Sign in to follow this  
NAn

Round 9 Commentary

I felt comfortable that both these guys would fall to me here, part of reason I went with what admittedly was a boom/bust pick in Winslow last time around.

Henry is the upside guy another boom/bust.

Cotchery's avgs last 3 yrs: 78recs/980yds/4.5tds...solid #3wr numbers and comparable to what I could have got with 'safe' pick in Coles last time around.

I felt comfortable that both these guys would fall to me here, part of reason I went with what admittedly was a boom/bust pick in Winslow last time around.

Henry is the upside guy another boom/bust.

Cotchery's avgs last 3 yrs: 78recs/980yds/4.5tds...solid #3wr numbers and comparable to what I could have got with 'safe' pick in Coles last time around.

COTCHERY"S BEEN TAKEN ALREADY........LIKE THREE ROUNDS AGO! PICK AGAIN!

COTCHERY"S BEEN TAKEN ALREADY........LIKE THREE ROUNDS AGO! PICK AGAIN!

lol, pick on the way...wow, I usually never do this, my bad.

man, bad form...starting to make some big mistakes in rounds that are the most important.

cotchery would be great value here...no wonder he was gone 3 rnds ago.

2nd guessing the henry pick as it was based on 'safe' cotchery pick.

Chambers is decent here imo, but low ceiling IMO and been a bit erratic...more a pick of liked him amongst other options rather than just liking him.

I'll be on top of things here on out guys.

man, bad form...starting to make some big mistakes in rounds that are the most important.

cotchery would be great value here...no wonder he was gone 3 rnds ago.

2nd guessing the henry pick as it was based on 'safe' cotchery pick.

Chambers is decent here imo, but low ceiling IMO and been a bit erratic...more a pick of liked him amongst other options rather than just liking him.

I'll be on top of things here on out guys.

Granted, I spent early on Cotch, but I feel real good about Chambers this season too. This is a Window team. It's this year or never for the Chargers, in my estimation. Chambers had a fine start until injury last season, and he handled the bulk of the coverage until VJax got rolling. This season, they will have to account for both of them and I feel Chambers is still as good, and will reward your pick at this stage of the game.

I tried to get caught up this morning so let me know if Lendale has been drafted. :nono:

I mean, I do realize this is a PPR league but that doesn't mean that yardage and TD's don't count either. :thumbsdown:

9.07 WR Donnie Avery, STL

All reports are he's ahead of schedule and should be available week 1. He was going well ahead of the 9th round before the foot injury. I feel comfortable taking the risk of him starting a little slow, as my WR4.

Mason, White, and Avery were all on my shortlist, with Hass for this pick and I ended up with Hass. With Brees as my starter, Hass won't be leaned on that much, but I am glad to have a solid #2 Qb, and feel that, he and TJ Housh, are gonna be golden this season.

9.08 - QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

With basically a full years rest and upgrades in all WR positions, including Carlson at TE, Matt is poised for a huge year. They don't really have the running game to carry the offense and you know he will be slinging the rock all over the place. TJ Housh was a HUGE offseason acquisition, and will give Hass back the Engram type Wr he was lacking, and this version is a major upgrade in both size and ability. I have him earmarked for 3,600 yards passing and 28 TD's.

Had Avery, Mason, or White fallen, I would have held off on this pick until around the turn. My hope was to get 2 of the 4 here.

You guys were brutal on my list, taking 4 of the top 5 guys I had.

Out for a few hours, sent another list to Mike.

:thumbsup:

9.08 - QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

With basically a full years rest and upgrades in all WR positions, including Carlson at TE, Matt is poised for a huge year. They don't really have the running game to carry the offense and you know he will be slinging the rock all over the place. TJ Housh was a HUGE offseason acquisition, and will give Hass back the Engram type Wr he was lacking, and this version is a major upgrade in both size and ability. I have him earmarked for 3,600 yards passing and 28 TD's.

Had Avery, Mason, or White fallen, I would have held off on this pick until around the turn. My hope was to get 2 of the 4 here.

There is plenty to be excited about in Seattle to be sure, you highlight some important factors in what could be a surprise year for them to be in the playoff hunt.

He was texted for his corner pick at about 3:30. We oughta just pick for him. He shouldn't need prompting for each pick!

Who are you talking about? Who is Tessa?

Who are you talking about? Who is Tessa?

His Yorkie, he never goes to the supermarket without her.... :music_guitarred: