league, but I like its promise. It has potential, but should be immediately competitive, and appears to have the depth to absorb injury (except at QB). I'm okay with what I wanted to do.

Revised, to add myself into the mix. :shocking:

1) Deadpool's Poolboys

2) Meek and the Cowardly

3) Steel Buckles

4) Pendleton Proberts

5) the shinebox

6) Stinkybob

7) Midwest Muggles

8) DORKs

9) South Bend Skeezers

10) Chargers

11) Grey's Heretics

12) Urlacher's Angels

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

I appreciate your comments Dan.

Some of the things you said are almost scary-similar to the way I thought. 1. I had targetted Aaron Brooks and Trent Green, but fell a few picks short of Brooks. 2. I figured going early for TE, K, and D made sense with the keeper format we have. Hopefully everyone forgets this by the time next year's draft roles around. 3. I am worried I will have to dump a potential keeper when I pick up my bye week replacement for D, K, and TE.

I don't think you slammed me enough for being weak at RB - I think I'll have to be lucky to be third.

Count me among those that think that one can actually overvalue the RB position. You still only get to start two. And when you're in a 14-team league, there aren't too many teams that are starting a "wow!" type RB corps. You may be weak at RB, but all the positions get to play. If your QB/WR/others outperform, you can survive a decent running game. I like the overall talent of your team, despite the less-than-spectacular RB corps.

Revised, to add myself into the mix. :rolleyes:

1) Deadpool's Poolboys

2) Meek and the Cowardly

3) Steel Buckles

4) Pendleton Proberts

5) the shinebox

6) Stinkybob

7) Midwest Muggles

8) DORKs

9) South Bend Skeezers

10) Chargers

11) Grey's Heretics

12) Urlacher's Angels

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

Current Ranking by points:

1) DORKs

2) Steel Buckles

3) Meek and Cowardly

4) Pendelton Proberts

5) Chargers

6) the shinebox

7) Urlacher's Angels

8) Midwest Muggles

9) Stinkybob

10) Grey's Heretics

11) Deadpool's Poolboys

12) South Bend Skeezers

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

Not bad. I hit some pretty well (2-4, 6, 8; I really didn't know what to do with myself). Some not so much (5, 7, 11 were really off).

I like looking at points this early in the season, as it more likely a better indicator of the quality of the team. The next several weeks, though, are the depth testers, as we get heavy into the byes. I know, injuries have already tested some depth, but this should compound things. Now we'll see how well people have drafted these two years running.

Surprises: Chargers is better than I thought they would be!! Very nice job, and still rolling. Injuries and underperformance have really hurt the South Bend Skeezers and Deadpool's Poolboys. They could still rebound, but the early going has not been kind to them. The Nanny Goats are either led by a brilliant man, or the luckiest man to walk the planet . . . evah. 2-1??? Chutzpah!

I'll be very curious to see the next few weeks.

Revised, to add myself into the mix. ;)

1) Deadpool's Poolboys

2) Meek and the Cowardly

3) Steel Buckles

4) Pendleton Proberts

5) the shinebox

6) Stinkybob

7) Midwest Muggles

8) DORKs

9) South Bend Skeezers

10) Chargers

11) Grey's Heretics

12) Urlacher's Angels

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

1) DORKs

2) Steel Buckles

3) Meek and Cowardly

4) Pendelton Proberts

5) Chargers

6) the shinebox

7) Urlacher's Angels

8) Midwest Muggles

9) Stinkybob

10) Grey's Heretics

11) Deadpool's Poolboys

12) South Bend Skeezers

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

Not bad. I hit some pretty well (2-4, 6, 8; I really didn't know what to do with myself). Some not so much (5, 7, 11 were really off).

I like looking at points this early in the season, as it more likely a better indicator of the quality of the team. The next several weeks, though, are the depth testers, as we get heavy into the byes. I know, injuries have already tested some depth, but this should compound things. Now we'll see how well people have drafted these two years running.

Surprises: Chargers is better than I thought they would be!! Very nice job, and still rolling. Injuries and underperformance have really hurt the South Bend Skeezers and Deadpool's Poolboys. They could still rebound, but the early going has not been kind to them. The Nanny Goats are either led by a brilliant man, or the luckiest man to walk the planet . . . evah. 2-1??? Chutzpah!

That is pretty impressive Dan - the rankings are very close to reality.

Deadpool is the only one that is waaaaaay off.

Revised, to add myself into the mix. :pointstosky:

1) Deadpool's Poolboys

2) Meek and the Cowardly

3) Steel Buckles

4) Pendleton Proberts

5) the shinebox

6) Stinkybob

7) Midwest Muggles

8) DORKs

9) South Bend Skeezers

10) Chargers

11) Grey's Heretics

12) Urlacher's Angels

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

1) DORKs

2) Steel Buckles

3) Meek and Cowardly

4) Pendelton Proberts

5) Chargers

6) the shinebox

7) Urlacher's Angels

8) Midwest Muggles

9) Stinkybob

10) Grey's Heretics

11) Deadpool's Poolboys

12) South Bend Skeezers

13) Nanny Goats

14) Cyric's Maulers

That is pretty impressive Dan - the rankings are very close to reality.

Deadpool is the only one that is waaaaaay off.

C'mon, Walt. I wasn't that far off. I have him in the right league, anyway . . .

I like Dalem's team :pointstosky:

I'm thinking that he'll let you have it, if you ask him real nice. :pointstosky: