Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 2 Commentary

We(FFT) did win the IBL one year by grabbing the backs, but that was before it went ppr.

We (FFT) almost did it again last year, with a similar strategy, and that was with PPR. We simply ran out of weeks. . . :headbanger:

Right now, yes .. . but funny things happen . . .

Just look at Memphis Elite's roster from last year, examine the WR corps, and look at the RB corps, and tell me which WR he got late . . . or which RB he got early. He finished 22-45.

By the way, he went after RBs this year. :headbanger:

SO won last year taking Wr's. :lol:

That's funny, thanks for info V4E.

I knew IBL went ppr and to 8 boards...assuming lots of newbs so the early drafts set trend and the other drafts folks start grabbing players they like earlier than previous drafts to make sure they get them.

I know I'm up...both picks be up shortly.

*sigh* Yes. Yes, you did . . .

But we're coming back for you this year. We are ON IT!!!

SO won last year taking Wr's. :wacko:

But did you overpay for those WR's last year? That's the point. Absolutely nothing wrong with taking alot of WR's early, IF you don't vastly overpay (which is what it sounds like is happening this year). :lol:

Anyway, back to this mock........

Taking them, not overspending on them..... :wacko: But time will tell if this new strategy works, hell I am interested to see the results frankly....

I almost took Jennings over Brees. I feel he takes the leap to a top 5 WR this year in his second year with Rodgers.

*cough*namedropper*cough*

:lol:

Was looking for Jennings, but fell how I thought and figured I was getting Colston.

I actually like him this year, but injuries a concern with him so thought Jennings was safer (but still with lots of upside, like that pick).

Here's how Colston finished out last year after slow start back from injury:

6/84/1

9/99/2

7/123/1

With other WR who stepped up having injury problems plus how Colston got back in synch with Brees to end last season, IF he can stay healthy, see a big year in an offense that likes to throw and should pick up from it's #1 scoring ranking last year.

But did you overpay for those WR's last year? That's the point. Absolutely nothing wrong with taking alot of WR's early, IF you don't vastly overpay (which is what it sounds like is happening this year). :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to this mock........

Do you think I over paid for Calvin in the first, Boldin in the second, and Housh in the third??? Now after the carnage was over in the first 3 drafts, some guys over spent on the same guys in the next round of drafts.

Do you think I over paid for Calvin in the first, Boldin in the second, and Housh in the third??? Now after the carnage was over in the first 3 drafts, some guys over spent on the same guys in the next round of drafts.

Calvin, absolutely.......Boldin is good value in the lower half of the second, Housh is a strong candidate for the lower half of the third.

The good news is that others gained access to PPR RB value in the late first and second that staggers the imagination. Instead of simply accepting some non-PPR clod as their point man for the position, people got huge production for a must-start spot.....good news for the rest of us that is.... :rolleyes:

Calvin, absolutely.......Boldin is good value in the lower half of the second, Housh is a strong candidate for the lower half of the third.

The good news is that others gained access to PPR RB value in the late first and second that staggers the imagination. Instead of simply accepting some non-PPR clod as their point man for the position, people got huge production for a must-start spot.....good news for the rest of us that is.... :rolleyes:

Glad it worked out for you again Ray, and sorry that your same plan failed last year! :rolleyes:

Glad it worked out for you again Ray, and sorry that your same plan failed last year! :doublethumbsup:

Uhm, huh? :unsure:

Glad it worked out for you again Ray, and sorry that your same plan failed last year! :doublethumbsup:

Boy, you really like poking ol' hornets' nest, don't you?

:unsure:

Nan: Here's the G and H drafts this year.

Lots of WR reaches there.

That's funny stuff. Listen, I play in strictly all PPR leagues, and understand the value of WR's in that format. Even in this and the past few years as more RBBC's emerge. I get it. But that right there is classic overcompensation. I dare say panic by some.

That's funny stuff. Listen, I play in strictly all PPR leagues, and understand the value of WR's in that format. Even in this and the past few years as more RBBC's emerge. I get it. But that right there is classic overcompensation. I dare say panic by some.

I thought it was flipping awesome...... :doublethumbsup:

Remote : some people made it work. Seems like you are one of them, but I could rattle off a bunch of rosters where people overpaid terribly for mediocre WR's... they probably plan to start 4 because the rule is there and they think they are being trendy/smart/sneaky or what have you, but the bottom line ends up being their 3rd and 4th WR's are nothing special and their RB's look anemic as a result.

I think guys who made sure to be on the front ends of WR runs, especially in early drafts, probably did ok for themsevles.

Its the guys drafting Santana Moss and Jericho Cotchery in the 4th round as number 3 WR's who will be paying the price.

Remote : some people made it work. Seems like you are one of them, but I could rattle off a bunch of rosters where people overpaid terribly for mediocre WR's... they probably plan to start 4 because the rule is there and they think they are being trendy/smart/sneaky or what have you, but the bottom line ends up being their 3rd and 4th WR's are nothing special and their RB's look anemic as a result.

I think guys who made sure to be on the front ends of WR runs, especially in early drafts, probably did ok for themsevles.

Its the guys drafting Santana Moss and Jericho Cotchery in the 4th round as number 3 WR's who will be paying the price.

I agree.

Yeah, it's not about what positions you pick where, it's about who you pick where. You can go kicker and defense in the first 2 rounds, and still put together an awesome team if you get lucky.

During the Jetdoc mock earlier this year, we went back and looked at our teams from the previous year. remote blew his first 3 picks with Addai, Braylon Edwards, and Edge

But he came back with Brees, DeAngelo, Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, Dwayne Bowe, and Dallas Clark.

I'll add with royal that he also had 900yds/5tds...already his value is there ppr, but if he can get a few more recs and/or increase his ypr you're looking at a 1050/6-7 guy which is solid at this pt.

With that said his ADP at FFCalculator is 5.7, so could be had later V4E...so could get him and still get another player at this pt.

I'll add with royal that he also had 900yds/5tds...already his value is there ppr, but if he can get a few more recs and/or increase his ypr you're looking at a 1050/6-7 guy which is solid at this pt.

With that said his ADP at FFCalculator is 5.7, so could be had later V4E...so could get him and still get another player at this pt.

WW already said that he was planning on taking him at 4.4, so Clash had to take him now if he wanted him (or risk Dan taking him at the turn and grabbing him at 4.2).

It's not a pick I would have made, but apparently Clash loves him, so he was willing to reach.

Re: WR v RB early on debate...I've said it for past few years: it's about right PLAYERS not right POSITIONS.

It's funny when I do mocks at the mass mock sites and jawwing with guys who I can tell and/or admit they've only been playing a few yrs and they're spouting off about 'RBs rule FF' or 'WRs are king in ppr' or whatever outdated theory they throw out there.

If you're a big RB guy but went with Sjax/LJohnson in first 2 rnds you likely had a long season.

Guy who went wrs early and went for value rbs like tjones/deangelo later may have been given a hard time on draft day, but were still in playoff mix while many other folks seasons were done.

Same could be said of the guy who thought getting Moss/Owens combo at 1/2 turn thought he was sitting pretty and then was worse off when his value rbs mcfadden/maroney did nothing.

My philosophy now is: get the best PLAYERS on your roster and work everything else out later.

Nan: Here's the G and H drafts this year.

Lots of WR reaches there.

wow...that is a bit ridiculous.

meanwhile solid rb value (jeez, dwill at 2.8?) slides down.

wow...that is a bit ridiculous.

meanwhile solid rb value (jeez, dwill at 2.8?) slides down.

if you think d-will at 2.8 is funny, i'll have to link you draft E

as for Eddie Royal

A - this is the wrong thread, he was a 3rd rounder :dunno:

B - i would have indeed taken him at 4.4 not because he should be drafted that high but because I know he isn't making it to 5.9 and I do love him in a PPR as a Wes Welker Jr.

It's an interesting debate, until you glance at reality. It's about players, and how they compare to their position. I am in a dynasty that is PPR, and my best receiver last year was *****, followed by ****** (sorry, I didn't have a receiver currently drafted in our mock - get the idea?). My running backs, however, were Steve Slaton and Michael Turner - who, by the way, was #3 in PPR last year among RBs. My QB was Drew Brees, and I had a pretty decent TE (okay, very decent), and was good at picking the right defenses. But WRs seem to be a common target in PPR, but don't necessarily net you the wins and points you want, especially on a consistent basis.